Revenge of the Son (JA, sequel to Rainy Days) COMPLETED May 31/02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Part 6

Qui-Gon awoke feeling much worse than he had before, he was covered with more thrash marks. He found himself in a room similar to a dungeon, and he was still bound with heavy chains. Qui-Gon suddenly remembered what Jakar had told him about Obi-Wan: had he truly killed his Padawan? It was one thing to have Obi-Wan torn from him, another to discover he was murdered. But if he had blindly accepted what he had been told and had paid no regard to his instincts. It he had failed his apprentice, Qui-Gon wouldn?t be able to live with himself. The only person who knew the truth was dead, Qui-Gon threw himself into the Force.

Obi-Wan activated his underwater breather and followed Kyra and Dra?Ka into the murky Komarian waters. His past experience in these waters hadn?t been pleasant but he tried not to let it interfere with the present. Kyra stopped and pointed toward another direction further up the current. Obi-Wan knew that trying to contact Qui-Gon would drain his energy, or kill him if he passed out. He decided to pay no attention to the lesson that he had learned. Obi-Wan reached out as he propelled himself forward.

Qui-Gon moved like a whirlwind through the force searching for the one thing that would give him peace: he found it. Obi-Wan signature was as bright as it ever was.

Shouldn?t the light be dimmer now that he is dead? Qui-Gon had no answer. He was about to touch what was left of his Padawan, when he heard Obi-Wan?s voice calling his name with great concern and worry. Qui-Gon knew he had to be closer to death than he thought but it didn?t worry him, he would see Obi-Wan again.

//No Master don?t!// came the cry, //I?m on my-// Qui-Gon never heard the rest of Obi-Wan?s cry as consciousness slipped away.

As Obi-Wan followed Kyra up to the surface urgency over took him. He knew that Qui-Gon was here and still believed he was dead. But Obi-wan had sensed guilt, did his Master feel responsible for his ?death?? Had Jakar told him something? If he had he most likely didn?t know that Obi-Wan was still alive. They surfaced and pulled themselves onto the deck. When everyone had removed their breathers and were standing Obi-Wan said that he would begin to search for Qui-Gon. Kyra thought she and Dra?Ka should go instead, in case Qui-Gon went into shock after seeing him.

Obi-Wan massaged the back of his neck and hit a cord. He pulled it over his head to reveal the riverstone that Qui-Gon had given him for his thirteenth birthday dangling at the end. He clenched the stone in his fist and imprinted several images of the past few days on the rock using the Force, he then placed the pendent in Kyra?s hand.

?Give this to him if he doesn?t believe you when you tell him I?m alive.?

Kyra began to walk but then stopped,

?Obi-Wan do you have a hunch about where we should start.? Obi-wan smiled knowing that Sanderai don?t like to ask for assistance. He drew the Force around him to focus on Qui-Gon?s presense, and pointed to Kyra?s right. Kyra nodded her thanks and walked off with Dra?Ka. Obi-Wan went in the opposite direction.

Kyra and Dra?Ka made their way down the dark corridor. ?Demoiselle, are you sure that Qui-Gon Jinn can be found all the way down here??

?Obi-Wan sensed him here and I have learned to trust a Jedi?s abilities.? Dra?Ka gave Kyra no reply as she pulled a red streaked braid away from her face.

As the dug and the Sanderai warrior continued down the corridor, they noticed it was lined with cells. As well as five guards. Kyra drew her daja and a blaster Dra?Ka also drew a blaster. The guards noticed them and started firing, Kyra and Dra?Ka returned fire and shot three of them. One of the remaining two tried to contact Jakar but Kyra sliced his back before he could do anything. Dra?Ka shot the last guard as he aimed his blaster at Kyra. She ran back and gave her bodyguard a nasty look.

?Did you have to kill the last one Dra?Ka? We could have used hi
  2. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  3. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Part 7

Qui-Gon had been drifting in and out of consciousness; he had only just forced himself awake when his door slid open. He expected to see Jakar Hayes but saw the lanky, unmistakable for of Demoiselle Kyra Dulais, an unfamiliar form a dug entered also.

