main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends REVOLUTION (NJO: Anakin Solo, Kyp Durron, Alema Rar, Others) Completed 9/24/03!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Aug 19, 2003.

1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    That was awesome. I like how you wrote it. I never would of guessed it would be Vong armor instead of Vaders. Anakin's visions are coming true. this post was...spooky...chilling, but...perfect.

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you liked it,_jedi_of_desiny_ :)

Is this one of those fics where your routing for the bad guy? Great work, Yoda.

I guess it depends on who you think the bad guys are. [face_mischief]

Wow... that was just... brilliant. Especially chapter 18. I wasn't expecting that surprise. Of course, that's why it's called a surprise.

Thanks whitey. Brilliant, eh? :D

You know what Fanfiction and the EU have in common? They're both fiction. So basically you can choose to believe whatever you want.

Given the bad news we recieved this week about the NJO, I might just do that.

Ooh! I'm so enjoying Anakin's soul-searching. Great tension. I get the impression that the YV have created soemthing that's goiing to shoot them in the foot.

Thanks Tahi, you might be right. :)

I'm enjoying the way you write Alema, as I actually find her character interesting and good to try and get into. The books have made her into a sort of Jedi bad girl, but I think there's more to her than that. So it's good to see you developing her.

Yeah, most of the Jedi introduced in the NJO have been killed, so she is probably one who should be explored. I know some people have negative opinions of her, but I've always thought she was an interesting character.

I loved that bit. I also like the Barabels' humour - maybe they're Kiwis.

Yeah, I wanted to write Barabel humor, but I don't think I did it very well throughout the story. That last line was probably the best I did. Tesar kind of gets lost in the story and I don't really do much with him.

Thanks again everyone and thanks Ambyr-rose! More coming tomorrow, its time for Yuusung Saa's ceremony [face_devil]

2. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    hopefully two chapters today. HINT: remember the "church" Anakin saw on the worldship in SBS? [face_devil]

3. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 19

Word of the Jedi's presence on Ombi'taer had spread enough that they now had an audience of two hundred shamed ones in an abandoned bar. Ruu had agreed to do his best in recruiting only shamed ones that could be trusted. The logic was, if those shamed ones hadn't been turned in for heresy, they wouldn't have leaks about the Jedi plan.

Alema felt torn over Wrev and Kyp's new plans. She liked the idea of fighting the scarheads, it had been a long time since she was in hand to hand combat with those brutes, and she burned for another opportunity. However, the idea of allying herself with other Yuuzhan Vong to accomplish this made her stomach turn. Early on in the war, Kyp and Wrev seemed to hate the Yuuzhan Vong as much as she had, while they seemed to have a change of heart at sometime, Alema's hatred was amplified with the death of Daeshara'cor, her sister, and Anakin Solo. She knew she was treading close to the darkside, but she didn't care. She wanted to hate them--she needed to.

Her leg was nearly healed so she had no trouble standing with the other Jedi in front of the shamed ones. Wrev was busy trying to explain the force to them and stumbling over the fact that the Yuuzhan Vong did not appear to exist in it. The Jedi had wanted to avoid such discussions with the shamed ones, but had been taken by surprise when they seemed to know a little about the force. The heresy had been spreading among them do to the tireless efforts of "the Prophet," Yu'shaa. The shamed ones were eager learners, Anxious to hear any information about the Jedi and the force

"This is a waste of time," Alema said to Kyp.

He looked irritated, his eyes as intense as ever. “We’re going to need their help to do this Alema; we can’t rescue the slaves or the convoy of captured ships without them.”

Alema gritted her teeth and stared into the audience of shamed ones. They looked retched and pathetic, so why didn't she feel sympathy for them the way she would others?

The shamed ones began to quiet down and had all exited the bar an hour later leaving only the four Jedi, two smugglers, and the now always present Ruu to talk things over.

"How many of them," Alema said gesturing towards the exit the shamed ones had used,"will betray us to their masters when they first get the chance?"

"Ruu seems to trust them," Wrev offered.

"Well I don't! I don't like this plan and I think it's going to blow up in our faces!" Alema shouted.

"Alema, calm down. You agreed to this two days ago, if something is bothering you about it, let's talk," Kyp said.

Kyp Durron the politician? Alema thought she might vomit.

"What's bothering me is your plan." Alema tried to be calm. “ It doesn’t make much sense, especially since we don’t know when the GFFA fleet will arrive, or if it will arrive at all.”

