VIDEO Revolution Is My Game: The Nintendo Wii Discussion

Discussion in 'Games' started by The2ndQuest, Oct 17, 2006.

1. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    >>I heard there was a controversy over whether Link was going to be left- or right-handed in this new game.<<

He was originally going to be left-handed, as he usually is, but when they revised the controlling scheme to allow for direct control over sword combat with the wiimote, they changed it to reflect the hand that'll be used by the majority of gamers.

However, they didn't just change the hand being sued by the character, or flip the character's sprite, they actually flipped the entire gameworld, so the GCN and Wii versions will be mirrors of each other.

>>Has anyone preordered if so what you preorder with it ect<<

I preordered the system, Zelda and Red Steel, since those are the only two titles that have a chance at selling out, unless we get a surprise hit.

I wanted to preorder a full set of controllers too, but I just didn't have the cash to spare last week- especially with the $10 amount per accesory required (and, with the nunhcuk being separate from the wiimote, that's $20 a controller set, which just made the option more imposisble- not to mention they did that evenf or the memory cards, and thats like half the total price ;) ).
  2. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    Trauma Center.
  3. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    Yeah so im probably going to wait a while before I get the console.

Ill prefer to play Zelda on the Gamecube because I dont feel the Wii controller is suited for RPGs.
    However, when games like Mario Kart and Mario are released, I'll be sure to get my console.
  4. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Man, today was the last day for reserving Wii accessories...can you believe no one reserved any with me?
  5. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    They're not taking pre-orders on accessories anymore? They couldn't have waited 3 more days for me to get paid? ;
    )
  6. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
  7. Richard-Drahcir Jedi Knight

star 3
    You 2 mods are lucky working in a games store. I'd love to work in one and influence people on what they should be buying :p
  8. clonetrooper1 Jedi Master

star 4
    preorders on mainly anything to do with the wii are no closed in my area.

They are Selling out fast
  9. ZombieProblems Jedi Knight

star 2
    As we near the onrush of the nex gen gaming systems, I am sad to say that, as much as I love my PS2, there is no way I am going to drop $600 on the PS3. That price is just completely outrageous and there is no way I can justify it. (Ditto the 360, btw; $500 isn't that much less.)

All that being said, I am leaning strongly in favor of forsaking Sony brand loyalty and picking up a Wii instead. The only problem being that I understand that the Wii isn't going to feature next gen graphics?! Is this true? Please somebody help me out here. I don't really care about HD graphics since I don't own an HD tv set, but if I'm going to plunk down cash for a next gen console, I reckon the graphics should be next gen, no?

All that being said, has there been any word on the next wave of STAR WARS games? And if so, what can we expect for the Wii?
  10. clonetrooper1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well i think the graphics on the wii will be updated but not as much as sony or micrsoft and nothing has been said about a star wars game for wii but nintendo Magazine have said that if there was it would most likely be a lighsaber type game

hope it helps you in some way
  11. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Nothing SW announced for the Wii. I belive the 'Worlds Apart' game is PS3 and 360 ATM. The graphics will be an improvement over Gamecube, but I'm not sure how big of one. Only runs up to 480p rather than the 1080p the other two can do.
  12. ZombieProblems Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks for the info, guys...

Question, though: what is "Worlds Apart"?
  13. clonetrooper1 Jedi Master

star 4
  14. ZombieProblems Jedi Knight

star 2
    OH!

Oh man... I need that. Hopefully there will be a Wii port? Either that or I'm going to have to wait for the PS3 to come down in price significantly...
  15. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I think it's pretty much a given that there will at some point be a Star Wars Wii game. Everyone's first thought on seeing the wiimote is "lightsaber". LucasArts would have to be morons not to make a Wii game...on second thought. We might not get one after all. [face_worried] :p
  16. Richard-Drahcir Jedi Knight

star 3
    lmao, well we haven't received a single DS game from LucasArts, barring the Ep3 game, but that was more or less the GBA game with the flying levels used better on DS.

Well the Wii graphics aren't quite as super-powered as the 360 graphics but there won't be much difference. Apparantly it's only the tiniest attention to detail that will be noticed but overall, Wii games will look really good anyway.
  17. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Lucasarts has hinted at a lightsaber game of some kind for the Wii, just nothing officially announced yet.

"Worlds Apart" I would imagine will go gunning for the top-end graphics approach (thus all the hype behind it due to the costs involved with that) so will probably only be on 360 and PS3, but we haven't heard anything specific yet as far as what consoles it'll actually hit.

But it makes sense that WA will hit 360 and PS3, while a lightsaber game of some kind hits the Wii- toss in lethal Alliance for DS and PSP and they'll have a title covering every major platform.

As for the graphics- I recall it being said the Wii will be approx. 1.5x more powerful, graphics-wise, than the original X-Box. So, the graphics will be pretty darn good (I mean, Resident Evil 4 anyone?), they just won't run in HD or in Dolby Digital. But if you don't have an HDTV, then the 360 and PS3 games won't look that much better anyways.
  18. Richard-Drahcir Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's right. Hopefully more people will pick up on this and not pass the Wii off as a Gamecube 1.5 or something. Twilight Princess should hopefully make people realise this as it has been built on Gamecuebe hardware. If people are wowed by the graphics on Twilight Princess then they'll be very happy when they realise Wii games will even better.
  19. clonetrooper1 Jedi Master

star 4
    slightly off topic here but this thread seems to have more intrest then the other 2

nintendo have won

sony, microsoft give up while you can
  20. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Haven't we learned that hype = nothing?

For all you know, the Wii could fall flat on its face.

But I'm proud to say that the 360 thread has the 2nd most replies. :p
  21. clonetrooper1 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's possible that it may fall flat on its face but if such a thing happens i have a plan: I just jump over to the next best thing a deny anything to do with the other
  22. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "You have more waffles,
    than a house of pancakes.
    You offer flip flops,
    I offer tax breaks."
  23. clonetrooper1 Jedi Master

star 4
    fixed
  24. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I'd suggest people contain their fanboy tendancies to diss other consoles- really no need for it, especially this early in the game before 2 of the consoles are even out. Remember, it took a year+ for the DS to explode, so it'll be some time before a clear winner emerges, and even then, fortunes can change.

Not to mention I think a lot of gamers will be going with "Wii60" or "PSWii" options for their gaming systems.

That and the purposes of the individual console threads was not to create an environment for "Console X sucks!" comments. (not saying any of the comments thus far are as bad as that, just stating).
  25. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    That is the ONLY game that intersts me, so far, from the Wii-launch lineup. I loved the DS game. Loved it. It's one of the most underrated titles I've ever played.

It's almost enough to get me to pick up a Wii as soon as possible. Almost, but I'm gonna need at least 3 more titles that really wow me...