main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge of the Sith Graphic Novel Hardcover Edition

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Starwars.com updated with an online exclusive: a hardcover edition of the ROTS graphic novel. Besides an exclusive piece of cover art...

[image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/publishing/img/20050217_1_bg.jpg]

...there's also a limited edition version signed by that artist, Warren Fu.

Ships April 2nd.

And now let the obligatory Excellence hardcover rant begin... ;)

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Wow, I like that cover a lot more than the normal TPB cover I have been seeing for weeks now.

3. Micheal_Jaxxon

Micheal_Jaxxon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2005
    24.99, not as bad as I expected.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    yeah, and thats for the signed copy- great deal. (unsigned is 19.99).

My only regret is it won't fit in with all the other TPB's in my collection, so I'll probably have to grab a copy of the regular edition down the road just to maintain uniformity on my shelf.

5. Micheal_Jaxxon

Micheal_Jaxxon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2005
    Yeah, me too.

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I had like the slickest come back to that, 2ndQuest, but contrary to dp4mism insistence it'd have scored a critical stike and a hasty black-and-gold hilighting for what is a serious but awesome breach of venal vulgarity of comic proportions [face_talk_hand]

I've never scorned a comic book hardcover, just the so-called "adult" novels. And especially the ones labelled "young adult", because lets face it, young adult is just a, the way photostat officer is a photocopy boy. Comics are art in a way, and have become hot items for collections. I do however puzzle how a limited edition Dark Empire gold embossed hardcover can sell for US$100 . . . but hey, it's a curio disease and I respect that.

And . . . and just for the holocord, my comic shelf is in total disarray of chronological order. [face_mischief]

7. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    :eek: :eek: You should give them all to me, Ex, I'd take proper care of them. :p ;)

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Cool Cover. I'm probably not going to get that though.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I had like the slickest come back to that, 2ndQuest, but contrary to dp4mism insistence it'd have scored a critical stike and a hasty black-and-gold hilighting for what is a serious but awesome breach of venal vulgarity of comic proportions

Hey!

I resemble that remark...

10. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    That's true, I guess. But I just got The Sith Lords so I'm all [face_dancing]

I don't know why, but my Jedi Guardian on Peragus is automatically regenerating his health. And the hell I know why. :D

11. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    ordered a copy yesterday

12. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    Has anyone recieved thiers yet???

I know a lot of people have purchased issue #1 of the comic, just curious to know if anyone has been able to come across the actual graphic novel, or if starwars.com has shipped the exclusive early by mistake?

13. Maveric

Maveric Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 1999
    I saw paperback versions of the movie graphic novel yesterday. Tried not to spoil myself too much! :)

14. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    And just what the hull's wrong with a gold-embossed, Super-Duper-Stacked-Like-Eva-Green-Limited-Uber-Edition Dark Empire hardcover, Excellence? [face_frustrated] Hope you fall off the edge of Peragus spacewalking.

[Graham Chapman] "You make me sad." [/Graham Chapman]

Many folks are apparently scoring copies of the ROTS #1 across the country; from this point until next Saturday, I'm pulling me self back from Brobdingnagian spoilage levels. I'm paying for the bloody things, after all.

15. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Speaking of signed hardcovers, is anyone getting the slipcased leatherbound signed edition of the novel?

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I need to complete the collection I started with the TPM and AOTC ones. ::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.