"That's true Alema," Kyp said,"but we can certainly estimate when they will be here. Based on the number of available craft and how long it takes to mobilize a fleet of the size needed.... I don't know, but I think it will be soon, probably in the next three days. We only have to keep the Yuuzhan Vong distracted long enough for our fleets to defeat the Vong's and rescue the convoy. We'll do our part by getting the slaves, and hopefully, the shamed ones away from any ground fighting."

Kyp and Wrev's plan was surprisingly simple: they were going to burn the coralskipper farms. The shamed ones had told them there were seventeen of the farms, like the one they had traveled through, situated only a few kilometers around Cal'taer.

Since their was almost no wild life or plant life at risk on Ombi'taer, it seemed perfectly acceptable, but there was the risk that they would kill the slaves and shamed ones who were working in the fields. That's where their shamed ones would hopefully, come in handy, warning their fellow workers and getting out of danger while heading for the mountains. This would keep the Yuuzhan Vong distracted enough to bring there armies in orbit down to find the vandals and leave them vulnerable to the Federations attack. Even if they failed, and all the shamed ones and slaves were killed, and the Vong fleets were not so easily duped into coming to the surface, at least they would take out millions of would be coralskippers.

"I know, but we're making a lot of assumptions here, and so many things could go wrong," Alema pleaded.

"We can't sit back and do nothing," Wrev said. "The fleet will be here soon and we need to do what we can to assist them, and do what we can to help the slaves and shamed ones as well."

They had learned from the shamed ones that very few of the slaves on Ombi'taer had the deadly coral seed implants the New Republic had seen early on in the war, that made slaves crazy and slowly killed them. Which meant most could be saved.

"If you've got a better idea, I'd love to hear it, Lema," Wrev continued. When she looked at her friends brown eyes she felt more convinced of his plan, but she still did not like it. It was strange how convincing he could be.

"I don't," Alema admitted.

"Well, if that's all, we've got a lot of work to do," Kyp said.

"Yes, Kyp," Alema said in an icy tone," that's all."

Ruu left the conversation abruptly to prepare things for the next meeting. The shamed one did not speak basic and probably had no clue what the Jedi were discussing.

"What exactly, are we supposed to do?" Asked Strift Zonn.

Strift was a blonde haired smuggler who had the misfortune of being on Ombi'taer when the Vong invaded. She and her partner, a Rodian named Neget, were the only survivors present for the meeting.

The Jedi had found twenty-three survivors of the Yuuzhan Vong attack and occupation, and most had offered to help. Alema knew Kyp was weary, given the occupations of the survivors, that some of them may be peace brigade. The Jedi had not decided what to do with them yet.

Somehow, Zonn had become the spokeswoman for the group and Kyp had decided she and Neget should attend the meeting.

"I haven't really decided yet," Kyp answered. "I don't want to get you and your people involved in any of the fighting... Perhaps we will just send you to the mountains ahead of us, where you can wait safely."

"We can fight better than these shamed ones," Zonn argued. "If you’re going to let them you should let us... Not that we really need your permission." She finished by folding her arms under her chest defiantly.

Despite her filthy appearance, there was no denying that Strift was attractive. Under the dirt on her face were smooth skin and a pair of deep blue eyes. Alema estimated Strift was in her late 20's and though she wouldn't admit it, Alema was growing jealous of the smuggler, especially when she caught Wrev and Kyp stealing glances at her constantly.

Strift was angry because the Yuuzhan Vong had destroyed her ship, The Ale Chaser when they arrived. She seemed desperate for revenge, but Alema though it was an act. Zonn was a coward who would turn and run the minute fighting broke out. She could see it in her eyes. If she really wanted revenge, she would be fighting the Vong right now.

"The shamed ones won't be fighting either," Wrev answered for Kyp. " Not if everything goes as planned." Then he added, “You may want to fight, but I doubt that’s what the rest of your friends want to do.”

Wrev was clever. He knew, as Alema had, that Strift was all talk when it came to fighting, so he was giving her an out, without making her look like the coward she was. Wrev was appealing to Strift's imaginary sense of duty and obligation to the others, which had selected her as their voice, so that she could save face. If Alema hadn't been so angry, she would have smiled.

"Yeah, I suppose," Zonn said, acting disappointed. "Not all of them are as tough as me and Neget here."

Ruu came back into the bar and said a few words to Wrev.

"What is it?" Kyp asked.

“He said the next group is here, and ready for the meeting Wrev answered.

Rather than have all the shamed ones involved disappear at once so the Jedi could set their plan in motion, the shamed ones were coming in shifts when they were released from their work details. The Jedi hoped this would keep from alerting the Yuuzhan Vong of their shamed one's absences'.

