main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

REVENGE OF THE SITH!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by ImperialMarchFace, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 103728103

103728103 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2003
    I can hear the Imperial March and Emperor's Theme Already.Great title. Isn't it what we all hoped for?

2. tjpint1975

tjpint1975 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2004
    SO, how many months until it becomes RETURN of the Sith? Just after we've bought everything with Revenge on it? Or maybe for the very first time, George will give us everything we've wanted in a Prequel, the name, the battles, the wookies, and THE FINAL DUEL.

3. AnaKanned_Food

AnaKanned_Food Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 20, 2003
    I think I can hear a simultaneous orgasm across the world in the Star Wars fan community... One can just barely hear it if they go outside...

4. CaptainTypho

CaptainTypho Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    I like it a lot, even if predictable.

Fanboyish? Good. I think Episode 3 is going to be THE fanboy movie, with all the stuff we've always wanted to see and more!

5. myelin2

myelin2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    Briilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FInally a GREAT title!!!!

Ties in perfectly with the OS and Ep 6. Brings meaning to Mauls line in Ep 1

LOVE it---ALWAYS Loved it! YEEHAA!

6. NoCloneTheories

NoCloneTheories Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2003
    People who are complaining about there being two "of the's" in the title are ridiculous. Lack of creativity? Please. All the fan titles I see that are "creative" and adhere to "rules" like no "of the's" in a row usually come up with crap titles like the Winds of Destiny or Evil of the Dark Side. Revenge of the Sith is an awesome title bcause it speaks to a key element of the fim which has not been spoiled at all, which is the history of palp's plan. This makes me believe rumblings that a whole lot more mythology is coming at us than we previously suspected.

Anyway, take all those title rules and throw them out the window because they were always fanboy nonsense to begin with. Revenge of the Sith is the title ofthe last Star Wars movie ever, and that is a good thing!

7. Night_Sky

Night_Sky Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2003
    Woo Hoo! I just logged on to see if anything was going on -- I usually miss all the good stuff.

'ROTS' is going to be too tempting I think for the SW bashing press, though. [face_devil]

I just read that Ewan was spotted last week in Calgary, Canada and is now motoring towards Minneapolis and Chicago -- I wonder if any reporters will collar him along the way to ask what he thinks about Revenge of the Sith?;)

Except this time around he'll probably know they're referring to the new title, and he'll probably like it, so no fun there. ;) :p

8. ome

ome Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2004
    i prefered rise of the empire...though this was my second choice...

9. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    SO, how many months until it becomes RETURN of the Sith? Just after we've bought everything with Revenge on it? Or maybe for the very first time, George will give us everything we've wanted in a Prequel, the name, the battles, the wookies, and THE FINAL DUEL.

ROTJ was changed because Jedi do not get revenge. Sith do get revenge. Therefore, there would be no reason to change the title. I think the best part about it is that it ties in with Maul's line about revenge in TPM quite well, and even though it is stikingly similar to the ROTJ title, it also serves as a nice connection between the two most important films of the saga. :cool:

10. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I love the title.

Yeah, it's predictable........predictably great!

11. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    hehe, I can already see the casual audience thinking:

"What's a Sith?"

12. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    I'm on cloud nine right now, this has been such a great day to be a SW fan! I love the title. Bring on ROTS!

13. NoCloneTheories

NoCloneTheories Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2003
    I also think it's funny that people complain that it's been guessed too many times, or whatever. So what? Lucas should choose the title he prefers, not base it on what fans think. I think it's great that he acknowledged that some fans guessed it but he's using it anyway because that's the title the film iss supposed to have.

It's amazing. Do something different, anjd people say you aren't honoring your fans. Do something at the suggestion of your fans, and you're pandering. Pick the same title that many of your fans do, but stick to your guns and use it anyway, and you're "boring".

There really is no pleasing some people.

14. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    Yes, now I can plan accordingly.

15. HunterRex

HunterRex Jedi Grand Master

Feb 6, 2001
    FINALLY!!! For over 20 years, I've wondered what each Star Wars movie would be called. And now the moment is finally here.

So now I just need to see the movie, Revenge of the Sith. Is it May yet?

16. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    I knew it all along.

And for once, I'm not lying! :D

17. Dani1138

Dani1138 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 20, 2002
    It's okay, but just doesn't have the same ring as "Rise of the Ewoks"... Oh well... :p

18. SithHolocron

SithHolocron Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    Now that we know the title, we can bootleg some tickets [face_devil]

19. Fitten trim

Fitten trim Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 1999
    So far, so good!

This is a title which won't cause any groans.

20. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    It's okay, but just doesn't have the same ring as "Rise of the Ewoks"... Oh well...

Better than Rise of the ...

nevermind! :D

21. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    //title of Episode III revealed to be Revenge of the Sith//

[image=http://www.mishalov.com/images/guinness_star.jpg]

Old Ben: "I've felt a great disturbance in the Force. It's as-if a million fanboys had a simultaneous, screaming orgasm of excitement, and then were suddenly silenced. I feel something incredible has happened. You better get on with your exercises."

22. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    "At last we will have our revenge." - Darth Maul

Of course, I don't like it, but it fits.

I mean, nobody liked "Attack of the Clones" until it came out.

23. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! Hot DAMN!!!!! [face_dancing]

I've already placed an order for that black ROTS t-shirt from the OS! Guess what I'm a wearin' to Celebration III and opening night!! :cool:

24. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Great Title!

25. Darkwish

Darkwish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2001
    Finally...I am redeemed. I got it right years ago!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.