main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge of The Sith - The soundtrack is here!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_Imran, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Hey up guys. I'm in the UK, and the official soundtrack was released over here today. And what a package it is.

Obviously, I won't go into the details of the tracks, but rest assured, this is some of Williams's best work to date. The soundtrack is emotional, powerful and equally high-octane through the use of a chorus. Overall, a fantastic musical end to the SW saga.

The bonus DVD is equally impressive. There are a total of 16 music videos from the entire saga, all of which are brilliantly introduced by he Emperor himself, Ian Mcdiarmid. His introductions are insightful and act as summaries of key events that transpire throughout the saga. Mcdiarmid sits in what appears to be Abbey Studios.

The DVD has a running time of about 70 minutes, and I watched almost every single video (expect "A Hero Falls", which is actually nicely mirrored by "A Hero Rises" from TPM). Out of the videos that I saw, I loved "A life Redeemed" that acts as a summary of Anakin's life.

Overall, fantastic stuff, and I can't wait to hear this music along with powerful imagery at the cinema in a few weeks. The soundtrack is anything to go by, ROTS is going to be the best episode of the entire saga.

2. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    Awesome, I can't wait for it to come out here in Canada.

Are the majority of the videos on the DVD non-Episode 3 ones? I'm guessing they span the entire saga. Also, does "A life Redeemed" have Ep3 footage in it? Basically just trying to figure out which ones are safe to watch in avoiding Ep3 footage.

3. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    The soundtrack comes out tomorrow (5/3) for us in the States. So right after school my dad will take me to go pick up a copy. I just hope they don't sell out. [That would be bad.]

I don't plan on taking it out of the package though. As I want to wait until after May 19th to listen to the soundtrack. And that way I'll also have the weekend to see the DVD.

4. Darth_Imran

May 30, 2002
    Are the majority of the videos on the DVD non-Episode 3 ones? I'm guessing they span the entire saga. Also, does "A life Redeemed" have Ep3 footage in it? Basically just trying to figure out which ones are safe to watch in avoiding Ep3 footage.

Yes, all of the videos do indeed span the entire saga from start to finish. If memory serves, most of the videos are ROTS footage free. "A Life Redeemed" however has a few shots from ROTS, but all of them have been seen in the trailer itself. I was far too busy listening to the music for most of the other videos (and taking in the info provided by Mcdiarmid) upon watching the DVD for the first time, so I'll check it out again and let you know if any other videos use ROTS footage. Even if they do, however, it'll only be the odd shot here and there that we've seen on the trailers before.

5. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    Great, thanks! One more question ... is the DVD in a seperate case, or is the CD jewel case one of those ones that holds 2 discs?

6. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I just bought it.

I don't intend on listening to the music (or even reading the tracklisting), but i did like to watch the videos - quick question, i've seen the trailers + tvads, will some footage/dialogue spoil me further?

Thanks in advance

- O_F

7. Darth_Imran

May 30, 2002
    Great, thanks! One more question ... is the DVD in a seperate case, or is the CD jewel case one of those ones that holds 2 discs?

It comes in a jewel case that flips open to hold two CDs. I checked as many different stores as possible, and all of them had the same version.

quick question, i've seen the trailers + tvads, will some footage/dialogue spoil me further?

I've not watched the ROTS video, but I've heard that about 80% of it is footage we've seen. However, people that have seen it have said that the new footage is so cool that it's best to leave it until opening night. In other words, certain clips are best experienced for the first time at the cinema.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    There's a couple of REALLY cool shots you should wait for, and one shot that reveals a fairly major spoiler.

I would hold off on "A Hero Falls" until May 20th. ;)

Of course, you could always cue up "Battle of the Heroes" on the soundtrack adn then watch the teaser and trailers on mute.

9. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Ok

So out of all the videos which ones contatin new music and new footage?

Is it just "A Hero Falls"

I hope that this is the case because I really want to watch this.

