main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rewriting Star Wars (AU, First Draft, 42 Chapters, Updated 8/13/13)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Corrin_Wyndryder, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Let this be a lesson to one and all: use the facilities before you play hide and seek people including dangerous people let alone family and friends. Ever play "Sardines"?

I wonder how they are going to get around the dogs?

Corrin_Wyndryder and Jabari like this.
  2. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Jabari - Thanks for the likes.

Jade_eyes - :D

Lady_Misty - I think you'll like this one.

---------------------------

Chapter 22

The sound of sniffing dogs echoed through the depths of the ship. Bloodhounds. There was no chance of their location remaining a secret for much longer.

"Wendy," Shaw whispered. "Sleep them."

The yeti yawned with a mouth big enough to engulf a human head. Cecil noted the size of it, which made it harder for him not to urinate right then and there, but he exercised his willpower a little longer. The yeti's yawn produced powerful sound wave too low for human ears to hear. Every inhuman warm blooded animal within earshot would be instantly unable to remain awake.

The bloodhounds felt the effects instantly, and all of them laid down and fell asleep. Nothing their masters did could wake them. Shaw opened the crate of illegal weapons and pulled out a semi-automatic cross bow. He loaded it and nodded at Wendigo, saying "Now."

Wendigo pulled mightily on a rope he was concealing from the others. Pulling the rope moved the heavy box that hid the trap door to the compartment they were hiding in. Shaw popped open the door and took aim at the bloodhounds' masters. Three heads, three shots, they were dead before they could cry out.

Shaw held a finger to his lips, then invited Jim to come with him. They could both hear foot steps on the bow of the ship. More soldiers. They had to hide the bodies. Shaw set Jim to watch the soldiers up top to make sure they didn't come down. They appeared to simply be standing guard.

Shaw peaked through one of the holes in the side ship where Wendigo's wings would carry the ship. He could see a command tower on deck. If there were a way to escape, he'd have to take control of that tower first. But how to get there?

"What's your plan, captain?"

Shaw was startled the moment he realized that Go was peaking through the same hole as him. He shook it off. "I don't recognize this type of port. If I'm going to save my ship, I need to take control of that tower."

"So we need to escape this ship, cross four hundred yards of open deck undetected, and take out the tower control without raising any alarms. Did I get the gist of the plan."

"Pretty much, yeah. Any ideas, old man?"

"Hold on" Half their view was obstructed by the cradle that held their ship. Go reached out to touch the cradle. "Oh no. No, no, no. They didn't. They wouldn't." He closed his eyes and concentrated, a tunnel opened up in the floor. He fought back the tears that were inevitably coming. "Yeah I've got an idea."

Within moments, the bodies and the dogs were stuffed into the secret hold. It would be hours before the dogs would wake up, so its unlikely anyone would find them. Go opened up a tunnel in the stone of the Flying Fortress and the party walked undetected underneath the deck uninterrupted.

"What's the matter?" Lucy asked Go.

"Do you remember what I told you happens to the stones of the Paladins of Fi that are slain by followers of the Dark Way?"

"Their souls are trapped in the stone and turn black."

"That is correct. They can no longer turn any other color than black. That's how you can tell they've been corrupted. But they can also be combined. The more Paladins they kill, the more stones they collect, the more power they have."

"What are you saying?"

"This entire fortress is comprised of the stones of slain Paladins. The souls of everyone I have ever known is trapped in here."

------------------------

Originally posted on 6/20/13 at http://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=137

For a sneak peak at the next chapter, go to http://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=138

Jabari and Jade_eyes like this.
  3. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    That it monstrous.

Well yawning is contagious. :p

I have a question:
    Is Master Go Lucy and her sisters' father?

Corrin_Wyndryder likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wendy has some handy tricks ;) =D= Ooh, more worrisomeness involving taking out the tower. [face_worried]

5. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Wow, interesting!

6. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Lady_Misty - To answer your question:
    Keep reading to find out.

Jade_eyes - I think you'll like this next chapter, then. Also, thanks for the Like.

Jabari - Thanks for the comment and the Like.

-------------------

Chapter 23

"What is he talking about?" Shaw whispered to Lucy. "Is he going crazy on us?"

"Don't worry about him. He'll be fine." Lucy reassured Shaw, but didn't quite believe it herself.

