main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge of the Sith Meet Up (Sat 28th May 05)

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Yoshee, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

Right ??? Well you 'll be sitting next to Yosh then
    ;)

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
  3. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Right ??? Well you 'll be sitting next to Yosh then

Oh....thanks!! :_| :p

4. SidiousDragon

SidiousDragon Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2001
    Clarifications for you guys:

1) The Empire in Leicester Square is NOT the same as the Odeon in Leicester Square!

The Odeon is the biggest cinema in Europe (2000 seats, 128 speakers, ridiculous fake leaopard skin seats) and is where all major premieres are held and where Star wars will be shown at midnight on the 19th.

The Empire is a UCI cinema, once respectable but now fairly crap, falling to pieces and has [edited] sound. It used to be London's turkish bathhouse though, so the exterior architecture is interesting. Star Wars has never and will never show there. It only shows the films which don't get to be shown by the Odeon...the left overs.

2) Tickets go on sale a month before the film. You can book online, but won't be able to choose your exact seat, just the approximate location. To select your seat, go to the odeon in person.

3) Tickets cost £10 and £11 for the Royal Circle.

4) The premiere with the cast and crew is 4 to 7 days before the film.

5) Opening nights are fantastic! 2000 rabid fans armed with glowing lightsabers!

6) EP3 will be shown digitally projected on the Odeon's own TI DLP projector, kindly offered by Barco and Technicolour Digital cinema. I should know, since a friend of mine is the boss of Odeon Digital cinema which handles the installation of such projectors.

7) Somebody please start a line up the week before!

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    If this Odeon is so good
    Why are world (celebrity attended) premieres played at the Empire?

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Although the BAFTAS was hosted in the Odeon

7. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    Are you confusing yourself with Empire Magazine.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Not unless the Magasine gave its name to the cinema

9. JunoirVader

JunoirVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2004
    Oh....thanks!!

Don't worry, you'll know I'm there even if you're the other side of the cinema to me and I don't mean the other side of the room!

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  11. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    SidiousDragon posted on 2/18/05 7:37am
    Clarifications for you guys:

1) The Empire in Leicester Square is NOT the same as the Odeon in Leicester Square!

The Odeon is the biggest cinema in Europe (2000 seats, 128 speakers, ridiculous fake leaopard skin seats) and is where all major premieres are held and where Star wars will be shown at midnight on the 19th.

The Empire is a UCI cinema, once respectable but now fairly crap, falling to pieces and has [edited] sound. It used to be London's turkish bathhouse though, so the exterior architecture is interesting. Star Wars has never and will never show there. It only shows the films which don't get to be shown by the Odeon...the left overs.

2) Tickets go on sale a month before the film. You can book online, but won't be able to choose your exact seat, just the approximate location. To select your seat, go to the odeon in person.

3) Tickets cost £10 and £11 for the Royal Circle.

4) The premiere with the cast and crew is 4 to 7 days before the film.

5) Opening nights are fantastic! 2000 rabid fans armed with glowing lightsabers!

6) EP3 will be shown digitally projected on the Odeon's own TI DLP projector, kindly offered by Barco and Technicolour Digital cinema. I should know, since a friend of mine is the boss of Odeon Digital cinema which handles the installation of such projectors.

7) Somebody please start a line up the week before!

[hr][/blockquote]

Ok, I'm seriously tempted. I can't take a week off work, but could take a few days. Some questions, though... how does the toilet thing work if you're camping in the west end? Also, is there some way to take a shower?

12. SidiousDragon

Feb 13, 2001
    SithLordDarthRichie, I can assure you, virtually none of the big premieres take place at the Empire. I've lived in London for 4 years and have been to most big premieres, and the only ones which are at the Empire are the ones which can't get the odeon because theres a bigger film playing there. Trust me on this!

Episode 1 was at the Odeon, Episode 2 was at the Odeon, Harry Potter is a the Odeon, LOTR was at the Odeon, Episode 3 Will be at the Odeon.

Have you actually ever been to London?

As for the line up. There are public toilets in the Square, and if the counicl allow us to camp, the many bars, restaurants and the Odeon itself could provide washing facilities.

BUT, as I said in my topic, somebody, preferably somebody involved in the last two "lines", has to organise it in London. I can't, because I'm working in France at the moment, though I can offer advice.

Seriously guys, for Episode 1 and 2, the experience of going to the premiere and going for the first midnight screening was waaaay better than seeing the film. This is the LAST EVER STARWARS FILM and you guys are only meeting up to see it 3 days later???? Missing out on all the fun dudes!

In previous years, Anthony Daniels hosted the first public showings and it was great! For Episode 2's midnight screening, Rick McCallum stepped on stage and said:

"I've been outside watching you guys lining up for an hour and all I've got to say is this: ******* AWESOME!"

And then he buggered off to raptuous applause!

In fact, if you listen to the audio commentary on the Ep2 DVD, when Yoda appears to battle Dooku, Rick says the first time he saw it with the public was in London and that he couldn't hear anything for 15minutes because of the crowd going wild! That was US!!

So come on! Take a weeks holiday, or just two days:
    1 day to see the premiere and get that prescious Lucas autograph and 1 day to party like its 1999 with 2000 other fans for the last STARWARS EVER!

13. SidiousDragon

Feb 13, 2001
    if SithLordDarthRichie still isn't convinced:

Episode 2 premiere, with the Odeon behind:
    [image=http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1985000/images/_1988808_stormtroopers.jpg]

Episode 2 premiere: (note the Odeon logo on the door)
    [image=http://www.haydenhaven.com/ldp01.jpg]

FOTR premiere (I think this settles it):
    [image=http://lilithlotr.ejwfiles.net/Liv/and/373761aa.jpg]

and finally, on the door, you may notice it says "Odeon Leicester Square: Europe's largest cinema"
    [image=http://dpsinfo.com/images/fan/smofcons/01/lotrprem2.jpg]

If you're still not convinced, type london premiere in google. Or try going to London.

14. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    Loud are you?

I can be.

SidiousDragon, I think we have enough evidence. Ever considered becoming a detective?

:p

15. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    "I believe!"

16. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
  17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    if SithLordDarthRichie still isn't convinced
    I've nothing against the ODEON

I've been there myself and thought it was good
    But there's nothing wrong with the other cinemas.

I merely thought EMPIRE was an appropriate name for a cinema if we're gonna see a Star Wars film.

btw, your not employed by ODEON are you?

18. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    i am
    well I was !

19. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    So really.... you're not employed by em, DA6 :p

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  21. mothraa

mothraa Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2004
    i'll go but its just a money thing with me but i would love to meet all you london starwars fans (most people wont admit to it and the ones who do usually know nothing about it, im not claiming i know everything but you know)

22. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    Apart from Ellbobin, has anyone here actually seen me at any conventions?

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm not sure
    How would I recognise you?

24. JunoirVader

Aug 23, 2004
    Short, lonish hair, lots of freckles, went with Ellbobin who was dressed as a Jedi to Collectormania 6.

Before anyone make the joke, I'm no an ewok: short, long hair.

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I might have done
    Were you at the London Film & Comic Convention?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.