?Kyra?? he asked ?what aye you doing here?? Kyra pulled out her daja and sliced off his chains.

?Rescuing you, can you stand?? Qui-Gon, with Kyra?s help, stood and managed to stay up. Dra?Ka introduced himself hastily than ran out the door to check for more guards, he signaled for them to follow then went to Kyra?s side.

?We?d best hurry Kyra, Padawan Kenobi might need our help.?

Qui-Gon froze, for a moment the Sanderai and the dug thought the Jedi Master was going to faint. ?K-K-Kenobi?? Qui-Gon stammered. ?But Kyra Obi-Wan is-? before he could finish Kyra pulled out Obi-Wan?s pendent and pressed it into Qui-Gon?s palm.

Qui-Gon looked at the glittering rock for a minute, then clenched it in his large fist.

*Obi-Wan forced his eyes open and saw water. He didn?t thought Obi-Wan. *
    *The water pressure was heavy so Obi-Wan used most of his little strength just pushing the coffin lid up*
    *?By the saints we all thought you were dead!?.I?ve got to find out how you survived!?*
    * Obi-Wan allowed himself to cry when he saw his Master lose control and had to be subdued*
    *..Poison so close no healer could suspect the difference*

Qui-Gon saw it all.

Obi-Wan crept through the hallway as silently as possible, he hadn?t seen a single guard or even a holo-cam.

He must be taking this revenge business very seriously.

He looked around the corner and saw what looked like the old observation room, where the jailers kept close watch over the prisoners.

Jakar must be using it as some kind of command deck.

Obi-Wan looked at the ceiling and saw a maze of beams. He used the force to jump to the highest beam. All he could do now was watch and wait.

Kyra Dulais waited for Qui-Gon to come out of his trance, Dra?Ka came holding a small hilt that Kyra identified as Qui-Gon?s lightsaber. Qui-Gon?s eyes snapped open, they were quite teary. Kyra found herself on the verge of tears as she heard Qui-Gon whispering ?he?s alive, he?s alive? over and over again.

?Was he hurt at all?? asked Qui-Gon in a voice barley above a whisper. Kyra shook her head no.

?Dra?Ka, I want you and Qui-Gon to go back to the boat. I?ll let you know if we are in any danger.? Qui-Gon and Dra?Ka would hear none of it and started objecting, Kyra held out her hand to silence them. ?Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan would kill me if I let you come with me after what you?ve been through. Dra?Ka, I want you to go because from what I know about Qui-Gon he won?t cooperate.? Qui-Gon was not going to take this from a teenager, even if she was a trained Sanderai warrior.

?Kyra, the only way you are going to keep me away is if you beat me into a coma. I need to come.? If the situation wasn?t so grave Kyra would have burst out laughing, but she sighed instead.

?I think Obi-Wan has picked up a few things from you, that is the exact same line he used with me when I tried to keep him away.?

Qui-Gon smiled and Dra?Ka handed him his lightsaber.

Jakar Hayes sat at his chair in the old observation room holding a holo picture of his father. Jakar missed his father dearly, he was the only person Jakar had ever loved. When Milar and his idiot accomplice Lars Merkin had tried to lure the hated Qui-Gon Jinn into their hands, Jakar had had a bad feeling from the start. Now Lars was dead by Milar?s hand and Milar was dead by Demoiselle Dulais.

After his father?s death Jakar had been eager for revenge. Killing a trained Sanderai wasn?t easy so he needed a more direct way to get to her and the Jedi Master. Jakar knew that Qui-Gon?s feelings for Obi-Wan were equal or greater to his feelings for his father. Kenobi was the easiest way to get to them both.

Jakar absent-mindedly paged the guards
  4. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Woo Hoo! It looks like the fun is just starting :)
  5. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *misson impossiblt theme* Obi to the RESUCE!!!!

