main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge Of The Sith Score Discussion **Official Thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Drac39, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gungan_Sith_Lord

Gungan_Sith_Lord Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2002
    I loved the whole thing, but I have one lament

Where was "The Darkside Beckons"? The best cue in the whole dang trilogy...

2. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I wonder how a "full score" will sound like, because it was obvious that they used "The Phantom Menace" CD to score the final part of the Palp/Yoda fight. It worked wonders on the film, but we already have the full track. They even orchestrated the scene so Yoda falls just when the suite ends. I've listened to TPM CD countless times, I think I can tell the difference between different performances. It was the concert suite, (yet I'll be happy to be proven wrong).

3. Lord_Maul_the_Sith

Lord_Maul_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2005
    I agree. "Duel of the Fates" was a great score for the Yoda vs. Palpatine fight. I was kind of hoping it would be in the ROTS soundtrack, too. But I've been playing it nonstop since I bought it two days ago anyway, and I've already got the TPM soundtrack.

I think ROTS has some of the most emotional music I've ever heard in a film. It's definitely my favorite "Star Wars" soundtrack. Just goes to show you how the right tunes can catapult a scene from great to epic. I mean, come on, when Anakin and Palpatine are talking in the opera house, who else couldn't help but feel that deep foreboding and sense of dread when that single low note plays for so long? And "Battle of the Heroes" and "Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan" just send chills up my spine every time I listen to them (which, as I stated previously, is quite often).

4. Amipadalame

Amipadalame Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    I am asking this question because I am honestly seeking an answer, but I apologize if it has been dealt with somewhere else. This is my first visit here, and there is a lot of info. I'm sure.

Please does anyone know whether or not there is are or will be 'Full-Length' versions of the AOTC and ROTS Soundtracks? I really enjoy the TPM Ultimate Edition of TPM, and have been hoping for as the back of the Ultimate Edition CD says; "... every note of the original music that John Williams composed for ...". I am very much a fan of the music itself, and adore the films so any knowedge would be welcome.

Thank You!

5. nisomer

nisomer Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2004
    No they have not come out with the full-length versions for AOTC and ROTS as they did with TPM.

6. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I wonder how a "full score" will sound like, because it was obvious that they used "The Phantom Menace" CD to score the final part of the Palp/Yoda fight. It worked wonders on the film, but we already have the full track. They even orchestrated the scene so Yoda falls just when the suite ends. I've listened to TPM CD countless times, I think I can tell the difference between different performances. It was the concert suite, (yet I'll be happy to be proven wrong).

There is some evidence to suggest the choral portion of "Duel of the Fates" was newly recorded, while the orchestral portion was reused. At any rate, I've edited this together (smoothly - I believe this scene in the film was actually edited to fit the music!) and included the new "Yoda's Fall" music from the Star Wars Galaxies video game.

7. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Can anyone confirm that the AOTC UE is actually completed and just gathering dust? I heard it somewhere (in the AOTC UE thread, I think) and it had a link, IF I recall correctly. Can anyone corroborate this story so I don't think I'm crazy?

8. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Whcih track is playing during oredr 66? Ani's betrayel?

9. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    "Anakin's Betrayal" scores the Order 66 sequence.

10. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    When I first heard that track I didn't know what was happening over it and didn't think much of it. But when I finally saw the movie and heard it as the Jedi were being killed one by one I got very emotional. It's just incredibly sad to me now. And I disagree with some of you because I'm glad they FINALLY used the Arena music from AOTC. I thought it was awesome when I first heard it from the soundtrack and was disappointed when it wasn't in that movie. I thought it had a great, agressive feel that fit perfectly with the Clonetroopers. A bit of the Imperial March was at least used when we saw Vader and the Emperor on the bridge so I'm not upset. It's not heard ever during ANH for obvious reasons, so I'm glad it wasn't that prominent in this one.
    And even though I liked the original Conveyor belt track I can see why it wasn't used. It's a little too playful and jaunty. Across the Stars was used because it's basically Padme's theme and was used as her motif during the scene. I still think TESB has the greatest amount of unused music and I can see a reason why some of it was cut. The stuff they had playing over Luke running around with Yoda on his back was a little too light and "Nutcrackery" for example. The stuff that does make it is always great though.

