main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Rewatching Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Ezekial, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyrimcat9416

skyrimcat9416 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2013
    Who can forget the comic relief, Bar Bar Drinks?

2. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    I actually liked AOTC even with its problems (poor dialogue, laughable love story) and thought it was an upgrade from the Phantom Disaster. None of the prequels, IMO, match any of the OT films but it seemed Lucas was trying to right the ship with AOTC. There were some positives and negatives.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    AOTC was a fun movie and my favorite of the saga next to ROTJ.

I would suggest not rewatching films etc. that you don't like, but I've seen the Mortis trilogy more than once despite its ability to make me swear at my TV screen, so I have no room.

-Jedi Joe- and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  4. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    What about Jack L. Samuelson? :p

AotC is my least favorite of the Saga for sure, but it's really fun from the second-half onward. Great ending, too!

5. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Harris Fordson is a pretty good actor too, I hear.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  6. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I've always enjoyed AOTC since I first watched it as a kid. It's also my second favorite in the saga next to ROTJ and my favorite out of all three prequels. It's terribly underrated.

7. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    Attack of the Clones is maybe my all-time favorite film. If I have any objective criticism, it's almost too Star Wars.

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I tried to give this thread a chance but it was never meant to have one...

9. Calgamer

Calgamer Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm rewatching all of the movies and I'm on AOTC right now. I know all the complaints about the prequels and I think most of them are valid, but as a Star Wars fan, I still love all 6 movies unconditionally. However, there are several scenes involving Anakin that absolutely make me cringe. For example, the scene when Obi-wan and Anakin first encounter Padme on Coruscant and when Anakin starts whining to Padme as she's packing to leave for Naboo and when he cuts Padme off when she's describing her plans on Naboo. I'm only 40 minutes in right now too...

Is it the writing, the acting, me just being silly? It's been years since I watched this movie. I don't remember feeling so uncomfortable as a result of these scenes before.

10. Merkual

Merkual Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2013
    I don't consider myself a gusher by any means,

But these "what is wrong with this movie?" threads are getting a bit ridiculous.

As for the scenes you mentioned, has it occurred to you that they're supposed to be awkward scenes? ;)

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It's my second favorite Star Wars movie, but some of the earlier A/P scenes make me cringe too, just because Anakin is so horribly awkward and inexperienced and blatantly obvious about his crush that it's painful to watch.

Samnz likes this.
  12. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Dear lord, not another anti-prequel thread!

Anyways Merkual is right. The scenes with Anakin and Padmé are supposed to be awkward. He's trying to express his feelings towards her(which is never easy). Between his childhood and his Jedi training, he's probably not the smoothest operator, if you know what I mean. Plus, she still at first views him as "the little boy from Tatooine", not as a young man. Then she realizes that she reciprocates his feelings. Yeah, that's Awkward City right there, folks.

Sure George's script could have been better, but considering the situation between Anakin and Padmé, it's kind of expected.

Let me get off-topic for a moment to say that, as an avid Anakin/Padmé shipper, my favorite part of AOTC is Jango Fett. :p

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

Darkslayer and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hope these threads stop in the future.

14. skyrimcat9416

skyrimcat9416 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2013
    These guys just come out of woodwork don't they???

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Apparently.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  16. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    Other than Shmi, Padme's the only person Anakin's ever had very strong emotions for. As a Jedi, he's expected to hide those feelings around others in the Order. Being around Padme without having Yoda or Obi-Wan over his shoulder made him feel more free, so everything came out of him that had been pushed down before.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My college roommate and I used to have an ongoing gag where when one of us came out of the bathroom after, ahem, several minutes, the other would ask, "Did everything come out OK?"

Anakin, did everything come out OK? I think you've had romantic constipation for a few years now.

18. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Maybe those scenes were supposed to be awkward, but I hate awkwardness in movies. Which is why I hate acclaimed movies like Moonrise Kingdom and Juno. Actually I wanna punch Michael Cera in the face because he always plays awkward. (Yet oddly enough, I'm fine with awkwardness in real life. Go figure.) Luckily Attack of the Clones had plenty of awesome moments to compensate.

19. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Nothing makes AOTC cringe worthy to me. I just think it's refreshing to see someone who's so unabashedly straightforward about love. Anakin doesn't try to be clever in any way. He's being one hundred percent honest and serious about it and that's a rare thing in this day and age.

Love has many faces
    /LM

Darkslayer, Samnz, Cryogenic and 2 others like this.
  20. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

This thread is not only cringe worthy, but also repetitive and a bore.

21. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Lock/Merge with last weeks edition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.