main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge of the Son (JA, sequel to Rainy Days) COMPLETED May 31/02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    This fic has not finished being beta read so I hope the numerous grammer errors do not offend everyone

Rainy Days can be found here: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6527017&replies=0

Title: Revenge of the Son
    Author: Arwen Jade KenobiCategory: Angst, Drama (age 15)
    Rating: PG
    Summary: While assisting with relief efforts on a distant planet, Obi-wan catches a fatal virus and dies. Qui-Gon leaves seeking absolution, but is Obi-Wan really dead? Or has some enemy seeking vengance.

// = speaking through the Force
    Italics = personal thoughts
    *italics* = flashbacks

Part 1

QUI-GON JINN DATAPAD
    TIME: 5:30 AM
    RECORDING??NOW

This mission was supposed to have ended a week ago. Here on the distant planet of Komar, there was an epidemic of the deadly Motara virus. With a 95 percent mortality rate, Komar was devastated. We were sent here to help with relief efforts, every effort possible was made so we would not catch the virus.

There was a flaw. My apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi, has been ill for the past week. We could not return to Coruscant for fear of starting an epidemic on the capital world.

For one week Obi-Wan has suffered. The healers tell me he has opened his eyes twice but never for more than a few seconds. He hasn?t spoken or attempted to reach me through our bond. The virus is only communicable during the first week of symptoms; therefore I have been unable to go near him. Today my first day near him in a week.

Qui-Gon placed the datapad in his bag and made his way to the Med Center.

He was greeted by Komarian healer Arcro. He was short and looked like a human, except for the gills behind his ears. Komar was, almost, 90 percent covered in water. Arcro pulled Qui-Gon aside to explain the situation, for the millionth time.

?Master Jinn, as you know we have run out of the anti-virus.? Qui-Gon nodded solemnly, they had informed him of this the day Obi-Wan was diagnosed. ?We had to put him on a respirator because his lungs are under terrible strain, so is his heart I?m afraid.? Qui-Gon felt like his own heart was being squeezed; Arcro sighed and wished he didn?t have to tell Qui-Gon what he was going to say. ? To make a long and complicated story short, Padawan Kenobi is dying and there is nothing we can do to save him.?

Qui-Gon was speechless. He found the voice to ask a question. ?When do you get the next shipment of the cure?? Arcro felt a surge of pity for the Jedi Master,

?The next shipment won?t arrive in time to save him if that?s what you are thinking. He has a little less than a week to live.? Qui-Gon did not want to believe it, his Padawan, his ?son? dead and gone is less than a week! Qui-Gon knew he was talking to one of the best healers on the planet. Arcro wouldn?t lie.

?May I see him?? asked Qui-Gon, trying to stop the tears from coming. Arcro nodded and ushered him through the door of Obi-Wan?s room.

Qui-Gon abandoned Arcro immediately and barged into Obi-Wan?s room, almost knocking over a nurse as he did so. Qui-Gon barely recognized the 15-year-old. The respirator covered most of his face, his skin was deathly pale, and he looked nothing like the boy he knew and loved. Qui-Gon, tears openly falling now, pulled a chair next Obi-Wan?s bed. The boy?s face was streaked with sweat. There was a pail filled with water and a face cloth near by, Qui-Gon snatched it, wet the cloth , and placed it on his Padawan?s forehead. Obi-Wan?s rapid pain filled breathing stopped to make way for a fitful cough. Qui-Gon grabbed his apprentice?s hand and sent soothing thoughts through their bond. Obi-Wan gave no reply, but his breathing slowed and his hand squeezed Qui- Gon?s.

2 days later Qui-Gon Jinn was still sitting at Obi-Wan?s bedside. His only sign that his apprentice hadn?t died already was the heart monitor. Qui-Gon wished there was some way to save him, but after 2 days of thinking, he couldn?t find a single way. The only thing he could hope for was that Obi-Wan would w

2. Obi_and_Qui

Obi_and_Qui Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    [face_shocked] *gasp* What?! Is Obi really dead?! Ooo, you must write more!!!

Up up up!!

3. Obi_and_Qui

May 18, 2002
    *gasp* What?!

Is Obi really dead?! Ooo, you must write more!!!

Up up up!!

4. Obi_and_Qui

May 18, 2002
    Er, i didn't mean to post that a second time. SORRY!

