main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Revenge Of The Sith ranking opinion?.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Qui-Gon Gin, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Qui-Gon Gin

Qui-Gon Gin Jedi Padawan

Dec 21, 2015
    Revenge Of The Sith.
    Best of the prequels?.
    Or a good addition to the saga?.
    When you hear someone ask which prequel they liked the best. Quite often, you will have Episode III as the winner.
    My question is, would you consider it just a good prequel, or is it good enough to be a worthy entry in the entire saga all together?.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    whostheBossk and christophero30 like this.
  2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    It's easily the best of the prequels for me and probably my third or fourth favorite overall. Worthy entry for sure.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Moving to PT forum

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Best movie!

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s the best movie in the saga for me. I like all the movies mind you, but there is something special about ROTS.

6. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Easily the best of the saga.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  7. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    Best of the prequels and would rate it 3rd overall

Esb
    Anh
    Rots

8. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    Best of the prequels for me.

christophero30 likes this.
  9. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014
    Third currently, but I go back and forth between it and TPM for the two spot.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    ss640 likes this.
  10. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Best film of the series.

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    All the prequels are worthy entries in the saga.

Sith is my favourite of the three prequels and it sits in Tier 2 with ESB and TFA. ANH is alone in Tier 1.

StarWookiee and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  12. WookieeShampoo

WookieeShampoo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    I don´t like it at all to be honest, least favorite film of the saga. The only part I really like is Order 66 and Anakin attacking the temple.

13. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Probably best of the PT.

Phantom Menace is pretty good too, perhaps more balanced than ROTS, and more organic.
    But ROTS is the emotional peak of the saga next to Luke's success and Anakin's redemption in ROTJ.
    ROTS is really condensed, there are layers there that aren't always obvious.

I put ROTS up there with ESB. Both films are very character driven, but ESB edges it out for me for being more human.
    ROTS is really centered around Anakin, the movie ebbs and flows with his story.
    ESB is more an ensemble of characters, and has my favourite incarnation of Luke Skywalker.
    Luke is highlight of the whole OT, but ESB is really the connective tissue.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  14. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Best of the PT by far. It shares many of TPM and AotC's faults (some clunky dialogue, some wooden acting, some rushed plot points, some CGI overload that leads to artificial-feeling environments) and it has a couple of faults unique to itself (Padme is almost entirely sidelined after being a really strong character in the previous two films) but on the whole, it's the most dramatic, operatic, emotional, and impactful of the three. Christensen improves drastically from AotC and gives a far more consistent performance, McDiarmid is having a blast playing pure cackling, conniving evil in absolutely every scene he's in, and McGregor finally reaches the point where he looks and acts exactly like I would imagine Guinness' Ben Kenobi to have been like as a younger man.

Also, those first thirty-or-so minutes? *chef kiss* By far the most exciting and fun sequence in the PT, and the on-screen chemistry and banter between Anakin and Obi-Wan is fantastic, fully selling the friendship Kenobi told Luke about in ANH. And the ending montage is up there as one of the best endings in the Saga. It wraps up both the film itself and the trilogy as a whole perfectly, and it segues into the OT beautifully. So yeah, for these and a ton more reasons, I would say RotS is absolutely the best of the PT and a more than worthy entry in the Saga, even if I do have my issues with it.

15. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    On some days, it's my favorite film in the saga, purely because it represents Lucas at his absolute peak as a visual storyteller.

16. Christus Regnet

Christus Regnet Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2016
    Each of the films are special in a different way, with different things to like.

Episode 1 is more lighthearted, with more of a feeling of adventure. It has those spielbergian moments from many movies in the 80's & 90's.

Episode 2 has mystery, intrigue, and romance. I love the two concurrent, contrasting storylines.

Episode 3 has dread, foreboading, culmination, despair. It is dark. You know disaster is coming, even the first time watching it, but it still sucks you in.

And the rest need no description. I like all 6 fairly equally. I rarely ever watch any of them, though.

Tonyg likes this.
  17. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    in the minority but... 3rd favourite of the PT

[face_worried]

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  18. Matty20172018

Matty20172018 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2017
    It's a great movie ROTS, with some issues like the other two prequels. It's also a sad movie. Everything is going to hell in the last hour, and it happens very quickly too. It's as strong as you probably can go for a 12A (PG13) film.

I think A New Hope and Empire are more fun movies to watch.

I like all the films though.. to some degree.

19. Mindless Monster

Dec 4, 2014
    I just watched it again today, and I feel like bumping it back up to number 2, with TPM coming in at 3.

This trilogy is why I'm still a fan.

20. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    For me it's the best of the PT and my second favorite film overall with Solo coming in a very close third.

21. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Sith is right up there at the top of the saga, right along with AOTC and ANH. I rank those 3 about equally. AOTC and ROTS are probably better from a filmmaking and acting perspective, but I include ANH in the top rank simply because it is THE original Star Wars, and began the whole saga.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    ss640, Tonyg and Count Yubnub like this.
  22. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    For me it's easily the best of the PT and certainly a worthy film in the saga (though I think I and II are as well). Honestly, if Padme had been handled a little better in the movie it would probably rank higher for me than Solo and R1; so much of the movie is great.

23. DarthAhem

DarthAhem Jedi Master star 1

May 6, 2014
    Best of the PT and definitely a worthy addition to the overall saga. It's usually rated in the top half by most people.

24. Mindless Monster

Dec 4, 2014
    I use to feel that way about Padme, but I kinda of like the fact that due to the toxic nature of their relationship she regressed along with him.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  25. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    My least fav SW film...