main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge of the Sith

Discussion in 'Archive: Slavic Countries General Discussion' started by Amon_Amarth, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    So, today is May 18th. Not even 24h and the mistery of the final chapter in the Star Wars saga will be revealed. :)

How did the cinemas in your countries prepare for this event? What are your thoughts after first viewing?Are you dissaappointed or amazed?
    lets make this official ROTS thread in our forum. :)

2. Darth_Fizyk

Darth_Fizyk Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2003
    We've prepared a big Event, and we get tickets for our group for free :D
    And about the film itself... I'm amazed :D
    I was almost crying, when the ORder 66 was executed, and the only thing, I wasn't glad to see... I mean the way, it has been shown, was the Death of Mace Winu, and his cries after he had his hand cut off.

BTW. have You noticed that YT-1300? :D

3. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    WOW! The film is brilliant!!! Still, I?ve got this feeling something was missing, though. Something 'starwarsish'... Perhaps it was all too rushed up. There should be at leats 3 hours for Episode III. It is the final chapter in the saga, after all.

Details after May 23rd.

4. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    I've heard rumours, that You can found on the internet, in p2p uncut version of E3... 197 minutes... :D

But now I'm reading book, and it's even much better than film :D

5. handzik

handzik Jedi Master star 5

Aug 20, 2002
    I loved it! I've seen it 2 now, and it was more emotional the scond time becuase I knew how it would end. I had tears in my eyes for like half the movie :p
    I can't wait for the dvd :D it'll have all the cut scenes plus a bunch of other cool features :D

6. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    We in Bulgaria watched it on May 18-th at 00:01,before that we walked on the streets wearing Jedi/Sith Robes and took lightsabers,it was super,and reporters came!!
    Today I watched it for the third time ! :D

7. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Uncut version?!?
    Wow! I've got to look for that! :D

handzik; I'm glad I'm not the only one who cried during the RotS. I never cried during the films, but this one was special!

8. Jedi_Caesar

Jedi_Caesar Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Well here in Croatia we watched on may 18th about 22.00.The movie was freaking brilliant.The sadest part of the movie was the executing of Order 66.Even being surprised and outnumbered the Jedi fought gallantly.Especially Ki-Adi Mundi and Mace Windu..
    The sadest part for me was when the clones shot down Aayla secura from the back and then they kept shooting at her while she was still on the floor.I watched it three times and every time there was a tear in my eye during that scene.

Sith bastardz!

9. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    As they say: Sith happens ;)

10. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Anyone seen RotS more than once?

11. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    I watched it in cinema 5 times :cool:

12. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    I've seen it three times in Cinema :)

13. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Five times?!? Wow! =D=

I've seen it only twice. The cinema in my city is still showing it, so I might go and watch the movie again, while I still have the chance to see it on the big screen.

14. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    That's great idea,go and watch it!!!

15. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    I've seen Revenge of the Sith 3 times.
    It is an amazing movie, my second favourite of all the Star Wars. It is a bit creepy, though. Anakin commiting all those horrible deeds and all, but I truly loved A&P love story and the Duel. Those scenes were amazing.
    I also agree with Amon_Amarth. No matter how brilliant this movie is, it lacks something what other films had. I do not know what would that be. It is probably the whole dark atmosphere that's making this kind of mood.

16. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Well, though Anakin did commit all those horrible deeds as you say, I must admit I cheered for him during the duel. [face_devil] :p
    I always liked him more than Obi-Wan. I mean, Obi is a nice, kind old man in OT, but I just hate him in Prequels. He's so annoying. I can't explain why, but he just is.
    And Anakin is great in ROTS. The only thing I balme him is killing younglings in the Jedi Temple.

17. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    I didn't cheer for neither of them. Anakin is cool and handsome and kind, but also an idiot becouse of all the stuff he did to those he was supposed to love. I'm usualy an A&P fan, and this Force-choke thing in Revenge was very dissappointing. :(
    And, you're right, Obi-Wan is kind of annoying, but I've noticed that only in Revenge f the Sith. Maybe it is becouse I blame him for Anakin's fall...
    And I hated that reptile thing he was riding on Utapau. ;)

18. Darth Zych

Darth Zych Jedi Master star 1

Jul 31, 1999
    not bad, tough crowd in here tho. obi annoying!? how was he annoying!? he was a true believer of good/light/decency, solid as a rock, against evil. a pure heart, betrayed by dip****s 'lust for power' forced into early retirement after watching wretched palps take advantage of a hormonal "perfect" human. poor guy, i was annoyed FOR him, not by him..

peace out fellas, ladies

19. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    @D_Z: All you say is true. I really liked Obi-Wan played by Alec Guiness in OT, but Obi from Prequels wasn't as nice as in OT. That guy who played him isok, I just didn't like his character in Prequels.
    Maybe it all started with the (in)famous TPM and his patetic lines...

20. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    Hay, what's wrong with TPM???
    (Though I have to admit Obi's performance and apperance was yuk!)

21. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Jar Jar is wrong with TPM.
    Age difference between Anakin and Padme is wrong with TPM.
    Little Ani is wrong with TPM.
    Obi-Wan's apperance is wrong with TPM.

I don't really like this episode. It is worst of all, in my opinion.

22. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    I still like TPM more than ANH ;)
    Jar-Jar is fine, he was thought to replace 3PO i think, but then 3PO appears for a while
    Age difference... it's only 5 years ;)
    Little Ani... everyone was little in the past ;)
    Obi-Wan.... what's wrong with him? :p

23. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    I agree with Amon on little Ani.
    Sure, like you said everyone was little, but it is amazing how this kid is annoying. I don't mean the Ani's character, I mean the actor. [face_sick]

24. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Exactly, Darthana! Little-Ani-guy is what makes it so annoying. I thing that guy from the Sixth Sence would be much better for the part.

5 years age difference ~ it works In AOTC and later, but in TPM... really!

25. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    Do not forget, that in middleage, there was even younger couples, and with much bigger age difference getting engaged ;) of course, by their parents, but still...
    And most of younng boys are getting in love with older girls...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.