VIDEO Revolution Is My Game: The Nintendo Wii Discussion

Discussion in 'Games' started by The2ndQuest, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Nintendo had a TON of stuff revealed at their E3 presentation:

Legend of Zelda: The Skyward Sword
    Kirby's Epic Yarn
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Goldeneye
    Epic Mickey
    Mario Sports Mix
    Wii Party

3DS
    Kid Icarus: Uprising

Plus a big list of other 3DS titles:
    DJ Hero 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Saints Row, Madden NFL, Dead or Alive 3D, Ninja Gaiden, Street Fighter IV, Ridge Racer, Metal Gear Solid, Professor Layton, and Samurai Warriors.

Blows Microsoft and it's Kinetic out of the water IMO. I haven't played my Wii in almost a year but it looks like I'll be dusting it off soon!
  2. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Yeah, I'm just trying to get caught up here, but Nintendo just earned about 3 months worth of my paychecks today. :p

Nintendo hasn't had an E3 like this in years.
  3. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    So I've shipped off my Wii for repair. It'll cost me $85 ($75+$10 S&H) but should be back in 10-16 days.

On the plus side they're sending me a replacement GCN Memory Card door free of charge, so i can finally replace the one my dad broke off while cleaning shortly after I got the machine.
  4. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    **** man, I think it's time I got a Wii....
  5. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    This, absolutely. Will be buying the 3DS launch day too.

Bravo Nintendo.
  6. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    This is a great year for Wii owners: a new Mario game, a new Zelda game, a new Metroid game, a new Donkey Kong game, Goldeneye, Epic Mickey... :D

edit: Now that I think about it, with that line up of games, it's almost like they've launched a new console. :p
  7. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Also looking forward to some 3rd party titles like Back To The Future & Jurassic Park episodes from Telltale, and the family will be into the Michael Jackson dance/sing game.

Wiiware titles are going to be hitting their stride too...

Jett Rocket

Red Sun Rising

And a Decent remake...

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/15/finally-wiiware-gets-a-descent-game/
  8. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    SWEET JEBUS DESCENT TOO?!

Well I already bought 1-3 from GOG but that's great. :p
  9. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Wow, those WiiWare games look great. WiiWare is something I haven't had much of a chance (or cash) to delve into as much as I'd like to- nice to have something to look forward to there when I do.
  10. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice to see more on Epic Mickey, that looks like it'll be good, and Wii Party is no surprise, but as I posted in the other thread, YES, new Donkey Kong Country! Kirby also looks pretty interesting, and while I never did get into Goldeneye back in the day (was never much of a multiplayer fan and not many kids in my neighborhood), it is still impressive to see Nintendo remaking it. Was never sure which console was going to get it, or rather, get to update it, since Goldeneye was a N64 title, but Rare is owned by Microsoft now.

And of course Zelda looks great, just too bad its not till next year. Too bad they didn't update us on Pikmin, but there were tons of other great stuff already.

Ah, so many Wii games to buy this year. Nintendo really had a great show this year, they brought out plenty of big guns (Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kirby, etc.).
  11. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    I admit, I lol'd when the title of the new Kirby game came up on the screen. Kirby's Epic Yarn? [face_laugh] But I have to admit, it looks pretty great. Gotta hand it to Nintendo for taking a concept out of left field (seriously, where do they come up with stuff like Paper Mario and Kirby's Epic Yarn?) and turning it into what looks like a solid game.

I just hope Nintendo doesn't go too far with the word epic. It already seems overused.
  12. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    So in light of Nintendo's amazing E3 conference, I went and bought a slightly used Wii on eBay for $130, and here are the games I've obtained thus far:

A Boy and His Blob
    Klonoa
    Mario Kart Wii
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii
    No More Heroes
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Wario Land: Shake It
    WarioWare: Smooth Moves

Thoughts? Anything I'm missing?
  13. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    Wait a minute you don't have one? Weren't you going nuts over Super Mario Galaxy 2 just last week or so?
  14. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Was I? All I remember is posting that IGN had given it a perfect 10. I'm definitely excited for it, but I've yet to beat the first one.
  15. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I'd add Smash Bros, Metroid Prime Trilogy (if you haven't played the first 2 yet, otherwise just get MP3), Zelda: TP (unless you played it on GCN), The Conduit & Mario Strikers Charged as must-plays.

Modern Warfare: Redux is also pretty good if you haven't played it on another system yet. There was also an awesome Metal Slug collection that came out early on for Wii too that's worth looking into if you dig Contra-style old school sidescroller shooters.
  16. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    This leads me to believe you have one. :p
  17. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Had. :p I sold it a while back, this is my second Wii.
  18. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
  19. XCell Jedi Master

star 4
    So I just want to pose a question for those with the motion-plus controllers: is it any good? Does it work better and more accruately than the regular Wiimote? I notice Wiis now come with them, and two games now.
  20. Legend_of_Leroy Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Yes it works very well, not many games i've played that use it though.
  21. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Got my Wii back today from NOA. So the repair time was about what was expected. They replaced the "Disc Drive Mechanism" and "Main Circuit Board" components. They even fixed the memory card door (in addition to the free one that was shipped separately, so my GCN memory card bay is all set for the foreseeable future ;)).

Sadly, I lost all my data- including my Miis and my ****ing Zelda savefile! Those are what were least expendable to me. I'd miss the Brawl data but that could be won back eventually in less time than it'll take for me to go through Zelda again (and I HATE going through the "training" stuff early on in a Zelda game a second time). My awesome records in WiiSports will also be missed.

Anyways, my friend code is 0551 4207 9834 1969.

22. Vengance1003 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The guys who did the Mario Marathon the last few years are doing it again. You guys should totally donate. They're finishing up Super Mario Wii right now before getting to Super Mario World.
    http://www.mariomarathon.com/
  23. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    WTF?! I've never heard of that before! These guys are my new heroes.

Is there any particular reason why they're playing in that order?
  24. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    That's pretty great, I'd totally do that for charity. Actually, I'd do that just for the hell of it.
  25. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    <sarcasm> Thanks for posting this. I've been addicted to watching this for three days now! </sarcasm>