main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal Revenge of the Sith Premiere

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Uilmuteiz, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Just wanted to reassure everybody that there is in fact plans for the premiere in Montreal and they have been approved by Lucasfilm.

So don't worry, we'll have tons of fun on the 18th of May.

2. Darth_Htrad

Darth_Htrad Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2004
    Where where??? What theatre??

3. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Since there's an international law that keeps any theater from buying a movie previous to having seen it, the location of the event is still to be determined at 100%

Right now I'm finallizing deals with the first location and if it doesn't turn out to be, then we'll go to plan B..

untill all deals are final I can't promess a theater

However I can say there will be tons of fun, food and then a movie.

4. Darth_Htrad

Oct 25, 2004
    I'm thinking the Paramount. Right?

5. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    You must be a comedian.

6. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Kit, be kind to the lad ^_^

The paramount is not an option for the following reasons:

1- No Digital Projector
    2- Very Bad Focus
    3- Uncomfortable Seating space
    3- No access to actually good food venues

The party we're putting together will include a full supper and maybe even an afternoon snack.

You'll be comfortable when watching the movie and you'll have the best Image quality in town.

7. Darth_Htrad

Oct 25, 2004
    Yeah I'm a comedian.

8. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    Sorry dude, I like to think I'm a comdian 8-}

9. Edna

Edna Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2005
    But y'know what would ROCK? To have it at a drive-in. Gods, just think of the possibilities.

10. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    Just tell me where and if it is where it think it is, I'll have to buy 4 or 5 passes!

11. crackvader

crackvader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I'll be needing 4 passes also.

Why not do it at Spheretech like you did for AOTC? Remember when we had to tell the projectionist to close his window at the beginning of the movie? lol

12. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    There is only ONE digital projector in Montreal and it is at the AMC 22. It seems like the obvious choice to me.

13. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    The only problem is that Famous Players owns many theaters in Quebec and AMC only the one in Montreal.

FOX will sadly be looking where the money is instead of where the Quality is.

Which is why the Premiere will be held where whe can more that where we actually want.

so it will either be the AMC or The Spheretech 14.

14. Guece_Yomon

Guece_Yomon Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2005
    What would be awsome is having a marathon like they did for LOTR:RETURN OF THE KING.

It would be a dream to see all the prequels one after the other.

By the way, I don't understand some of you. At least 2 times out of 3 when I go to the cinema to watch a movie, I go to the Paramount. The Paramount is the best cinema in the city.

It's downtown (close to most of people)
    The seats are comfortable.
    They have the biggest srceens and the best sound.

I think I know what I'm talking about 'cause I went to Spheretech and AMC and others...so I think the Paramount should be THE place where they should organize the Montreal Premiere for ROTS.

15. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    Paramount has a long history of not working with anyone else but themselves.

16. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    What would be awsome is having a marathon like they did for LOTR:RETURN OF THE KING.

Apparently between now and 3 months ago, it would seem that LucasFilm changed their mind on the coolness of this idea and that they are now stepping back on it.

here's the reason why:
    ------------------------------------------------
    official Lucasfilm statement on the subject
    Lucasfilm Distribution is not granting permission to screen any of the other Star Wars movies in theaters due to other contractual obligations with television partners around the world. There may be a few exceptions such as Celebration, but other than that the answer in no. I know, because I?ve had to transmit that answer from Distribution to a number of event organizers.

Steve Sansweet
    Director of Content Management & Fan Relations

Lucasfilm Ltd.

------------------------------------------------

It would be a dream to see all the prequels one after the other.
    By the way, I don't understand some of you. At least 2 times out of 3 when I go to the cinema to watch a movie, I go to the Paramount. The Paramount is the best cinema in the city.

I go to the paramount 2 times out of 3 as well.. that's because I got free premiere passes and that I don't need to pay to get out of there with a headache due to bad focus and cramped seats.

It's downtown (close to most of people)
    The seats are comfortable.
    They have the biggest srceens and the best sound.

It's downtown as you said, so there's very limited parking and people have to pay for the one they can find.

Being downtown, it's also very badly located.
    Why, well it happens to be in the middle of the business district, so there is no restaurant that can hold a 300+ people reservation.

They do have the biggest screen and the best sound..
    After all it's THX.. OK people. take a look around the web, and THX sound is basically an expensive Dolby surround Digital. Just because 2 speakers are aimed 3 degrees to the left instead of the right isn't going to stop me from having a good time
    As for the big screen part, maybe if they used the right lens, then we'd be able to see something. I'm sorry that I cannot bare, focused in the middle and then all fuzzy on the side.

this is a stupid joke.

I think I know what I'm talking about 'cause I went to Spheretech and AMC and others...so I think the Paramount should be THE place where they should organize the Montreal Premiere for ROTS.

