main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Revenge of the Sith Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    ....This is early....tpyjeing is getting hrdesr 2 do...
    5 dyas toe gom....

2. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    FORE!!!

ahem... I mean... FOUR! DAYS TO GO UNTIL ALL CRAZINESS BREAKS OUT!!! if it hasn't already there in Boise... (smiles)

3. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Unbelieveable...3 LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGG Days to go...

4. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    For those of you who don't think there could be an Episode VII:

http://www.iesb.net/movies2/movie051505.php

Remember in 1983 Lucas said Jedi was it forever...

5. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    Awesome article!!! a must read!!!

6. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    I'm sorry but at CIII Lucas said that "Star Wars" is the story of Anakin growing up as a jedi, falling to the dark side, and eventually getting redeption

while I understand good buisness...etc I really can't see VII - IX being made
    if they did make another theatrical release... it would probably be a movie that takes place during the series'... between the films

but as said before...good read and very good insite into how a company works
    besides... Lucas has VII - IX tied up into so many legal loop holes... I doubt he'll ever undo all of that so he can make it

7. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Just considering all Lucas has said from very recent interviews, I can understand that he'd be tired of doing SW films...he wants to make his "art" films now.
    But I can see the pov that he said there'd never be prequels to...
    I guess time will tell.

8. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Your all probably right, but I can always hope for a Epiosode VII.

9. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    I agree QuiGon
    basically... my stance is, "I'm skeptical but hopeful"

10. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    If you were alive in 1983 would you have thought the same thing? I was, and we went through 16 years of nothing new, then bam!!! Three awesome prequels. NEVER SAY NEVER!!!

2 days left!!!!

11. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    What's this I hear about everyone ditching Edwards at the last min. and going to Majestic??? That's a bunch of crap! Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

If this is true, here are my thoughts:
    You've worked too hard to get the relationship at Edwards to not follow your original plan through. AND you're sure to have many potential new members by following through at Edwards 1st (where they expect you to be anyway) and then Majestic!

Don't forget what happen with AOTC and don't let it happen again! (I was rather disappointed 3 years ago. I saw a couple of tents pitched on the west side of Edwards in Boise. I was amazed at how dedicated people were. So I went down to Hastings and bought 2 Attack of the Clones novels to bring down there to give to these die hard fans camping out....Yes, you guessed it, there were just tents sitting there with nobody inside of them. I tried for another two days to give them to these so called FANS.....time and time again, nobody was ever there. So I was a little bit upset that these people pitching the tents were nothing more than sellouts. Not really camping out, just pitching tents and leaving....That really sucks!)

If I'm wrong - what's your take. I'll only stay objective for so long...

Don't disappoint each other, the club, or the fans - it will only bring division. Stay true to your word, Jedi.

(steps off of soapbox)

Marc

12. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I appriciate what you say Malcolm, However....

This new theater has made incredible strides to reach out to us Star Wars fans.

I think it is important to keep both the Edwards and Majestic people happy.

The thought to purchease tickets there should have reequired more thought on our part, a mistake I openly have admitted too.

As for the AOTC thing, I spent 35 DAYS camped out for that movie, I have nothing to regret from that experience.(whoever the orginial person who posted that was)Did he/she even camp? Hard to say sell out when you didn't camp as long as I did that year. In fact I take no stock in it at all.

I'm not alone in going to the Majestic, Ron, Bill, Cody and I have all made this choice. If you could see this theater, you might have chosen it too, after all Lucas did say Digital is the best way to see it.

I still feel torn this morning...There is tradition at Edwards, but like everyone seeing it at Edwards has said, this is the LAST movie they will probably see at Edwards.

There is no easy solution. We will all see the movie at 6:30 the next day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.