main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO REVENGE OF THE SITH

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by clonedmenace, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    WOOOHOOO, who's excited?!? :D

2. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Not my favorite title but I saw a lot of others that were much much worse ;)

3. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    Side note: last time I saw one of those smileys, it definitely did not move... so I was reading your post and saw it animating out of the corner of my eye... freaked me out a little. lol.

I'm very excited about the movie, only 299 days to go! except the acronym, "ROTS," is less than flattering... lol

4. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    The smiley probably didn't animate before because it was probably several posts into a thread. The smileys are only animated for the first 15-20 posts ina thread. At least that's what I was told when the new emoticons were added.

EDIT: and yeah ROTS isn't exactly the greatest acronym.

5. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    wow, learn something new every day... tee hee

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, when they started moving when the new emoticons were added, I totally freaked out. Then I started seeing things like [face_cow] around and it just seemed very surreal. I'm used to it now. I love this face --> o_O

I was completely stoked when I heard about RotS being the title. It's the one I've been hoping for. I think the reason they went ahead and announced it is because many fans had thought of it as a possible title since the PT started again. It makes perfect sence because there was no 'Revenge of the Jedi' because Jedi don't take revenge. But boy, do Sith ever [face_devil]

I like the title because it's a really dark closing to the trilogy. Also, I love that 'Sith' got in the title (despite the fact that the layperson doesn't know what a Sith is :p). It makes the saga seem more like an epic battle between these two opposing powers for good and evil. Then when the Jedi have their 'Return', it's just awesome :cool:

Had it been something like 'Rise of the Empire'... I don't know, that would have been ok, but to me the presence of the Sith themselves and their desecration of the Jedi is much more important than a fairly irrelevant power shift in the government. Sure, the Empire is more oppressive than the Republic, but it's not like the Republic was exactly great either.

-sj loves kevin spacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.