The only shamed one who had completely abandoned his duties was Ruu. He said that shamed ones were not considered worth speaking of and his absence would go unnoticed. His superiors would assume he was killed or had gotten lost. They would never suspect he had fallen in with four Jedi Knights and was attempting to sabotage the Yuuzhan Vong occupation of Ombi'taer.

"Alright, let's do this again," Kyp sighed, as the shamed ones filed into the bar.

4. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 20

They had traveled for three hours from the warriors’ barracks to the edge of the Vishtu sector, when Yuusung Saa and his accompanying warriors arrived at their destination. Yuusung Saa could see a large bone structure grown from the ground in the shape of a dome less arena. Dozens of warriors stood at a large entrance awaiting his arrival.

As Yuusung Saa approached the sea of warriors, they parted to form a tunnel, turning to him and giving a warrior's salute. He walked through the lines into the bone structure and gave little acknowledgment of their presence. He swelled with pride as he walked towards the center of the arena with his cape sweeping behind him as the rain continued to come down. Hul Choka and twenty-four other warriors followed closely behind him.

The arena was filled with Yuuzhan Vong warriors on coral benches that were raised to give each a clear view of the arena floor. Each warrior stood completely silent and the only sounds in the arena were the rain pouring and the sound of the entering warriors boots trudging through the dirt.

As he neared the center, he saw a large group of shamed ones gathered in the arena as well as some intendants and priests. He wondered why the shamed ones would be allowed to attend a sacred ceremony, but he wouldn't let it bother him. He was here to serve the gods.

Yuusung Saa emerged from the entrance tunnel and was taken back by what lay in the center of the arena of the arena. Thirteen infidels stood in a pit only a half meter deep, arms bound behind their backs, and legs bound together by blorash jelly. Much like my dream. This was his destiny.

High priest Jakan was miserable. He had not expected Supreme Overlord Shimrra to make him attend this ceremony after he went to the trouble of rounding up the heretics, but as usual, Shimrra surprised him. Jakan was to being mildly curious to see what would happen, but did it have to rain?

Though he would never admit to it out loud, the rain made his priest cloak very uncomfortable, and he was now soaked. Unlike most Yuuzhan Vong clothing, his did not keep him dry, as it was more for show than functionality.

Mostly though, he feared Shimrra and Nen Yim’s plan would fail, leaving Jakan to pay the price. He knew, somehow, that Shimrra would blame him and he would end up in the Yargh'un pit--maybe worse.

He had been waiting there for two hours with a few other high-ranking priests for Yuusung Saa to arrive, and was beginning to doubt he would show at all.

Then, a magnificent looking creature emerged from the entrance tunnel in full vonduun crab armor, and the cloak of a high perfect. He stood about a half a head too short for a warrior, but strength managed to radiate from him. Jakan brushed the rain from his eye lids, but could make out little of his face through the helmet. Still, he knew it was Yuusung Saa. The warriors were all standing tall saluting the young infidel.

Jakan hoped that this time, they had beaten a member of domain Solo, but he was getting increasingly nervous. Was he breathing? No! Jakan inhaled deeply, and tried to act more dignified as he watched Yuusung Saa step into the center. The ceremony was about to begin.

The thirteen infidels were made up of some humans and six other aliens including a Bith, a Twi’ lek couple, a female gotal, a male Quarren, and a Nikto. The humans were Two adult males, four females, and one small blonde girl.

As the warriors who had accompanied him spread out around the arena, Yuusung Saa looked to his right and saw a high priest entering the arena floor. Hul Choka remained close at Yuusung Saa's side.

The priest wore an impressive purple cloak that accentuated his tattoos.

"High Priest Jakan," Hul Choka informed him. Yuusung Saa nodded his appreciation to the Yuuzhan Vong commander as Jakan approached.

The priest executed a small bow of respect in Yuusung Saa's direction and he returned the pleasantry.

“Yuusung Saa, are you prepared to honor Yun-Yammka with these sacrifices?” Jakan asked, gesturing to the infidels.

When Yuusung Saa looked into Jakan's eyes, he saw fear. What was the high priest scared of? Jakan probably didn't trust him, but that would change.

"I am ready, High Priest Jakan," he said.

Jakan gestured to the thirteen beings in the pit once again. "These infidels were found trying to live in what was left of the abominations that once polluted Yuuzhan'tar. You will kill them and we will burn their bodies to please The Slayer." Yuusung Saa nodded.