Go choked back his emotions and tried to remain calm, or at least as calm as anyone could be in a graveyard where the entirety of your past is buried.

The party crossed beneath the deck unseen and in silence. Once they came to the base of the tower, Go was in a killing mood. Lucy had never seen Go so enraged. She held back Go and let Shaw and Wendigo move ahead. "I don't think it's a good idea for you to fight in this condition, Master."

It took time for Go to reluctantly agree. "You don't understand. You don't see what's happening here."

"Then explain it to me." Lucy motioned for Jim, Shaw, and Wendigo to exit the tunnel and attack the tower.

"The stones are not rocks from the ground. As your body ages, you will shed skin, hair, and every cell that makes up you. When you follow the way, those cells tune to the frequency of the universe. When those cells leave your body, most of them return to the earth as water. But a small part of them, a very small part of a very small cell, finds its way to that stone. The stone you carry contains the parts of the cells that were in your mother's body while she followed the Way. As you get older, your stone will grow with you."

Lucy took a moment to grasp the notion that she carried a part of her mother with her. Then it dawned on her. If this fortress was made with the stones of fallen Paladins, then it means it's not stone she's standing on, but literally human remains.

"Now you understand." Go sat in silence. Cecil kept his mouth shut,.

--------------------

Jim peaked his head up through the trap door in the tower. He counted five guards and one officer. He used hand signals to relay this information to Shaw and Wendigo, who nodded with comprehension.

"Wendy, you take the two on the left. Jim, you take the two on the right." Shaw hissed. Wendigo readied the chain whip wrapped around his arms. Jim readied a pair of tomahawks. Shaw reloaded his crossbow magazine, and said, "Now."

Jim crashed through the trap door first, catching everyone off guard, he darted right and threw his tomahawks. One guard was hit in the head instantly, another was struck in the chest. His death would take longer as he desperately gasped for air with a punctured lung.

Four flying stars were hurled at Jim in a heartbeat. Jim ducked, narrowly avoiding harm, but ended up crashing into a desk filled with papers. He was struggled to unbury himself while the rest of the action transpired.

Shaw leaped out while Jim was providing a distraction and buried two crossbow bolts into the necks of two more soldiers. He hurried over to help Jim up while Wendigo leapt up out of the trap door and used his chain whip to grip both the remaining guards by the neck and hurl them bodily towards the wall, where they impacted with a bone crunching finality.

When Shaw unburied Jim, all he saw was a boy clutching a single piece of paper and garbling hysterically. "I've found her! She's here!"

------------------------

This chapter was originally posted on 6/22/13 at http://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=138

For a sneak peak at the next chapter, go to http://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=139

BookExogorth and Jabari like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Success. =D= Now to plan the next move.

8. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    A little humorous fight in the tower.

And I thought that it was a little creepy to stand in front of a headstone and know that this person's remains were about six feet under me.

I figured that would be your answer.

9. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Jabari - Thanks for the Like.

Jade_eyes - Yep, I think you'll like this next chapter, too.

Lady_Misty - I am getting from your questions that my story is provoking the right kinds of questions to keep the readers reading. Please continue to ask them, regardless of the cryptic nature of my answers.

-----------------

Chapter 24

Shaw helped Jim to his feet. When he couldn't get Jim to calm down and explain his excitement, Shaw did the only thing he knew how to do. "Cecil, get up here." He shouted through the trap door.

The slender man reluctantly obeyed.

"What's he on about?" Shaw demanded.

Cecil saw Jim garbling over the document he found. "I'll ask him."

Shaw helped Lucy and Go up and out of the trap door. Go sealed the tunnel. "We're safe in here, for now."

"Wendy take a look at those harpoons, see what it'll take to sabotage them." Shaw instructed. He himself was busy finding a way to disengage the White Hawk from the Flying Fortress' landing deck.

Go had another strategy in mind. The power that kept these individual stones together was strong; very strong. But every power had a source, and the power that held this fortress together had to be close by. He could feel its presence. It was close by.

"Lucy," she turned to face Go. "Take this. It's half of my stone. So long as you have it, I will always be able to find my way back."

"Back? Where are you going?" Lucy's concern skyrocketed.

"This fortress has a weakness. I must find it, or more countries will suffer the same fate as the Isle of Alder. Wait for me."

