main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Revenge of the Sith Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Second time was great.

2. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    I still have only seen it the one time. Nic doesn't want to see it because I told him Anakin turns bad. The wife could care less if she sees it or not.

3. jedibb123

jedibb123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2003
    Saw it again today and it was better the second time.

4. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Still have only watched it once. Plan on seeing it again next weekend after I read the novel (unless I finish it up this week and convince Julie to go in the evening)...

5. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    So far I've seen it 4 times.. And its still just as good every time. Though most of the excitement burnt off at the Midnight showing.

6. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I just need to see it where I am excited and not half asleep. The 2nd time I had a hard time staying awake for some of teh slower parts. Damn the 2 hours sleep!

7. obi-chris-kenobi

obi-chris-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    I just saw it for the first time tonight. What a great movie. I thought Anakin's turn to the dark side was pretty good. I don't think he went too easily, it was the only way he thought he could help Padme.
    What was up with the other three jedis who just stood around and got them selves killed? The fight with Anakin and Obi-Wan was awesome. By far the best of the PT.

8. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I saw it for the third time last night with Obi-Chris. It just keeps getting better and better.

9. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Yeah, Agen Kolar and Saesee Tinn went out like punks!

At least Kit Fisto gave him a whole ... 4-5 ? seconds before he got skewered.

Either Lucas was trying to show what a bad a$$ Palpatine was, or ... I dunno. Kit Fisto should've lasted longer than that. I thought it would've been cool to see 4 Jedi against Palpy, though...

10. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    according to what I read - only a few jedis have ever gone up against a sith and lived (that are alive at this point). Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda.

11. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Lor or Bob....any chance of getting that segment from the news broadcast posted on the website....or even put on CD?

http://www.krqe.com/video/expanded.asp?ID=2324

12. FlirtationOfficer

FlirtationOfficer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2005
    I saw it the second time from a different perspective. I watched Anakin carefully. It did help.

13. KidPlagueis

KidPlagueis Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    LOL I find myself sitting in my room bored on sunday. I sit down and decide to watch EP2....well it starts and I realize..."I can't do this!" I jump in my van and drive to Allen 8, the local theatre, I have a feeling I'll be stuck there for awhile watching the movie over...and over...and over again. This week I'm rather busy with different obligations and have to keep myself away from watching it, but I just can't help it. :p It's that time again! The time when I need to setup a separate account for my EP3 outings....

14. obi-chris-kenobi

Apr 24, 2005
    I told my wife she had to see this movie. She isn't as into Star Wars as I am, she hasn't even seen AOTC, So I made her watch it tonight.

15. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    To quote Vader fom EPIII and Chainsaw from Summer School..."Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Tension breaker, had to be done". For the most part the movie rocked. I didn't like that Obi-Wan lizzard screech sound, very annoying. And about all Jedi excluding Yoda and Obi-Wan...they all took one for the team. Some also had splitting headaches-no pun intended. LOL.

16. KidPlagueis

KidPlagueis Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    LOL...what you didn't like the lizard thingy? :p hehe It sounded like something outta the old Maro Bros. video games...walllloooolloooolololo!! :)

17. obi-chris-kenobi

Apr 24, 2005
    I'm not a big fan of the lizard thing either. I guess it was alright, but the yelping had to go. The "Noooooooo" at the end really didn't bother me. I think he was still more Anakin than Darth at the time.

18. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    I agree with Bob. Way to go Agen Kolar and Saesee Tinn. Both went down screaming like little girls. The little kid Jedi took out the Clone Troopers then took a blaster to the chest without so much as a whimper, gotta respect that. I thought the lizard sounded cool but it was waaay over used. At a point it's like someone shut that thing up.

19. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    That lizard was more annoying than Jar Jar!

20. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    You haven't heard nothing from Boga! Boga's got NOTHING on Jonathan. For the following two days after we saw it, that's all Jonathan did. Run around the house imitating that annoying screech. Like Peter, it was pretty interesting the first few times, but then started to get a bit irritating.

And yeah. Zett Jucassa taking out the Clonetroopers. Pretty gutsy for a Padawan. Kid was doing awesome!

21. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Meesa liken Boga. Meesa taken Boga over da Gungan frogpeeple anytimes. Okeyday?

22. Salvan

Salvan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    Im with ya Regek...I cant stand Gungans...wipe them out ALL OF THEM!!!

23. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    "For the following two days after we saw it, that's all Jonathan did. Run around the house imitating that annoying screech"

[face_laugh] !!!
    Kids are awesome.

24. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    Kids are crazy. Boga was one of my sons favorite things in the movie. Luckily he liked the Emperor the best, and all my daughter cared about is when she would get to see the babys. I'm still hoping there will be some deleted Jar Jar scenes.

25. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    I want to go see this movie again so bad! I'm hoping to go sometime this weekend, since I'm off for 3 days.
    Depending on how tired my hubby is this weekend, I am hoping I can convince him to go see it.

I have gone back also and re-watched the OT and you really do see it in a different light after seeing ROTS. I still love and will always love the scene in ROTJ when Vader realizes he also has a daughter and Luke goes berserk, the music, the lightsaber duel, when Luke almost falls to the dark-side. Luke was right about the Emperor being over confident, because if hadn't walked down the stairs and started gloating, Luke may have taken that path. The novelizaton brings out a lot more in the whole scene with the 3 of them in the throne room and for a minute Luke does taste the power of the dark side and comes very close to joining them both.

And, I think I need to correct myself in an earlier post. The more I have thought about it, maybe Anakin did bring balance to the force, as at the end of ROTS, there are 2 jedi and 2 sith, but I still think Luke brought balance as well, just in a different way, which I'm still trying to work out in my head. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.