main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge of the Sith Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by Darth-Seldon, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    This is in no way a spoiler.
    However if you want to avoid all mention of anything in the film, I would suggest that you not read further.

I don't know spoilers and this is not a spoiler board, so we can't discuss them here.

However we can discuss things within the trailer.

I saw it on TV and later online.
    I think the Original Trilogy is genius
    The Phantom Menace is good. It has faults but for the most part a good film.
    Attack of the Clones suffers from bad editing and an over use of CGI. I also don't like the fact that Yoda fights. With all of that aside, I still think it is a good movie.

I have no expectations of ROTS
    In fact, I'm afraid of what will happen in it.
    The book by Matthew Stover should be excellent but the animators sometimes get out of control. I have the greatest respect for George, yet I think a lot of the stupid things come about at the hands of the ILM guys.

Anyway to the trailer
    What I liked
    Seeing the droids in their OT look was great. The best part especially how they were in those famous white halls again.
    Excellent volcanic eruptions
    Padme, Obi-Wan and Palpatine all looked good.
    Mace Windu looked serious and ready.
    Chewie and his kin is going to be a great thing to see on the screen.

What I did not care for
    I hate Yoda with a lightsaber so that really was something negative about the trailer and the movie. Yoda in my mind is a silly, philosophical thinker who sits down and contemplates the structure of the universe. AOTC and probably ROTS have tried to change him and in my opinion for the worse. Any Jedi can pick up a sword and fight evil. Yoda should be above that. I just see the PT as slander against who Yoda is.

Sidious with a lightsaber looks beyond foolish. In a similar way to Yoda, it just seems wrong.

The CGI needs to be improved with the space battles. It did not quite look right.

Other than that I look forward to seeing the film.

Discuss

-Seldon

Edit: Don't get me wrong, it is a rare occasion for me to bash Mr. Lucas. His films like THX, TESB, and ANH are true works of genius. My problems with the PT comes from the animators at ILM.

Kate edit: Please mask any spoilers/discussion of the trailer until Monday. Then we can have general discussions of the trailer, but we ask that until then, you mask your comments. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.