main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge of the Sith

Discussion in 'Archive: Slavic Countries General Discussion' started by Amon_Amarth, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    I don't think religious institutions should have their own countries. Not just Church, all other religions too.
    Real life and faith shouldn't mix in my opinion. If someone wants to belive in something, fine, they shouldn't let faith to influence on their decisions. Here I'm talking about those Islam extremists and Vatican secret service who shot a guy last year just for trying to enter a restricted library section.

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Many first schools was started by church
    But people learned only what Church wanted them to learn.

I agree with Deciple. If not traders from Islam countries, the wertern world would be way back with mathematics.
    Not that I'm defending Islam, they do many awful thungs thease day, though they were vey advanced in medieval.

3. Darth_Fizyk

Darth_Fizyk Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2003
    Vatican secret service who shot a guy last year just for trying to enter a restricted library section.
    If it was a restricted section, why he tried to get there? If not Vatican secret service, then any other safeguard would do the same.

I agree with Deciple. If not traders from Islam countries, the wertern world would be way back with mathematics.
    I would say, that Traders from Arabic Countries not from Islam, which was created about 7th century based on the all other neighbouring religions, and pushed Arabic science way back :p

And there is nothing strange, that they were so advanced, they settled there, and adapted to thier region long time before eurpeans ;) So when Europe was thinking how to get food, and survive, they were able to concentrate about many other 'higher' things ;)

Looking at this what I wrote about Islam, i think it's the way of falling Civilization, there would comes another, new relligion, everyone wil foll into, and we will be pushed again back into medieval :p
    I think, it's unavoidable ;)

4. r2d2_kosjenka

r2d2_kosjenka Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2005
    don't say thet. christianity is the only right relligion. no other relligion could ever come to its place.
    and how can you other peopl talk about holy mother church thet way. it is blasfemy!
    how can you defend that Manson guy? he is a satanist! are you to satanist? come to your sences!

5. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    :mad:
    NO, I'm not a satanist! I just speak my mind openly. Or do you thing your Church should forbid that once more???
    I defend Manson as I would defend anyone whose concert (a cultural event) is trying to be cancelled by an institution of faith! Who do they think they are (Church) wheny they try to interfere real life. Why trying to bann a concert. People who don't like Manson's music don't have to attend the event.

come to your sences!
    You should come to your sences. Thease boards are open to all people, so don't expect to see only the narrow view of the religion here!

[face_frustrated]

6. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    christianity is the only right relligion.
    The same thing Judes were saing about their faith about 2 thousands years ago, and will be spoken not once in future by many peoples.

no other relligion could ever come to its place.
    And there is already lots of religions in place of christianity, orthodox (grek, eastern), catholisizm, anglicanism, baptism, protestantism and many others.

Darthana, and others, could you tell me more about that interfere in this concert?

7. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Fizyk, it's all explained over in the Metaltropolis, but a brief synopsis:

• Manson gets gig in the Pula Arena

• Outrage from the Religious Right, saying that Manson is trying to "Corrupt the Youth"

• Priests urge all "Good Christians" to sign a petition to get him banned from playing

• Metal world laughs at Croatia

• Another Priest (Who just happens to be in a Metal band) speaks up saying that the gig should go ahead, saying it promotes cultural interaction and understanding

• Everyone ignores the "Christian Right"

• Manson gig goes ahead, cue many sad Christians and many "corrupted" young souls

r2d2: There are many points of views that are presented on this website. Saying that one of them is correct and offering no substantial proof could get you quite the bashing, in Senate. Also, your post represents quite a bit of what is known as flaming. Everyone is entitled to a point of view, and the more you choke them off, the more annoyed they will become and the louder their voices will get. But first I will address a few points.

don't say thet.

He has a perfect right to say that, unless you are encroaching on his Freedom of Speech.

christianity is the only right relligion.

Just because you believe that it is the only one right in your heart does not mean that everyone else believes the same. In fact, this is quite an insulting comment, as if a Jew or Muslim were to read this, how would they feel? They would feel completely tainted. Please keep this in mind.

no other relligion could ever come to its place.

Oh? I suggest you take a look at the most recent population/religion graphs. They show that the numbers of Christians are falling whereas "new" religions such as Wicca, Zen Buddhism and Jainism are growing rapidly. Also, Islam is quickly on the rise.

