main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Revenge of the Sith(Comments)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Master_Xiania, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    No spoilers for now, I'm saying this in case anyone hasn't seen it yet. This is for you guys to post your opinions. I went with my buddies to the midnight showing in Tinseltown. I abosoulty loved ROTS! I thought it was excellent, very dark, very emotional, and yes very Star Wars. I think it is very fair to call it similiar in style to ESB, I think Lucas did a very great job on ROTS. It was high octane action (I love lighsaber battles!!, yet also had those scenes that ripped my heart into shreds. I thought it was great. What did you guys think?
    PS I loved seeing Chewie again ^^

2. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    No one post spoilers here.

A board-wide policy is in action right now. Outside of the 3SA, no one is allowed to talk about Star Wars until Monday!

That being said:
    ESB > ROTJ > ROTS > ANH > TPM > AOTC

3. gneiss_jedi

gneiss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    ROTJ>ESB>ROTS>ANH>TPM>AOTC

4. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    ESB > ROTS > ROTJ > ANH > AOTC > TPM

(Note right now Empire and Sith are more or less tied, so after more viewings of Sith the list could change)

5. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Technically, no OPEN discussions of ROTS are allowed outside of designated threads. If you have a SPOILER thread, you can discuss to your heart's content.

6. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Andrea....who was that Sandtrooper you had a picture taken with? Was he/she from New Mexico, Texas or Old Mexico?

7. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    I think he's from El Paso. He's a member of the 501st (along with his buddy who dresses as Jango), and his number was TD-8219... I think. He said he's not a member of an FFs.

8. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I think I saw the two of them at the 7 pm show on Thursday out at Tinseltown. Well let me pipe in the a list here.

ROTS-ESB-ANH-ROTJ-AOTC-TPM

But I too am close between Sith and Empire.

9. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Agree with you on that one, I do, NM_Mandalorian...

10. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Just so I don't do anything wrong, are we officially allowed to talk here about ROTS or not? I am anxious to talk in detail with all of you about the movie.

11. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Unless Jaina Byrd says so...

TheForce.net policy of spoilers is over.

12. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    R2 uses his rockets as a weapon!

13. gneiss_jedi

Mar 17, 2005
    My biggest disappointment was with Padme's role. The strong, determined queen/senator was shown as a wimpy, delicate little girl. I read the movie script and the scenes of her actually being the Padme we love were the ones deleted. Why not show those? They uphold her character. And why did she just lose the will to live? Two children to raise and democracy to protect seems more than enough to live for to me. I have more to share, but what do you have to say?

14. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    the person she loved most in the world tried to choke her to death? i don't know, would screw me up pretty bad... and she was probably to the point where she couldn't fight anymore?

oh, and i loved the parallel to her dying to anakin being made vader! totally awesome!

15. gneiss_jedi

Mar 17, 2005
    I can her being devastated, who wouldn't be, but to just give up on life? I thought her character was stronger than that.

16. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I agree that Padme was turned into a totally different character in this movie. She was a lot cooler when she fought for what she believed in. But the lack of character development that went into Padme defenitely went into Obi-Wan and Anakin. And really that is the way it should be to a certain extent. The story is about the final demise of Anakin and how that effects Obi-Wan who is his best friend and mentor. During the final duel, you really feel bad for Obi-Wan and see how different the dark side made Anakin.

17. Red_8

Red_8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    I really liked. It is my second favorite, ROTJ being first. My only critizism is that it was rushed. It didn't flow as smooth as all the other movies.

18. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Definately an awesome movie. ROTJ has been my all time favorite ever since I was a little kid. I thought ROTS would replace it but that didn't happen. ROTS is my second fave.

I was surprised with Padme in this one. I thought she was okay in the others but for some reason she shinned more. I guess mainly because nearly most of the scenes she was in were very emotional; which got to me on an emotional level.

Glad we got to see R2 have more action. Out of all the films, I especially loved R2 in this one.

Of coarse the Anakin scenes were amazing! [face_love] Much darker than I expected them to be which was a good thing.

19. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    :D I'm probably going to get bonked on the head for this but I really am one of the few to really, really love AOTC:-B . Yes, I know most other SW fans hated it, but I really still love it. Anyway, ROTS was really good. I really liked the way Yoda fought in this one, I was cheering for him when he sliced those clone troopers in half. I was happy to see Chewie here. I would say Padme wasn't all that bad, I would totally break down if the man I loved was suddendly killing Younglings and working for the evil Sith Lord. I'm just glad Lucas didn't go with her dying from the force choke! Mustafar was awesome! That battle blew me away, and Obi-Wan's lines chocked me up. "You were my brother Anakin!":_| Also, the scene were Padme dies I was bawling (I love Padme!) I think they should have showed her in the Senate more, but I adore the line "So this is how liberty dies, to thunderous applause!" I liked the battle with Mace Windu a lot. Oh hey I just give the entire movie a 10!!

20. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Okay I might have to bonk you on the head for liking AOTC so much. At least you didn't say PM. I agree that Mustafar and that whole fight was just awesome. But I didn't really see the point of Chewie other than just giving fans a thrill.

21. michaelbacca

michaelbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    You might just have to bonk me on the head for this but I think the movie was a disappointment. It was definitely great, one of the best, but it just wasn't what I expected. The bad dialogue was about what I expected and parts of the duels were great. The biggest disappointment was during one of the most anticipated parts of the movie, for me anyway. I was really really looking forward to the part where Windu and the three other Jedi faced Sidious. Sure he is the master of the Sith and has powers that mere Jedi connot fathom, but couldn't they have blocked his attack once? Kit Fisto was on the council and he lasted for about four seconds. The two other Jedi just stood there while Sidious cut them down. After that disappointment the rest of the battle was awesome when it was just Sidious against Windu.It just wasn't what I expected but still was extremely great. RotJ is favorite followed by ESB and TPM with ROTS coming in at forth for me.

22. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I am so with you on that fight. It sucks that none of the other Jedi really fought back at all.

23. -Jodo_Kast-

-Jodo_Kast- Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    That was probably the second worst let down for me seeing Kit Fisto choped in a four second battle, all the Jedi didnt put up much of a fight at least Ki-Adi Mundi put up some sort of fight.I mean c'mon there Jedi couldnt they sense it comming? And whats up with Plo Koon getting killed , if memory serves me right he shouldnt die till way later.

24. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    What happens to Plo Koon later? I must have missed whatever that was a part in.

25. gloomypadme

gloomypadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2002
    "the dark side clouds everything" Freakin' Lucas and his cop-outs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.