Abq Revenge of the Sith Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. WomackD Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow, some of you like to argue just for the sake of arguing.. As well as read into things that were not said.
  2. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    Well said. My son is seven and he and all of his friend, and cousins are all really into Star Wars. It is a timeless story that kids of all ages are following. As far as the new movie goes I will admit I was getting a little misty eyed the second time I watched it. Especially when all of the Jedi were being killed. You think of these Jedi as being untouchable, but no matter how good they are they can't stop that many clones who suddenly turn against them. It was such a betrayal, really heartbreaking.
  3. Salvan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anybody else love the scene when GL son jumps out between the Clones and Bail Organa and just takes those clones out? I was sad he finally got shot but man that was a cool scene. Also really liked the Yoda and Obi fight Vs the clones at the temple. Did you notice Yoda threw his saber into the chest of a clone and then climbs up, pulls it out and takes some more clones out. I just love those two scenes. I can wait to see the movie again:)
  4. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    I saw it again last night ... I think it just gets better with another viewing. (and sleep!)

I found Anakin's turn very believable as well. All his life he was told that he's the Chosen One and was destined for something greater -now he has the chance to save his wife and child. If you felt that you had absolutely had the ability to do that you would...even though it meant dooming yourself to hell. It's not that Anakin doesn't do these things without regret - he's suffering (rightly so) because of his actions, but he was willing to accept the consequences. The scene that got to me last night was when he's standing on Mustafar looking into the lava, knowing that he's doing everything he can to save his family, but tears of regret are on his face. Absolutely heartwrenching. Lucas (and Hayden) nailed it, in my opinion.

5. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have to agree with BrotherHalo and Wook on Anakin's path to the dark side. Palpatine has been manipulating him since he arrived on Coruscant, and this whole thing with the story of Darth Plagius(spelling) also puts more perspective in the whole sequence of events. My feeling is that Plagius knew that he wouldn't last forever, and possibly even knew that Sidious would end up killing him, but if he did have the ability to create life from the midichlorians then he created Anakin to eventually defeat Sidious and bring back the Sith to rule the galaxy. The monkey wrench in his plans was of course Padme. I feel her goodness was the one thing that changed everything the two Sith lords had hoped to accomplish. The prophecy did indeed come true, but it was Luke who ended up bringing balance to the Force.
  6. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    question about Paplys deformation... I brought this up to Aaron after the movie.

Did Palpy become deformed because of A - he is incredibly old and with putting that much energy behind his attack on Mace he could not hold his disguise or B - he delved so deep into the darkside to screw him up big time
  7. KidPlagueis Jedi Padawan

AHHHHHH finally am back!...this is Nate, I had problems with my other account and it took forever to finally get it working again.

to answer your question, I personally thought it was him draining himself and delving deep into the darkside. You see parts of his face in episode I and II in the cloak as Sideous that look normal. I'd just like to point out, that my friend saw the Millenium Falcon the second time he watched it, it's next to the Slave I I believe. When Anakin and Obi-wan are coming in for a landing sometime. I wasn't clear on when it was, but was wondering if his story checks out, or if any of you guys noticed it...
  8. skirge5 Jedi Knight

I think Palpatine did it to himself actualy. His Force lightening seemed to be hitting him as well, and i think he was trying to damage himself, to bring Anakin to freak out and make a move on Mace.
  9. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah... I wasn't sure on that... I loved that when Anakin did pull his saber on Mace his words were - I need him alive!
  10. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    You know.....it gets me everytime....I get teary eyed everytime Yoda leaves Kashyyk! :(
  11. SithLordAaron Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, I just read this in my new and LAST Insider. It says that Palpatine looks deformed all the time.

Sidious actually allowed Palpatine to come out, not the other way around, which works in reverse to what audiences are used to seeing.