Just a quastion: did i over dramatize Qui's reaction. I can fix that up

-------------------------------------

Part 8

Damn thought Obi-Wan as he watched Jakar storm out. Obi-Wan immediately recognized how the gravity of the situation had increased and prepared to follow. All of a sudden durasteel walls appeared under the beam he was kneeling on and all around the sides. He was trapped.

Qui-Gon Jinn, Kyra Dulais and Dra?Ka crept down the hallways of the abandoned prison. All of them had lightsaber, daja or blaster drawn and ready to be used. Suddenly, they heard footsteps coming toward them, they hid in an alcove. Jakar Hayes stormed right past them.

He knows I?m gone.

Jakar showed no reaction to the slain guards but a look of rage came across his face as he found the cell empty.

?Demoiselle Dulais?? he called mockingly, ?Master Jinn do you want to join your Padawan this desperately?? Qui-Gon knew that Jakar was trying to hide the fact that Obi-Wan was alive.

Qui-Gon started to draw the Force around him but Kyra grabbed his arm with Sanderai iron muscle behind it.

?Don?t even think about it,? she whispered as Jakar disappeared. Dra?Ka looked around and ushered them ahead. Kyra knew that he was trying to contact Obi-Wan.

? Obi-Wan has tried many times to get to you, he knocked himself out the last time, what makes you think now is a good time.? scolded Kyra.

Qui-Gon had no answer, he just wanted to feel Obi-Wan?s presence again. He wanted to grab that boy, hold him in his arms and never let him go. With those thoughts in his mind he didn?t feel the disturbance in the Force, he didn?t warn Kyra and Dra?Ka when Jakar appeared out of nowhere and stunned them.

Obi-Wan frustration turned to surprise as the durasteel walls mysteriously disappeared. Realizing that something was very wrong he crawled across the beams toward where he had come. He saw the split pool where he, Kyra and Dra?Ka had emerged. Obi-Wan immediately froze at the sight before him, Qui-Gon, Kyra and Dra?Ka were bound with heavy chains dangling over the seemly bottomless pool. Obi-Wan prepared to jump off the beam but stopped as Jakar glided into the room.

Qui-Gon shook himself awake, and realized he was hanging over water. Next to him Kyra and Dra?Ka slowly came to. For the first time Qui-Gon noticed Jakar, he was standing on a small platform hovering centimeters above the surface and was looking up at the smiling viciously. He was also holding a small remote. Kyra began to swear at him violently in Sanderai with Dra?Ka trying to shut her up.?Welcome back,? screamed Jakar over Kyra?s profanities, ? thank you for giving me this divine opportunity to kill you all at once.?

Kyra stopped cursing, Jakar looked straight at Qui-Gon before speaking again. ?I don?t know if you know what I am about to reveal but it doesn?t matter now, my revenge is nearly complete.? Jakar looked to the ceiling that was a maze of steal beams, Qui-Gon couldn?t even see a shadow.

?Padawan Kenobi,? called Jakar, ? I have an interesting situation for you: Either show yourself and surrender or you will doom your friends and Master to a watery grave.? Jakar pressed a button, the three captives made a small drop toward the pool. Qui-Gon thought he heard a small splash but he saw nothing ?

Show yourself boy!? screamed Jakar. Kyra launched into a fresh array of Sanderai curse words, but was silenced by Dra?Ka?s foot.

Qui-Gon looked into the pool and saw a shadow ,it could have been anything but Qui-Gon distinctly saw it moving rapidly toward the surface. The force surged and the shadow leapt from the depths: it was Obi-Wan. Jakar turned two seconds to late, Obi-Wan threw his arms around Jakar?s neck as he tumbled back into the pool. As he fell, Jakar pressed a button on his remote. As the three prisoners fell into the pool they did the one thing they could do; they held their
  6. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    I thought you promised no more claustorphobic scenes [face_laugh] sorry but getting trapped under water is the worst for me- I can;t even scuba dive anymore.
  7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sorry....I didn't think being dropped underwater while chained couted as a claustrophobic situsation

Well no more after this one..this time I'm positive!!!
  8. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Part 9

Qui-Gon knew that in his weakened state he wouldn?t be able to last very long holding his breath underwater, Kyra was Sanderai and could last a bit longer: the difference was in minutes. The three chained captives watched as Obi-Wan and Jakar battled under the water, Qui-Gon was very disturbed that all he could do was sit and watch. Obi-Wan pulled away and pulled out a rod: Kyra?s daja. He tossed it as Kyra turned and caught it with her bound hands.

