VIDEO Revolution Is My Game: The Nintendo Wii Discussion

Discussion in 'Games' started by The2ndQuest, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Vengance1003 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    They finished like five minutes ago after raising $81,000. Insane.
  2. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    I know the point is to stretch it out as long as possible so people will donate, but for my money, I wanted to see some cool stuff, but they died A LOT, and at one time, the only guy that knew what he was doing had to take a phone call, and there were three other people in the room and NOT ONE of them knew how to play Mario 64. Very frustrating to watch most of the time, but I'm glad they raised so much for charity.

I did like the multiple webcams and the whole website was set up very well.
  3. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Anyone know of any sensor bar extension cables or alternate models with a longer cable?
  4. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
  5. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Well, I want to relocate my Wii so that it's not in as enclosed a space (next problem that'll cause: dust in GCN ports! ;)), in case that contributed to the problems that caused it to die on me before. But I know the cables are pretty much stretched to limits at the moment (to hide them from view, running them behind two small cabinets before they get to the TV) so I want to have options.
  6. roxez Jedi Knight

star 3
    Get a wireless one. There's also the supersized one at Best Buy, wireless and longer range.
  7. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Well, it's not going to be that far away, so I don't need to go wireless- I'd only be moving it 2-3 feet further.
  8. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Does anyone know where I can find a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for less than $70? Why did Nintendo stop production on it?
  9. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Metroid-Prime-Trilogy-Wii-Pre-Owned-Wii/13447375

Maybe they discontiuned them because maybe Nintendo plans to bring the Japan ones to the US and sell them separately, but that's just a shot in the dark...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Play_Control
  10. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
  11. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    I need some Wii help.

Recently my Wii has been acting very strangely. The picture on my tv screen will randomly flicker and then fail completely. I get a 'No Signal' on my TV screen at that point. Sometimes it would correct itself, I guess, and turn itself back on but now it seems to not want to come back at all. :( I have a 22" Insignia LED HDTV but I have component cables (the brand is Rocketfish) and it used to work just fine. It only started doing this recently when I finally got around to getting wireless internet for my place. Really, that's the only thing that's different from before. Has anyone experienced this? Is there some setting I need to change on my TV? Any help would be appreciated. :)
  12. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Anyone else been watching these Nintendo Week shows on the Nintendo Channel?

I hadn't watched any till tonight, after I heard about it on Club Nintendo's site. It's a decent infomercial/game news show- it's not Attack of the Show (though the cheese-factor with the hosts is kinda similar to that and other G4 shows), but it's short enough and to the point. I think it could benefit from more than one tip per episode, but it's kind of a mini-Nintendo Power summary, minus the fandom element.
  13. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
  14. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
  15. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    So I still don't have a Wii and I'm kind of happy because this new red one that just came out looks sexy as hell. ME WANT!
  16. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    http://au.ds.ign.com/articles/113/1137179p1.html

A bit early to talk about Wii2?

And with the new PS3 motion controller and the Kennect for the 360, we're really hitting the seventh And A Half generation. So I don't see any of these companies needing to annouce the Eighth generation consoles. And Apple will only release a .5 version every year for their hardware - whatever it may be. Apple wouldn't think in terms of generations.
  17. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    http://au.ds.ign.com/articles/114/1143159p1.html

Guess they didn't see a 3D market for the Wii then. As the PS3 can do it now though, I guess 3D will come on though next gen for the consoles.
  18. Legend_of_Leroy Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Not sure what will be the Wii's next big move once zelda is out, an upgraded console would be a good place to start the next set of major releases. I can see a Wii 2 being revealed by E3 2012, but this year they'll focus mainly on the 3DS and Zelda.
  19. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Super Metroid Developer's Map:

[image=http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/9/2011/02/b801e0650a67212c64bd10c4152b14b9/original.jpg]
  20. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    First Person SMB

:cool: They need to make that a real game- would make a great WiiWare title or something.
  21. Violent Violet Menace Force Ghost

star 4
  22. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    They could release Yoshi Safari on the Virtural Console or remake it for the WiiWare. That was something of a first person Mario game... riding Yoshi.
  23. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I'm surprised they haven't done a Super Scope 6 "Wiimake" disc- or at least configured them through the Virtual Console or WiiWare.

Throw in the original 6-pack-in games, Yoshi's Safari, Battle Clash, Metal Combat and T2 and you'd be solid.
  24. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Real-life power-shot bowling ;)

[image=http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/be576502-cdbc-4a03-9e4a-ec43cde043e0.gif]
  25. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Whoa... I wonder how much planning and preparation went into that.