Jakan began the ceremony, speaking to the crowd, sometimes in an arcane tongue from the priests of old. Yuusung Saa was filled with too much excitement to concentrate on what the priest was saying, but he noticed Jakan was placating to the shamed ones in the audience. Yet another mystery, he thought.

The young warrior looked around the arena. At least three hundred warriors in attendance, all were staring at him. The ground around the pit was all dirt, but had four seventy-meter high statues of Yun-Yammka around the pit. As he stared at the many tentacled god, Yuusung Saa felt the pressure to please him. He would not let the gods down; he would offer him these thirteen sacrifices.

The rain was now pouring down, dripping off his helmet and blurring his vision as the dirt turned to mud.

Yuusung Saa, it is time," Jakan announced. Yuusung Saa thought he saw a brief shiver from Jakan as the cold rain soaked him and the steam of his breath dissipated in the air. "Become the Slayer."

Yuusung Saa stepped forward and pulled the gleaming metal cylinder from his waist. He let his hatred permeate his every cell. He used his anger. Just as he had in his dream--in his vision. Just as he had when the warrior had been insolent when looking for his lightsaber.

The memory lit the fire inside of him. He remembered all the disrespect and doubt he was shown in D'Ysuu and his hatred for the infidels for ruining his life and making him one of them. He remembered the lies the shapers and warriors had told him, and the Ysalamari. He opened himself to the darkside until there was nothing else. It consumed him and everything around him.

Yuusung Saa was the dark side and the dark side was Yuusung Saa.

5. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    I like how you characterize Alema. SHe seems very 'icy' in this situation but I'm warming up to her. :)

6. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Marvellous posts, YodaKenobi. I loved that contrast at the end with Yuusung Saa being the Dark Side. Cool idea.

I'm also wondering if that little blonde infidel is going to have an effect on him?? ;)

I like the complications developing between the Jedi. It's a bit like the same dissent that happened amongst the Myrkr strike team.

It was strange how convincing he could be Oh dear, is naughty Wrev using persuasion techniques. Tut tut.

Good work. :)

7. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Thanks for readin _jedi_of_destiny, glad someone else likes Alema. I think you posted to soon to see chapter 20 though, so scroll up ;)

Tahi, I don't think I can slip anything past you. I'm not going to tell you what you're right about, but you're very sharp :)

Thanks both of you, I know I'm posting fast so I appreciate you ladies keeping up :D

8. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    Cool another post.

I did like the last part. He was the darkside and the darkside was him. Perfect touch. :) will Anakin....ahem, Yuusung kill the thirteen? I think he will but i thing it would be much harder if one was a menmber of his family.

9. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Yum! Postie!

I agree w/ Tahi on all accounts. Yes, will that blonde have an effect?

Loved it. Just loved it. And anxious for more!

~Ambyr-Rose~

10. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Thanks again JOD and Ambyr-rose! :)

will Anakin....ahem, Yuusung kill the thirteen?

Both innocent beings and Yuuzhan Vong warriors will be slaughtered in the next post. More than that I cannot say. [face_mischief]

11. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Wonderful post, YodaKenobi. :D

Yuusung Saa was the darkside and the darkside was Yuusung Saa.

I loved the contrast between this story and SBS. Nice touch. :)

12. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Morgoth_The_Enemy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Reads entire story... This is possibly one of the most interesting pieces of fanfiction I have read, YodaKenobi. The last post was as excellent as the others. i look forward to the next post.

13. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Thanks whitey :)

Cool, a new reader! Thanks for reading Morgoth_The_Enemy. Glad to see a new FADA member too ;)

Two more coming today, and here's today's hint: A character who was not listed in the dramatis personae will be in one of the chapters. Thats right, I lied to you all when I said those were the only characters [face_devil]

miniwheat likes this.
  14. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 21

Kyp lay flat on his stomach, under some of the brush that sparsely decorated Ombi'taer, looking through his electrobinoculars.

The largest of the coralskipper fields in his view, stretching far into the horizon, were thousands of the plinths growing larger and more complete with each passing day. Kyp doubted the Yuuzhan Vong even had enough pilots for all of them these days, but he wasn't going to risk it.

He glanced up at the sun. At noon the shamed ones would simultaneously set dozens of fires in each of the seventeen fields, doing what they could to get the slaves out of harms way, before heading for the mountains to the northwest. According to Strift Zonn, there was a series of winding caves in the mountains made by failed miners that could be used for hiding when the fireworks started. It would be a long run to the mountains from here, and Kyp did not have time to check it out before hand, so he hoped the woman was telling the truth.