As Kyra furiously worked at her chains, Jakar lunged at Obi-Wan and grabbed his arm and twisted it as hard as he could. Obi-Wan stopped himself from screaming but the pain was enough to enter into the previously untouchable Master/Padawan bond. Qui-Gon then knew that Jakar had broken Obi-Wan?s arm, he felt Obi-Wan?s and his own consciousness fading. The Force surged a warning. //Obi-Wan watch out!/// The last thing Qui-Gon heard was the snapping of chains and the last thing he saw was Jakar lodge a dagger in Obi-Wan? s already wounded shoulder.

Qui-Gon awoke in the Jedi Temple?s infirmary with Mace Windu sitting next to him.
    ?Qui-Gon, are you OK?? Qui-Gon sat up and immediately remembered seeing Jakar stab his Padawan.

?Mace?have I lost him again?? Mace shook his head,

?it was just his shoulder but he was in a coma for three days. You?ve been out for a week and three days; five of those in a Bacta tank.?

Mace began to explain the story according to Kyra Dulais? s report. She broke free of her chains and went after Jakar, Obi-Wan had then passed out from the pain and a rock that Jakar had thrown that hit his head. They fought for his dagger, Jakar lost his grip and the dagger fell directly under his ribs, he stabbed himself. Kyra had freed Dra?Ka, who was still conscious, and brought Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon to the surface. Kyra had to perform AR on Obi-Wan but he began to breathe again just before they were picked up and brought to the Temple.

Qui-Gon was very relieved that he hadn?t had to go through the grief of losing his apprentice all over again and asked Mace where Obi-Wan was. Mace smirked.

?He?s locked in his quarters.? Qui-Gon?s eyes widened and he demanded an explanation.

When Obi-Wan had awoken he had refused to move from Qui-Gon?s side, he didn?t eat or sleep which was especially dangerous considering his condition. They had locked him in his quarters after 4 days had passed. ?He was originally just confined but he escaped three times and the last one involved him trying to mind trick me, so I locked him in.?

Qui-Gon started laughing insanely as Mace tried to maintain a serious composure but failed miserably. Mace said that Obi-Wan was currently being paid a visit by Kyra, Dra?Ka and Bant. Mace tried to get Qui-Gon to promise him to give Obi-Wan a good telling off but Qui-Gon shook his head.

?You know I?m more likely to congratulate him.?

?Do you want to leave this room in one piece Qui-Gon??

? Hey, no picking on me or I?ll tell Yoda who stole his gimmer stick when this certain person was an initiate.?

?Fine, fine, fine the Healers are going to check you over and don?t try and hide anything. You won?t leave this room until I have a thumbs up.?
    ------------------------
    last part will be up tomorrow [face_cry}
  9. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    had to lock Obi-Wan in his quarters [face_laugh]
  10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just to torment you guys I have only posted half of the last part. I want to see how you guys react to the end of this half
    ------------------------------------

Part 10

?I win,? exclaimed Bant as Kyra and Obi-Wan groaned and Dra?Ka threw his cards on the table. Obi-Wan moved his right arm, which was in cased in a cast, out of his way. ?You?ve won all seven times Bant. This is not fair!? Bant?s silver eyes danced as she snickered, ?I know.?

Bant, Kyra and Dra?Ka were trying to distract Obi-Wan from thinking about Qui-Gon or planning escapes by playing a card game with him. But the faraway look in Obi-Wan?s eyes and the fact they?d been playing for nearly two hours showed that they efforts were having little or no effect. Kyra glanced at the chronometer.

