SNG REVIEW: HASBRO's Episode II Figures

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81 Force Ghost

star 3
    went to Isetan Parkway... not much, spot a few Geonosian, plus the usual peg warmers...

The best thing was the Library! Had ARTS of Episode II (AOTC) and the hardcover of Episode II too! So fast!

I borrowed a few books... very happy! Will be going down more often! So much books there!
  2. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Did u happen to go to MPH? Any SW books there?
  3. HumsupFett Jedi Knight

star 3
    jazz - The reason is simple - "articulations".
    You can pose a single 12" figure in almost any pose you want and when you are sick of this pose, change another stance ;)
    Not like the 3.75" ones where you have to have 2 Jangos (ie Kamino Escape & Final Battle) to have them pose differently and you have to pay 2 times....
    Then the clothings is more "real", I hate plastic coats like those on the 3.75" Jedis, they just looks like chocolate coatings Whahaha!!! There will have nice flowing coats for the Jedis over at the 12" arena.

I can go on and on and on.... but I shall stop here cos there 12" are not cheap either :)
  4. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Humsupfett - Thank u for your insight ;). I now understand why 12"'s are so appealing..you're right, the price is quite high, so I gotta save up if I want to get my first one. The new Ultimate Jango looks really nice, but it's over a hundred dollars. :( :_|
  5. bobafett81 Force Ghost

star 3
    I guess less people will be out hunting figures starting this week coz got WORLD CUP! ;)

I'm waiting for Palpatine wave. ETA - Jun 02
  6. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I got only a very few 12": Maul, Vader, Amidala, Padme etc. Wish can get more but some things must be out at first piority. :p

Good Nite! Zzzzzzzzzzz
  7. bobafett81 Force Ghost

star 3
    Case breakdown for Chewbacca wave:

84851017 Collection 1 Basic Figure Assortment
    Darth Vadar (Bespin) x 2
    Luke Skywalker (Bespin) x 2
    Mace Windu (Geonosian Rescue) x 2
    Jango Fett (Arena) x 2
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Pilot) x 2
    Han Solo x 1
    Chewbacca w/ C-3PO X 1
  8. tmingyang Jedi Knight

star 3
    i got han solo, i wan chewie to accompany him. any sighting post here
  9. HumsupFett Jedi Knight

star 3
    You are most welcome jazz :)
    I'm out hunting for a Han Solo today but there is none :( More bad news... Carrefour are now selling the figs at $17.5 (used to be $15.9) but still 40cents cheaper than outside.

Yeah, the Jango 12" is costing a limb... even me working, still hesitate to buy it.
  10. tmingyang Jedi Knight

star 3
    confirm? carrefour really raise its price? maybe the supplier angry...of TRU pissed off coz they have the exclusive rights to sell only den Carrefour business better than them
  11. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm, with Carrefour raising prices, I guess it's bad for us collectors. Now we're unable to get good deals :(.

DE - that sounds like alot of 12"'s to me! :D
  12. bobafett81 Force Ghost

star 3
    BREAKING NEWS:

The Official Site's Cargo Bay has added a few new names to the list of figures for the Saga line. No official images as yet, and some of these we have previously reported, but there is still plenty of stuff to get excited about.

While details are still sketchy at this time, and things like release dates and names may be changed as the items are released. But as we learn more, you can be sure, we'll keep you posted!

Basic Assortment:

Clone Trooper, Republic Gunship Pilot

Destroyer Droid - Arena Battle

Jango Fett: Slave 1 Pilot

Lott Dodd, Neimoidian Senator

Tusken Raider with Massiff

Watto - Mos Espa Junk Dealer

Deluxe Assortment:

Anakin Skywalker with Force Flipping Action

Anakin Skywalker with Lightsaber Slashing Action

C-3PO with Droid Factory Assembly Line

Clone Trooper

Flying Geonosian

Yoda with Force Powers

12" Assortment:

Electronic Jango Fett

Electronic Obi-Wan Kenobi

Unleashed:

Darth Tyrannus Unleashed

More money to spend, will we?

Die HASBRO Die!
  13. bobafett81 Force Ghost

star 3
    SAME SAD NEWS IN THE USA:

3 new figures are out in one of the most frustrating Star Wars case assortments. Obi-Wan (Jedi Starfighter Pilot), Chewbacca (Cloud City Capture), and Han Solo (Endor Raid) make up this 4th wave of collection 1 Saga figures.

SSG reporter Tycho found in a San Diego KB Toys one case of the newest assortment of Collection 1 Saga figures. Inside the box was a case assortment guaranteed to curl many toes, and Tycho saw the sealed case get delivered to the KB by UPS and opened on the spot, so it could not have been tampered with; the case breakdown is as follows:

2x Obi-Wan (Jedi Starfighter Pilot)
    1x Chewbacca (Cloud City Capture)
    1x Han Solo (Endor Raid)
    2x of each of the Bespin wave (Luke, Vader, Jango, Mace)
    You read that right, 2 instances of short-packing of a new figure in this newest wave instead of short-packing weaker sellers from the Bespin wave (aka wave 2) such as Jango (Final Battle) and Mace (Geonosian Rescue).

Tycho also sends in a note on Obi-Wan (Jedi Starfighter Pilot): Obi-Wan Pilot's undertunic is not softgoods, it appears to be the same plastic undertunic as the one on Obi-Wan (Coruscant Chase). The outer brown cloak is soft fabric and is superior to the robes they used in the Ep 1 accessory packs. The flight headset is molded onto the head instead of being removeable.

UPDATE - There is some confusion about whether this is the 5th wave of Saga figures or not. While this is the 5th wave to come out since April 23rd, the box itself says "Collection 1 - Wave 4". This is because it's the 4th wave of Collection 1 figures; as Tycho points out, the first 2 waves of Col 1 figures were out at the same time on April 23rd (Padme wave and Dooku wave), and the Bespin wave (Luke, Vader, Jango FB, and Mace) were the 3rd Col 1 wave, making Han, Chewie, and Obi-Wan Pilot the 4th wave of collection 1. So what Hasbro told you was true... from a certain point of view.

Sobsob...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.