main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD *** Revenge Of The Sith - May 19 2005 ***

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by MarvinTheMartian, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    In this thread we can organise seeing this movie. I figure we might as well have one. ;)

Sooo....who else is going?

2. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I'll wait till it comes out on DVD :p

3. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    I have no clue when the release date for it is in Japan yet so I think I'll be avoiding these boards for atleast a month after May 19th. :(

4. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    You never know Neech...they might have a superbly dubbed version. That in itself might be interesting.

Oh and in posting this thread I'm assuming that May 19 is the release date in AUS.

5. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    It is. :D

6. TK42I

TK42I Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 23, 2003
    how accurate is that date and will it be the same (just to be sure) in Sydney?

7. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    May 19th is the release date for the whole of Australia according to Birch Carrol & Coyle. It's up to Twentieth Century Fox if they change it in the interim.

8. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    OW! My shin! Who left this thread lying about for me to bump into?
    [face_mischief]

9. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    I was wondering when you would pull out that shovel again Goob :p

Ahem... Anyway I was thinking of doing the same thing that we did for EPII. That is once the tickets go on sale I or anybody else if they so wish to will book the seating for everyone else here. That way for one we are all gauranteed to be seeing it on the first screening. Hell I'll even go so far as to arrange reserved seats if there are enough people.

10. -luigi-

-luigi- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    And then you can show up with the tickets just as they open the doors after the rest of us (particularly me) have been stressing for the last 2-3 hours.

11. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Always the put downs! But where is the praise father! Where!

:p

Honsetly though I was cutting it fine that day as I did not plan it as well as I had hoped. Mainly cause a few people who booked the tickets through me never showed and I had to waste time trying to find others to use the ones I was left with. As such this time around you pay before I go and get them. Thus if you don't show up it's your money you're wasting and not mine.

12. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    good call, I also think it would be a good idea if we all got our tickets before the day too. In case you get hit by a truck or something. :p

13. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Odds of that are... Well not that far fetched really... Oh dear

14. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I think as many of us as possible should line up to buy them whenever they come out. That's half the fun

15. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Well if that is what we all want to do who's up for it? However if last time was any indication... The tickets will most likely go on sale a month or so before the first showing as such the waiting line will not be that long. When I did go in to get the tickets last time I pretty much just walked strait into the Regent, booked them and then walked strait out. Didn't take me more then five minutes and all during my lunch break as it were. Now the tickets went on sale that very morning and not even half the seating had been sold by then and that was for the very first session, so...

But hey I'm willing to make a day of it, or week, or whatever if you all would like to camp it out.

;) :D

16. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    This is a description of the RotS trailer from Joshua Griffen (TFN editor). Highlight to read.

The first half of trailer consists of a familiar voice over with Alec Guinness. Fans will love to hear him speak his monologue to Luke from A New Hope about "Jedi Knights always being the guardians of peace." As we hear these familiar phrases, they've intercut shots from various Star Wars episodes, excluding Episode 3. Only when the monologue ends with "Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force" about 40 seconds into the trailer do we see the face of Anakin. He is partly covered with dark hood, looking positively evil.

This is followed by the shot of erupting volcanoes, then some sort of volcanic field with crab-like creatures and then darkness, all accompanied by Vader breathing. Then the following is heard:

Sidious: "Lord Vader..."

Vader: "Yes?"

Sidious: "Rise."

Then we see Anakin in full Vader gear rising on some sort of operating table to which he is chained. The rising is slow and is intercut with shot of various Star Wars main characters. When the table has fully risen so that Vader is basically standing upright, the meatiest part of trailer begins, with many, many shots from Episode III. Most of them are very, very short - this will be something for freeze-frame fanatics to analyze.

The ones that stuck in my memory:

Dozens of Wookiees on some sort of floating platform.

Padme with signature Leia hairdo.

The Tri-Fighter, aka the precursor to the TIE fighter with three curving wings and guns mounted between each wing. They shoot red lasers.

The ARC Clonefigthter, aka the precursor to X-Wing, with three wings on each side.

A gigantic starship being sprayed by streams of something that looks like dense acid.

The trailer ends with the title "THE SAGA IS COMPLETE - MAY 2005" and is about 100 seconds long.

:D :D :D

17. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    Hey, I was just about to post this. :(

Oh well, you saved me all that pain in the arse code :p

It sounds awesome btw

18. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002

:eek:

I cant resist a great spoiler :D

19. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Even with a spoiling like that I still can't imagine it!! I must see this teaser!!

And If I'm free Grieyls, I'll join you in the tickets aquisition. (Okay it's probably going to be in March/April, but what the hey... ;) )

20. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    You can practice by standing in line at McDonalds, that's how long it will take. :p

21. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    The trailer is premiering on HyperSpace, Wink Wink ;) .

Also from JG. Highlight to read.

Anakin's reply to Palpatine is Yes, Master? and not just "Yes" and previsouly reported. Sweet. It is said somehow questioningly, as if he is not exactly sure what is happening.
    Palpatine's "Riiiiiiiiise" is so devilish and long, they've clearly spent some time on making this section of the film perfect. Still finding it hard to believe they are going to show this section so early. Wow.

We've been told that the voice of Vader is ... close ... but definitely sounds different from the original Darth Vader. There should be no doubt that Lucas could make him sound perfectly like the classic Vader if he wanted, so this must be intentional. After all, it's logical that teenage Anakin under the Vader mask sounds slightly different than old Anakin in Episode IV under the same mask. We think it is either an early cut without finished effects (voice and visual) or Hayden Christensen's voice modulated through some advanced filters to sound very, very much like Jones. If you played this to casual moviegoer, he or she may not even notice any difference from Vader's classic voice.

And to clarify an earlier point or two, the lines of dialogue we posted are spoken over completely black screen right after the volcanic field shot. And the Tri-fighter we mentioned is actually the new Jedi starfighter.

There are no mechanical characters in the trailer except R2D2 and C3PO, not even for a split second. There is someone with sharp teeth and humanoid head, slightly resembling the alien from Enemy Mine. Someone should post a picture here for comparison, though it might just be Tion Meddon. So unless its the off chance that is Grievous unmasked, the Droid General does not figure into this first trailer.

If Jones doesnt voice Vader, i will be the first lining up outside GL's house with a plank of wood with a nail it in :mad: :p .

22. Fampa

Fampa Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2002
    Will be in Sydney for the premiere.

23. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    If Jones doesnt voice Vader, i will be the first lining up outside GL's house with a plank of wood with a nail it in

I'd like to hear Ernest's voice for Vader. Too bad the actor died already. :(

24. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    Oh My Various Gods!
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/murder_sandwhich/epiiibanner.jpg]

This is from Josh Griffen, again.

:D

25. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    looks cool, looks real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.