main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, GA Revenge of the Sith releases

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cosmic_Knight, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmic_Knight

Cosmic_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2004
    So was everyone out shopping for new Star Wars stuff yesterday? I really needed to be home studying, but was instead out wearing the mag stripes off my credit cards for about half of the day. :) If so, any good finds?

I stopped by the Game and Hobby Expo at CCSSC for a while. Talked to some of the folks from the USS DaVinci who were there. There was a table set up for our group, but apparently no one showed up to man it. I said it was probably because everyone was out shopping. I did not think I could commit to help out this weekend, but wanted to go by to see if anyone else was there and to check out the vendors. The dealers were mostly selling gaming material this time. I think the crowd may have been a little larger than last time when we had a table. There were a couple of guys there dressed as Fetts, one Boba and one Jango, I think.

2. WedgeAntilles1

WedgeAntilles1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    While IU didn't shop in Columbus, I did score a clone trooper, magna guard, and Tri-fighter at a Wal-mart in Hiram GA. (about 3 hours north of you guys). Hope to hit a target on monday to try and find an ARC fighter and pilot. Seems that these are hot items and are pretty hard to come by though.

3. WedgeAntilles1

Sep 16, 2002
    If you guys see an ARC fighter at the Wal-mart, TRU, or Target, can you let me know? I would really like to have one of these but I haven't seen one yet.

4. Cosmic_Knight

Mar 7, 2004
    Actually, I have not seen any of the #33-40 figures yet. I was not really looking for them on Saturday, though, because I didn't think they were out until later in the month. All of the other basic figures have been available at one place or another, except for the royal guards, but some have been in short supply. This evening, I bought a red royal guard, which is the only one I have seen so far. Also picked up a Count Dooku; Target had a couple of them Saturday, but I didn't get one then, and this evening was the first time I had seen another.

I saw a 12" General Grievous that seems to be rare according some of the threads in the Collecting Forum. I am debating over whether or not to buy it, assuming no one beats me to it before I go back.

5. master_calloway

master_calloway Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    I've had better luck with more of a variety at Wal-Marts and Toys R Uses than Targets thus far.

6. Cosmic_Knight

Mar 7, 2004
    Of the few stores I have been to, Toys R Us had the best selection overall. The one Walmart had lots of figures, but I remember seeing only about 3 or 4 figures from Collection 2. The Columbus Target had a better selection than this, with a lot of Collection 2, but they did not have some of the Collection 1 figures the other stores had. The Kmart I have been to (Phenix City) is a mystery - very few RotS items on the shelf; don't know if they have a limited stock and are selling out as they shelve them, or if they are just in no hurry to put the items out (for whatever reason), or what the deal is. Of course, most of my shopping was on Saturday, so this all could have changed since then.

Today or tomorrow, I want to get out and look for the trading cards. I read on the forum at starwarscards.net that people just started finding them in stores yesterday.

7. WedgeAntilles1

Sep 16, 2002
    Yeah, I saw the 12" Grevious too. Held back though because I was looking for an ARC fighter. I'm glad didn't buy him because a lot of people have said he can't hold his lightsabers and his arms pop off to easily.

8. Cosmic_Knight

Mar 7, 2004
    Wedge,

The Columbus Toys R Us had the ARC-170 fighter today when I went by on my lunch break looking for trading card tins. I didn't count them, but I estimate they had 10-15 on the floor.

9. master_calloway

master_calloway Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    I think most K-Marts - not just the one in PC - are like that, with getting in very little. I live up here in Tuscaloosa, now, and there's very little selection between the K-Mart in Northport and Tuscaloosa.

Is it worth my time to try and get some of those small figures/game pieces for that game that looks a lot like Marvel's Hero Clix game? I'm not really interested in the game, just the characters.

You might have a decent time finding figures if you go to some of the smaller towns. I remember when AOTC came out, I went up to Valley to see what they had (as everything was well picked-over in Auburn/Opelika), and I had a bit of luck (I can't for the life of me remember what I was looking for, though).