"You think about Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde-Jekyll was the good doctor who went out at night and transformed into a terrible decadent, Hyde, who was buried down inside. In Episode III, it's more like Hyde in the guise of Jekyll throughout the film. And although the face is hideous, he doesn't care-Hideous Sideous, they go together." Ian McDiarmid

By the way, the whole Anakin turning to the Darkside debate has finally got to me. He didn't turn quickly. At the beginning of the movie, Padme was barely showing. That means she just recently found out she was pregnant. At the end of the movie she had the twins. The time frame of the movie is about 8 months time, not a little over two hours.
  12. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    true enough...

and thank you for letting me know that Aaron, I don't get the insider so I would of missed that completely.
  13. SithLordAaron Jedi Knight

star 3
  14. freezerwookie Jedi Padawan

Obeythefist-nope, never watched the cartoon series, don't plan to either. Star Wars, Star Trek, and hell, even Clerks, began to saturate the very meaning of its origins by branching off and dilute the need for its own existence, instead of staying to the true imagination. Its like giving me concept word for word from a book, and not allowing my own mind to fill in a few blanks of its own. I'm not degradeing its existence, I just don't think its needed. Like do we really need both a Lemon AND a like Coke and Pepsi? Choices are one thing, but to slip from its originality....

However, these are some of the cute niches Lucas included in ROTS, that slight nod to the comic book fans, the ending scenes in the original ship, the long gaze at the sunset of Tatooine by Ben and baby Luke, its an omage to the fact that now almost 30 years later, we still think about those scenes and pays tribute to them. This is why weare so critical of the intricet little details that everyone here is discussing.

And allow me to be the heratic of the board, but if Lucas does not want to continue the saga, perhaps he should allow someone elses imagination to, like say a Kevin Smith, continue it. Or maybe I just need to let Star Wars stand for what it is. I'd love every one elses opinion.
  15. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    too bad... because the Clone Wars cartoons really enhance the storyline. It was brought about to give us the clone wars since it couldn't be fit into the film. BUt I respect your choice to not watch it but I still think you are missing out. I thought the same way until I saw one of the episodes and I almost peed my pants in seeing Mace Windu fight.
  16. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    ha ha That's the episode that got me hooked. When he was jumping and running around cutting all the droids apart. That was awesome.
  17. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    Right now I'm watching A New Hope for the first time after seeing ROTS, and although I've seen it hundreds of times it's like I'm watching it for the first time. I've always known who Vader was, but now after I've seen the transformation it is more personal. It puts more of a face behind the helmet, and with every horrible thing he does you see Anakin as the one doing it. I never thought I'd say this, but I like the movies even more now than ever before.
  18. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    Matt, we did the same thing! It does lend a new appreciation! Especially with Obi-wan....
  19. KidPlagueis Jedi Padawan

Wow, it really is a different experience watching the OT now. I think that's why I'd have to say EP3 is my new favorite movie. It enhances the rest of the films, making them a new experience to watch and enjoy. Vader really is a different person, as well as Obi-wan....I really am interested in the stuff inbetween 3 and 4 now. Did they say what the tv series is going to be able yet? I think it'd be cool to have it set inbetween 3 and 4. :)
  20. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Woohoo! 3 times and counting!!!

Get to see it digital tomorrow in CA!!!
    [face_dancing]
  21. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Let us know what the differences between the celluloid and digital prints are!
  22. Redgek Jedi Knight

star 3
    ROTS was even better the second time. I barely noticed the stuff that bothered me on opening night. Even Vader's picnic table scene was better this time.
  23. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    I know what you mean, redjek I was able to do the same thing
  24. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    ahhhh the OT is so much more powerful and has more meaning now!
  25. overlord1138 Jedi Knight

I agree about the OT having more mean. I had to watch ANH agaib after watching ROTS. It gives me a new perspective into Obi-Wan, and helps me see R2 in a new way now that I know only C-3PO's memory was wiped.

I've seen ROTS twice. I plan on seeing it two more times this week (I can't refuse when people ask me to see it with them!)

Problems I had....

1. I thought the Grevious' fight with Obi-Wan was too short. And you didn't get to see what a bad ass Grevious was like in the cartoon.

2. Not enough screen time for the Wookie Battle.

3. The scene where Qui-Gon talks with Yoda was cut out!! And if Obi-Wan and Yoda learned how to become one with the force from Qui-Gon, why is Anakin's spirt at the end of ROTJ?

I haven't had a chance to read the novel yet. I did read "THE Makings of Revenge of the Sith" and have been listen to the soundtrack and watching the dvd with the music videos.

New Burger King toys tomorrow!!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.