main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge of the Sith on unabridged audio...rocks!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Kai_Vandekar, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    This is just a quick plug for the Book on CD of ROTS. I purchased it for a drive to San Luis Obispo and back this weekend...I got as far as CD 6 of 11. It really is read well...the fella who reads it (too lazy to remember who it is, but he's done a ton of SW books, and I can see why) has an excellent ear for accent and can rapidly switch between a very credible Anakin, Obi-Wan, Palpatine, and Grievous all within a single scene. I was most impressed. It was good enough that, for brief periods, I'd stop and think...Hey, wait. I could SWEAR they just dubbed in Ewan on that line! But no, it was just the reader, flaunting his ability to be a verbal chameleon. Boy, I wish I could do accents.

Anyway...there you have my micro-review.

- Kai

2. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Ok, well...never mind, then! Just SEE if I post any more reviews! Fine! That's ok! I don't feel, like, totally unloved or anything. I mean, it's not like I'll need COUNSELING to get over the rejection of my message thread. No, no...nothing like that. And I'm not sucking my thumb and typing this with the other hand, either! I'm just FINE!

;)

- Kai, a trifle twitchy

Heh heh heh.

3. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    *offers Kai a tissue and a condescending pat on the back*

"There there, my dear. You see, now if I were in charge of the Republic, all would be as you wish it, your fans would scream in te... ah, appreciation of you immense talent. I will see to it personally there will be no one to sto... I mean, ahem, I love the Republic"

:)

Well, I for one appreciate the review, didn't think there was anything else to say, you done said it all.

I'll give it four hats.

DLS

4. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    *sniffles* Really? You'd make sure everyone appreciated me? Truly?

Wow, what a nice person you are. I never really realized how much you were pulling for me... Boy, I should never listen to the gossip, because you're...you're so KIND...

;)

*bucks up a little*

5. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    C'mon now, this Stahr Wors thing your referring to, it's such an obscure title... now if you'd review the aduiobook of the novelisation of the Dukes of Hazzard movie, well that'd be different wouldn't it?

...yeah, I'm sorry I wrote that too... where's the delete button? Ah, here it is:D

6. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Ahhh! My eyes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.