main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge Of The Sith Score Discussion **Official Thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Drac39, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Thank you very much! Now I have a litytle more questions. when in the movie is enter lord vader played?
    Or just is there some list on one of these million pages that have like each track and from what point in the movie to what point is each track like that? Cause when I'm listenign I'm thinking "oh know is when that happens" but then i'm not sure...

2. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Supposedly the beginning of that track never features in the film. I won't argue with that, as I don't remember hearing it either. The final part of the track, beginning with Vader's theme, plays when Anakin uses the Force to close the doors on the separatists on Mustafar, and then we cut to Yoda and Obi-Wan killing clonetroopers as the force theme plays. The Emperor's theme right at the end underscores the change of scene to the Senate, I believe.
    Part of the track (a little bit before the final statement of the force theme) accompanies Mace Windu's screams after having his hand lopped off.

3. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    The beginning of "Enter Lord Vader" sounds like Grievous's Theme. A lot of short cadences and fanfares were recorded for the Utapau lightsaber duel - this may be one of them.

4. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    can some one tell me the name music that is playing after order 66 montage when Bail is going of to save the remaining jedis and Obi Wan escapes Utapau.

5. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    I'm thinking the cue at the begining of Enter Lord Vader might score the duel between Grievous and Shaak Ti.

6. mikebg

mikebg Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2005
    I know that "Anakin's Dream" wasn't the only time "Across the Stars" played. I think it also played during some of the ending scenes, or at least in some of the really sad scenes toward the end. When were these particular scenes? And was the song actually just part of some new song for this movie? If so, which one?

7. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    "Across the Stars" features in:

"The Reunion of Anakin and Padme" (unreleased)
    "Anakin's Dream"
    "Padme's Ruminations"
    "A Moody Trip" (last part of "Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious)
    "Padme's Visit" (unreleased)

I'm thinking the cue at the begining of Enter Lord Vader might score the duel between Grievous and Shaak Ti.

When... WHEN would that possibly have happened?

8. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    It was a deleted scene. Shaak Ti was a prisoner on a Separtist cruiser and he either has a duel with her or kills her without mercy. I think it was to be seen if the Fuel Tank scene was in the movie as well.

9. mikebg

mikebg Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2005
    Thank you!

10. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I know that "Anakin's Dream" wasn't the only time "Across the Stars" played. I think it also played during some of the ending scenes, or at least in some of the really sad scenes toward the end. When were these particular scenes? And was the song actually just part of some new song for this movie? If so, which one?

There's a really powerful version of it towards the end of the film. I think it mixes with the Imperial March, too. Best use of Across the Stars in the entire series, but too short.

11. Chris_2Xtreme

Chris_2Xtreme Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2004
    At the part when Obi and Anakin are fighting across the pipes to the part when the lava in the background erupts behind the two.

Which song in the soundtrack is that from? or is it unreleased?

12. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I think its unreleased. Its a great cue.

13. Tomtrek

Tomtrek Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
    If you mean the varition on the BotH theme that plays after Duel of the Fates is over, it's called (or at least according to jwfan.com) "The Boys Continue" (probably a temp name, I'm sure any offical release would have a more Star Wars-y name).

It's a shame that it wasn't on the OST, as on that we get three pretty similar arrangments of the BotH theme (Battle of the Heros, Anakin vs. Obi-Wan and End Credits), where as the arrangement in this track has it in the lower brass (if I remember correctly), and it would have been nice to hear that.

Edit: Man, I need to learn how to spell. Urgh.

14. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    I can't read through all these pages, I got through about the first ten though and no one touched it.

Does anyone know why The Throne Room during the credits roll they butchered is so gosh darn slow? You could have fit that in much less time if you took the tempo up a little more. I bet they could have kept it in if they had fit it in 10 minutes instead of the 13 or 14 the orginal was. (dispite what some say about it not fitting, it would have been a neat)

On top of that, the trumpets sound very distant in the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan cue. The concert version sounds a lot brighter.

All in all though, I thought it was very well done. I expected some more themes from the original to be used, but I'm sure glad it wasn't all Imperial March blaring. Some of those cues, like the Immobilation scene...just breath taking. Very good way for Williams and the LSO to wrap up the series. (I found it neat that some of the staff of the orchestra participated in all 6 films)

~JW

15. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    There's a really powerful version of it towards the end of the film. I think it mixes with the Imperial March, too. Best use of Across the Stars in the entire series, but too short.

I don't remember this. The cue "Padme's Visit" contains Across the Stars and the Imperial March, but both brief statements, and not at the same time.

16. Tomtrek

Tomtrek Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
    I somehow got the feeling they played it slower as if to say "Look, it is a new recording, we didn't track the one from 1977 in! Honest!"

But Williams probaby had a better reason for it.

17. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    It sounds even better slower, IMO.

18. CTUBeaty

CTUBeaty Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    First of all I'd like to thank everybody in this thread for their help.

Basically, for my University degree I had to do an analysis of a film score. Unfortunately I onlt had just over a week to write it by the time we had finished our practical work, and this was the morning of the opening RotS day!

Consequently I analysed the score in the context of the film, and here is the link if anybody would like to read it?

http://www.geocities.com/episode3score/revenge_of_the_sith.pdf

Forgive me not knowing ALL of the tracked cues, or not recognising certain phrases from TPM etc, but it was a bit of a rush job.

Also if anybody would like to point out any mistakes I have made; please do (just don't tell my lecturer!)

Steve

19. jadailyTCU

jadailyTCU Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    I think this question has been answered elsewhere in this thread, but I have no idea where.

Where in the film does "The Dark Side Beckons" play? I know someone said it was in RotS, I just don't remember where.

20. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    It's not in RotS.

21. jedi_driver

jedi_driver Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    I was wondering if anyone of you knows what piece of music plays during the arrival of "Darth Vader" on Mustafar? The moment he walks into the room and does the force thing to shut down the doors? Is it on the Cd? Thanks in advance.

22. jedi_driver

jedi_driver Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Ok. I'm replying to my own post. The scene I mentioned very much sounds like "Enter Lord Vader", track 11. Am I right? The title itself would be a dead give-away.

23. Cerrabore

Jan 17, 2004
    Yes, it is "Enter Lord Vader." There are a few differences though: in the film, the first ten seconds of the track are not used, bass drums are overdubbed into the arrival at Mustafar scene, and a timpani roll precedes the statement of Vader's theme.

24. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    Where in the film does "The Dark Side Beckons" play? I know someone said it was in RotS, I just don't remember where.

You may be thinking of "The Clash of Lightsabers," the music from ESB when Vader Force tossed stuff at Luke, and breaking the window, causing him to get sucked out. If that be the case, it's featured quite prominently in the first half of "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan."

25. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Is it just me, or is the most beautiful piece of music in the entire film the small, loving statement of the Main Theme when Obi-Wan takes Luke to Tatooine?

Obi-Wan, holding Luke, on Tatooine, with the Star Wars theme playing. It was just PERFECT. I had to go home and watch ANH right away, even though it was 3 in the morning at that point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.