Revenge of the Sith Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Idaho Falls, ID' started by QUIGONJINN02, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    I couldn't find a place to post this, so I simply created a new thread. I'm sure most of you have already seen this on SW.com, but here it is none the less:

Episode III

REVENGE OF THE SITH

War! The Republic is crumbling
    under attacks by the ruthless
    Sith Lord, Count Dooku.
    There are heroes on both sides.
    Evil is everywhere.

In a stunning move, the
    fiendish droid leader, General
    Grievous, has swept into the
    Republic capital and kidnapped
    Chancellor Palpatine, leader of
    the Galactic Senate.

As the Separatist Droid Army
    attempts to flee the besieged
    capital with their valuable
    hostage, two Jedi Knights lead a
    desperate mission to rescue the
    captive Chancellor?.

COOL! Talk about starting right into the action...
    Four more months of SW heaven, and then it is over. The saga comes to an end. I guess there is a season for everything, and all good things must come to an end...
  2. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I love the feeling I get when we are this close to a new movie. I'm sure I know too much, I have seen lots of toy pictures and movie pictures and I hit www.starwars.com. everyday.
    From what I know about it, I have even wondered if this could rival ESB,in quality. I think from what I've been hearing its going to have the best acting of the saga. I also think that even though every fan knows what's going to happen, Lucas is going to deliver the goods in a heart wrenching manner.
    I absolutely can't wait to hear the Fox Fanfare in May, but I'm not sure how I will feel when the closing credits roll a couple of hours later. It will truely be the end of an era at that point.
  3. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree. I'm still fairly spoil free, and plan on keeping that way until May. However, I still feel that no matter how good this film is, or how well it delivers, that some of those "prequel haters" out there still won't be convinced of its quality. It wouldn't matter if it won best picture, some out there will never be convinced. They keep trying to compare the old films to the new, which is ridiculous. That's like trying to compare chapter 1 of a novel with chapter 4, it doesn't make sense. It's all one big story!!!!
    But, either way, I also know that I'll love the film and be seeing it more than once, or even 10 times in theatres I'm sure.
  4. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    Man, oh, man!!! I hope they bring back Elvis!!
  5. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I read a shot by shot description of the next trailer and I'm a little surprised it is saying as much as it did. I'm officially considering myself unspoiled cause the spoilers I knew seem to be in that trailer. But I could be wrong and it's not like that at all. The next trailer is suppose to be about 2.5 minutes.
  6. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Revenge of the Sith Tickets at Fandango

Posted By Britany on April 11, 2005

Fandango reports:

'Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith' will be available to be booked by theatres after 4/20/2005. Tickets will go on sale on Fandango as soon as theatres program show times for this movie in their system.

Please check back on Fandango.com after 4/20/2005 to see when tickets go on sale. Click here and then enter in your zip code to find theatres scheduled to play the highly anticipated next release of Star Wars in your area. Rest assured that as soon as tickets are made available to the public, dates will be updated in our system and tickets may be purchased using our service

Thought you guys might like to know this...
  7. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks, I think it is lame to have the date be while people are traveling to C3, but I guess that's what the Internet is for. The American Family Entertainment Center in Rexburg has a different site than Fandango for online ticket sales. Russell will bring his laptop, so if tickets go on sale we can get them ordered from the hotel.
  8. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    It doesn't make sense...they did this last time with CII. You'd think since the date of the celebration was pushed back a week they'd sell them around the beginning of May...but no. They want to make us sweat. Of course, just find a computer with interenet at one of the hotels, I'm sure there will be, and order from there. Good think Russ is taking his labtop!
  9. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, I just read Kevin Smith's review of ROTS. He is freaking out about how great it is. From what I saw at C3 and what Kevin says it is making the next 21 days seem like eternity.
  10. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    Where'd you see Kev's review? View Askew.com? I'd like to read that.
  11. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just read Kev's review and... WOW!! This flick is going to be brutal. Brutal and super-cool (Lava notwithstanding).
  12. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I can't believe that I will be seeing Episode III on friday May 6th at Skywalker Ranch, this trip has really crept up on me. This morning (May 5th) at 1138 am, yes that is right, my flight is scheduled to leave at 1138 in the morning, I board a plane to fly to San Francisco. Is that a good omen for a Star Wars fan or what? LOL I have to be at Skywalker Ranch no later than 11am on Friday morning for a briefing regarding the days activities. I will be present for the taping of an MTV TRL show, then we will get to see ROTS at the Ranch, then stay for a Celebrity afterparty at the Ranch. I really don't know any details other than the X-Wing from Celebration III will be there, and a Chewbacca, things are still hush hush, and I really won't know what is going on until I am at the ranch on Friday and get my briefing. I sure hope we can take pictures. I will have my lightsaber in my rental car too, hopefully they will let me bring it into the theatre. I would feel naked not being able to wave my lightsaber around like a complete nerd before Episode III starts. LOL I just know that I will probably be one of the oldest people present at the MTV taping, but that I will also be the one acting like the biggest kid once the movie starts. I also know it is going to be torture to keep quiet about the movie for the next two weeks until the rest of the world can see it. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to share with you all upon my return.