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Obi DEAD!!!Say it "ain't" so.AJK,you just can't do that.I mean he thinks hes about to die but you're the writer of this fiction change it PLEEEEEEEEASE!! I still will not admit to Lucas killing of QGJ in Menace.He's alive too.{lol}.O.K. its your story,but I might have to cry on my key board with this one. I don't do "grief" very well.PEACE Ewen

6. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    :eek:

:eek:

- - stops just long enough to gasp one word - -

MORE!!

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  8. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    :eek: nooooo he can't die. Hope to see more soon

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

That's short for I really like it and want more! :)

10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    *Runs away from mob of fanfic readers*

I will not change anything here, I wrote this story I while ago and suffered much writers block.

Sorry for my rant, look at the title though
    thing are not all as thay appear

--------------------------------
    Part 2

?Get the cart!? shouted Arcro. A nurse pulled it over. Qui-Gon grabbed his apprentice?s limp hand.

?DON?T YOU DIE ON ME!!!? he cried. Four other nurses grabbed the Jedi Master and held him down.

?Charging 350? called Arcro over the rising racket. ?Clear,? he added as the body on the bed jerked.

?OBI-WAN!!? shrieked Qui-Gon.

?Give a sedative and get him the hell out of here.? Qui-Gon tried to pull away but the room spun around him and the darkness took him.

A few hours later, Qui-Gon woke up with Arcro sitting next to him. ?Sorry we had to sedate you but you were getting out of hand.? Qui-Gon?s eyes begged the question even though, deep in his heart, he knew the answer.

Arcro sighed, ? Master Jinn I am terribly sorry but Padawan Kenobi died shortly after you were removed from the room.? Qui-Gon buried his face in his hands to hide his emotions from Arcro. He had just lost the most important person in his life, and Arcro had no idea what to say to him. ?We can?t send you and Obi-Wan?s body to Coruscant because he still has the germs in his system, and other than waiting until transport to Coruscant is allowed, you only have one other option.? Qui-Gon raised his red, tear-stained eyes to Arcro,

?And that would be??

?Bury him here, in the lake over there.? Said Arcro as he pointed out the window to a very beautiful lake. Qui-Gon knew that because of lack of land space they had to use lakes for cemeteries. Even cremation was forbidden, because they needed all their vegetation. ?I?ll let you think about it.? Arcro stood and walked out of the room. Now, with no one to see him. Qui-Gon broke down.

?Jinn, I understand you?re devastated but why won?t you come back to the Temple? You?re clear of the virus but why won?t you come home?? The troubled holo-gram of Mace Windu stood in front of Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon wished the counsel would leave him alone.

?Mace, Coruscant is the last place I want to be right now. I need to get away.?

?But why are you letting Obi-Wan be buried on Komar?!? Qui-Gon ran his fingers through his hair and sighed deeply.

?Because I can?t take him off planet, and I don?t want to wait until the planet is officially clear.? Qui-Gon then made it perfectly clear that he wanted to be alone during this funeral, none of his or Obi-Wan?s friends. Mace agreed. Before the transmission was cut Mace asked one more question.

?You said you needed to get away, where are you going to go? When will you be back?? Qui-Gon didn?t really have someplace in mind he wanted to go. Then it hit him.

?I?ll let you know when I?m on my way back. As to where I?m going: I?m visiting and old friend on Sanderai.

The next day, Qui-Gon found himself alone on a boat, except for the glass coffin that held his apprentice. All traces of pain and suffering had left Obi-Wan?s face. Qui-Gon felt a jerk as the boat stopped at the set coordinates where Obi-Wan was to be ?buried.? Before Qui-Gon committed himself to that he took a long, last look at his Padawan. He was still wearing his Jedi robes and Padawan braid. Qui-Gon had decided to let Obi-Wan be buried with his lightsaber and the force-sensitive river stone Qui-Gon had given him for his 13th birthday.

Qui-Gon had no idea what to say that he hadn?t said at some point over the two years they had been together, also considering the fact that the boy was beyond hearing. So he opened the casket, kissed Obi-Wan on the forehead and whispered in his ear: ?Good-bye my son, I love you.?

Qui-Gon closed the casket and set the computer to drop it. Soon enough two cranes rose the casket in the air and slowly lowered it down into the water, Qui-Gon watched it disappear from sight. He thought, as he ha

11. Obi_and_Qui

May 18, 2002
    Oh, poor Qui. But did he really feel breathing? I hope!!

12. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    WOW LOL I just read this fic at JAFD and loved it. Oh well I can so read it again though! *wjoops won't give anything away I promise*

OBI don't die on us *snif* you won't kill him so soon will you arwen! *cuddles obi doll* Poor Quui even pooer Obi!

More soon please! Great star *lol great fic really loved it*

13. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    he felt breathing?
    **Kitara starts to have a claustorphobia attack**

14. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Well if he felt breathing,Obi is in bigger trouble than dying,he's gonna die twice.He was just put in the water in a closed coffin.Oh,My!!!PEACE Ewen

15. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Ah, but you forget - Qui made the wise, yet unwittingly great decision to bury him with his lightsaber. ;)

Great so far! Exquisite!

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Oh, no! :eek:

Poor Obi-Wan. I hope Qui-Gon rethinks leaving Obi-Wan really fast, and check that wind idea to the 'well' wind! ;)

17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Thanx 4 all teh wonderful responses!!!

Here's part 3!!

--------------------------
    Part 3

Qui-Gon sat beside the window on the transport that just sped away from Komar on it?s way to Sanderai. The friend he was going to see was 16 year-old Sanderai warrior Kyra Dulais. 8 months ago, Qui-Gon had awoken from a coma to discover Obi-Wan had died saving him, he later discovered it wasn?t true. ( He wished that was the case here.) Qui-Gon had traveled to Simpla-12 to find out the truth. There he met Kyra, she knew who had taken Obi-Wan and where to find him. The same people had recently murdered her twin brother. They had rescued Obi-Wan together along with one of the people who had taken Obi-Wan named Lars Merkin, who was sadly murdered during the rescue

Qui-Gon felt he had to see Kyra, she was the only one who understood how it felt to lose someone close to you. The transport jumped to lightspeed.

Obi-Wan Kenobi knew he had to be dead. He had felt himself slip away in front of his Master, yet he had felt the kiss and heard his last words. He had also felt himself being lowered somewhere. But it wasn?t possible, he was DEAD!!

No I?m still alive thought Obi-Wan. He forced his eyes open and saw water, he didn?t! thought Obi-Wan in surprise. Obi-Wan saw his lighsaber next to him and thought of cutting through the glass, he then realized that he would let the water in too fast. He turned his head and saw the fasteners on the side of the coffin. He concentrated hard and reached out with the Force, the fasteners opened. Obi-Wan kicked the lid up with his feet and held his breath.

Something was very wrong. Qui-Gon the approximate time it took to get from Komar to Sanderai, they were almost 2 hours late. There could be millions of reasons why but Qui-Gon knew something was wrong. He made his way to the cockpit, the doors slid open. On the floor were the pilot and co-pilot, they were dead. Qui-Gon felt a disturbance in the Force but was knocked out cold before he could react.

The water pressure made pushing the lid of the casket off extremely hard, Obi-Wan used up most of his little strength just doing that. He fought to propel himself to the surface. He felt faint but kept kicking, soon enough he broke the surface with a shaky gasp for air. Still feeling unbelievably faint he saw a boat nearby, he was too weak to swim and tried to call out. The boat came closer and someone pulled him out.

? By the saints!!? stammered Obi-Wan?s rescuer, ? We all thought you were dead!? Obi-Wan could feel himself fainting but asked for the identity of his rescuer. ? My name is Arcro. I was the healer assigned to your case. I?ve got to get you to the Med Center, I?ve got to know how you survived!!?

The next day, Obi-Wan watched, in horror, the events that had taken place after he had gone into a seizure. He had allowed himself to cry when he saw his Master lose control and had have to be subdued. Obi-Wan heard Arcro enter the room, he was swearing violently. He grabbed an empty glass and began to fill it water, he drank it then threw the glass across the room to shatter on the durasteel wall. Obi-Wan turned off the recording and, as calmly as possible, asked what was wrong.

?Well, we re-scanned your blood sample and it showed that you didn?t have the virus to begin with. It was a poison so close no healer would suspect the difference.? That explained Arcro?s mood, he was furious that he hadn?t been able to identify the poison.

?But how do you explain the seizure and?everything else.? Obi-Wan asked. If looks could kill Arcro?s could have killed everyone in the Med Center.

