main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Revenge of the Sith Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Per FanForce and TFN rules, spoilers are still spoilers up to about a week after the release - to keep the forums spoiler free until nearly everyone in the world has had a chance to watch the film.

Keep Episode III discussions in here for the time being...

2. Outpour

Outpour Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    heya this is me and nate. Just got to our hotel. unfortunetly we couldn't go to IHOP as we have people that n eed to get back early.

This is nate now, mainly because KC is speechless....as am I, I will admit I cried about four times during the film, laughed alot, and was ever shocked. This is now my favorite star wars movie, that's about all I can say right now. Here's KC again.

Inital reactions about the movie:
    Woah. We have to see it again tomorrow to catch all the little details i'm sure we missed. Some gripes: the insoncistent droid voices, Super-R2 (not bad. it was funny but seemed a bit out of place). Obviously it moved really face between scenes as over a year was covered in the film.

Where was Mon Mothma? I noticed there was the action figure at walmart but I missed her presence in the film. Deleted Scene?

What was with the Qui Gon bit? Before Qui Gon figured that out in this film Jedi that became one with the force could not "return" and communicate?

The evolution of the ships throughout the movie was interesting. Nate points out the only two "imperial armor" that appeared in four out of the six movies is Vader and Royal Guard(s).

Sweet. Too bad there was no RG action.

More thoughts tomorrow after second viewing, when it is not so emotional.

3. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    Just wow!...... I'm just .... wow.... Can't talk about it now ... just wow

4. WomackD

WomackD Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2003
    Easily the best of the Prequels, still not quite on par with the Original Trilogy but close.

I guess Lucas will be editing out the lines that Leia gave about remembering her mother once the entire Saga is released to DVD..

I'm glad Mace didn't go out "like a punk" but Aayla Secura sure did! Where was Shaak Ti? She gets a figure and a 12in doll, but no movie love? Maybe she will be a prime character in the TV series.

I think we can look forward to a R2D2 Unleashed figure now! Yay!

5. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    I thought the movie was incredible. It was freakin' awesome.

In case you guys are wondering who I am, I live in Albuquerque, but I'm too young to join the fan force.

I went to the 12:15 showing. It was nice to celebrate it with people to whom it means as much as me.

6. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    My new favorite Star Wars movie! From start to finish, simply the best movie I have seen in a while.

7. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    Well, first off I will concede to getting a bit misty eyed as the Star Wars logo hit the screen and the Ep 3 text started up. For me, I was there at the show back in '77 for the beginning, and here I was sitting in the show for the end (or is it....).

A rather memory laden full circle moment overall.

But as far as the movie went, here's my quarter's worth:

The film wasn't up to the standards of the OT in my opinion, but it was easily the best of the prequels without a doubt.

I've been very candid with stating my dislike for Hayden due to his performance in AOTC, but here, whether it's from him growing as a person or maturing as an actor, he did a vastly better job this go around.

Hell, each of the actors did very well, except for Portman. I'm sorry but going from what we saw of Padme in TPM I just can't reconcile the woman we saw here who just gave up the will to live like that. It almost came across as a cheap way for her to die just to fit the prequels to the OT.

I definitely have to give Ewan a major thumbs up for managing the mannerisms of Sir Alec's so plausibly. The performance he put in here just screams out how underused he was in TPM.

And as I said at the table at IHOP, it's a shame they didn't fit in Liam Neeson doing a force ghost or at least a voice over to tie in the latest addition to Jedi powers with speaking from the hereafter.

I also wish they showed more wookies, but then we probably should be thankful that we finally got to see more of them and not the generic replacement Ewoks.

The lightsabre battles were par excellance, and it was great to see them finally show Yoda not looking like a muppet being swung around the room, and I thought the juxtaposing of the birth of the twins with the final transformation of Anakin into the Vader we've come to know and love a very nice touch. And that brings me to my final point:

I do have to raise an eyebrow at Anakin's last moments before the Emporer hauls him off. Maybe it's because of all the horror films I sit through, but I was expecting a better 'crisping' concidering he was on fire from lava. Even some smouldering or sizzling would've been helpful, and as much as the Jedi endurance is rumoured at, he still should've been in some form of deep shock and unable to move like he was.

So, with all this said, I definitely do want to go see this again, hopefully with less obnoxious drunks sitting around to really lose myself in the film.

8. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I thought it was incredible. Easily the best of the prequels, and in my opinion it makes up for anything that I didn't like in previous movies. I got chills so many times I stopped counting. Man I can't wait to see it again.

9. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Wow, the best of the Prequels!

Obi-wan was great, and pretty funny at times, but that made me miss the fact that there is no Han Solo type character in the Prequels to make space more fun. Just some type of cocky pirate guy.

Many things were great, I liked Palpatine's Sith head, LOVED seeing Vader be built! Wish we could have seen young Fett starting his career, or at least a shot of what he was doing. I liked young Moff Tarkin.
    Wish we could have seen Yoda arrive on Dagobah, and seen Qui-gon, and Mon-Mothma, etc. Are they saving these things up for the upcoming live action TV show or cartoon? Threepio didn't have much to do, but I'm glad they wiped hie memory. But not R2s?

I was disappointed the Jedi were dispatched so easily, and quickly, and by mere blasters. I always had the image of Vader hunting down and killing each himself (and in armor), as Obi-wan told Luke. They could have each lived and died by the sword...

I liked Super R2, but for some reason the little goofy sound effects they added in spots kinda bugged me, like when he said "Uh-oh!" or the Wookiee did the Tarzan yell. Just kind of silly.

I hoped Obi-wan would have finished Grevious with the saber, not a blaster. Or maybe force-pull his exposed innards out or something.... and it would have been cool to see Greivous fight with his feet.