I'll also post my review of the movie after I've seen it on the San Diego Fanforce board, actually two reviews of the movie.. one with no spoilers that you can all read, then another one with spoilers for those of you who don't care. Gah.. it is late.. I need to get some sleep... I'm looking forward to meeting you all next friday... Oh, I'll be in Idaho Falls from the 13th-15th to attend Melisa's baptism. :D
  13. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's awesome you get to go down Linda! Yeah, I was there last year, thanks Barry, and it was cool. I wish I could say I was seeing ROTS there, but unfortunately not.
    Yes, please give us a full review and tell us what you think. I'm anxious to see what you think.
    May the Force be with you and have a great time!
  14. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks Kasey! Did I tell you Idaho_Vorskogian (Sp?) and I flew back from C3 on the same plane as Timothy Zahn? Hehe... It was great to meet Idaho.

I found out more info about the Ranch trip today :D I was sooooo excited I called Erik while he was out working in the backyard. LOL

I just found out I am getting a VIP unrestricted pass to go anywhere on the Ranch. Apparently I am going to see quite a bit of it. There will be 50 VIPS there, of which I will be one, the others will be actors from the Star Wars movies, hollywood actors, and musical stars. I know the X-Wing from C3 will be there, and George Lucas himself. Here is the article from Star Wars.com that lists some of the other celebs at the ranch tomorrow.

Good Charlotte Plays TRL's Star Wars Special
    May 03, 2005

Celebrities and Good Charlotte are set to take over Skywalker Ranch for a special edition of MTV's "Total Request Live" (TRL) in celebration of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, which hits theaters worldwide on May 19.
    TRL's Star Wars special -- airing on May 13th at 5:00 p.m. (ET/PT) -- is hosted by MTV VJs Damien Fahey and La La Vasquez, and features a special performance by Good Charlotte, who are also passionate Star Wars fans.

"When we heard about this MTV Star Wars party at Skywalker Ranch, we had to be there," said Good Charlotte lead singer Joel Madden. "We are huge Star Wars fans and never thought we'd even get the chance to visit the Ranch, much less perform there in front of George Lucas. And we can't wait to finally see the movie -- this will be a big day for us and our fans."

The Waldorf, Maryland-based group, fronted by the Madden brothers Joel and Benji, have been on the charts with such hits as "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous," "Boys and Girls," and "Hold On."

In addition to an exclusive performance from Good Charlotte, MTV will bring viewers and Star Wars fans all the action and excitement from the party at Skywalker Ranch with plenty of surprises. Invited guests will get an advance screening of Revenge of the Sith and MTV will be there to get their reaction and feedback.

Some of the invited celebrity guests include: Elijah Wood (Lord of the Rings), Seth Green ("Family Guy," Italian Job), Danny Masterson ("That '70s Show"), Topher Grace ("That '70s Show"), Mila Kunis ("That '70s Show"), Josh Schwartz ("The O.C."), Peter Gallagher ("The O.C."), Michael Rosenbaum ("Smallville"), Donald Faison ("Scrubs"), Jonathan Tucker (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre ), Brendan Fehr (Final Destination), Macaulay Culkin (Saved), Orlando Jones (Runaway Jury , Office Space), Kevin Smith (Director and Silent Bob), Kathleen Robertson (Scary Movie 2) and more.

Viewers will also get a glimpse of the incredible and rarely seen sites of Skywalker Ranch as MTV takes them on a guided tour.

For more information on TRL, please visit the official site here.

Catch the latest Good Charlotte video "We Believe" on MTV.com here.To read more about Good Charlotte and their latest release The Chronicles of Life and Death, visit the band site and the record label site here.

15. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    You LUCKY!!!!!
    Unrestricted is like a gold mine down there!
    When I was there I went into two buildings. One was the gift shop for goodness sakes! Have a blast and give us the full report and pictures! Thanks again for your help with the ST armor. You'll be hearing from me again on that sometime in mid-summer. You might as well get started on it because I will for sure be ordering it. Thanks Linda!
  16. Jealously_Guarded Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes, for us lucky shmoes who got to get into the front gate without being arrested, two buildings was it. I thought that that was the best we could hope for at the time, but I guess not everyone can be a rockstar or Elijah Wood.

But I DID take a handful of dirt from Lucas's Driveway and it is safely tucked away on my shelf as we speak. HA! DIRT POWER!
  17. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well I uploaded my pics from Skywalker Ranch here:

http://public.fotki.com/MaraJade/skywalker_ranch_event/

Here is my report on my trip to the Ranch. I will try not to spoil you guys when I am in town on Friday:

My trip to Star Wars Mecca...