11. jadailyTCU

jadailyTCU Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    Why is everyone saying The Arena wasn't used at all in AotC? It was used. Not much of it was used, and it was pretty far into the scene, but some of the theme is heard in that scene.

12. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    ...as the back of the Ultimate Edition CD says; "... every note of the original music that John Williams composed for ...".

Even though that is a blatant lie.

Look, I don't want to start the debate again. If you like the UE, fine. But that statement is simply not true, and that's an undeniable fact.

EDIT: Just realized that you are a new user, Amipadalame, and very well may not know about the UE. First off, welcome to the boards. :)

The UE presents the music as heard in the film. But that means edited, tracked, looped, cut, etc. There is a lot of music that Williams wrote for the film that had never been officially released on CD. Hence that Sony's statement is simply untrue.

Now people here debate often about listening to the music as heard in the film versus the music John Williams wrote and intended for us to hear. Personally, I think it's pretty easy to decide, but to each his own.

13. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    You can't imagine any of the emotion going with music you haven't seen on film. Well, you can, but it's not as easy or powerful sometimes. I would love to hear the unused music, but the few tracks I have heard soud very similar to what is in the film, so I can't see why so many people get bent out of shape over it. Like I said, I would love to hear his unused music, maybe even edited over the film, but priority needs to go to how it is heard in the film.

14. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    You can't imagine any of the emotion going with music you haven't seen on film. Well, you can, but it's not as easy or powerful sometimes. I would love to hear the unused music, but the few tracks I have heard soud very similar to what is in the film, so I can't see why so many people get bent out of shape over it. Like I said, I would love to hear his unused music, maybe even edited over the film, but priority needs to go to how it is heard in the film.

Really? I liked the Sith music much better before I saw the film. Then the film sucked and brought down the music for me. Now, when I listen, I have to try to not remember what was going on in the film to enjoy it.

The unused music isn't "very similar to what is in the film," not the Battle of Naboo music at least. I like listening to my home-made Battle of Naboo edit far more than the UE's version (or the OST's, which doesn't even incldue most of the music).

15. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I pretty much know where all the music goes in the film except the 2nd half of Track 13: Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious. I know the 1st half is Grievous' arrival on Utapau, but what's the second half.

16. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    The second half of "Grievous Speaks Top Lord Sidious" is heard when Obi-Wan sneaks aboard Padme's ship when she goes to Mustafar.

17. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Really? I liked the Sith music much better before I saw the film.

Wow. Now I see where you get all your bitterness from.

18. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    What bitterness?

19. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Nothing personal, sorry, I didn't mean it that way. It just explains your sort of, disapointed tone when discussing all things ROTS.

20. GreenWrinklyYoda

GreenWrinklyYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    If he dislikes ROTS so much, I don't see the point in being here. :p

Anyways...I can't stop listening to the soundtrack. I'm actually surprised that I want to listen to nearly all the tracks, which is a rarity to me.

21. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Please. I don't have to leave the Star Wars and Film Music board because I don't like the film Revenge of the Sith. I really do enjoy the score - I just don't think it's on the same level as those of the Original Trilogy (it's not as good as Menace either), and the film does NOTHING to enhance the listening experience for me.

22. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I really like the soundtrack. There are some great new themes.
    However, in my opinion this is the most different soundtrack from any of the films. I had expected to hear something that would bridge the two trilogies more instead of diverting from both of them.

23. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I'm with Cerrabore. The movie was awful. I think the score is the best Williams has done in years, though.

24. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "I pretty much know where all the music goes in the film except the 2nd half of Track 13: Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious. I know the 1st half is Grievous' arrival on Utapau, but what's the second half."

The second half is set to the night time aerial shots of Coruscant just before the "Ani, I want to have our baby back on Naboo" Padme and Anakin scene.

In the film, it segues into the start of the "Anakin's Dream" track with the violin.

But then again, maybe you're talking about what comes even after that and I have been no help at all. :p

25. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    I really do enjoy the score - I just don't think it's on the same level as those of the Original Trilogy (it's not as good as Menace either), and the film does NOTHING to enhance the listening experience for me.

I actually agree with you about the soundtrack. Menace had a great soundtrack, the only thing close to the OT so far.

But I really loved the film. I don't really understand why both you and Mastadge can hate it, but eh. It doesn't bother me in the least that you don't like it, it just explains some of your opinions regarding it.

I was under the illusion that eeeeevveryone loved it. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.