main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Review of AOTC-Total spoiler free!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by jedihexer, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Well I promise not to upset anyone. This will be a short to the point review.

THIS FILM KICKS BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It truly was that good. Honest!

It is not Empire, but it is as good or better than Jedi. Some minor (very minor)plot flaws and 1 or 2 dumb optical effects. But overall, this is the one that will bring the fans back. Chris Lee is awesome and the entire cast does a great job. The last 20 minutes will truly give you the shivers, it is so exciting! I can hardly wait to se it again.

All I can say is I was blown away. I am a happy Jedi tonight. And I thought I was going to be disapointed.

The only really dumb thing...
    N-Sync is in the film...1 sec. only.
    It could have been worse. Let's live with it and move on.

There where aprox. 40 people in the audience. Most where reviewers from different medias-radio, magazine, papers. Only 1 person said is was o.k., the rest said they would give it 3-4 stars.
    This coming from some that didn't like the 1st one, and then said they would go back to this one again- just for the fun of it.

2. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Marcy told me I could read this because it was a good review, but warned me that something you said would make me mad. N*sync? Dear God, WHY!? First, tickets go on sale during C2, then the unholiest of pop culture thing since The New Kids on the Block is thrust into my world. I guess it really IS Attack of the Clones... Wicket can't eat Cheese Puffs, but the Bye Bye Bye band can be there... what kind of... Grrr... Do they die? Bon Jovi died in Young Guns 2, and that's why I liked the movie. They better not make action figures... Anyway, I'm done now, glad it was good and it aint no lie.

3. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Why not just put Pikachu in the thing and get it over with?

Seriously, I'm done now.

4. jedihexer

Apr 17, 2002
    There are Jedi killed...so let's just say they are 2 of many that get pasted! Hopefully by a aklay or reek.

5. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    See, for me, your last post is a spoiler. I didn't need to know that yet. :(

6. Darth_Lee

Darth_Lee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Well, at least they didn't give away the part at the end when Spider-Man swoops in from the tower and captures the bounty hunter in the streets of Corsucant. Or the part where the Gungans are picketing outside Palpatine's office with their "Fair play for Jar Jar!" signs.

7. Jedi_Bane

Jedi_Bane Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    damn ur lucky... and I already knew this movie would kick butt, thanx for confirming that anyways.

8. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Here's my thing. N*Sync...They ARE FANS. Joey Fatone espicially. He is a true fan of the films.

Now, who here can HONESTLY say that if they were a celebrity that they wouldn't try to get into a SW movie? I know I would. I'm not saying it's right or popular or cheap or anything. I'm just saying that they're fans like us, but with more Hollywood power.

That's just life and for two seconds a couple fans got in the movie. TWO SECONDS. I know I can live with that.

9. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Thing is N*sync is going to attract the young girls which is not the target audience and quite frankly (this is XX-wampa) they're just horrible horrible horrible...souless white boys with manufactured talent that happened to match the ingredients list some music producer wrote down on the back of some matchbook. It cheapens it..if fans should be in it..ask Kevin Smith.:)

10. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    See, I totally agree with that assesment, Marcy. I don't like N*Sync nor the girls that come with them. If I ever meet George, I'll have to ask him why he decided to put them in. I'm just saying that for two seconds, I, personally, can deal with it. But enough about N*Stink.

I'm SO glad the review was positive. And I'm glad it came from a fan. I know a couple people that got to go and they said it was "Ok, I guess". They weren't fans so I'm glad I got an opinion I can trust. :) Thanks for posting it, Hex!

11. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    XY-Wampa here. I guess if it comes down to N*Sync or more "deep do-do," flatulent animals or someone stepping in droppings, I'll take the band. I do think it's massively convenient that they appeal to the same crowd that made Titanic an insane hit, but as long as the film is good, I can deal with it.

By the way, on a completely unrelated note, I'm looking to form a boy band within the year so that we can be ready before principle filming of Epi... er, in time for the MTV video awards in a year.

Dwayne

12. Darth_Lee

May 1, 2002
    I personally wish, as long as George Lucas' daughter made him put them in, that he would have them get destroyed by someone with real talent...like Bruce Springsteen. :)

13. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Ah, yes...Darth Boss. He'd be a good choice for Project: Boy Band Extermination. :)

14. Darth_Lee

May 1, 2002
    Hey, Darth Boss...I like that! I'm going to go e-mail George Lucas right now. If he can put his daughter's favorite act in a movie, he can put my favorite in one too. ;)

15. milaub

milaub Jedi Master star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    N*Sync WAS in there?!?!? I didn't see them when I watched it! Man, that kinda sucks. Oh well. If some little girl becomes a star wars fan because they went to see episode 2 because of n*sync, so be it.

Mike

16. Figrin_D_an

Figrin_D_an Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Honestly, how many people are actually going to notice those guys in the film? How many people, outside of us die-hard Star Wars fans, actually know that those guys are in the film?

Frankly, I don't care if they are in the film or not, as long as they are in the background. Honestly, the whole thing really is no different from ET showing up in the Senate scene in TPM.

17. jedihexer

Apr 17, 2002
    O.K.- jeez you guys can take a dead horse and beat it. The fact is 1 of them is in it for less than a second.

The only thing worth mentioning is that Lucasfilm said they would not be in it...period. It has to do with what they think of us as fans, not plot of a film, etc.

There are TONS of surprises!!! This isn't one of them.

I know some people want to be spoiler free- that's all good. This is nothing compared to the 100 or so that hit this morning.They all had some plot in them. I could tell all, but won't. It will be more fun to see your faces at the end of the film.

18. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    All I have to say is that I don't even know what any member of that boy band looks like so it won't bother me! I don't like their music so I pay no attention to the media hype surrounding them. 1 or 2 seconds I can live with...just be glad it wasn't Michael Jackson! That would really make me puke my SW Fritos all over the person sitting in front of me in the theater!

19. Darth_Lee

May 1, 2002
    CaptMereel, I just read your sig. Do you have something against Star Wars: A New Hope that you don't consider that film to be Episode IV like everyone else does? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.