main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge Of The Sith Score Discussion **Official Thread**

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Drac39, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 00Kevin

00Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 23, 2002
    as the great Indiana Jones once said "I'm making this up as I go along" but what I mean to say is, does anyone think there is room for a new love theme/song whatever you wanna call it. but do you think there is a possibility?

2. 00Kevin

Jan 23, 2002
    sorry about that, 1st post wasn't showing up on my computer, not my day

3. Blast

Blast Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    >>>ROTJ-Luke/Leia<<<

Hows that a love theme?Theyre brother and sister man ewwwww.

Anyway I do not think that we need a love theme for EIII,its not necessary,ATS can be used.

4. 00Kevin

Jan 23, 2002
    blast:

perhaps, but last time I posted a poll about "best star wars love them" someone got mad because it wasn't on there, and besides, love theme can mean different kinds, between brother and sister, is that not love?

sorry, that sounded too sappy :(

5. Blast

Blast Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    Ahhh I thought you were talking about that "other" kind of love ;)

6. 00Kevin

Jan 23, 2002
    (croc dundee accent)No worries mate(/crod dundee accent)

no not THAT kind of mate :rolleyes:

7. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I think that Princess Leia's Theme or Luke & Leia can be considered "love" themes. It doesn't have to be a romantic love.

8. 00Kevin

Jan 23, 2002
    agreed, buit anywho, do you think this Idea is possible?

9. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Well, anything is possible. Could JW compose a new "soft" character theme or love theme? (Anakin's Theme or Yoda's Theme could fall into this category as well.)

Given the dark nature of Ep. III, and the fact that most of the main characters already have themes, I don't think it is very likely. It is more likely that we will hear the development of existing themes.

10. 00Kevin

Jan 23, 2002
    good point, then this is the end

looks up into space as han/leia theme plays

11. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    OK, while listening to ROTJ:SE just now, I decided that I think it might be cool to hear a version of the Emperor's Theme on a soft horn, like in The Battle Of Endor I at the 3:00 mark. The percussion in that cue is intriguing...

Perhaps a percussive transition into the IM out of that type of Emperor's Theme arrangement has potential. This might fit a moment where Anakin is tempted by Palpy/the Dark Side.

:)

12. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I am hoping that in Episode III, the Emperor's theme will get fully used as it was in ROTJ. With Sidious being such a background menace in the new films, his theme is not really seeing much play. If my suspicions are correct, Sidious and Palpatine will be revealed and I forsee some great opportunities to utilize the Emperor's theme.

13. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Well, I think that Sidious/Palpy will be revealed to the audience. Musically speaking, I would hope that will mean full presentation and use of the Emperor's Theme.

Now, slightly off-topic, a huge question is: Will Palpy's true identity ever be revealed to most of the GFFA? Certainly Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda should discover it during Ep. III, but will any of the other Jedi or Senators ever learn the secret?

OK, now back the regularly scheduled topic. :)

14. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Well, I would think so...especially because of the fear that he causes amongst the military. They know he is an awesome and frightening figure, one to avoid contact with at all cost.

So, my thought is that musically, it would be wonderful if there is a moment of realization for the characters within the film, where we see Chancelor Palpatine (in normal garb) and hear the emperor's theme (a la anakin in the confession scene with the IM solo in the horns). I think having the musical connection before having the visual will help to blend the two identities well...

15. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    I think there will be some kind of "revelation" scene, involving Anakin and perhaps Obi-Wan & Yoda. Maybe more than one scene (Anakin's may be separate.) Should make for some spine-chilling score. :)

Well, I would think so...especially because of the fear that he causes amongst the military.

Actually, the only Imperial who shows that fear is Moff Jerjerrod, when DV tells him the Emperor is coming to the DSII. Admiral Piett is unsettled when telling DV to contact Palpy, but I think that is fear of Vader. Tarkin's staff, for example, don't seem to be aware that the Emperor is a Sith (force-user). "How will the Emperor maintain control without the bureaucracy?" Would they even question this or Vader's "sad devotion to that ancient religion" if they knew Palpy was the Dark Lord of the Sith?

16. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    If there would be a Yoda & Palpatine confrontation (not necessarily a fight), I would like to hear a sort of combination of their themes.

A very victorious Sidious? theme (à la ROTJ throne room) and a very sad Yoda theme (à la Yoda's death).

Hearing those two opposite themes together would be great! :)

17. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    good points, Ken.

I am trying to remember what the statue at the end of ROTJ SE looked like....whether it had the robes or not. I can't remember...

//note to self, watch ROTJ//

:D :D :D

18. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    Well, since it is likely that no one other than Anakin and perhaps Obi-Wan & Yoda will ever see "Sidious", I don't think others in the GFFA will think much of Palpy wearing the cloak.

I'm wondering, though, if there might not be some kind of declaration of the Empire/coronation of Palpy that might be a great scene to score for JW...

19. TenorAprentice

Jul 19, 2002
    Totally!

That would be so neat...especially because most coronations historically have been heralded with a choral work. This would be such a neat transition for the Emperor's theme....somthing that hints of Augies but is deeper, grander, but not quite to the darkness of the theme as we hear it in ROTJ.

Great call, Ken!

20. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    It will be cool to have the choral components of the Emperor's Theme and DOTF, but I'm still hoping we get to hear a choral Force Theme...which would be awesome.

21. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    I was just thinking that it might be cool to hear a very bold statement of Qui-Gon's theme... maybe at a crucial moment with Obi-Wan/Anakin, or even Yoda, if he sees any action. Even more stated than Qui-Gon & Darth Maul Meet.

And/or a softer/melancholy cue, perhaps with an appearance or a "disappearing/one with the Force" revelation.

22. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Or is Qui-Gon's voice in Episode II a clue that we will see Qui-Gon in Episode III? If so then I would assume his theme will return. I love it so I am all for that! :)

23. Darknyte

Darknyte Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2003
    I'm hoping the score to this film will be very dark and powerful, as from what I would imagine Ep III's content matter will be much the same. I imagine very somber themes, lots of deep strings, perhaps bass and cello geting more and more powerful as it builds towards a great climax. Of course, that's what I hope to see anyways. As long as there's not ewok celebration themes like in RotJ I'll be happy; :p

24. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    For the Anakin/Obi duel I seriously hope they use something somewhat religious and militaristic. Like One-Winged Angel (orchestrated version) from Final Fanantasy VII. Change the french chanting the the sanskrit Duel of the fates stuff, and you've got a perfect peice of music!

25. General Kenobi

Dec 31, 1998
    "french chanting"?

?[face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.