?Firstly, the heart monitor was defective, your heart never stopped beating. You just got knocked out by the poison. Secondly, the crash cart wasn?t even charged when we tried to resuscitate you, but the indicator lights said that it was charged.?

Obi-Wan was going to ask another question but started coughing violently and gaspi

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
  19. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    This is definitely not the story for the faint of heart (or claustorphobic) when you start describing Obi waking up in a sealed coffin under water. Ohhhhhhhhh

So, who rigged the equipment to fake Obi-Wan's death? Or were those contingency plans in case the poison didn't do the job?

edit: I just remembered the comment about Lars being killed and noticed the title of the fic. Hmmmmmm

20. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    ur getting close there PK

--------------
    Part 4

Kyra Dulais?s emerald green eyes were wide with surprise. ?Obi-Wan!, Qui-Gon told me you were dead.? Obi-Wan looked at the hologram of Kyra, in 8 months she hadn?t changed that much. Her blonde hair looked darker but still had the four braided red streaks.

?Apparently I was poisoned, the healers don?t know how yet,? answered Obi-Wan, ? it mimicked the symptoms of the virus.?

Kyra raised a skeptical eyebrow. ?Qui-Gon said he buried you.?

?The Komarians use lakes for cemeteries, I woke up in a glass coffin and used the Force to break out.? Obi-Wan then asked if Qui-Gon was there, Kyra shook her head.

?Qui-Gon?s transport is a day late, I?m afraid something?s happened. Can you call him through that bond you guys have??

Obi-Wan had tried this earlier and almost knocked himself out trying. ?No, he believes me dead I?m closed off from him.? And I?m too weak to break through, he thought. A look of concentration came across Kyra?s face, that was replaced by a look of worry.

? I think I know where he is. Can you get to Sanderai right now??

?Yes, but there are a few things I need to take care of first.?

? OK I?ll meet you at the landing strip at 1900 hours.?

When Obi-Wan had contacted the Jedi counsel they were, of course, surprised to see him. After he explained the situation and what he planned to do the counsel had given him full permission. Now his transport arrived on Sanderai, the sun was just setting and it was one of the most beautiful sights he had ever seen. Sanderai was a jungle world, much like his Master?s home planet. His Master?.Oh Force keep him safe.
    A hooded figure appeared beside him. The being lowered it?s hood enough to show that it was Kyra. She motioned for him to follow her. A dug followed also.

They reached Kyra?s house, it was very close to where her twin brother had been murdered and she had nearly been killed. Obi-Wan couldn?t understand why Kyra would live near a place that caused her so much pain, probably the same reason that his friend Bant still swam in the pool where she had almost died. Kyra ushered him in, followed by the dug. Kyra and Obi-Wan both sat down the dug just stood near the door. ?I suppose you?re wondering who he is,? she jerked her head toward the dug. The dug came closer and stood straight up on his feet, an unusual stance for a dug. He stood nearly as tall as Obi-Wan and his voice was in low, measured tones.

? My name is Dra?Ka, I am Demoiselle Dulais?s bodyguard.?

Obi-Wan could have guessed. Dra?Ka had a belt laced with thermal detonators and sonic grenades. He also carried several blasters. Obi-Wan looked at Kyra oddly.

?Everything seems to revolve around the events of 8 months ago. Apparently Milar Hayes had a son named Jakar, he?s been trying to kill me ever since I killed his father. The Sanderai High Council assigned me a bodyguard. I have theory that Jakar is trying to have the same right of revenge I claimed for my brother. I think he wants to kill all three of us: me, you, and Qui-Gon. I?m almost positive that Jakar has him.?

Obi-Wan didn?t know how exactly he was supposed to react to this, without passing out from shortage of breath. So he took a deep breath and asked if she had any idea where Jakar would be hiding. ?I?ve had eight months to search for that answer, I was planning to leave right when Qui-Gon contacted me and I decided to stay. He?s on Komar.

Obi-Wan leapt to his feet, ?You don?t mean to tell me that?I was just there!? Obi-Wan added something in a whisper, ?I should have sensed something.? Dra?Ka joined the conversation with a hardened gaze.

? No Obi-Wan Kenobi, you forget, Qui-Gon Jinn believes you dead. Your bond is closed off and you can?t break through without passing out. It is not you fault.? Obi-Wan didn?t even pause to wonder how Dra?Ka knew all this.

