VIDEO Revolution Is My Game: The Nintendo Wii Discussion

Discussion in 'Games' started by The2ndQuest, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    GET THE HELL OFF MY PLANE
  2. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I was right about Red Steel. Word is that multiplayer will not feature swords except for a once-off melee stun function.
  3. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    That sucks- they could have at least included it for a 2 player mode or something.

Ah well, the inevitable Red Steel 2 will probably have that and online multiplayer, I would imagine. Still, woulda liked to slice and dice some friends- be like using hand-to-hand in GoldenEye to take out opponents, hehe.
  4. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, almost as big a disappointment as discovering that swordplay in Red Steel wouldn't be 1-to-1. I don't think I'll end up getting it now, unless it gets really good reviews. The initial premise has now lost its edge - it is just another Wii shooter, now.

But yeah, if Red Steel 2 (assuming that number one doesn't completely tank) features 1-to-1 swordplay and a mutiplayer duel mode, I'll be the first lining up outside game stores.
  5. clonetrooper1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh well you can't blame unbisoft for it, after all they are the first people to be working on something like this.

Red steel 2 will deffinetly come out. The first one will be so popular that they'll have to bring out a new one.
  6. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, serious points to them for giving it a shot and working on something that everyone wanted to see. But it has definitely lost a lot of the magic the early previews had in my mind.
  7. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Though, I suppose there could be hope that swords could be added into the game as downloadable content/patch in the future via WiiConnect24.
  8. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I picked this up at work the other night(Target). There were only 3 of these left, I got two[face_devil].Now there aren't any more. I think I'll put ther other set up on ebay...
    [image=http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l62/bettzysdaddy/Toys/IMG_0591.jpg]
  9. quad_gun_jinn Force Ghost

star 4
  10. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That could be quite cool, but the things that are providing the biggest gaps are gameplay issues that probably could never be resolved by download-size patches.
  11. DarkPrince Jedi Master

star 4
    I got to play Wii!!

The Babbages in the mall had the Wiimote and the demo of Excite Truck all set up. I of course had to surrender my drivers licence to get the Wiimote since it wasn't tethered as everyone expected. Anyway, I get into the game and it was pretty fun I'd have to say overall. It was a bit awkward at first trying to drive around, but after a few minutes I got used to it. I didn't come in first or anything like that, but it was still a fun time I had with the Wii. Now I can't wait to get it and play Zelda. Will be awesome. Only two weeks left!!
  12. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    Only?

ONLY?!!

BOY YOU EVER BEEN There is a word here WITH A Tool item here?!!
  13. clonetrooper1 Jedi Master

star 4
    You really can't wait can you?
  14. DarkPrince Jedi Master

star 4
    Can't help it. I skipped the Gamecube as I didn't think it was that great. When I first heard about this I was skeptical and of course from this past E3 I changed my mind from getting a 360 to getting the Wii. I was happy to find out that the Wii can play Gamecube games with the controllers, so I didn't really miss out of the Gamecube.
  15. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    Don't ask me. Ask the sacrifices to Beezlebub in my basement.

NO YOU SHUT UP BACK IN THE HOLE.

Don't ask them.

MAKE TIME MOVE FASTER
  16. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Now we know where the inspiration came from...

[image=http://www.stuffmag.co.uk/NonProducts/3116653854big.jpg]
  17. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    At least we'll know what happened if Soontir dissapears for 540 years.
  18. clonetrooper1 Jedi Master

star 4
  19. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well, these haven't been announced yet, but the ESRB has rated eight more titles for the Virtual Console:

Duck Hunt
    Hogan's Alley
    Kid Icarus
    Kirby's Adventure
    Pilot Wings
    Pro Wrestling
    Punch-Out
    Wild Gunman

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm psyched about Pilot Wings.
  20. Padawan915 Force Ghost

star 6
    Kirby's Adventure for the old NES was a great game as well. I would download that.
  21. clonetrooper1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm looking forward to mario 64 on the virtual thingy
  22. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I think Toe Jam & Earl is the virtual console game I'm most looking forward too. I used to play it all the time back in grade school but my Genesis has seen better days. A lot of the other virtual console launch games I already have in one format or another. Mario 64 for DS, Legend of Zelda on my Zelda Collector's Disc for GCN, etc.
  23. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    my girlfriend loves me, she pre-ordered me a wii as well as a second controller AND the han solo/greedo bookends :cool:

xmas rocks
  24. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Even more VC titles popping up on the ESRB website:

Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
    Kirby?s Super Star
    Mario Kart 64
    Starfox 64
    Super Metroid
    Kirby?s Dream Land 3
    The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
    Excitebike
    Ice Climber
    Dr. Mario
    Mario Brothers
    Ice Hockey
    Soccer
  25. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    VERY nice. Just need FF3/FF6 and Chronotrigger and we'll have the holy trinity of SNES RPGs.