main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge of The Sith - The soundtrack is here!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_Imran, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeletor8

skeletor8 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    NorCalBirdz....not @#$(*&ing cool!!! Seriously.

2. Kesel

Kesel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1999
    I listened to the soundtrack and have to say John Williams once again delivers the goods. I don't know any of the track names (spoiler free till the 19th!) but overall the music was very emotional and eriee. Can't wait to see which one they use for "The Duel" as I honestly couldn't pick out which one it would be.

3. Harlowe Thrombey

Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    He's just kidding, obviously. Just giving props to the most spoilerific title to a track ever.

4. Kesel

Kesel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1999
    So my brother is watching the DVD right now and "A Hero Falls" is playing. I've turned my head away but all I hear is "Awesome!" and "Oh wow!". This is getting difficult...

5. skeletor8

skeletor8 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    Harlowe Thrombey, I am aware of that track name from TPM as that was probably my introduction into being spoiled for a movie. The objection to that post is that you could take his post as both satire on the previous title and as a spoiler...which it may or may not be. Hence, the pretty negative reaction to his post. Maybe I am being uptight due to lack of sleep, but it seemed pretty uncool to me. If he does not know one way the other and is making a joke, then I guess that I took it the wrong way.

6. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Well I managed to open up my Soundtrack. I only watched some of the DVD though and I've got to say it is amazing! I skipped "Hero Falls" and managed to watch up to "Defender Emerges." So far Ian does a great job.

I definately recommend it for any incoming Star Wars fans as he takes you through the entire thing. Truly worth it!

7. SHADOW_KILL

SHADOW_KILL Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2001
    I just finished watching the DVD.

You know the movie/soundtrack is brilliant when it still gives you goosebumps after so many years!!

I skipped A Hero falls (although I caught about 2 seconds of video... very nice video I might haha). It's going to be hard trying not to listen to the cd knowing it's right here! It's still hard to believe that my Star Wars soundtrack saga has now come to an end...

8. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    I got the soundtrack today. Sounds like all of you are watching the DVD. Aw heck, now I want to dig in and see it. But then it leave temptation to listen to the soundtrack. lol

To leave in wrapper or unwrap....that is the question.

9. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I plan to buy the soundtrack once I get some money. I have the CD itself (<3 bootlegs) but not the DVD. Plus, I want to contribute to John Williams. ;)

10. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    What track number is "Battle of the Heroes" (or whatever it's called :p)?

I'm even staying away from looking at the track titles...

11. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Damon, it's track number 3.

However, I wouldn't open the entire CD in WMP since it'll provide you with a listing of every single track. Plus, the listing of tracks is all messed up in WMP.

12. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Much appreciated =D=

13. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Sure thing man.

It's really wired. If you open the entire CD using WMP, you get a really odd listing of tracks. Certain tracks have different names, and they're all ordered differently. Most surprisingly, there are even tracks listed in the WMP listing that don't appear on the actual CD. :eek:

14. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I watched the entire DVD yesterday. It was good. :)

My sister (who is all about staying away from spoilers) never caught the spoiler that's in the A Hero Falls video. I didn't catch it myself either, I only saw it after people here pointed it out. So I was happy she didn't see it and start yelling that this video had spoilers in it. :p

I enjoyed it overall, except I wish there was more ROTS stuff, especially in the ones that really call for it (Luke/Ani-Padme/Redemption had a couple shots)... not because I want to see more now, but because the "musical journey" just isn't complete without a huge piece of the puzzle- Episode III. I probably would have rather waited for the movie to come out so it could include more shots than get it in advance.

I said the exact same thing yesterday! I think they maybe should have released this either with the ROTS dvd, or if they come out with an extended soundtrack after the movie is released, put this dvd with that. Some of the videos would have done really well with more ROTS shots. I think the example I used when I told my sister this was the Across The Stars video (I forget the name of it). That would have been fantastic with more of Ani & Padme from Episode 3.

15. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    I was tearing up at the end credits. :(
    And guys. The track names do not spoil anything. Not like TPM did. Just normal titles.

16. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Yes, but some people do not like to associate the music with a particular part of the movie. The ambiance of the score can give away much information about a particular scene.

17. qui_gon_jinn_83

qui_gon_jinn_83 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    Got this today, and watched the DVD through. I think it's really well done, and Ian is nice as a host.

My favourites were:
    "Dark forces conspire"
    This one is just alltogether very powerful I think. Duel of the Fates is still the best piece from the PT I think.

"A fateful love"
    Didn't really expect this, but this one really got to me. Just having Across the stars play while showing Anakin and Padme together... Very sad.

"An unlikely alliance"
    This one is so great with the second half being the Cantina music. Very fun, and I like the alien "montages". Did you guys spot George in there also? Haha.

"A bond unbroken"
    I liked that they included a video about Luke and Leia here. It conveys the brother/sister relationship really well.

"A new day dawns"
    Just happy in all its cheesiness! And I just love the Throne room music.

I did catch the spoiler in "A hero falls". I guess it was some kind of morbid curiosity. I don't really feel all that spoiled by it, but I do advise everyone who hasn't seen it to wait until the film is released.

18. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    OKay, I broke down and watched the DVD. I needed something good to watch and I've been so busy all week. Anyways, I was so impressed with the DVD, the pictures in the opening menu and just overall with the video edits. I stayed away from "A Hero Falls," just like a good spoiler free person should. I just wish there was more PT stuff in it, seriously. Maybe I feel that way because I've seen the OT so many times but I feel like the PT should have been given more videos too. I liked the blending but I think that will come more after ROTS.

Ekenobi, I teared up several times during the whole piece. Not just the end. I'm definitely bringing kleenex to ROTS. I'm going to cry a heck of lot more than I previously thought. :_|

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    DamonD is hardcore.

He r0x0rs. :D

The funny thing is, I have seen it all, read it all, heard it all - EXCEPT for the last song/end credits.

That's the one thing I'm saving for opening night, because I know I'll get all teary-eyed when I hear it.

20. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Does anyone know what the Target exclusive track is?
    It's downloadable apparently :p

21. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Well nevermind. It was a radio exclusive version of BotH with dialogue and sound effects.
    I went to get it, but the page didn't load properly. So I refreshed, clicked it again, but apparently somewhere in netland it registered my previous clicking and said the content was already downloaded.
    In other words, I got jack because of my computer.
    Sucks to be me :/

22. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    did anyone comment yet on how they seemed to have "fixed" the light sabers in the ep.IV footage?
    it looks great i wish the dvd was like that.....

23. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I watched AHF and didn't really feel spoiled. Maybe I'm not hard core enough! Either that or I'm just dense and didn't catch it.

Man, now I don't want to watch it again... but I do... but I don't... ahhhhhh!

24. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    The DVD is excellent. TPM looks really good in quality as well. Wow gets my hyped up about Star Wars. I won't listen to the RotS soundtrack or look at the songs, just wanted a taste of the videos.

BEWARE of the Videogame trailer, I think it might have spoiled me. I should have never tried to poke my eyes at it :(

25. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I noticed that also, MYMUTHAZ. The Return of the Jedi sabers still looked problematic, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.