I arrived at Skywalker Ranch shortly after 11am friday morning and the gate was open. I drive through and stop at the guard gate about 100 yards up the road. The guard asks for my name, hands me a map of the Ranch, and directs me to the "Tech" building where I will meet up with the people who will provide me with my VIP pass and give me a briefing of the days events. I am overwhelmed at how large the ranch is. It is an actual working ranch with its own fire and police department... basically a mini city all to its own. I am introduced to Brian who is my tour guide/assistant/photographer for the day. Our first stop was the sound mixing room, and the screening room where John Williams worked on the Musical Score. We then walk through the tech building and are first taken out to the deck where the celebrity pre-party is taking place. They have a giant Yoda made out of Spanish Moss in the center of the deck, and on each table is either a spanish moss Vader or Yoda head. The deck overlooks a Vinyard, with Ewok Lake and the X-Wing down the road and to the right, and the Main house up the road and to the left. They have 10 stormtroopers from Golden Gate Garrison lining the steps as the celebrities arrive. Don Bies with R2-D2 is one of the first people who I run into and I talk to him for quite a bit, and get a picture taken with him. Then I run into Matt Wood (General Grievous) and I explain to him that I didn't get a chance to see him at C3 and that Grievous is my son's favorite character. So Matt Wood grabs my VIP badge and autographs it for my son, and poses for a picture with me. Then I talk to Steve Sansweet for quite a while and he tells me about the exclusive collectible poster for the event. (It is now in the trunk of my rental car and will be framed as soon as I get home.) He and Mary want me to be in an upcoming issue of Bantha Tracks about my trip to the Ranch. All the while celebs are arriving and geeking over R2-D2 and C3PO and the stormtroopers.

Brian informs me that Good Charlotte has taken the stage on the front lawn of the Main House and Steve Sansweet said he wanted to accompany us down there. Before going to see the TRL taping, Steve suggested we stop by the X-Wing first. The X-Wing was parked alongside Ewok lake and was the same X-wing that was at Comic Con last year. We took some pics of the X-wing and ourselves posing with the X-wing. After that, Steve and I get aboard the golf cart to go down to the main house. I see a stage set up in front of the main house. On stage with Good Charlotte is Chewbacca and a Vader, and stormtroopers lining both sides of the stage, and 100 screaming fans there for the TRL taping. Good Charlotte sang their "Star Wars" song which even Steve Sansweet enjoyed, and so did Chewbacca.. Chewie was jumping around on stage and "getting down"... as was Vader. LOL! I hope you will tape the MTV TRL show for me next friday, May 13th at 4:30pm. After the MTV TRL taping we went over to the main house and got our pictures taken there.

Then we went back to the pre-party back on the deck of the Tech building. Shortly thereafter George Lucas and his daughter Katie arrived. I got to meet George and get my picture taken with him. Michael Rosenbaum of Smallville comes out wearing a Skywalker Ranch bath robe and I take pics for him of him with the stormtroopers, him with George Lucas etc. He was VERY excited to be there, and loved my Graflex lightsaber. Then we stayed and chatted for a bit on the deck, before being taken inside to get seated for ROTS. I was seated near George and his daughters, with Donald Faison and his wife or GF, seated next to me. They were obviously big fans as well and I overheard Donald trying to get a role in the Star Wars TV show. George said the main part had already been cast but didn't say anything more about the
  18. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Damn Linda those are some great pictures. I almost cried lol. What i wouldn't have done to be able to be there and experence all of that. I was so excited to see GL at C3. That the high was there for a day, I know after i see episode 3 the high will be with me a long time. But for what you got to do see the movie with the maker and hang out like good ol buddies. That is the high for a lifetime.

but you are a great person and great things happen to great people.

Glad you got to go i can atleast say i know someone who got to do this.
    thanks for sharing your memories Linda.

19. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    OH....MY....GOD.....

YOU ARE SO F*$@ING LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU RULE!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, PICTURES WITH UNCLE GEORGE....

ONE QUESTION LINDA, DID YOU CRY DURING ROTS?
  20. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey Linda, I was wondering if you were planning on putting that book you posted on this thread so alls us illigitimate (uh, illiterate... whatever...) folks can enjoy the magic too...
  21. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    I meant putting it on tape. Damn, maybe I really am illiterate...
  22. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    At the risk of you all hating me more.. hehe.. I am off to the Hollywood Premiere of ROTS tomorrow... Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Samuel L., Billy Dee, Halle Berry and a ton of Hollywood Celebs will be there. The tickets are beautiful and from what I hear, I have pretty good seats. I want to laminate them after the event. I also have our coupons for the goody bags. The goody bags always have a ton of nice things in them, the one I got at the Ranch sure did. The screening is at the Mann Village Theatre in Westwood and starts at 7:30pm. Afterwards we head on over to the Hammer Museum for the after-party which will go on till early Friday morning. UGH. When I fly up to Idaho Falls early on Friday, it will be with little or no sleep at all... so you'll have to pardon me if I have Darth Maul bloodshot eyes, look like death warmed over, and fall asleep at your meeting. My apologies in advance.
  23. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    That's cool. Most of us fall asleep at the meetings, too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.