main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reversal of Fortune

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Star_Wars_Freak_2006, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_Jedi_Luke

Yoda_Jedi_Luke Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    Yes, and you can check out artwork from Tom Hodge's website, with some stuff that looks a bit like the teaser pic on the Hyperspace page.

http://tomhodges.com/Gallery/swpage.html

2. Yoda_Jedi_Luke

Sep 4, 2003
    Ah, hello Tom! I love your work, and cant wait to see the strip!

Can you tell us at least how you found General Grievous to draw, do you like the way you have drawn him, etc?

3. Reckless_Fable

Reckless_Fable Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2004
    TH replied to a query concerning storyline I made on the OS with the following(paraphrased):

In order to write a story to fit in with the timeline, it had to be coordinated with Clone Wars Season 3, various comics, novels and Revenge of the Sith.

4. Yoda_Jedi_Luke

Sep 4, 2003
    aha, ok thanks. so i dont suppose you know what the general grievous will look like? will he resemble the version as seen in the clone wars animation?

5. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    You mean what will MY version look like? You'll have to wait and see. I can tell you that the image on the main site I did a while ago is a far cry from what I'm doing for the webstrip. For some reason, It's still has the animated feel but it much more detailed. It's not as simple as my normal stuff is. More linework.

6. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    Yeah, this is truly going to be exciting. At least we will have an official LFL story (I think it was completely written by Paul Ens) that we can follow along everyday.

Hey TH, if you are still lurking, how many panels is each strip? Is it like the standard daily strip (3 or 4 panels)? Also, on the OS you said that these strips were more detailed than the teaser drawing (used to promote the strip)... that looks pretty detailed to me. How much more detailed can you get? :D

edit: LOL! You answered that last question before I finished asking it. Freaky.

RB

7. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Why is it assumed that just because WE didn't see Barris Ofee on set that she won't be in the film? Why bother to take so much time prepping her and her costume for no reason. The very likely answer is that she was filmed fighting off the Temple invasion, something we never got to see.

And in answer to a previous question, I believe Bariss was promoted to Jedi status in the Clone Wars cartoon.

8. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Indeed she was promoted to full Jedi status and we know from PH that Bariss and Luminara were at least going to film scenes for Epi III. Whether they remain in the final cut is a something we won't know until the big day in May.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    This is probably based loosely off of Aayla's scene in ROTS, where she reports in via hologram.

10. Razorback

Oct 2, 2001
    Interesting. Since it leads up to and into ROTS it very well could have scenes that are in the movie.

RB

11. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    I'm very excited about these comic strips. Very...very excited :)

12. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Pablo said that Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee, and Bultar Swan have not filmed scenes and were not all going to be in the film. Unless they filmed scenes during pick-ups, they did not film at all. I'm sure there is plenty of stock footage that wasn't used of them fighting in the Geonosis arena from AOTC that could be used for background shots just to say they made it in the film for ROTS.

13. SlytherinHouse

SlytherinHouse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2000

So how long will these strips run? Will it be continuous all the way up to May? That seems like a whole lot of work, but I guess if PVP and Dork Tower can do a new cartoon everyday, then it's possible.

Sly

14. Darth-Exodus

Darth-Exodus Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2002
    Yes, very excited about this comic strip. :)

Something new to look forward to each day.

How long will it be running Tom? :)

15. Razorback

Oct 2, 2001
    I think they said it will run all the way up until ROTS is released. Unless they just meant the story will and that it may end before the movie comes out.

RB

16. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    We'll be going all the way until May or June I believe. Part One ends JUST before Christmas and it picks up right after the New Year. there will only be a short break for the Holidays and we get back into it quick!

It's going to be a Fun and Wonderful 8-9 months! It's going to be Funderful! :)

17. DarthScubbles

DarthScubbles Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2004
    It's going to be a Fun and Wonderful 8-9 months! It's going to be Funderful!

Nah, its going to be the longest 8 months ever!

18. Holocron_Collector

Holocron_Collector Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2001
    This sounds great! TH, you're doing the artwork?! Wow!

19. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    Yea, but we're getting the trailer soon enough... it's almost November and between The webstrip, trailers, sneak peek figures and Clone WArs season 3... it'll fly by!

20. cygnusjedi1

cygnusjedi1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2003
    Tom's doing the art? sweet dude! good luck on it! any chance of it getting released in Graphic novel format when its done?

im definitely gonna check it out.

Good luck with it Mr. Hodges

21. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    I can tell you that the story is coordinated with the timeline and that's about all I can say. It starts a few days before the events of RotS, as it was stated in the story at the OS. I'd love to say more, but that would just ruin it.

Sounds great. I'm wondering, will the entire run of the strip focus on those few days before ROTS, or will the strip progress into or past the timeline of the film?

22. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    Hmm, that's a good question...

23. Yoda_Jedi_Luke

Sep 4, 2003
    Thanks Tom, for answering my question! I love your work, btw!

Did you find Grievous more complex, than say, Vader, to draw - because of the intricate lines and shapes?

24. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    Grievous is complex. There's things about hom that fans haven't had a chance to see yet. :)

25. Yoda_Jedi_Luke

Sep 4, 2003
    Interesting, will we see these things in the webstrip? Oh, this feels like a celebrity chat on Hyperspace!

Also, Tom, I am a very good artist and love to draw Star Wars and was wondering if you could take a look at some of my art work, and tell me how I can go further? I'll PM you with it if you don't mind, sorry for being a pest though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.