Another point, along the same lines and considering the few past posts in here, Islam is not a violent religion. However, some extremists feel the need to use the Qu'ran to justify their use of violence. The same as Christian extremists use the line "An eye for an eye" in the Bibl as justification for unprovoked attack. So please don't generalise, Islamic folk are generally nice people on the whole, there is just the occaisional "bad apple", as there is with all religions.

and how can you other peopl talk about holy mother church thet way.

See UN Regulations: Freedom of Speech. It's legal to say whatever you want about any institution big or small, and about any person as long as it isn't deemed as slander.

it is blasfemy!

=D= Then I'm a nice big blasphemer to burn at the stake!

how can you defend that Manson guy?

Well, he did nothing wrong except decide to play a show in Croatia for his fanbase there. There is nothing wrong in that at all. As for generally defending, because he is no more than a performer, much as Alice Cooper, Shagrath and Dani Filth are. If he wishes to incorporate blasphemic images in his gigs, let him. It's not hurting you personally, is it?

he is a satanist!

Trust me, there are much more volatile Satanists out there. Glen Benton, Florida USA: Actively supports Animal Sacrifice and is pushing for the legalising of Human Sacrifice. Samoth, Oslo Norway: Used to burn Churches. Varg Vikernes, Prison Norway: Killed a fellow member of the Satanic Terrorists because he thought he was a risk to his power. Faust, Oslo Norway: Stabbed a gay man 14 times in the chest and neck for "coming on to him."

You see what I mean? Compared to the Black Metal scene, Marilyn Manson is a sweet little teddy bear. Besides, Satanism is the wrong term for it. Devil-Worship is known as Luciferianism. Satanism is not the worship of Satan, contrary to popular belief. Instead it is the worship of self and trying to achieve power. And most of it makes more sense than half the Bible, mainly due to the fact that there aren't 300 contradictions per page.

are you to satanist?

Why, yes I a

8. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    =D=
    Bravo!

Priests urge all "Good Christians" to sign a petition to get him banned from playing

Not just to sign a petition, but to collect money to cancel the show. [face_frustrated]

Metal world laughs at Croatia
    :_|

Compared to the Black Metal scene, Marilyn Manson is a sweet little teddy bear. Besides, Satanism is the wrong term for it. Devil-Worship is known as Luciferianism. Satanism is not the worship of Satan, contrary to popular belief. Instead it is the worship of self and trying to achieve power.
    Many Christians I know (well, almost every christian I know), talk about things about which they know nothing about. Most of them think that their way of viewing the world is the right one just becouse they go to Church and stuff. If the priests say something is bad, the entire Christian population would belive it, without informing themselves about that subject.
    That is the same thing that have been discussed here before; the Church teaches people only in one side of the medal.

Then I'm a nice big blasphemer to burn at the stake!
    For the this reasons, me too!

I came to my senses when i was 7. I stopped eating in all of the crap people were feeding me about Christianity and decided to take a look for myself. I read the Bible cover to cover, disagreed with just about everything in there, and declared myself an Atheist. I have been for almost 10 years now, and its much better in my mind than being chained to a God which I don't believe in.
    I don't belive in god, I read both the Bible and Qur'an and they are good books, but only that - books. Nothing more than stories. I think that in thease day, when human civilization is so advanced, people learn so many stuff that they shouldn't be intimidated with thease tales any more.

r2d2:

christianity is the only right relligion. no other relligion could ever come to its place.
    Don't think that the whole world is spinning around Christians.
    There are 6,5 billion people on our planet. There are many more relligions, don't thing yours is the only one.

and how can you other peopl talk about holy mother church thet way.
    How can you speak of other relligions the way you do? Like they are worthless?

If you lear to accept other people's opinion, maybe the others will accept yours.

9. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    religion is a thing of the past.

But you may all worship me.

Hell, I might even you let you guys touch me if you're nice.

Who needs a church? :p

10. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Good way of thinking, Grant. :p

11. Jedi_Orion

Jedi_Orion Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2004
    What is thy bidding, my commander... [face_cowboy] (I AIN'T saying 'master' even if you draged me from a lava river and saved my life with a black lifesaving (?) suit! Just to wierd [face_worried])

12. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    So... it's not the way of all church's thinking but only some priests ;) The same we have in Poland, some priests will be against (eg. Priest Rydzyk, Head of the Maria Radio), and some aren't ;) It's just "bad apple" ;)

Islamic folk are generally nice people on the whole, there is just the occaisional "bad apple", as there is with all religions.

You're right, my mistake, but Islamic "bad apple" is more louder than any others, and is more aggresive.

