main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge Of The Sith : ILM's best work yet?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by BabaORileyFett, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jumpman

Jumpman Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    appleseed speaks the truth. All should listen!

2. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Sorry, Jar Jar not only looks better but is far less annoying than Gollum.

3. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    It outta be the best

4. BabaORileyFett

BabaORileyFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
  5. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    I still think anyone who thinks Jar Jar is a better CG character than Gollum is out of touch with reality...but after seeing the new GG pics, I'm starting to think that the general will surpass them both.

AND JAR JAR LESS ANNOYING THAN GOLLUM! WOW!
    Jar Jar is recognized by Star Wars fans and casual viewer alike as one of the most obnoxious characters ever put on film. Just post a thread about Jar Jar and see how long it takes someone to mention a way that he should die/be tortured/etc...
    Now, that being said, I like Jar Jar, I think he's a fun addition to the GFFA. The consensus seems to be that he's annoying, but I like him.

...I just haven't ever heard anyone say Gollum is annoying before you.
    And if you were to check any LOTR message board, I'll bet that there aren't many people talking about how obnoxious Gollum is and what ways they like to see him die or be tortured. That's what you find on Star Wars message boards though..."JAR JAR DIE!!!" YOu know stuff like that...now whether that is a comment about the character or sw fans...I don't know :)

6. Qu_Klaani

Qu_Klaani Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    "I still think anyone who thinks Jar Jar is a better CG character than Gollum is out of touch with reality"

HOLY DIFFERENCE OF OPINION BATMAN!

7. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yoshifett nailed. Jar Jar is annoy as all hell and I would have very much liked to have seen him a horrible Force choke related death in Ep.III. Gollum on the other hand, totally blew my mind in LOTR. If I didn't know any better I would have sworn PJ pulled off Gollum with a rubber suit and really good make up. Also Gollu, actually serves a purpose in LOTR, Jar Jar just shows up and annoys everyone for two hours. And yes I think GG thrashing on Gollum is a definet possibilty.

8. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    I only say that because Jar Jar is not really much of a "character". I agree with you that it does come down to difference of opinion, but I think if you are honest with yourself, you can see that Gollum expressed complex emotions and internal conflict.
    Jar Jar was for laughs, and he does make me laugh. Refer to my above post for anymore on this.

But this does not matter because GG will hopefully blow both characters out of the water!

Edit: Wow, we didn't even have to start a thread on Jar Jar to see how much people hate him. Thanks for proving my point Chancellor_Ewok!

9. SupremeChancellor

SupremeChancellor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2005
    without a doubt its the best work that ILM has EVER done.

10. smashbro203

smashbro203 Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    Some people thought that the lava on Mustafar looked fake. But to me it looked real.

11. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    I find it very interesting that all the previous posters that said ?This is ILM?s best work to date? were posted before they even saw the movie! Silly gushers! Now that I?ve actually seen ROTS, I feel that the work that ILM did was excellent! GG and his guards did look good but lets be honest here: creating CG robots are much easier than CG humans or aliens. Yoda looked the best he has ever looked (IMHO). Did you know that the ILM guys studied what WETA did with Gollum as inspiration for Yoda? I think that the close-up shots of Yoda and GG were inspired by similar shots of Gollum in LOTR. As good as Yoda looks in ROTS, I still feel that Gollum is the most believable and emotional CG character created to date.

Some people thought that the lava on Mustafar looked fake. But to me it looked real.

Well, how many of us have actually seen real lava in person?

12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    The lava looked great to me. I don't plan on getting that close to any lava to determine how close the movie lava looks compared to real lava.

13. DINVADER99

DINVADER99 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2004
    lot of models and physical elements made up Mustafar.

14. wcleere

wcleere Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2002
    Very true, Utapau too, but it's still all ILM.

15. neutralsideforce

neutralsideforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    The flips performed by Dooku and Palpatine were awosome. Episode 3 is the best movie. I don't really need the other whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.