Reversal of Roles (JA) - one post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Title: Reversal of Roles
    Author: Arwen Jade Kenobi
    Rating: PG
    Summary: A slight reversal of roles...
    Disclaimer: I do not own Obi or Qui (try and wish as I might) This is for fun only
    Authors Note: Got idea from a scene in "Arrows of the Queen" by Mercedes Lakey so the idea isn't entiely mine either

=======================
    Reversal of Roles

Qui-Gon's POV

My head hurts, a good sign that I'm awake at least. Pain informs you that you're alive, which I know that I am lucky to be.

Obi-Wan and I were sent to some jungle planet, which I have forgotten the name of, to handle a terrorist threat. Unfortunatly, the terrorists are a group of children who are think that all adults should be dead or slaves to them.

Imagine how pleased they were when I walked off the transport.

One of the members of the resistance, a young girl about Obi-Wan's age helped us get around. But it still required either her or Obi-Wan to stand guard outside my bedroom door.

I don't know how long ago it has been now but we eventually found out that these kids were not going to have an adult - a stranger as well - parading around their planet. So they got a bit, shall we say, angry.

If angry extends to bombs and other major weaponry.

Telani and Obi-Wan did the best they could, but all their forces were consintrated on me.

I spent a long time as their prisonner, the last thing I remember is Obi-Wan bursting into on omy my interrogations sessions and looking ready to hack all the kids to pieces.

I hope de didn't, I don't what to find out he's turned.

I open one eye to a slit, the scene that greets me is a shocking one. One that I have never expected to see.

My Padawan is sitting in a chair, a loaded blaster rifle and his lightsaber lying across his lap and I can see the shine of wrist-daggers from under his sleeves. He's sleeping but I can tell that he's just dozing.

At fist I can't understand why he's got weapons in plain view, but the truth hits me: He's guarding me.

This is an intestinfg switch, usualy it is I who is the protector. The one who keeps Obi-Wan safe, now here is is protecting me from some nationalist radicals.

I hear footsteps and scratching noises outside my door, my apprentice is a blur of motion as he leaps from his chair and leaps in front of my bed, lightsaber ignited.

I can tell from here that not one shot will even get far enough before he dispatches them.

"Come on," I hear him whisper. "Give it your best shot, it you want to kill someone I'm all yours."

The words scare me, these are words that could have come from my own mouth if positions were reversed. I can't help but feel safe at the sight of him standing there, the nagging sense teling me that I could very well lose him.

And. He. Doesn't. Care.

His only concern is my safety, just as mine would be. Personal injury was a far away second priority.

The door opens and Obi-Wan sends his blade arcing.

To stop inches from Telani's neck.

"It was stuck." she rasped, I supposed she lost her voice at some point. I can see some thrash mark on her throat. "I had to ram it."

Obi-Wan sighed, apologized and disengaged the saber. Telini lowers their voices and start talking as I breathe a sigh of relief. They don't hear me, I don't even think that they have noticed that I'm awake.

Just as well, I'm too tired to talk. I close my eyes and try to drift back into sleep.

That image of my protector: Obi-Wan sleeping with lightsaber, rifle and wrist daggers standing guards is enough to give me my assurances.

This reversal of roles isn't so bad.

END
  2. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    nice post wingmate
  3. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Most interesting POV. :D

Great job, Arwen. :)
  4. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Interesting to see Obi-Wan in the part of herald-trainee Skiff :)
  5. snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Arwen!
    Very cool, that was really good!
    s-wk
  6. kylie_skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    oh that was cool, arwen! nice to see im not the only mercedes lackey fan on the boards!
  7. sabercrazy Jedi Master

star 4
    ::enthused clapping::

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

[face_love]
  8. Velvet_Elfin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow Arwen this was fantastic. I enjoyed how you were able to convey Qui-Gon's tolal trust in his Padawan and to actually compair the actions to his own. It's nice to see Quiin a light as something other than an idiot. Thank you for the wonderful story.

Velvet
  9. Nat Jedi Master

star 4
    It was a very nice vignette, and an interesting point of view!

The only problem with this kind of story is that I always want more! ;)
  10. SilverWander Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.