main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Reversion (Corran Horn short fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyElaine, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyElaine

LadyElaine Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Title: Reversion
    Author: LadyElaine
    Rating: PG
    Category: Gen
    Pairing: None
    Summary: Corran Horn's X-Wing is forced out of hyperspace and into an ambush.
    Disclaimer: The characters and situations of Star Wars belong to George Lucas and Lucasfilm, Ltd. Corran Horn belongs to Michael A. Stackpole. The only I profit I make is (hopefully) feedback.
    Feedback: If you know how to give a critique, please do so. If you don't, give it a try anyway. Even if you don't find anything wrong, at least tell me what I'm doing right! Be as brutally honest as you like, I won't bite your head off.
    Notes: This is an experiment. It's my first foray into a real "action" scene/story, so there's probably plenty to sink your critiquing teeth into.

Reversion

?Rogues, ten minutes to reversion,? came Wedge Antilles? voice, crackling over Corran?s headset, and he double-clicked his comm in acknowledgement.

Abruptly, his X-Wing began to shudder, and Whistler, his astromech, shrieked in alarm. The blue-white tunnel of hyperspace collapsed into starlines, then into whirling stars, as the fighter dropped back into realspace. Corran wrestled with the control yoke as his X-Wing tumbled wildly. ?Nine to Lead, what happened?? His comm returned nothing but static.

?Whistler, what happened? Where are we?? he demanded as he finally brought the bucking starfighter under control. A quick visual scan showed that the rest of the Rogues were nowhere to be seen. Whistler hooted and squealed, and a dizzying array of diagnostics, coordinates, and complaints flashed over his screen. ?Whoa, slow it down. Coordinates first, then try and figure out what the problem is.?

Sudden dread made his fingers clutch the control yoke, and he ruddered hard to port as the droid shrilled a warning.

?I think we?re in trouble, Whistler.? The Victory-class Star Destroyer hung several hundred klicks away, but the droid had no problem displaying the TIEs on Corran?s screen as they were vomited from the Imperial ship?s launch bay. ?Yes, we are definitely in trouble.?

Whistler moaned in agreement.

?Maximum power to forward shields,? Corran ordered, ?and get me a torpedo lock on one of those TIEs.? His targeting reticle turned from green to yellow, and finally to red as Whistler?s steady tone told Corran he had a good lock. The X-Wing shivered slightly as he triggered a pair of torpedoes, and the blue-white streaks hurtled through the spangled black of space toward the flock of distant, gleaming enemy fighters.

?I count five eyeballs and three squints,? said Corran, referring to the TIE fighters and the bent-winged TIE interceptors, as he cycled through the targets onscreen. He knew the latter would be more trouble than the former, because of the interceptors? increased speed and maneuverability--a good interceptor pilot could fly circles around even a speed-happy A-Wing.

One of the torpedoes found its mark a moment later, turning an enemy ship into a short-lived, fiery blossom. Make that four eyeballs. The other torpedo streaked away on a random course, its computer brain counting down the remaining minutes of fuel before it, too would explode.

Corran evened his shields out fore and aft, and then he was in the midst of the TIEs, rolling and juking evasively as volley after volley of hot green energy sought him. But as quickly as he had entered the maelstrom, he shot out the other side.

Reversing thrust, he flipped the fighter keel-over-cockpit and fired a quad burst of his lasers almost point-blank into an oncoming TIE fighter. One red laser flashed by harmlessly over the fighter?s starboard wing, but two others drilled through the TIE?s own laser cannons, and the fourth shattered the viewport and burned through the pilot?s chest.

Wish Tycho were here to see that one, Corran thought as his X-Wing flew through the fireball, Whistler shrilling and squalling. ?Hang on there, buddy, we?re not out of this yet,? he told the

2. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Ohhhh, I get first reply (unless some1 replies while I'm writing this)

all good, but for 1 problem.

The limplet's that the Wraiths encounterd were tracking devices. They did nothing but track movement.

The hyperspace bombs would NOT have stuck to an X-Wings hull and would have pulled all of them out of hyperspace as well as disabling them and wiping all temp memorary, Etc Etc.
    other than that problem exelently written.

[edit]On a re-read I notice that you had Tych say related to the hyperspace bombs, my bad [/edit]

3. LadyElaine

LadyElaine Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Yeah, I was searching for something that would pull Corran out without pulling the rest of the Rogues out, and that's the best I could come up with.

Any other ideas on what could do that are more than welcome! (I'm not exactly an expert on SW tech...)

4. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    very nice

gotta love my corran ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.