"Hold up, old man." Shaw called out, halting Go's departure. "We've got a number of missions we're gonna have to accomplish if we're going to escape. Don't go anywhere until we've got everything worked out." Lucy was immensely grateful for Shaw's experience.

"What is your plan, Captain?" Go relented.

"Two minutes." Shaw held up one finger in contrast to his words. "Wendy?"

The yeti growled a complicated sequence, but before he could finish, Cecil interrupted. "Slow down, Jim! What do you mean 'She's here?' Who's she? Princess? What Princess? THAT PRINCESS??"

"Princess Lenore is here?" Lucy literally barged in between Cecil and Jim. Jim thrust the paper he was holding into Lucy's hands. She read over it carefully. "Cell block 8? Is there a map?"

"Here." Shaw volunteered, casting a large map of the fortress layout across the floor. They all examined the map for a moment before Shaw laid out their plan. "Jim, Lucy, you go to the detention block and rescue your Princess. Go, you take Cecil and go find the weakness to this fortress. Wendy and I will ensure our escape."

"What? Why me?" Cecil whined.

"Because you have photographic memory. You can already replicate this map, can't you?"

"How did you know?"

"The way you look at things. You think no one notices you. Think again. You're going with Go to discover this station's weakness and where it is located."

"You're sending the old man and me out on our own? We'll be killed!"

"Have you seriously not seen him fight?" Shaw was incredulous. "You haven't, have you? Relax, you'll be fine. Go."

"Yes?" Master Go replied.

"Sorry, I meant you should... leave now. We'll meet back here." Shaw almost said 'go' again. The duo departed.

"How do you recommend we get the Princess out of prison?" Lucy inquired.

"Go could make the stones of this place shift. Can you?"

Lucy gave it a try. A portion of the floor beneath them twisted upward and formed a stalagmite. Jim nodded approvingly.

"I think you'll be fine. Go on, save your princess."

------------------------

Originally posted on 6/25/13 at https://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=139

For a sneak peak at Chapter 25, go to https://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=140

10. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    They will be able to get more done in separate groups then together.

I have a feeling that Go and Cecil will be interrupted in their endeavor.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, I agree, splitting up and handling different essential parts will get them away and gone that much faster. :)

12. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Jabari - Thanks for the Like.

Lady_Misty - You have a keen sense of the impending.

Jade_eyes - I used to write screenplays, and it was always easier to write two man scenes then ensembles.

-----------------------------

Chapter 25

Cecil followed behind Go silently as they traversed the dark, narrow corridors of the Flying Fortress. When he knew no one was around, the thin man ventured an inquiry. "What, exactly, are we looking for?"

"Black Paladins had to forgo the Way to acquire their powers. I am able to manipulate this stone structure because I have not abandoned the Way. Black Paladins have to use a work-around. They have these red crystals which they use instead. The sad truth is that they have to fracture their souls in order to control it. Through that power they are able to command many stones at once."

"Okay... And?"

"The only way a structure this big could possibly still exist is if somewhere in the depths of this fortress is a soul stone holding it together."

"And that's what we're looking for?"

"Yes. I can feel it. The closer I get to it, the stronger the feeling becomes."

They continued their search, heading ever downward to the centermost core of the Flying Fortress. Go easily kept them hidden from patrolling guards by bending rock walls into hiding places. It seemed to Cecil like an eternity as they progressed deeper and deeper into enemy territory.

"Something's not right." Go halted his progression.

"What? What's not right?" Cecil hid, and looked about nervously.

"We haven't run into any Black Paladins yet." Go pulled out his papers and focused for a moment.

"So? Isn't that a good thing?"

"You're going to need to run, soon."

"I'm not leaving your side. I wouldn't last 3 minutes out there."

"Take this." Go handed Cecil his leather fold of documents. Cecil opened it and looked over it.

"You made me a Dynasty High Interpreter? Top clearance? Passport? Official seal? How did you do this?" Cecil tucked the folder away.

"I have a good imagination." Go snickered. "Just be sure your story matches the papers."

"Right."

They came to a dead end. Cecil took that moment to read over the papers thoroughly. Go walked the course of the room, sensing through the walls. It took him a moment before he found what he was looking for.