Well my friend, as I am organizing the Montreal Premiere for Star Wars, me and my team get to choose where we'll make sure 300+ people will have fun.

This isn't just a "let's get in line then sit down and watch a movie" I'm talking about here... no no no.. I'm talking about a real party, where you get to have fun all evening long. And then you just move to the theater, sit down comfortably (that means comfy seats and leg space) and enjoy the movie.

No offense meant there, if you really think the Paramount is so good, then you'll be missed at our party.

But I can tell you right now that I won't be the one organizing something at the Paramount, because we have experience with them and they are very much socialy incompatible and highly about making the higher profit.

If you want to organize something there, feel free, it will even me my pleasure to advertise it.
    I just hope you can fill the expectations of over 300 fans.

I know I can because we did just that last time around.
    and out of 307 people, 1 ended up a little unhappy because he started waiting in line before we actually moved our people to the theater, and he had a hard time understanding the way sponsorships work.

I'd say that's a pretty good % of success.

Now if you'd like to try your hand at it, I'll be happy to help you out.
    I can tell you right now where the problems will be:

- talking with the Paramount about dealing a price so you can have a party as well as the movie.

- Securing the tickets the day they go on sale (due to movietickets.com and other sites

- Managing 30

17. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Lady_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Can you guys help me find good reasons to convince my mother that we (including her as I doubt she'll leave me alone) should go to this premiere... Cause on my own, I have a feeling that it simply won't work.

18. simon-kenobi

simon-kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2005
    that will be so great , Lady_Jedi_Skywalker you dont have to worry , Uilmuteiz is the guy for this kind of event organisation . and i have a good feeling where this will be :) . i have a question for you seb , do you have find a name for the event or is a secret ( like the aotc attack of the fan ) .

19. Edna

Edna Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2005
    Lady_Jedi_Skywalker, tell your mom that there will be other moms at the premiere. We promise to take good care of you and not let you get in any trouble. In fact, we could possibly even arrange to pick you up and bring you home, if you think that'll help.

20. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    ^ And that's a mom talking right there ^

But you could also tell her that this is going to be a safe environment, and we will be looking after every fan.

If you would like to take part in the organisation, I could probably find you a place where you could help us make sure everything is going well underway.

your mom and you could even attend one of our organisational meeting.

And Simon: it's still a big big big secret ;-)
    but for now, we can call it Project Hard Contact, It won't be easy, but we'll manage to bring everyone back home.

21. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    LJS you should come. It would be great to meet you in person after chatting with you for the last several months! :) Tell your mother that it is the last time something of this nature will happen for Star Wars! If you want we could talk on the phone and arrange something. Maybe your mother would let you stay with me? I'm staying with another girl I've never met in person but have chatted with for over a year in Indy when I go to C III. I know you are a year younger than her but that shouldn't matter. It would be great to have you along!!! :D

Oh, and as for the Premiere... I'm pretty sure it won't be at the Paramount because I asked the other day when the presales for tickets was going to start for general showings and the manager said they didn't have the contract to show the film at all yet and that they weren't sure if they would have SW E III there at all! :eek:

Wherever the Premiere ends up being, I'd really like to buy 2 tickets please :)

~Goddess Jaina~

22. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually, due to laws and regulation of the cinema industry now a days, Every theater manager that respects himself will say that to you Goddess.

It's stupid of them especially since they have the teaser posters all over the place, but what the heck will you do with them.

anyhow, that's the way the industry works now a days, last minute all the time.

maybe one day, maybe one day.

23. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Before the rumors spreads, I want to make a statement.

I have been informed that Famous Players will most likely be equipping themselves (the Paramount that is) with a Digital Projector.

Making them the strongest competitor in the balance for Star Wars Episode III with their THX.

This will not be disregarded by yours truly, and I have already contacted them regarding this. They wouldn't confirm or deny the "rumors" about the Digital Projector.

I will keep you updated as project Hard Contact moves forward.

24. Guece_Yomon

Guece_Yomon Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2005
    Sorry for my ignorance but, what is that project named "Hard Contact"? Is it that "party" you(Uilmuteiz) are organizing for the release of ROTS? Or is this just a sarcastic name you give to your encounters with the people from Famous Players?

25. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    No it's actually the name we gave to the project of the party I'm organizing.

it's project "Hard Contact", because just like in the book, it will be an almost impossible mission to accomplish, but we intent to do so or die trying.

Okay, maybe I'm the only one willing to die for it.

As for the encounter with Famous Players, their cockyness will lead them to their doom.

After dicussing the matter with some of the participants, we have agreed that no matter what we'll be having more fun than anything else.

so check this thread for more updates next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.