main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

REVENGE OF THE SITH!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by ImperialMarchFace, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Hewie you took my LotR comparison. :mad: :p

My first thought was "but now there's two of the's in a row!" But then I thought about Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy with The Fellowship of the Ring, and The Return of the King and it didn't seem so wrong. Tolkien (a guy no one would argue had a lack of imagination gave us the same phrase in two titles as well as the title of his saga.

Revenge of the Sith couldn't be more perfect.

2. Padawan_Lamer

Padawan_Lamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    RETURN OF THE JEDI
    ATTACK OF THE CLONES
    REVENGE OF THE SITH

COOOOME OOOOON!!!

There has got to be something better suited for this title! It has no creativity....

This coming from the one with "of the" in his username. The irony reeks.

Holy crap... now why exactly does it have NO creativity because it has "of the" in the title? Why do those words have any effect on the creativity of the title when they really have nothing to do with the subject or content? What if the title for Ep III was the one he thought of first when doing the PT? We all know SW Insider hinted at it in '97 when they put the same words smack dab on the cover.

Personally I thought The Creeping Fear sucked azz. Sounds like the stench of a SBD fart creeping across a room after someone has had some bad Taco Bell.

3. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    Got the RotS icon! :D

EDIT: Forget the previous edit. :p

4. LordOfTheSiths

LordOfTheSiths Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2004
    Monger....

You must be very proud.

;)

5. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Nothing beats a donut-chomping Stormtrooper... :cool:

6. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Nice icon... [face_thinking]

7. Usta_La_Forca

Usta_La_Forca Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2004
    Nothing beats a donut-chomping Stormtrooper...

"We may have located the hole, sir!"

8. LordOfTheSiths

Jun 29, 2004
    This coming from the one with "of the" in his username. The irony reeks. Lamer

I've been waiting for someone to point that out. Personally I thought ShaneP would be the first.

I never said I was creative! Hmmmm....maybe I shoud start titling Star Wars Movies.....hmmmm.

9. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    "We may have located the hole, sir!"

I could come up with some sexual innuendos for that one :p

10. LordOfTheSiths

Jun 29, 2004
    I could come up with some sexual innuendo for that one

The Pope could come up with sexual innuendos for that one!

11. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    But that would be very sinful of him! :_|

12. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Not in this Forum you can't. ;)

13. LordOfTheSiths

Jun 29, 2004
    Not in this Forum you can't

Than I guess it's a good thing we're not the Pope!!

14. Usta_La_Forca

Usta_La_Forca Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2004
    I could come up with some sexual innuendos for that one

I'm wrought with shame for bringing it up, and take full responsibility for all responses made and the harm it may cause to all of the puberty-stricken people who read them.

Anyways,

Those Troopers sure are an inquisitve bunch of sex deprived, women stalking, hormone infested, dirty little nerfherders, aren't they?

Well at least they're wearing protection.

15. Padawan_Lamer

Nov 12, 2002
    Wow... this one got off topic quickly!

BOT - I love that title!

16. PessimistPanaka

PessimistPanaka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2004
    If Lacas and Co were looking to Old School up this film, naming it Revenge of the Sith is the capper. I am 1000% psyched to see this thing already. I get chills seeing all of the titles in line (the weakest being Attack of the Clones, though I do like the title).

17. The_Force_is_GONE

The_Force_is_GONE Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2004
    Revenge of the Sith? Well, at least Lucas is batting 1.000 when it comes to making crap titles for the rest of the movies. Revenge? What are they getting revnge for? Because as I recall this whole Dark Side thing happened when a Jedi found out about it, then was banished and then found the Sith planet or something and taught some of them these powers and then maybe a few other Jedi followed suit and so on, but mostly they wiped themselves out. So what they have to get "revenge" for I'm not quite sure. What I am sure about is that Lucas should have kept all this crap he's been putting out the last 7 years in a jar and buried somewhere on the ranch. But anyway, here's to this abomination of a franchise finally being put to sleep. Thank God I still have the OT on tape and can enjoy these movies the way they were.

18. Darthettes_Revenge

Darthettes_Revenge Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2004
    ZZZZZZZZZ...... I-)

19. PessimistPanaka

PessimistPanaka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2004
    There you go! Refuse to enjoy anything! Kick puppies! As for me, i intend on watching only the DVD versions and ponying up most of my salary over the course next May.

20. Padawan_Lamer

Nov 12, 2002
    The_Force_Is_GONE - are you EV-69 trying to make it seem like more people really hate this title? Hate to break it to you, but it is wildly popular.

21. The_Force_is_GONE

Jul 26, 2004
    It's not that I refuse to enjoy these movies, I just can't in comapring them to something that was made almost 30 years ago with a fraction of the budget. Lucas has changed and modified so many things starting in Episode I to fit his revisionist "vision" that he's screwed up most of the current trilogy. And go ahead and blow your salary on all the marketed crap that will be put out. I'm sure Lucas and McCallum will love you for it. Let me know when they send you a Thank You card for lining their pockets.

22. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    For someone who claims to be confused, you seem to know alot more than the average moviegoer. What do you need to know before seeing this movie?

Darth Maul called for the Sith's Revenge back in Phantom Menace, the title dovetails this and Return of the Jedi nicely. Pablo has told us that we will learn something of recent Sith history in the film. What do we really need to know to make you happy with the title?

The Sith were forced into hiding and blame the Jedi. That may or may not be true any more than Anakin blaming Obi-wan for his mother's death. They get the ultimate revenge when the Jedi realize they've been played for saps all along. The Clone Army turns on them, the leader of the Republic is the Sith Master, and their shining star Pupil Anakin is stolen from them and used as a tool to destroy them.

Looks like the Sith get their revenge afterall.

23. Darthettes_Revenge

Darthettes_Revenge Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2004
    God, you're depressing.... EDIT...that was to FIG....lol....love those initials, Force....

24. Padawan_Lamer

Nov 12, 2002
    NOW it makes sense!

25. The_Force_is_GONE

Jul 26, 2004
    Padawan_Lamer, I know it's "wildly popular". Just like all the other crap that is fed to you clones from Lucasfilm is "wildly popular". I'm sure the DVDs will be "wildly popular" even though (supposedly) Lucas is deleting Sebastian Shaw from even having been in it, adding Natalie Portman to a scene she has no buisness in, and removing whoever played the Emperor in "ESB". And I'm quite sure most of the current Star Wars fans who are blind to such changes will keep kissing their little Jar-Jar in battle fatigues figures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.