?We?d have better get going.?

Obi-Wan stood, ?you mean you?re leaving before?.? Obi-Wan let the sentence hang in the air. Kyra put her hands on his shoulders and gave him a hug.

?He?ll be fine. Call me when he wakes up.? Dra?Ka stood on his feet and shook hands with Obi-Wan as he left, Bant gave him a hug and a look that dared him to try anything as she walked away.

Qui-Gon walked down the hall and nearly collided with Dra?Ka and Kyra as they made their way to the hanger.

?Qui-Gon! You?re awake!? Kyra exclaimed.

?How is he?? asked Qui-Gon.

?He?s fine physically and mentally, I?m not sure about emotional part.? Kyra also added that he was quite angry about being locked up.

?Go to him,? said Dra?Ka, ?he probably has not been told.? They said their good-byes and Qui-Gon continued walking.

Obi-Wan stared at his enemy and wished he could slice it in half.: his enemy was the kitchen. When he had first been locked up he had asked Mace Windu if he could get food from the dining hall but he was denied the permission. Mace seemed amused about the whole mind trickery thing but was determined to see him suffer for it. Obi-Wan had avoided cooking as much as possible by eating very old leftovers. But, since he had noticed that he was losing weight he decided that he had to except the inevitable: he?d have to cook.

Obi-Wan decided to make soup, it was the easiest thing he could think of. He managed to do everything with his left hand and then left the pot on the cooker to cook. He felt a stabbing pain in his shoulder and went for his pain killers, he then inspected the pill very carefully before taking it. Healer Arcro had contacted the Counsel stating that Obi-Wan had been poisoned by someone, most likely Jakar, contaminating his anti-virus serum.

He smelt something burning, he turned and saw the pot overflowing. ?

Oh Sith!? he cried as he switched the cooker off. He tried to pick up the heavy pot but split some of the boiling liquid on his good arm. He screamed in pain and ran out of the kitchen swearing all the way. He didn?t even notice the door open, Obi-Wan then ran into the wall and knocked himself out.
  11. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    you are cruel (how's that for a reaction)
  12. BlueJedi Jedi Master

star 1
    very Slapstick ending!! funny

I like it.

I will like the upcoming mush even more

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here;s the lst post :_|

thanx for sticking withthis fic!

________________________________-
    Qui-Gon had never heard so many profanities since he had made Kyra Dulais acquaintance. He ran to his Padawan and checked for serious injuries, none. He picked up Obi-Wan and lay him on his bed. He thought of sitting there until he woke up but when he saw how thin Obi-Wan was he decided to surprise him.

Obi-Wan groaned loudly and massaged his head. He glanced as his good arm only to see a red colouring and no pain, obviously someone had treated it.

?OK Bant you can come out now,? he called but received no answer. He stood and winced as he realized he had turned his ankle. He swore in a variety of different languages as he made his way to the kitchen, he almost fainted in surprise.

There was an actual meal set out and the mess he had made was cleaned up. Bant was a better cook than he was by far but this was beyond her ability, what was more surprising was that the table was set for two.

?What in Sith?s hell is going on here?? he thought out loud.

?How many times do I have to tell you to watch your language.? came a voice from behind him. Obi-Wan turned and saw Qui-Gon. He crossed the room as quickly as possible without running and threw himself into his Master?s outstretched arms.

Qui-Gon lost his balance and they fell onto the sofa, Obi-Wan winced slightly at impact.

?Master, you?re OK!? whispered Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon held him close and gave him a kiss on the forehead. ?Thank-you for coming back to me young one,? Qui-Gon whispered back. Obi-Wan looked at him with a teary gaze,

?I came so close to losing you that I now know how you must have felt and I?m sorry.?

?It wasn?t your fault and you know it.?

Obi-Wan gave a small smile and stood as his stomach growled, Qui-Gon laughed.

?Remind me to teach you how to cook, and I believe I have a lecture to give about mind tricking your elder.? Obi-Wan smiled, he was looking foward to this

END

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.