main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Revenge of the Sith(Comments)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Master_Xiania, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Got to see ROTS today. The first time seeing it, I thought the lightsaber battles were rushed since I wasn't able to follow them but seeing the movie a second time around, I was able to follow them and overall I enjoyed the movie. There is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing that I don't like in the movie. The entire film was just perfect.

I even enjoyed the love scenes (that some people found to be cheesy). If anything, me being the romantic sap that I am, I thoroughly enjoyed the romance scenes. There was something about the lines that was just "old fashioned" and I tend to be an even more sap when it comes to that old western/older romantic story lines. And in this case I thought GL did a terrific job by bringing back that old fashioned western romance to today's society.

I cry every time Anakin goes to the dark side. And I cry more when he get's burned. But regardless, I still stand by him: Afterall it's Hayden Christensen for cying out loud! [face_love]

2. Red_8

Red_8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    I agree with you. I just saw it for the 6th time yesterday.......[face_devil] I liked the love scenes. My favorite battle was the one with obi-wan and anakin. I love it when anakin gets all burned-up. Thats my favorite part.

3. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Red, don't make me pull that Padme card on you!

Anakin might've gotten burned but at least he didn't Die! Unlike Padme [face_skull] P.S. Doesn't she look beautiful in that lovely coffin of hers.:p

4. Red_8

Jul 31, 2004
  5. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Really? I never pictured you as the romantic type. But then again this is Star Wars, so anything goes right.

6. Red_8

Jul 31, 2004
    I am Human........ Most of the time........ Whenever I see two people like that, I feel happy for them. But I cant help feeling a bit depresed.

7. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Something that keeps bothering me: In ROTS there was no attempt to assasinate Padme? I'm a little confused since there were attempts on her life in TPM and AOTC. Did I miss something?

8. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Nope, no attempt to assassinate to Padme. That just goes to show you how unimportant she was in ROTS. Grr!

9. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    It just doesn't make any sense. I mean why use two episodes where attempts are made on her life and then use the third to pretend like nothing ever happened? Weird.

10. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    But see you have to realize those attempts were okayed by Palpatine in PT and AOTC. They were the bride to get the Trade Federation to join the Separatists. So at the start of ROTS the Federation is already set up with the Separatits and Palpatine does not need to persuade them any futher. He instead works on his other plans of turning Anakin.

11. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Okay that makes sense.

12. gneiss_jedi

gneiss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    I was going to argue the fact that Palpatine should have killed her while she was pregnant if he knew that Anikin's offspring were a threat. However, he needed her alive in order to convince Anikin that he had the power to save her from dying. Anikin's craving for this power is what caused him to turn. I assume that Palpatine knew that she would die in childbirth and he just assumed that the "kid" would die as well. However, this does NOT account for the lack of scenes showing the beginning of the rebellion in which Padme and other really cool senators played an important role. Padme was a key character in the other two episodes and in this one she was casually thrown away.

13. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hopefully, that scene with Padme & the senators will be on the DVD...I was looking forward to seeing the seeds of the Rebellion being planted :)

14. gneiss_jedi

Mar 17, 2005
    That's what I'm hoping for.

15. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    There is an article on TFN that said the first deleted scene for the dvd was released and it is the senators talking about what turns to be the beginnings of the Rebellion.

16. gneiss_jedi

Mar 17, 2005
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!

Now i just have to wait for the DVD. :(

17. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I'm anxious to see what other deleted scenes are on there. One of the things I'm really looking forward to [as well] is the commentary on how Anakin was the chosen one.

18. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    I agree with Brit, they really didn't do too much with Padme's character in ROTS. I mean in TPM and AOTC she is really active in the senate and very much invovled in the state of the Republic. I was wondering, where is that senator from Naboo we know so well? I doubt Padme would sit idly by while the former Republic is being transformed into an Evil Empire. Padme is a very independant woman, she goes after what she knows to be right. Anyway, the other thing that bothered me was "She lost the will to live." That does not seem right to me. I think she should have died from injuries sustained when Anakin force chocked her. I mean, would Padme give up so easily when she's got twins? Doesn't seem in her character.

19. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I too am looking forward to the feature on Anakin being the choosen one. That sounds like it will be awesome. The deleted scene that I hope they put on there are the two scenes of Shaak Ti dying that were taken out. I guess first they filmed her getting killed by Grevious on his flagship at the beginning, then again at the Jedi Temple by Anakin during the raid.

20. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I hope, as a deleted scene, they use the one where Yoda was disguised as an "ugly" baby in order to get into the temple. When I read that part I was lost, read it again and I was still lost, and then Red told me and I finally understood what was happening. After that, I finally got the gist of it [face_laugh]

21. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    I'm lost.

22. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    That makes two of us, Angie. Ronnie, you totally lost me with that comment. What deleated scene are you referring to?

23. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Well in the book (and I'm 99.9% certain that it was filmed) was that because the Jedi Temple was guarded by clones, Obi-wan and Yoda had to come up with a way to get inside the temple so Yoda was put into a disguise (as an ugly baby). Obi-wan held him and everything.

Later I'll try to get the page number since I have to get ready for school right now.

24. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I have heard about that. It is what takes place right beofre where the movie cuts into Obi and Yoda hacking up the clones outside the temple. I have also heard that the clones were going to be dressed as jedi to begin with. I don't know if these are supposed to be two different parts or all in the same scene though.

25. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    That reminds me, in the Lego Star Wars game, as you're entering the Jedi Temple, you have to attack a few Clonetroopers dressed as Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.