?All right, let?s go as long as this doesn?t involving be buried alive I?ll be fine.? Obi-Wan

21. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Yes! I knew I was on the right track :)

Poor Obi-Wan, he never learns ;)

22. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Getting good Wingmate, oh poor Obi Wan can't even contact Qui Gon to tell him that he is alive. Keep them coming.

23. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Part 5

//Master?//

the call had echoed back and forth several times but Qui-Gon knew it was Obi-Wan.

//Obi-Wan? Is it really you?// Qui-Gon received no answer as he forced his eyes open. Obi-Wan is dead, dead and buried; Don?t you forget that Jinn, you?ll only destroy yourself.

Everything hurt, his robes were torn and there was his own blood on them.; he looked and felt as though he had been thrashed. He looked around he was chained the wall by heavy metal chains, he had some slack but not much.

?Welcome back Master Jinn,? boomed a voice that had a familiar sound to it. ? I almost feared that you had joined your Padawan in the afterlife, he is no doubt waiting for you as my father is for me.?

Qui-Gon focused on the figure: the man was tall and thin, he had disturbingly familiar eyes and an equally disturbingly familiar evil smile. He looked like?.Milar Hayes, the man who had kidnapped Obi-Wan and left him to die in a grave like prison. ?Yes Master Jinn, I am Jakar Hayes; Milar?s son.

Milar had a son!!! He looks more like a twin brother! ?What do you want with me?? asked Qui-Gon. He thought is was an appropriate question but Jakar flashed a whip across his arm, Qui-Gon tried to fight the wince that was coming on.

?I think you know,? said Jakar, ?If Demoiselle Kyra Dulais can claim a right of vengeance for her brother why can?t I do the same for my father?? Jakar folded his arms across his immense chest. ?Three times I have tried to kill Kyra, three times I have failed. I need to kill you too Qui-Gon. You will die, a lot slower than your late Padawan did I?m afraid.? Qui-Gon didn?t at first catch the hidden statement in that message.

He needs to kill me and Kyra because we killed Milar, but that means?.NO!. ?You killed Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon heard himself whisper with a murderous tone.

Jakar smiled his father?s evil smile. ?Yes Master Jinn, I infected him with a poison so close to the virus that idiot head healer wouldn?t have known the difference. But technically Qui-Gon, YOU killed Obi-Wan; he was still alive when you went out on that boat to bury him. He must have woken up in the casket and suffocated by now.?
    Qui-Gon couldn?t control himself, he let out a cry of rage and grief. He stood and tried to break free of the chains. Damn the Code, he wanted to bring Jakar to justice; actually he wanted to kill him and avenge his Padawan. Jakar grabbed a blaster and stunned him then smiled as he remembered something important: Jakar had placed a hidden holo-cam in Obi-Wan?s casket and it would broadcast his death to Jakar?s computer. It was time for some entertainment.

The next day, Obi-Wan, Kyra and Dra?Ka found themselves on a boat on one of the more isolated lakes of Komar. All three of them searched for any kind of a building.

?Demoiselle Dulais, Padawan Kenobi, come look at this.? Dra?Ka motioned with his foot. Obi-Wan looked in the direction Dra?Ka indicated; there was a small complex floating on the water. It looked abandoned.

?It used to be a prison,? began Kyra, ?It was abandoned when Komar became a part of the Republic. The only way in or out is underwater; we won?t be noticed.? Obi-Wan concentrated on reaching Qui-Gon, he obviously hadn?t learned his lesson from the last time. He felt someone shaking his shoulder, it was Kyra. She gave him a stern look, ?Save your strength, you?re going to need it.? She passed Obi-Wan and Dra?Ka a breathing tube and took one herself. Kyra then slipped into the water, followed by Obi-Wan and Dra?Ka.

Jakar Hayes was fuming. He had view the tape of what was supposed to be Qui-Gon Jinn?s precious Padawan?s slow, agonizing death. It had been anything but that; Jakar had watched him escape. Jakar had to keep this knowledge from Qui-Gon, he knew, if Qui-Gon were to pick it up through this mysterious Force?.everything would be ruined. Jakar had reluctantly hired guards to watch over Master Jinn?s cell and telling them to be expecting intruders at any moment. H

24. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    good post- starting to explain things- now for the real action :)

25. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Action comming soon Kitara

No more claustrophobic circumstances thought.

Thought u'd like to know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.