I read the Bible cover to cover, disagreed with just about everything in there, and declared myself an Atheist. I have been for almost 10 years now, and its much better in my mind than being chained to a God which I don't believe in.

I havn't read the Bible, there are many more interesting books around ;) But still, I belive in God and in some way I'm chained to ac roman-catholic church. When I arrived to England, and saw those many different christianic churches, I felt lost, and think that I would became Atheist there ;)

Priests ;)
    I think, that you can always belive in God without going to church ;)
    First christians were gathering just to talk. ;)

religion is a thing of the past.
    So... You're in the past... [face_thinking] ;)

13. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    Cobra, Amon, Admiral - =D=

14. Lord_of_all_Noldor

Lord_of_all_Noldor Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2005
    I don't like religions, personaly. I belive that everyone should belive in what they want to belive in, but people should do so only when respecting other people's thoughts. I am an atheist, I don't belive in anything unless I seen it with my own eyes. I love fantasy books, but I always think of them as just books. Bible is nothing more than one of them. (Pretty lame fantasy book, if I might add)

Back on the topic Revenge of the Sith:
    It is the best Star Wars film in my opinion. Excellent effects and brilliant acting make it one of the best movies in the history.

15. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    We had in poland discussion about it some time ago... And we've got a very similar conclusion. Who knows, if Bible wasnt just a fantasy book, or story, just like Greek's tales like Illiad ;) And who knows? maybe in next thousand years we'll be beliving in Valars... and Eru? ;)

And great, that someone at last get back to the subject ;) :D

16. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    I don't like religions, personaly. I belive that everyone should belive in what they want to belive in, but people should do so only when respecting other people's thoughts. I am an atheist, I don't belive in anything unless I seen it with my own eyes. I love fantasy books, but I always think of them as just books. Bible is nothing more than one of them. (Pretty lame fantasy book, if I might add)

I totaly agree with that. And yes, who knows what we will belive in the future... In the Force, maybe? :p

17. Lord_of_all_Noldor

Aug 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] That would be fun.

18. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    And yes, who knows what we will belive in the future... In the Force, maybe?

Why not...
    "Use the Fork, Luke!" :D

=D= I totaly agree on this.
    Mankind evolves all the time. People belived in spirits of natural processes which they couldn't explain, such as fire, storm, wind... When they learned those things were no gods, they started to belive in other things. They needed protection, so they had gods for all aspects of life; gods of war, love, death, certain crafts... Then monotheism came, bringing one god for 'all purposes'; like Swiss multipractic army knife. Today, when monotheism is main of the religions, we think of past religions that really mattered to people of the past, as of stories. People of the future will probably think the same thing about our society.
    As science goes forward and explains more and more things, people realise that some dogmas are not to be followed blindly. The more and more they realise that, they loose their faith in certain things. that is why I said before that Church was bounding the progress.
    Things are different today, but people still let themselves to be bound by dogmas and narrow views. I think that it is ok to belive in something, but as long as you don't mix it with reality.

maybe in next thousand years we'll be beliving in Valars... and Eru

Why not? :p
    The Silmarillion is the book of stories, same as the Bible, same as Kur'an...

19. Darthana

Jun 24, 2005
    Well said, Amon. I agree with this. People in the future will know many things we can't thease day, and they will have no need to belive in anything supernatural.

20. Lord_of_all_Noldor

Aug 30, 2005
    In the case of beliving in Valars, the I, as Lord of all Noldor should worship Aule... ;)

21. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    I would search for some beautiful and nice Female Majar to worship ;)

22. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] If I remember correctly from that bokk, which I read a long time ago, Maia Melian was quite hot. ;)

Back on the topic Revenge of the Sith:
    It is the best Star Wars film in my opinion. Excellent effects and brilliant acting make it one of the best movies in the history.

Yeah. And I got it on a CD. ;)

23. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    In the case of beliving in Valars, the I, as Lord of all Noldor should worship Aule

Ah, Aule, Lord of caves and crafts. he's cool, but Ulmo is way cooler. :p

If I remember correctly from that bokk, which I read a long time ago, Maia Melian was quite hot
    [face_laugh]

24. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    Why laughing, she is hot.
    :p

That gives me an idea; which Revenge character do you think it the hottest?

25. Jedi_Orion

Jedi_Orion Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2004
    Definitely those two battle droids on GG's ship that R2-D2 sets on fire. [face_batting]:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.