And yeah, Vampi, why did Padme have to wimp out and give up the will to live? She had two children to live for, why just give up?

I think Anakin turned too easily. I had imagined more of an anguished emotional struggle from him as he chooses his path. Maybe more pressure as Mace and Palp both try to convince him, and more confusion about what to do after Mace gets maced.

I'll think of more after I see it again...

But, it was great to be there with the best Fan Force in the land!
    It's great to be in a group where the guy most ready to kick some ass is also the one with the biggest heart and the most generous person I have ever met!
    This group really helps each other out, like everyone rallying to help Colleen with her armor, or help each other find that scarce figure!
    Sure, we have our little internal arguments, but any little annoyances are nothing compared to an ASS Teacher with an attitude and a misplaced sense of justice (for those who weren't at the scene, we can fill you in).

10. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    Well said Ken. Our enforcer of the group is awesome. I do agree with the fact that some of the sound effects were a little on the silly side, and I was wondering where Mon Mothma was. The jedi did seem to go down pretty easily, especially in the temple. I really thought that seeing Tarkin was cool, and seeing the early stages of the Death Star was just one last piece to bring everything full circle. I also wish Jar Jar would have been given a much larger role. He needed some lines. It's not enough just to see him. I need to hear the Jar Jar.

11. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Best of the prequels by far. Even knowing what was going to happen, I was shocked throughout the film. I was a little dissapointed in the Jedi deaths. I thought it would be more of a battle.

I need to see it again and see what I missed.

12. Salvan

Salvan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    I know I will be in the miniority but I stood in line for a long time and was satisfied that I saw the BEST SW film. DOnt get me wrong the OT as a whole is completly better than the PT but I LOVED this film. I wanted to cry several times but held it in. Also the battles were pure fun to watch and the acting was superior to the other two PTs. I also think that the way the Jedi went out was a nice touch and I think there is are quite a few Jedi that got the warning message not to come home so that leaves some Jedi out there to HUNT down and kill. We just got a taste of the betrayal in this film and it was great.

13. TheResidentEvil

TheResidentEvil Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2005
    This movie was very well done. I only have 2 gripes

"NOOOOOOO" - What was lucas thinking? This quote alone ruined the entire vader scene. You get to see vader for 5 mins in costume and he screams like a pansy for some of it. NOT COOL.

My other gripe is that grievious gets killed off so easily. I mean, i thought he was gonna be really cool and own some jedi but that wasnt the case at all. They killed him off much too early.

Where was Shaak Ti? Gets a 12 inch but doesnt exist for more than a split second on the screen. Lucas shouldnt have cut anything from this movie. If i could sit through 3 and a half hours of LOTR then i can easily sit through 3 hours of Star Wars.

Overall, very good film. Couldve been much better.

14. Outpour

Outpour Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    Mothma also got a figure but was not onscene. She even had a real actor. I'm guessing deleted scenes

15. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I'm confused! I loved it, but i hate it for being the end, I need a hug! :(

16. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I forgot about the Vader "NOOOOOO" scene. Had to admit it made me giggle a little.

17. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    It's like the luck screen in Empire that they added to the special edition. Hopefully it will get removed that as well on the DVD some day.

18. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    They had to get rid of Dooku early so Palpatine could start working on Anakin. At IHOP we were laughing at Vader doing his Frankenstein impression. "Fire BAAAD!"

19. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    The group comes out in this news segment video for about 10 seconds.

http://www.krqe.com/video/expanded.asp?ID=2324

20. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    And an Interview with Bob made it into the Tribune

http://www.abqtrib.com/albq/fe_movies/article/0,2564,ALBQ_19845_3787276,00.html

21. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    i am so emotionally drained..i cried several times--after seeing it at midnight i was overwhelmed, and i thought seeing it at 12:30 today would be less overwhelming but it wasn't, and i still cried. i got chills, a broken heart, and my soul is bruised and acheing.

i completely adored this film, i knew i would, but it had a seriously profound impact on me, palpatine's influence on anakin, seeing the jedi taken out-- and the younglings -heart wrenching--- anakin's torment, love is so dangerous, he is good, his tears, obi wan's tears, and just the passion of it all.

i loved the opening sequences they really established a bond, that we hadn't seen much of before.
    the battles were amazing- those moves were brilliant.

i agree my least favorite part was vader's "no..." i think it took away a bit from the scene.

some things were tied up but there is so much that i still want to see and hear about, hopefully it will be covered eventually.

i need to see it again,right now, actually i want to live at the theatre this weekend.

22. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Good stuff.

23. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    BEST.MOVIE.EVER!

I can't say anything but WOW....simply and amazingly wow! Hayden was wonderful...EVERYTHING was wonderful!! I laughed and I cried (a lot!) I really hope to do this again with you all!! I love you guys and thanks for making my Star Wars experience one that is so incredibly fun!!

I want to thank Peter and Sue for taking me back to the theater to get my wallet. I may be a handful for you all at times but thank you all for all that you have done with me and for me over the past few years!!

24. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    After seeing it the second time it seems to leave some areas open (Maybe 3.5!!!) but the best of the prequels by far. Like others laughed and cried (manly cry) during the movie (Seeing my legs get cut off :_|

But great movie.

25. CKYJON

CKYJON Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2003
    I thought it was excellent, like everyone else has said, its easily the best of the prequels. I'm gonna give it some time to process before I give it an overall sextet ranking. The acting improved leaps and bounds since AOTC, I think Hayden did a great job and Ewen has always been great. The human emotion portrayed by Anakin in ROTS is something I haven't seen in any of the Star Wars movies and really gave ROTS a dimension that none of the other movies had. The lines ending the duel on Mustafar were probably some of the best and most emotional lines in the entire series. Overall I thought it was excellent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.