main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge of the Sith lightsaber questions

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Flashlight_Duelist, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flashlight_Duelist

Flashlight_Duelist Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Sorry for making a new thread just some personal ROTS questions, but...

1) Did anyone else feel the lightsabers (Anakin's and Obi-Wan's, in particular) were a little longer in Revenge of the Sith compared to all the other movies? They looked longer to me the moment Obi-Wan and Anakin first fired them up to take out the droids in the beginning of the movie.

2) When Emperor Palpatine was fighting Yoda...was it just me or was Palpatine using his lightsaber to duel Yoda one moment, then the scene cut to Obi-Wan vs Anakin, then when the scene cut back suddenly Emperor did not have his lightsaber anymore, and was hurling those seats at Yoda?

Did I blank out and miss something? I've only seen the movie once. Where did Emperor's lightsaber go? He never used it for the rest of the movie.

3) What do you feel about the outcome of Yoda vs Emperor? Who "won" in your eyes? To me it looked like a total draw. When the battle ended Yoda did not look the least bit injured other than his outer robe fell off. Both Yoda and Emperor seemed to have lost their lightsabers. Yoda is the one who retreated, but that was simply because the Emperor was too high up now and Yoda could no longer reach him, plus the place was starting to swarm with guards and Yoda probably wanted the battle to be kept private (since Palpatine is the official political ruler of the Empire, while at this point the Jedi are technically rogue outcasts).

Palpatine did not demonstrate superiority to Yoda to me in the battle. They seemed equally matched.

4) Why did Yoda not block Emperor's very first lighting blast? Maybe it was to help the viewers realize early that the Emperor's lightning is far stronger than Dooku's (which was obvious by the end of the duel). Still, Yoda should have been able to block it. He was able to block Emperor's much stronger lightning attack near the end. Palpatine didn't attack without warning either: he stuck out his hands very obviously seconds before he actually fired. Did Yoda get hit on purpose? My theory is that the sequence was just to look cool, to demonstrate to us that Emperor has the best lighting. And also to demonstrate to us that Force Push (Yoda's counter attack) is also very deadly...almost on par with Lightning.

Force Push was used a lot in ROTS. I don't think it was used to such a great extent in any other movie.

2. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.