main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Revive Star Wars Anonymous meetings?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Kai, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Starting this in a new post....

"hansoloschinscar POSTED 5:04pm Subject:
    Hi. My name is Chris AKA hansoloschinscar. I've been a a member of the SSWS since I moved here from Chicago over three years ago. I've been to a couple meetings in the past and even hosted a Star Wars Anonymous mneeting at my house in Burien. People loved the meeting in my little SW fortress of solitude 'cause they loved the clubhouse atmosphere and also that it was convenient. Last spring I posted on another board (Garrison Titan's I believe) pleading that if anyone else out there wants to restart the SWA meetings again, I would be up for it. I even offered up my place again. I got a few interested responses, but nothing serious. I want to meet and discuss with other fans about the new DVDs, ROTS and other SW related topics. I think that the Seattle Star Wars community as a whole should rally together and make our last few months leading to ROTS memorable ones. Because until the rumors about Episodes VII-IX or a TV series are confirmed, we should treat ROTS as the end. And try to make the most of it now. I remember the sense that this was it when Sauron's tower fell in The Return Of The King. It was thrilling and saddening all at once. When Obi Wan and Anakin ignite lightsabers for THE DUEL, that feeling will be 10 times greater. I don't want to spend my final moments with Star Wars among strangers. I'm going all out next year. I'm going to have a Jedi outfit made and shave my head bald so I could be Mace Windu (you aren't offered a lot of options in the SW universe when you are black. Either you're Mace, Lando, or that guy in ROTJ who said "She's gonna blow!" right before he was vaporized. But I digress). All kidding aside, I want to spend my SW time with people I know and who cares for it as much or more than I do. I don't know what you want to call the meetings, SWA, Star Wars Seattle, I don't care. But I, oce again, offer my place as a meeting site. Anyone who is tuly interested, email (blacksurge1977@yahoo.com) or IM me for more info so we can get the ball rolling."

2. Jedi_Kai

May 27, 2001
    Chris.....I don't think I attended the SWA you hosted. But I'd be interested in future. However, I'll be out of town on business the week the DVD's are released.

And if you want help with that Mace Windu costume.....come see us at Alpha Base or the message boards at
    Alpha Base message board on Rebel Legion

3. Jedi_Kai

May 27, 2001
    In hopes of generating more interest, I've posted on the message boards of both Seattle area Star Wars costuming groups, directing them here.

4. LadySonnet

LadySonnet Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    I'd be up for attending a gathering.

Sonnet

5. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    I'm in, Jedi_Kai. [face_cowboy]

Let's do this.

EPISODE III --- :cool::eek:=D=

6. Jedi_Kai

May 27, 2001
    We already have, twice. See other threads. however, at this point we're a bit busy getting ready for Norwescon and CIII.

7. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Hey guys, I think the meetings are a good idea. I'll be willing to help with ever that needs to be done.

8. Jedi_Kai

May 27, 2001
    I doubt anything much will happen until after CIII. The

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.