main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Revenge of the Sith Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I too watched the OT after ROTS and saw Vader in a new lighht. I never really gave Luke much credit for his skills and he drove me nuts with all his whining. Now, I think he is a much stronger character and although breifly tempted by the darkside, he was able to resist the emperor and bring balance to the force.
    I really need to see ROTS again. We are going Saturday night on sometime on Monday.

2. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I now can sit at home and enjoy the entire trilogy as a whole. I only wish the lightsaber battles in the OTC were as good as in the prequels.

3. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    Vader brought balance by making the Sith & Jedi equal in numbers... and then thru & with Luke gave rebirth to the force because now, there was only one jedi - who had been tempted, tasted and resisted the dark side. Someone who could lead the force into a rebirth of sorts by starting all over again. And without Vader throwing the emporer to his death (cause Luke would not of had the power to do it) it would never of happened, the emporer dying and so on.

4. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    <<Vader brought balance by making the Sith & Jedi equal in numbers... and then thru & with Luke gave rebirth to the force because now, there was only one jedi - who had been tempted, tasted and resisted the dark side. Someone who could lead the force into a rebirth of sorts by starting all over again. And without Vader throwing the emporer to his death (cause Luke would not of had the power to do it) it would never of happened, the emporer dying and so on >>

Good point Obey! Makes perfect sense to me.

<<I too watched the OT after ROTS and saw Vader in a new lighht. I never really gave Luke much credit for his skills and he drove me nuts with all his whining. Now, I think he is a much stronger character and although breifly tempted by the darkside, he was able to resist the emperor and bring balance to the force.
    I really need to see ROTS again. We are going Saturday night on sometime on Monday. >>

I always saw Luke stronger by the end of ROTJ, he managed to pull off resisting the emperor, something his father couldn't, not that his father was weak, but his love for Padme blinded him to how powerful the dark side could be.

5. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    <<I always saw Luke stronger by the end of ROTJ, he managed to pull off resisting the emperor, something his father couldn't, not that his father was weak, but his love for Padme blinded him to how powerful the dark side could be.>>

Good Point. I think that Anakins love for Padme made him weak, but Lukes love for his friends (and sister) was his strength. I apreciate Luke's plan to get Han more now considering how relatively half assed his training was. As a whole, I think Luke is the stronger Jedi of the two.

6. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Sure, but which one has the higher midichlorian count? :-B

7. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    Ah?Touché!

8. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    anakin's love for padme did not make him weak and more susptible to the emporer - remember the emporer had been working on him for most of his life. He actually made himself as important in guidance as Obi-Wan.

A jedi should never have a mentor outside the order but Paplatine was constantly guiding him to do the opposite of what Obi-Wan trained him to do.

Padme was Anakin's achilles heel. She was a weakness but she did not make him weak. part of the main problem was that I don't think they worked hard enough of making him purge his emotions. When Luke started studing he had no family at all left. Owen & Beru were dead. When Anakin started his mother was still alive.

Anakin weakness was that he was not secure in himself and who he wanted to be. He wanted power and strength and he kepted being told that the Jedi were hiding things from him.

Another point of his downfall in my mind was Mace Windu. Mace outright told him many times he was not good enough. BUt then again, in a way he was right. Anakin was too close to Palpatine. Who was trying to rule over the jedi' with the decision of putting him on the council and making him a master. No one but the COuncil makes the desicion on who becomes a jedi master.

Luke ws more powerful because he had a calmness that Anakin did not. He could control his emotions by ROTJ. He knew his friends, he listened to his friends also. He could think of more then just loosing someone he loved.

9. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Well said Varza!

10. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    thanks!

i spend way too much thinking about the movies... i don't costume much, i don't collect much, I can't remember all the names of everything, i watch and study the movies, read the books and think about them all the time... then bug my harry potter friends by comparing the two movies... lol!

11. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    Well said. The view on Padme as Anakin's Achillie's heel is dead on.

12. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    anyone else think it was cool that they paralleled Padmes death to Anakin trasmformation? That her last breath came right at the same time we hear that beloved breathing the 1st time? I keep thinking about that scene and how poinat it was

13. obi-chris-kenobi

obi-chris-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    I thought that scene was really good too. The whole end to the movie was good. I left feeling bad for Obi-Wan, even more so than I did for Padme. Padme may have died, but Obi-wan had to live the rest of life knowing his best friend and become evil.

14. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Great analysis Obey! I'd have to say you nailed it right on.
    I also thought that the scene with Padme taking her last breath and Vader taking his first was wicked.

Does anyone here think that Palpatine was the one who impregnated Shmi, since he learned how to create life from his former master?
    And, I also believe that Palpatine somehow got the Sand people to kidnap Shmi, as he knew that Anakin would pick up on her suffering and attempt to rescue her, but to no avail, thus manipulating Anakin further down the dark path.

15. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I am going to have to look at that again. I have only seen in once on opening night, but my husband and I are going Saturday night and again on Monday. I have tons to look for.

I do think that Palpatine/Emporor/Sidius impregnated Shmi. It was an interesting plot point.

I don't really costume or collect either, but watch the movies at least once a month and read the books once a year. I am a Harry Potter fan though...

16. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Regarding the Sidious/Shmi thing:

It was interesting that Palpy used the words "create life" when talking about his Mentor's powers instead of "save lives" or "bring people back to life." I took it as a hint and a half that he most certainly had something to do with Anakin's conception.

17. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    karenec1 - YEAH!!! Another Potter fan! We've got a few here. I'm actually trying to put together a quidditch costume. It'll probably be one of the professional teams, rather than a house team.

We do have a potter discussion thread around here somewhere...

18. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    Sweet! Not too many Star Wars/Harry Potter fans running around it seems. I am going to make it out to the Library Day to meet all of you. However, I will also be there doing research for a paper I have in one of my classes. Killing two birds with one stone...

19. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I try not to think about tthe palpy inpregnating Shmi because it takes something away from the mystery for me. It will be something that probably won't get answered for a very long time.

But I do believe he arranged Shmi's kidnapping. But then again, maybe not. But maybe... it wouldn't be surprising at all for that to happen.

I think if he did impregnate someone he would of made sure that they were found even earlier on. I mean he could he of known that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would find him or anyone would find him?

You would think he would make sure that the child could be found - or just had a thought, made sure the child couldn't be found and trained as a jedi from childhood because he would go get him when he was ready to start training him! oh!!!

Harry potter - I like harry potter!

20. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    The origins of Anakin are definately interesting. While Palpatine did allude to it, there are too many holes as you mentioned to be 100% for me. It sure is fun to speculate, though.

21. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    true it is... but gives me a headache. I was speculating last night and didn't get to sleep until 3am. oy vey!

22. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    Tell me about it. Husband and I were up watching ROTJ last night and having a drinkig game...any plot hole needed a drink...Damn teachers, just because HE didn't have to go to work today...

23. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    A game I play is I have to chug a beer every time a jedi takes his cloak off to fight. You get pretty tipsy. Obi wan does it alot in Episode III.

24. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    man, i wanna go to the theater you are going to!

Yeah, I thought that was interesting, I guess the fights look better without the cloaks or only true masters like Mace and Yoda and Kit can fight with their cloaks on.

25. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    The other one we use is you chug a beer or take a shot if someone says "I have a bad feeling about this" or when Obi-Wan Kenobi plays detective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.