Go focused his energy. Suddenly a doorway opened revealing their destination. Before them, a glowing ruby large enough to fit a whole person inside of it floated in the air. Overwhelmed by the wave of evil mojo that rushed over him, Go collapsed to the ground, gasping for air. Cecil rushed to his side.

"Run" Go gasped.

"What?" Cecil didn't understand. He looked up to see a figure standing above them; a figure he didn't expect to ever see again in all his life. "Mistress Evelyn?"

"I never imagined I'd see the two of you together, here." She smiled sweetly but her voice carried none of the sweetness her face tried to show.

"RUN!" Go pushed Cecil away, who came to his senses and obeyed, escaping the confrontation.

Evelyn was merely amused by the thin man's departure. "Yes, run. You'll only die tired." She helped Go to his feet. "Now, my dear husband, what are you doing here?"

--------------------------------

Originally posted on 6/27/13 at https://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=140

For a sneak peak at Chapter 26, go to https://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=141

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! Wow! Go and Evelyn! And the cliffie! =D=

14. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I am not sure why my jaw dropped at the last line. It was either shock that Go and Evelyn were married and that leads me straight to everything else or the fact that those words were said!

Cecil knows Lady Evelyn?

15. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Jade_eyes - Thank you for continuing to comment on my chapters. I think you'll enjoy this one.

Lady_Misty - Just you wait. And, yes.

-------------------------

Chapter 26

Lucy and Jim cautiously made their way to towards the prison block where Lenore was being held. Their progress was painfully slow as they attempted to go unseen.

Patrols of uniformed guards made their rounds with precision. The duo were faced with traversing an exceptionally long corridor without hiding places that was frequented by a plethora of patrols, all going different directions through this seemingly unimportant thoroughfare.

After a procession of approximately half a dozen armed guards marched through the corridor and out again, Jim saw their opportunity. He ran as fast as he could, Lucy did her best to keep up with him. But as fate would have it, Lucy did not keep up. She tripped. She fell. She cried out a short yelp of pain.

Jim froze, dead in his tracks. He could hear the sound of marching feet approaching. He looked around desperately for an exit. They were past the point of no return; too far to run ahead, too far to go back. He rushed to Lucy's side and pulled out his tomahawks. If he had to die fighting here, he would defending Lucy's life.

Lucy grabbed the heroic fool by his collar and dragged him through the door he didn't see. She closed the door and watched through the porthole as the squadron of soldiers marched by, indifferent to the eyes peering at them through the door.

"Who you hiding from?" They heard a voice behind them.

The pair turned to face the man who spoke. Jim looked around to assess his situation. Seems Lucy pulled them into a lounge area of some sort. He counted 5 soldiers.

"New recruits? Looking for a little together time?" The crowd laughed at Lucy and Jim.

"Yeah," Lucy feigned embarrassment, "Is there someplace we could go for some privacy?" Jim shot a surprised glance at Lucy, then realized he ought to be playing along. He quietly hid his tomahawks.

"Locker room's back there." The soldier thumbed over his shoulder to the door behind him.

"Great!" Lucy grabbed Jim's collar and dragged him across the room and through the door, amidst the chuckles of their audience. She shut the door quickly.

"Men..." Lucy couldn't believe what she just did. Jim couldn't either, but he let it slide. He immediately began removing clothes, "What are you doing?" Lucy hissed, hoping she wasn't heard by the people outside. Jim just looked at her, broke open a locker, and tossed a uniform her way. "Oh, right. Good idea." Jim winked at her and proceeded to change his clothes.

Jim had no sense of shame when it came to exposing himself to her. She had already seen him virtually naked when she had to account for his scars, so he simply made quick work of changing. Lucy was much shier when it came to this sort of thing. She grabbed the uniform and ran off to a secluded corner to change. Jim didn't read her right, and wondered what was wrong. He was rewarded with a shoe to the face for his curiosity.

With wounded pride, he stood guard until she was dressed. Once she emerged, he whistled an apology that Cecil taught them both. She accepted his apology and changed the subject. "I was hopping there was another exit, but it looks like we'll have to go back through that room."

Jim nodded. He immediately began disheveling his uniform. Lucy took the hint and followed in suit. She shuffled her hair about, unfastened a top button or two, and feigned hyperventilating. Jim twisted his shirt from his pants, shuffled his own hair, and redid his coat buttons out of order.