10. ForceIsWithMe

ForceIsWithMe Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2005
    I HAVE ACTUALLY HAD PRETTY GOOD LUCK WITH THE TARGET IN COLUMBUS, ONLY BECAUSE LAST NIGHT WE FOUND A BLUE ROYAL GUARD HIDDEN UNDER A CLOTHES RACK...
    COULD SOMEONE PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH A SHORT LIST OF THE ONES THAT SEEM TO BE MORE DIFFICULT TO FIND? I SPENT LAST WEEKEND SICK, AND MISSED ALL OF THE EXCLUSIVES, BUT SOME OTHER HARD TO FIND ITEMS WOULD BE APPRECIATED...

11. Cosmic_Knight

Mar 7, 2004
    master_calloway, I have just started checking out the collectible miniatures game, and am not sure how far I will continue with it. The figures come in four levels: common, uncommon, rare, and very rare. A lot of the notable figures, like the powerful Jedi, are very rare. Since the expansion packs are randomized, this seems like it could get expensive really fast, unless you are trading or buying figures from someone instead of buying the packs.

ForceIsWithMe, what I wrote above still holds - all of the first 32 basic figures can be found fairly easily, except the royal guards, either color. You may have to visit 2 or 3 stores to find them, but it's not like you have to search all over town. Clonetroopers may be the next hardest to find, but I saw lots of them at Walmart yesterday. Also, the Toys R Us exclusive holographic Yoda goes on sale tomorrow.

Hope this helps! :)

12. wookieefanPJM

wookieefanPJM Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2005
    If you are interested in the Mpire M&M and are in COlumbus, the Macon Rd Walgreen's has them. They have Dark Chocolate Sith and Peanut Rebel Legion. I have not found them any place else. You can also link out to the M&M site http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/

and see all the food promos and the nascar stuff.

Books a Million along w/ tons of other places has the books and the games by Wizard of the Coast. I know Super Walmart in PC does. Um at BAM we are being shipped the Vader/Yoda Gumball machines and Bobble Pens. Since I work there, I knwo they have a cool 400 page color book. The DK visual dictionary is nice and going fast.

I have only purchased the preview Wookie Figure. (imagine that!)

Thanks

13. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    I've got the 1st 5 BK toys:

M. Falcon
    Solo in carbonite
    Luke
    Jabba
    Ewok - I think

14. WedgeAntilles1

Sep 16, 2002
    Well, I di get an ARC 170 at my wal-mart the other day. But I still have not seen a single figure past 32! I really want the clone commander, pilot, AT-TE gunner and a others. Have you guys seen any at all?
    Plus, they say deluxe wave two and figures 41 through 44 are starting to hit the shelfs. Any luck down there?

15. wookieefanPJM

wookieefanPJM Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2005
    I got 5 BK toys too, from the Macon Rd BK.

Han in Carbonite
    Jabba
    M. Falcon
    Chewie
    Luke Skywalker.

The Macon Rd BK, is limiting Adult puchases to two a visit and you have to buy food. The manager said they were getting it hard and since BK is advertising on Cartoon Network, the kids are nuts about them.

I will trade anything but the chewie for another chewie or a Tarful. I am going to keep purchasing until I get the ones I want. The ships are cool, though. I might get them.

16. Cosmic_Knight

Mar 7, 2004
    The 33-40 figures have shown up in the Columbus area. Another guy in our club has seen them all, and I personally have seen them all except the AT-TE Gunner. I picked up Vader's Medical Droid over a week ago and the Clone Commander, Pilot, and Palpatine (# 35 with red saber; haven't seen one yet with a blue saber) on Saturday. Some of the newer deluxe figures have been available, too, but I am not as familiar with the offerings there.

No BK toys yet, despite living next to a BK.

17. WedgeAntilles1

Sep 16, 2002
    I found a ton of Clone Commanders, pilots, Wookie warriors (both versions) and others a the Target in Newnan. Also saw Deluxe wave two. I got a clone Commander, Vulture droid, A pilot for my ARC fighter, and a jetpack trooper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.