Because the coralskipper fields were grown in and around streams of water, they needed an accelerant that would ensure the plants would burn fast, despite efforts by the Yuuzhan Vong warriors to douse the flames. Luckily they had found such an accelerant on a planet populated by crooks and pirates--alcohol.

For the past two days when going around to care for the plinths, the shamed ones had actually been pouring alcohol into them. In ten minutes they would volley plasma grenades into the fields, rally up the slaves, and head for their hiding place.

Kyp turned to Tesar. "What do you think, Scales?"

Tesar's lizard tongue flickered out to taste the air. "This one thinks barbequed Vong is on the menu today," he said and started hissing uncontrollably.

"You're really sick, you know that?"

Alema and Wrev were located on the bank of a small stream observing another field east of Kyp and Tesar. Since there were seventeen fields and only four Jedi, it was impossible to observe them all, but Kyp hadn't wanted to split up any more than pairs. Either way, they would have to trust the shamed ones to come through, and at least this way, they had one other Jedi watching each other's backs.

She rolled a plasma grenade in the palm of her hand while Wrev had his face stuck to his electrobinoculars and was talking to Ruu. As she stared at the grenade, she wondered if they would actually get out of this alive.

She looked at the sun and then at her wrist crono.

"Five minutes, Wrev," she said leaning in close to his ear.

"Alright, get ready then," he said. "We're going to have to be quick to get the slaves out of the camp before fire spreads and kills everyone."

She nodded. Each field had a cluster of Yuuzhan Vong buildings that were the shelters for the warriors and slaves. With any luck, they could get in and out of the field fast. If the shamed ones did there jobs, the slaves would be ready to go, and the only impediment would be the warriors who would be scrambling to save their crops, but that was a big '"if" in Alema's eyes.

Because the shamed ones used the sun to tell time and the fields were spread over several kilometers, the firebombing would not occur in absolute synchornicity, but it would be close enough.

Kyp was amazed at how fast the fire spread through the alcohol soaked plinths. In the blink of an eye it was everywhere, and he knew many shamed ones had died. He could feel the deaths of some of the slaves. It was a reckless plan.

Kyp wondered what Master Skywalker would think of it. He allowed himself only a moment of doubt as he raised from the ground and ran towards the glowing field. He had to stay focused on the mission.

As he and Tesar ran towards the fire, dozens of shamed ones and slaves emerged from the field.

"Run! To the mountains!" Kyp screamed and pointed to the Northwest. It was needless, he thought; the shamed ones were already headed in the right direction. He felt relief that they had understood the planning and that the mission was all in all, going as planned.

As more shamed ones came out, Kyp began to see warriors emerging as well. These warriors had given up hope of saving the coralskippers and had a lust for blood in their eyes. Striking down shamed ones brutally for their betrayal and leaving crimson stains on the sand.

Kyp and Tesar launched into battle and engaged their enemies.

Alema and Wrev swept into the Yuuzhan Vong camp cutting down warriors as they went, clearing paths for the shamed ones and slaves. Most of the warriors were running into the fields making futile attempts to save the coralskippers, leaving the camp defenses relatively light. The warriors that were there fought with the same unyielding aggression that Alema had remembered.

She swung her silver blade, slashing and parrying, striking, always moving forward. Alema was fighting with sheer strength, over powering the larger enemies and beating them into the ground. With each one she cut down a sense of satisfaction and release filled her being, that she would never admit to out loud.

Wrev was strongly defeating his opponents, but with much more grace than Alema. His blade was always spinning and executing complex strikes rather than forcing them right to the ground the way Alema was. If he hadn't actually been killing warriors faster than she was, Alema would have chided him.

The smoke was getting so thick that Alema could barely see but a few feet around her, and she was having trouble breathing. The stream of slaves and the shamed ones dissipated significantly. If their were any still there, they weren't getting out alive. So Alema and Wrev headed after the long line they had just helped escape.

Kyp and Tesar made quick work of the warriors who challenged them. The shamed ones were even attacking the warriors, despite being weaker and without any real weapons. Some used rocks or did little more than throw themselves in front of blows.

When the fighting was done on their side of the field, dozens of bodies lay bloodied and dead. Kyp was relieved that most were warriors, but a large portion were shamed ones.

He grabbed his comm. "Wrev, we're done here and we're heading for the rendezvous. What's your status?"

A handful of seconds later, which felt more like minutes, a response finally came back.

"Yeah, we'll see you there. Everything's going as planned, except this smoke is a lot heavier than I would have though."

Kyp agreed. The sky was black with it.

"Copy," he commed and he and Tesar took off after the fleeing slaves and shamed ones.