"If anybody asks, I rocked your world." Lucy's seriousness was almost comical.

Jim nodded in agreement a little too fast.

------------------------

Originally posted 6/29/13 at https://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=141

For a sneak peak at the next chapter, go to https://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=142

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Quick thinking by Lucy ;) =D=

17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Really quick thinking. People don't always think of the little details.

18. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Jabari - Thank you for the Likes!

Jade_eyes - I'm glad you approve.

Lady_Misty - As a writer, I'm often bogged down by remembering all the little details. It's something that's often stopped me from progressing. I'm glad I'm using it to my advantage now.

------------------------

Chapter 27

"Where are they?" Shaw snarled. "What's taking them so long?"

The yeti growled back, sternly.

"There's no sense in us all getting caught. If they get captured, we'll need to escape immediately, Wendy."

Wendigo's retort was scathing.

"Geez, there's no need for that kind of language. You like them. I get that. But we've got debts to pay. We don't have time to take on charity cases."

The great beast ignored Shaw's protests. It had been some time since Wendigo shredded the harpoons' tow cables with his bare claws. Shaw booby trapped the clamps that kept the White Hawk in the landing bay, they were ready to leave any time.

"No," Shaw blurted out suddenly. "No, Wendy. We're staying right here. We're waiting for them."

The yeti continued to ignore his captain and look at the map more carefully.

"You're. A. Yeti." Shaw punctuated his speech. "You can't exactly go around unseen. How do you plan on helping any of them? We have no idea where Go is, so he's on his own. If you were to go anywhere, you'd have to go to the prison block to help the brat and and the mute."

Wendigo shot a slow, sideways glance at Shaw.

"That's your plan. You're gonna help those two. How are you going to get down there? How are you going to get back? You don't have a history of thinking these things through, pal."

"Emergency!" Cecil suddenly burst through the trap door. "Go's in trouble!"

The sound of marching feet echoed through the open door.

"Cecil, you fool!" Shaw cursed, "you lead them straight to us!"

------------------------

Originally posted on 7/2/13 at https://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=142

For a sneak peak at the next chapter, go to https://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=143

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, a cliffie! =D= [face_worried] Great back and forth between Shaw and Wendy. I figure a Yeti would be just as hard to explain as a Wookiee [face_laugh]

20. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Shaw does seem like Han in one respect and Wendy keeps him in line.

But Shaw is right about Cecil leading the enemy right to them.

Corrin_Wyndryder and Jade_eyes like this.
  21. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Jade_eyes - Yep, can't wait to see how they get out of it.

Lady_Misty - It is quite a pickle, eh?

-------------------

Chapter 28

"Evelyn. It's been a long time." Go spoke slowly, assessing his options.

"It has," she agreed quickly, "it has indeed. Where on earth have you been hiding yourself? I've looked everywhere for you?"

"Is that so?" Go did his best to examine the enormous red crystal suspended in the room behind Evelyn.

"Of course it's so, dear husband," she said. She was clearly trying to feign compassion, but Go began to wonder if she even had that emotion anymore. "Why did you run away?"

"Do you really not know?" Go gave Evelyn his full attention.

"Would I ask if I did?" Evelyn retorted. Go knew she would.

"Do you not recall hating me and vowing to end my life? It made for a pretty uncomfortable marriage."

"Oh, that! Yes, I remember now. I also remember why I was going to kill you. But that's behind us now. I have found room in my heart to forgive you and let you and yours back into my good graces."

"Is that so?"

"You keep saying that. Why? Don't you believe me? Granted it took me a long time to grant forgiveness. I'm afraid five or six daughters didn't quite survive my period of anger. But I'm better now. I'm ready to be a family again."

Go could no longer read Evelyn's sincerity, and he grew tired of this charade. "No, Evelyn. I will no longer be a part of your games. I loved you once, and I am sorry that what I did hurt you so much, but I refuse to accept that your evil actions are my fault. You made your choices. You followed your own way, and now you are too far gone. You're not the woman I fell in love with."

Evelyn's facade vanished instantly, replaced with genuine vicious cruelty. "Lynn was the first to die," her voice dropped an octave. "When I caught her, I couldn't control myself. I ripped her body apart inch by inch. Her screams still echo in my mind."

"Stop it. What are you saying?" Go was horrified.

