main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge Of The Sith Score Discussion **Official Thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Drac39, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nisomer

nisomer Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2004
    Yes, that is Grievous' theme. It's a cool little theme and I was wondering if you would agree or disagree with me on the first few seconds of Enter Lord Vader being Grievous' theme. I don't like how track 5 is called General Grievous, making it seem like it's his theme. His theme isn't even in the track!

Yes I agree that it seems like it would be apart of some sort of Grievous theme, I also totally agree about how they named track 5 General Grievous...

2. Wolverine

Wolverine Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 1999
    I don't stop here that often so maybe you already talked about this.
    But I really really love the music in the end when they play the funeral music in an orchestral arangement. That is not on the cd and I would love to have it...
    That was one of the best musical moments for me.

3. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I completely agree with Wolverine. The instrumental version of the funeral dirge with the imperial march playing counterpoint was the best musical moment of ROTS, and we don't even have it on CD!!!!

4. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    I wish the AT-RT Search cue was on the CD. Such a cool way to use Imperial March.

5. Tomtrek

Tomtrek Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
    Does anyone know the name of the theme that's played both when Obi-Wan and Anakin return from saving the Chancellor (before Obi-Wan calls Anakin the 'poster boy'), and also when Obi-Wan lands on Utapau (after the force theme)?

It sounds very much like it'd fit in with Indiana Jones, and itn't on the CD at all.

6. Neophool

Neophool Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2001
    THE GOOD:

Order #66 blew my mind.
    Padme's Ruminitions was great until the cheesy middle eastern gladiator rip off distracted me.
    Immolation scene was tremendous.

THE OK:

Duel of the Heroes: yeah, flame me, but I am not that into it. i'll give it time.
    Birth of the twins: distracting celeste.
    Opening space battle: great "fun" action cue. i suppose it fit the overall tone of the battle. RotJ space battle still owns this in my book.

THE BAD:

Anakin's march into the Jedi temple. ***?

Overall GREAT score, GREAT film. made me love Star Wars all over again.

BTW i heard the score for the first time with the film. I try to never listen to a score before i see it with the film. bought it when it came out, still ahd the wrapping on it until i opened it up after seeing the movie on the way home, and promptly found the order #66 cue and the immolation scene cue.

7. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001

While I think you will find that it is Battle of the Heroes, yeah, I completely agree with you. Not that great at all...

8. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I have changed the order on my ROTS Soundtrack when I play it on my computer to this..

1. Star Wars and The Revenge Of The Sith
    2. Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious
    3. Anakin's Dream
    4. General Grievous
    5. Palpatine's Teachings
    6. Grievous and the Droids
    7. Padme's Ruminations
    8. Anakin's Betrayal
    9. Anakin's Dark Deeds
    10. Enter Lord Vader
    11. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
    12. Battle Of The Heroes
    13. The Immolation Scene
    14. The Birth Of The Twins and Padme's Destiny
    15. A New Hope and End Credits

9. Lord_Maul_the_Sith

Lord_Maul_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2005
    Why'd you change the order? Is that how it plays in the film? 'Cause even though I love the song, I don't even remember "Battle Of The Heroes" being in the movie at all; I thought it was just like, made for the music video on the DVD that came with the soundtrack. If it was in the movie, could someone tell me what scene it's from?

And yes, as was stated above, I agree that the Padme's funeral dirge is one of the most emotional parts of the movie for me, and I was way pissed when it wasn't on the soundtrack. I can't understand why a part of an original film score isn't included in the original freakin' soundtrack. Damnable omission! Force chokes upon all responsible!

10. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    'Cause even though I love the song, I don't even remember "Battle Of The Heroes" being in the movie at all

It played during the last part of the duel, when they're fighting over the lava. Its hard to miss ;)

11. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    Battle Of The Heros is a concert arrangement, but is pretty much the same as music for the music for the end of The Duel.

This is as close to the film order you can get:

1. Star Wars and The Revenge Of The Sith
    2. Grievous and the Droids
    3. Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious
    4. Anakin's Dream
    5. Palpatine's Teachings
    6. General Grievous
    7. Padme's Ruminations
    8. Anakin's Betrayal
    9. Enter Lord Vader
    10. Anakin's Dark Deeds
    11. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
    12. Battle Of The Heroes
    13. The Immolation Scene
    14. The Birth Of The Twins and Padme's Destiny
    15. A New Hope and End Credits

JWfan.net has an even more exact breakdown....

ttbk

12. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    When, during Rots, does the music at 3:40 from Palpatine's Teachings play? I know that on JWfan.net it says that last 1:34 minutes of the track haven't been released....but I'm 99% sure I heard the music in the film somewhere.

13. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    2:28-end of "Palpatine's Teachings" are from the cue "Council Meeting," though about a minute of it has been deleted from the CD. Also, 4:12-end of the CD was dialled out in the film (and replaced with some tracked music).

14. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    Do you know which minute it was? (BTW, thanks for your help.)

15. jedi_driver

jedi_driver Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    I like the dark, dramatic parts of the soundtrack. Pieces like... (not necessarily in order):

- Battle of the Heros
    - Anakin's dark deeds
    - Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
    - Anakin's betrayal
    - The Immolation Scene

The choir in Anakin's Dark Deeds and Anakin's betrayal is bone-chilling and I'm glad that TPTB chose to go with the choir again like they did for the first time in RotJ.

Of course, as a Harry Potter fan, I just *love* John Williams' tiny hommage in "A New Hope / End credits". I wonder how many fans caught it?

16. Azanulbizar

Azanulbizar Jedi Master star 1

Nov 22, 2003
    I forgot to ask this right after I saw the movie last week, so I might not be remembering it correctly, but what is the theme that plays when we first see Kashyyk? (Not sure I spelled that right, either. :p) I think the part I'm thinking of comes as soon as the planet comes up on the screen, before the battle.

17. jadailyTCU

jadailyTCU Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    You mean the Trade Federation Theme? Or am I off my rocker?

18. nisomer

nisomer Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2004
    yeah it was the TF theme, the same one that was recorded during TPM and used in AOTC as well.

19. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    No, he's thinking of the Arena theme from AotC.

20. Son-Of-Suns

Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    I have not gone through the entire thread, but if off the top of their head anyone knows, what is the cue during the tale of Darth Plagueis?

Specifically the part I'm talking about is when Palpatine is saying:

"Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise he could use the force to influence the midichorlians to create... life."

I know it begins with Palpatine's Teachings but then it goes into a different cue that isn't on the Palpatine's Teachings track on the CD. Is this the part of Palpatine's Teachings that was unreleased? I'd post a sound clip of it to see if anyone knows, but I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to do that, but the cue reminds me of a slower version of one of the motifs in The Last Crusade.

And like that...he's gone.

21. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998

I absolutely love that cue. Unfortunately, it was edited out for the soundtrack.

22. Son-Of-Suns

Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    :(

Gives me something to isolate once the DVD comes out. ;)

And like that...he's gone.

23. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    I have a question!
    During win the movie when ani kills the seppies and palpie announces empire. What track is playing?

Another. When Ani marches on the jedi temple with all the clones what track si playing thanks!

24. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    Anakins Dark Deeds
    The Arena from AoTC.

25. Indiana_Fett

Dec 12, 2004
    How many times has the Kashyyyk/Jedi Temple March question been asked?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.