"Oh no!" Alema shouted.

"What's the..." Wrev stopped in mid-sentence when he saw the source of Alema's despair. Their escape route had been burned and there was no way to get to the mountains. The shamed ones were standing in front, looking around for a place to go around the flames.

"Son of a Sith!"

Ruu started speaking very fast to Wrev, obviously panicked.

"Wrev, what are we going to do?" Alema asked, pushing the shamed one out of her way and laying a calming hand on his wrist, hoping to evoke a calm response, but Wrev looked as if he had no idea.

"ummm... We'll have to go back through Cal'taer, and hook around the fields, then head North."

"That will add hours we don't have," she said.

"I don't see an alternative. Get ready to run," he responded.

Wrev turned and called out for the shamed ones to follow them, then Alema Rar and Wrev Caster, set out for a very long run.

Kyp ran amongst a sea of shamed ones towards the mountain ranges, catching a glimpse of Tesar to his right occasionally. Two other groups of slaves and shamed ones had merged with them from other fields, and Kyp hoped the rest were on their way as well.

He sensed danger suddenly and looked up in the sky. He didn't see anything at first, and was about to look away and continue running when several tiny black specs appeared. They were swinging around with amazing maneuverability and as they got closer, he saw that they looked like rocks. Coralskippers. Dozens of them.

Their response had come much quicker than they had expected, and his group was still a good hour's run away from reaching the rendezvous. Then, the others were spotting the threat and the herd took off in a futile run.

15. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Ooh! Ooh! I think I know who it is. :) Can't wait.

Wow - great action, YK. It's good to see Kyp analysing his actions, too. He's an older, wiser guy now. It's hard for the Jedi, because they have to constantly balance the value of the result against the means they use.

Luckily they had found such an accelerant on a planet populated by crooks and pirates--alcohol. :D I liked that line.

I'm continuing to enjoy your version of Alema. You've given her some complexity which is great. Marvellous post - REALLY looking forward to the next.

16. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Ooh! Ooh! I think I know who it is. Can't wait.

I bet you do, you seem to guess everything ;)

Thanks so much for reading Tahi! Kyp and Alema are not the most popular in some circles, but I've always liked them.

and now...

17. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 22

When Yuusung Saa removed the Jeedai weapon from under his cloak, Jakan's nervousness peaked. His stomach tightened and sweat began to form on his forehead, despite the fact he was freezing. Hopefully the rain would cover up his fear.

If all went well, Yuusung Saa would sacrifice these infidels, they would reveal him to the shamed ones as Anakin Solo, and crush the heresy. That is what Shimrra had wanted. Why then, was Jakan not as confident?

Perhaps because he had more to risk than Shimrra. If the plan were to fail, Shimrra would surely kill him out of misdirected rage.

Or, was it that he was standing that close to a shaped Jeedai infidel, with a dangerous weapon?

Yuusung Saa hit the activator on his lightsaber and the violet light burst from the hilt. The bright blade was in such contrast to the dark sky, that it momentarily blinded him. A wave of gasps came from the crowd at the sight of the weapon, he doubted most of them knew who he was when he arrive, and would be puzzled now. The rain made a sizzling sound against the electric blade and the steam rose from the amethyst light.

Anakin, no!

A familiar voice in his brain, who was it? What was it? He realized he had felt it in the force. Someone was trying to communicate with him, trying to stop him.

He ignored it and focused on his hatred again. Nothing would distract him from the power he felt within his anger. The Jedi had called it the dark side, but to Yuusung Saa, a Yuuzhan Vong warrior, it was the truth. He had never felt so powerful before, or so deadly.

He raised his blade and was suddenly compelled to look at the seventh person in the line. He knew the source of the voice was tugging, luring him into it, but he could not look away.

Her small face was covered in rain washing dirt stains away and revealing bruises. Her clothes were tattered and filthy. Blonde curly hair was made straighter and darker from the amount of water falling from the sky, and she was standing ankle deep in it as well. Her green eyes were full of fear, and he thought he saw tears escape them through the torrent.

She looked strikingly like someone he had known, someone he had loved.

Tahiri.

The thought he had not allowed himself before, because he feared what it would lead to. He was staring into the eyes of a nine year old Tahiri Veila, as she had looked when he first met her at the Jedi Academy on Yavin Four. It wasn't her he knew, but the resemblance was so uncanny, that he couldn't stop the flood of memories. He couldn't forget what he had felt for her.

His best friend since he was eleven, and then she became something more. He remembered their fist kiss inside a locker on Yag'Dhul. Outside it was a vacuum and the two though they might die... And he recalled the last kiss she had denied him on Myrkr.