"Then came Lana. I had a bit more control of my temper by then; but not by much. She wouldn't stop crying. The dragon hatchlings were hungry. The problem solved itself.

"Please stop," Go pleaded.

"Lu was an absolute charmer. All she ever wanted was to please me. But when she couldn't lead me to you, It pleased me to have her buried alive. I sat by and listened to her screaming stop. It was music to my ears."

"No more."

"Lily was fantastic. I learned so much from her, like how to extract the most material from Paladin bodies for the construction of this fortress. But as you know, learning takes so much time. It took her weeks to die."

"Enough. Silence." Go's anger swelled with every passing moment.

"Lora was my crowning achievement. Such a beautiful girl. She carried herself with such grace. I think I wear it better, though." Go noticed Evelyn's armor, and realized what she meant. She wore black stone created from the remains of Lora.

"You monster."

"Monster? I've been called that more than once today. Who else was is? Ah, yes. Lenore called me that."

"What have you done to Lenore?" Go was furious and ready for a fight.

"Nothing, yet. I was planning on letting her live so we could be a family, but no. You had to be so selfish. You couldn't let the past be the past and move forward with our lives together. Now she's going to die in the most horrific way I can muster, and it's all thanks to you."

"NO!!!" Go exploded with rage. He drew his stone which took the shape of a thin rapier which he thrust at Evelyn's heart. With a grim smile upon her face, Evelyn sidestepped the strike and redirected the blade's course with her armored hand.

"Tsk, tsk. For shame, dear husband." Evelyn's hands and forearms changed into the shape of broadswords. "How dare you lash out at your poor, defenseless wife. You are not the man I married." The Dark Lady leapt at Go, aiming her strike for his neck.

--------------

Originally posted on 7/4/13 at https://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=143

For a sneak peak at the next chapter, go to https://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=144

Jabari likes this.
  22. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    That's . . . horrible to talk about killing your own children in such a callous manner.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess."

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I agree absolutely with Misty. Evelyn deserves anything Go or anyone else can dish out. Cannot wait till the next update. I hope though that if he gives into his anger, it doesn't, like in SW-fashion, turn him into a Sithy thype. [face_worried]

24. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Oh...oh...Evelyn is horrible!

Poor Go!

25. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Lady_Misty - I couldn't agree more.

Jade_eyes - We'll just have to wait and see.

Jabari - Yes, yes she is. And thanks for the Likes.

Lurkers - I was honestly expecting more replies after this post. Ah well...

----------------------

Chapter 29

"You found her!" A guard exclaimed the moment Jim walked in with Lucy.

Lucy kicked herself for forgetting that she looked exactly like the captured princess. She wished she had come up with a better plan utilizing that fact, but it was too late now.

The prison block was manned by three guards, two in heavy armor and an officer clad in official uniform. None of them were aware of the princess' escape, so to find her recaptured meant they would avoid an untimely demise by Lady Evelyn.

"Where was she? Speak soldier!" The uniformed guard ordered Jim about. Jim opened his mouth wide enough to demonstrate his missing tongue. "I see. I'll expect a full written report." Jim nodded, but had no intention of delivering.

The armored guards relieved Jim of Lucy and took her down to the prison cell where they assumed they'd find it empty. Jim watched with anticipation as they opened the cell door to discover Princess Lenore still occupying it. "What is this?" a guard shouted. Lucy took that moment of distraction to stomp on one of the guard's foot. The stone floor gave way and swallowed up the guard's foot.

Jim leapt on the uniformed guard and used a tomahawk handle to choke him. The guard resisted his assailant as long as he could muster, but soon the lack of air to his brain rendered him incapacitated.

Lucy struggled with the two heavily armored guards surrounding her. Jim hurled a tomahawk at one of them, but all it succeeded in doing was to further enrage the soldier when it bounced off his armor. Jim ran to close distance, but wasn't fast enough to stop the soldier from collecting the tomahawk and turning it on Lucy.

Lucy looked up to see the sharpened edge of the tomahawk glint in the light before it was brought down toward her. "No!"

------------------------

Originally posted on 7/6/13 at https://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=144

For a sneak peak at the next chapter, go to
    https://www.empowernetwork.com/leewhittaker/?p=145

Jabari, SHADOW_MASTER_W and Jade_eyes like this.