So any spoiler avoidance advice would be appreciated.....and if it is loaded then tell me that to then I will just put it in a box with the CD

10. Darth_Imran

May 30, 2002
    I've watched all of the videos except "A Hero Falls". All of them have no new music, but "A lIfe Redeemed" does have a few shotd from ROTS in it. None of the shots are new, however.

11. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    So we are safe to watch the majority of this DVD then?

What about the menus? Are they safe as well?

Thanks

12. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Wahoo, it's Tuesday!!!! I don't think I'll be paying attention today in school as my dad will be picking me up after school so we could go straight to a store to get the ST.

13. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I watched all of the videos except for "A Hero Falls"

IMO, they're just alright with "Duel of the Fates" and "Rise of a Hero" standing above the rest with Kaminoan necks.

- O_F

14. Darth_Imran

May 30, 2002
    I thought the "A Life Redeemed" video was awesome. If only for the flash backs it shows of Anakin's life.

15. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I downloaded and watched A Hero Falls yesterday. But, I skipped over the spoiler part.

I listened to the entire soundtrack after I bought it last night (AWESOME!), and I'm planning on watching the DVD today.

16. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I just got, is the DVD spoilery?

17. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    The ROTS video on the DVD is more like an extended trailer. Most of the footage is from the already-released trailers but extended slightly to fill out the longer running time. There are a couple of rather cool stunts (one jaw dropping one featuring Obi-Wan) that you may want to save as a surprise, but a majority of the footage you've already seen if you've watched any of the trailers. It's also rumored that the video contains a major spoiler which I didn't see, but I'll refrain from watching the video again for fear that I might pick up on it the second time.

18. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Just got finished watching the DVD. "Battle of the Heros" really is an amazing track, it fits right in, and is actually one of the more powerful pieces.

I enjoyed it overall, except I wish there was more ROTS stuff, especially in the ones that really call for it (Luke/Ani-Padme/Redemption had a couple shots)... not because I want to see more now, but because the "musical journey" just isn't complete without a huge piece of the puzzle- Episode III. I probably would have rather waited for the movie to come out so it could include more shots than get it in advance.

The only thing that really bugged me was in the Luke piece when they mentioned "this was your father's lightsaber" they cut to a shot of AOTC Anakin (which was really cool) but he was on Geonosis, NOT using his own saber. Why do that?

But, for what they were, I loved the prequel ones, Luke/Leia and A Life Redeemed especially.

19. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Just have to ask:

On the DVD, which of the videos have E3 spoilers in them? (big or even small ones)

20. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Only, "A Hero Falls".

21. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Okay thanks.

I had been debating on wheather or not I should take it out of the package wrap. (Unless I'm just real careful to where I don't look at the inside of the CD cover, listen to the CD, or watch A Hero Falls then everything should be okay.)

22. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I watched the spoiler in A Hero Falls, and I have to say that I do not, in any way, feel spoiled. That's just my opinion and/or perspective, though.

That being said, for those of you who are not HCSF, you can watch A Hero Falls. Durwood is correct...there is a little bit of new (cool) footage, but most of it has already been in the trailers/TV spots.

It is easy to overlook the spoiler (as a matter of fact, I'm impressed anyone could see it with out frame-by-framing it). But, to be sure, it is extremely easy to close your eyes at the specific time and miss it, as it is only a second long. If anyone would like to know the specific timestamp where the spoiler is so that you can avoid it, I can tell you, or you can check out the Battle of the Heroes thread: here.

23. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Is it just me, or does TPM look a lot better here than in the DVD?
    Also, some AotC shots look crisper and more detailed...

24. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    My favorite track is "Padme's noble end" ;)

25. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    It's also rumored that the video contains a major spoiler which I didn't see, but I'll refrain from watching the video again for fear that I might pick up on it the second time.

At least I'm not the only one. :p I didn't notice anything but I'm also not watching it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.