The darkness and anger inside Yuusung Saa began to fade and he was filled with frustration and confusion.

"Yuusung Saa? Do not keep Yun-Yammka waiting!" Hul Choka ordered.

Yuusung Saa barely heard it. His mind was racing through his past, trying to make some sense of it, trying to find the truth...Though the only truth was that he loved Tahiri.

He remembered racing off to Yavin Four to save the Academy students because of a vision he had. When he arrived Tahiri was different, she was growing into a woman, and it had confused Anakin.

The memory of sleeping in the crevasse under ground, waiting to steal a peace brigade starship so they could escape came back. That's when he realized he loved her. She had fallen asleep on his arm after crying... That's when everything changed. After that, Master Ikrit was killed, and Tahiri... Tahiri was captured by the Yuuzhan Vong. They had tried to shape her into one of them. They told her lies about being kidnapped by the infidels, and raised amongst them. To use her for her special powers... Just as Nen Yim had told Yuusung Saa...

"Yuusung Saa?" High Priest Jakan asked, clearly shaken.

The similarities were too much to deny. But why? How? How did this happen? None of it made any sense to him, his mind filled with so much he could not piece together. Everything was a lie.

A bolt of lightning drew Yuusung Saa's attention to the sky. In the flashes he saw a pair of raa'togs flying in the rain. He remembered the vaa kroz lungs that were used to bait the creatures in D'Ysuu...

Suddenly everything made sense. The floating pieces snapped into place and he was able to see everything for what it was.

He knew who he was. He knew why he was.

The dead clone was a vaa kroz lung. It was bait. After Anakin’s fight in the shaper’s grashal, the Yuuzhan Vong must have lost track of the Jedi strike team and constructed the clone as bait for his family and friends. He knew that the shapers could create a fake cadaver that looked like him on the outside very quickly. They constructed it and dressed it up to look like Anakin Solo. They had not used Anakin himself as the bait because they would risk losing their new shaping project.

He wondered if it had worked. Jacen, Jaina, and Tahiri would have all went to recover the fake corpse, he knew it. They would have been captured and killed. His siblings were dead because of him, and so was Tahiri. Had they managed to destroy the Voxyn queen?

A tremendous sense of despair nearly forced him to drop his lightsaber on the ground. What was the point of going on? He had been lied to, and changed. He would never be the same. If Tahiri was dead... If Jacen and Jaina were dead... What would be the point? Revenge? He had come to far to go back to the darkness. He had nothing.

What if they're alive?

Had that been his thought or the voice again? It didn't matter. If there was any chance...

He remembered when Anakin had put the Yuuzhan Vong lambent in his lightsaber vowing never to stop opposing the alien invaders, and he intended to keep that promise.

He looked at the thirteen beings that stood in the pit. They were certainly doomed, but it would not be by his hand.

Everything the Yuuzhan Vong had told him was a lie. He could prove it. The force existed, and the Ysalamiri were in D'Ysuu were there to keep him from using it. The lies Nen Yim told him were the same lies told to Tahiri. There was no Yun-Yammka; there was no Yun-Yuuzhan. There were only two truths he knew: the force, and his love for his family; his love for Tahiri.

He let these two thoughts soak into his body, and pushed out the last of his hatred, the last of his anger, until there was only the force and Tahiri.

"Yuusung Saa!" Hul Choka shouted angrily.

He turned to face the Yuuzhan Vong commander and deactivated his lightsaber; the mud was slick under his boots. Then he used his left arm to pull his helmet off, and another gasp of surprise traveled through the crowds of Yuuzhan Vong. The rain hitting his tousled hair felt surprisingly refreshing after wearing the helmet for so long.

“There is no Yuusung Saa; he is a lie.”

The dismay in Hul Choka's face was more visible than any warrior should have allowed.

"I am Anakin Solo, a Jedi Knight."

18. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    Aw. :eek: That post was...amazing. I sorta predicted that though. I said it would be much harder to kill them if someone he loved was among them. It may have been someone that looked like someone he loved but I was close. :)
    I like this line: There is no Yuusung Saa; he is a lie. I am Anakin Solo; Jedi Knight.

Our ANakin is back with a perfect return. Is Shimmera present? Cuz if he is he better watch out!

19. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    glad you liked it. Shimrra is not in attendance but their are three hundred warriors there that Anakin will have to deal with. :)

There is no Yuusung Saa; he is a lie. I am Anakin Solo; Jedi Knight.

