main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD *** Revenge Of The Sith - May 19 2005 ***

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by MarvinTheMartian, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I left the middle 'blank' intentionally, with the background pics of Vader (two of him) and the Grevious there to fill.

Fampa saw it at Fox Studios Sydney, I'm guessing in her Trooper costume.

2. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    My photos from Wednesday night's 12:01am release at the Legacy in Plano TX with the DFWfanforce, are up! Too tired to edit descriptions tonight, but the pics are pretty self explanatory! :D :D :D

Go to: http://imageevent.com/absinthangel/starwarsepiiirots

PM me if it asks for the password peeps!

3. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    - How cute... a Star Wars tent!
    - That's a good Vader on Page 1.
    - The sabers in the dark cinema... :eek:

Nice pics IC.

4. ImperialCourtessan

Mar 10, 2005
    That Vader dude was TALL!!.. I am 5'10" alone, AND I had on inch and a half heels making ME nearly 6ft as it was... he was like.... really TALL!!!

5. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    The dress turned out GREAT IC! :)

6. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Kahlan can you PM me an email address please? I have some sabered pics of Finn I want to email you.

I'll have some pics uploaded tonight or tomorrow morning. I've re-done (with BigBossNass type sabers) the group pic (JamesSolo even has a colour other than purple!), and I've done one with Agent Sith vs Casual Jedi.

Pics as soon as I remember to bring my flash drive.
    [face_blush]

7. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    ...as promised:

[image=http://home.1asphost.com/Glubbo/Casual%20MS%20GoobaFish%20-photo%20by%20Goob.jpg]

[image=http://home.1asphost.com/Glubbo/Casual%20n%20BigBossNass%20-photo%20by%20Goob.jpg]

[image=http://home.1asphost.com/Glubbo/Marv%20Casual%20JamesSolo%202others%20MS%20BBN%20v2-photo%20by%20Goob.jpg] Much better! Thanks BigBossNass!

8. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    They look great, Goob! Awesome work! :) And you're most welcome. Always happy to share a trade secret or 2 ;)

9. Darth_Saruman

Darth_Saruman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    yeah great photos goob. did you give james_solo a penari lightsaber?

10. ImperialCourtessan

Mar 10, 2005
    Excellent shots peeps!!!! Glad you had the opportunity to take some in our awesome theatre!

11. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Very good, Goob. =D= :D

12. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    MORE MORE MORE pics Goob!

13. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
  14. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    More! The public demand more!

15. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Aw Mah Gawd, they look so nice when printed. I'll try to get some more online tomorrow. I took 3 of the 'group', I'll post another (closer up) one of those.

I'll bring my Photos to the Southbank (11th June?) Screening.

16. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    These pics are best seen at 100%. Don't view them reduced in size, or the sabers come out crap. All are 1024 by 681, which is standard photo format, not standard wallpaper format. Don't "stretch" them if you're using them as wallpaper.

[image=http://home.1asphost.com/Glubbo/Casual%20n%20Boba%20-photo%20by%20Goob.jpg]

[image=http://home.1asphost.com/Glubbo/Costumes%20-photo%20by%20Goob.jpg]

[image=http://home.1asphost.com/Glubbo/Duel%20-photo%20by%20Goob.jpg] Rogue Streak, if they want these photos printed out let me know. I took 3 of them (2 duelling and this one). [edit-I'll rename the pic "Obi-John and Count Chrisco" too. Currently called "Duel".]

[image=http://home.1asphost.com/Glubbo/Marv%20Casual%20JamesSolo%202others%20MS%20BBN%20closer%20-photo%20by%20Goob.jpg]

That's all I'm contributing for now. Anyone else with pics and haven't put them up yet?

Marv?

17. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    Very nice :D

I wish the female jedi with the purple saber posted here [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

(Don't tell that to her boyfriend! [face_shhh] )

18. Fampa

Fampa Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2002
    *TK1505 reporting in*

Got back from a rather hectic time in Sydney last week.

We had seven solid days of trooping about, as we gathered Australia's largest number of 501st in one place at one time - 17 for the record.

On the 18th we did the 6:30 celebrity showing at George St Hoyts. The pick of us crossing George St, ala the Beatles, made it into most national papers I think. (I'm the short one)

So I got to see it at 6:30 that night.

Then we made our way over the Fox Studios for the midnight screening.

I must admit I had never expected to find so many factional SW groups in one place at one time. Some people were pretty anal about the fact that Fox Studios paid for us to be there and got to get a seat first without having to line up. But I figure we had done at least 12 hours of promotional trooping for them over the previous week, so they could sit and spin as far as I was concerned. Then there was the whole 'we got tickets for digital bullS*&t that went on.

Then there was the blue between one of our guys and some jedi dweeb who thought it would be really funny and 'in character' to go and whack one of the guys with his 'light sabre'. Until the metal pole that this guy was wielding cracked a piece of armour and a very angry trooper emerged from beneath. (I have to say that statistically speaking the 501st has a significant percentage of defence force personnel, and therefore scary ppl, in the ranks) Said Jedi was not seen for the rest of the night.

I handed out hundreds of my trading cards over the week. Still have thousands more to give out over the next few years.

Next stop, charity screening at the Hyperdome on Monday night.

*TK1505 out*

19. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Oops GoobaFish, that's a problem with posting pics (especially larger ones) on forums, you quickly chew through the bandwidth!
    (and wait till people on forums elsewhere start hotlinking... especially when you have your own domain and are paying for the bandwidth... dark urges... rising...)

20. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Aww crud.

Hotlinking is lame.

I will move them into a ROTS directory. The above will be red x's, but the pics will be there. Just add /rots/ after the user name and before the filename.

Have another look tomorrow if you're yet to see them.

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    More nice photos, there, Goob.

22. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Ill get mine up eventually, just have to deal with the technical problems 1st (eg not having dialup) - ill wait till im at uni to upload them ;)

23. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    awww, come on Marv!

24. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    I refuse to let this thread die!

(aka bump)

25. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000