I threw that in because it reminded me of ROTJ when luke tells the emperor he's "a Jedi like his father before him."

Oh and incase it confused anyone, "vaa kroz lungs" and "raa'togs" are explained in the first couple paragrahs of chapter one.

20. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Arrh! Love triumphs over hate! It makes this old pirate feel like giving three rowdy cheers! Great post, me heartie. Have a shot of rum as a reward. ;)

Seriously - HOORAY! And I did enjoy the echo of RotJ.
    Good evocation of Jakan's anxiety at the start.
    Or, was it that he was standing that close to a shamed Jeedai infidel, with a dangerous weapon? LOL, he ain't stupid after all.

I really enjoyed Yuusung Saa's recollections of Tahiri - all the scenes from their shared past, and his awareness of their growing love. Lovely.

I also liked this line:
    He remembered when Anakin had put the Yuuzhan Vong lambent in his lightsaber vowing never to stop opposing the alien invaders, and he intended to keep that promise. Great stuff.

So he's got 300 warriors to face - just as well he's partly Corellian isn't it. ;) :)

21. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Arrh! Love triumphs over hate! It makes this old pirate feel like giving three rowdy cheers! Great post, me heartie. Have a shot of rum as a reward.

I really enjoyed Yuusung Saa's recollections of Tahiri - all the scenes from their shared past, and his awareness of their growing love. Lovely.

There really wasn't any romance in the story so I had to throw it in somewhere ;)

So he's got 300 warriors to face - just as well he's partly Corellian isn't it.

[face_laugh] that's true.

Thanks again for reading Tahi! :)

22. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Morgoth_The_Enemy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Amazing posts YodaKenobi! Anakin seems to be in a bit of trouble now..but then again, when hasn`t he been in trouble?
    *Sits down and eagerly awaits next post*

23. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    *does happy jig around thread*

Ye fair lad Anakin has returned! Anakin has returned! Anakin has returned!...

Great posts, eh, matey!

I love thee blue lass Alema, because... um... yeah... *mumbles something about the Disco Lounge, Alema and getting lucky*

Arr, I can't talk like a pirate worth crap, arr. 8-}

24. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Oh! I've finally caught up. :)
    This is just great, YodaKenobi ! gushes happily

It fits so well with what has happend in the NJO, and of course, I have to love anything that allows Anakin to return in such a plausible way! :D It would take me forever to comment on everything I liked so far, but I love how Anakin has had to work at regaining himself in almost the opposite manner than Tahiri. I can't wait to find out who is speaking to Anakin in the Force....I have some ideas, but I'll keep that to myself for now. :)

25. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Amazing posts YodaKenobi! Anakin seems to be in a bit of trouble now..but then again, when hasn`t he been in trouble?
    *Sits down and eagerly awaits next post*

Thanks Morgoth_The_Enemy! Yes, Anakin is in a bit of a bind, but it would be kind of boring if he wasn't ;)

*does happy jig around thread*

please stop, no one wants to see that. :p

Ye fair lad Anakin has returned! Anakin has returned! Anakin has returned!...

no, sorry, hes just a clone......... just kidding.

Great posts, eh, matey!

I love thee blue lass Alema, because... um... yeah... *mumbles something about the Disco Lounge, Alema and getting lucky*

Thanks whitey. Got a thing for blue twi'leks, huh?

Arr, I can't talk like a pirate worth crap, arr.

Me either, but at least you try.

Oh! I've finally caught up.
    This is just great, YodaKenobi ! gushes happily

Great! a new reader who happens to be one of my favorites on the board ;) Thanks for taking the time to read this tahirisolofan, I really appreciate it.

It fits so well with what has happend in the NJO, and of course, I have to love anything that allows Anakin to return in such a plausible way! It would take me forever to comment on everything I liked so far, but I love how Anakin has had to work at regaining himself in almost the opposite manner than Tahiri.

I'm really glad that came through. Because Anakin was so much stronger in the force than Tahiri and his shaping complete, I wanted him to have a different journey to recovery than Tahiri. With Anakin there was only one personality in his body, and no room for another. So there could never be a compromise the way tahiri/riina found one. Eventually the force is what led Yuusung Saa to see the truth.

I can't wait to find out who is speaking to Anakin in the Force....I have some ideas, but I'll keep that to myself for now.

Its probably who your thinking of [face_mischief]

Thanks again everyone! two more chapters on the way today and heres a couple of hints at what to expect:

1. In one of the two chapters today, a Jedi uses force lightning [face_devil]

2. Chapter 24 is probably my favorite chapter in the whole story :)