main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Rewriting the Prequels...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by swrescripted, Jan 23, 2013.

1. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Shouldn't have Anakin joined the Dark Side only after falling into a molten pit and being scarred over most of this body? That would definitely have been a very good reason for him to have stayed loyal to it this whole time.

Did Obi-Wan and Anakin really need to have a duel over a volcano for Anakin to fall in an be scarred? It could be a simple as them fighting a battle during the Clone Wars and getting caught up in a volcanic eruption instead.

The Emperor finds Anakin and makes him swear eternal allegiance to him in exchange for being saved and rehabilitated with the Dark Side and giving back his ability to use the Force again after the accident.

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [​IMG]

Andy Wylde likes this.
  3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

Also, Captain Obvious alert. :p

Andy Wylde likes this.
  4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Before Lucas made Anakin and Vader the same person, the story was that Vader had turned evil and swore his oath to Palpatine, before he was injured. He committed many sins before their duel atop a volcano. All he did was follow that.

[​IMG]

Andy Wylde and darklordoftech like this.
  5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Remove Dooku shooting lightning and Palpatine using a lightsaber. It diluted the uniqueness of both characters.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Agreed.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Don't call every Sith "Darth". Every Sith being called "Darth" is like every Jedi being called "Ben".

8. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    I've been thinking about Episode 2 and what I would have done for a while and here is what i've come up with. It follows my revamped Episode 1 (which is the basically rough draft more in line with what we are told in the OT

Episode 2.
    More with Palpatine consolidating his power. Huge military parades on Coruscant. Rumors of opponents disappearing. Fear spreading in the galaxy and Palpatine makes the public feel safe. Echos of Hitler.
    Obi-Wan and Bail Organa serving in the Republic Forces together. Attacking Mandalore and the Dark Worlds to defeat the Super-Commandos and the Genetics Masters who started the Clone Wars.
    Anakin as a full Jedi Knight, a noted pilot and hero of many battles. He thinks that his military prowess makes him great. A kind and decent person, but still slightly arrogant. Obi-Wan and him are friends, none of the AOTC-style bickering and putting each other down. Anakin wants to move faster and thinks that he is beyond the pull of the Dark Side. Show him to be heroic.
    The Jedi Knights are spread throughout the galaxy fighting. Not all centered on Coruscant. Anakin goes to Yoda for advice. Yoda warns him that he is still young and not to go so fast. The Force will test him when its time. Yoda does not fight, and certainly doesn't do that stupid jumping he did in the film.
    Padme is working with war refugees. She and Anakin meet up again when he defends the refugees from Mandalorian armies. Anakin is disgusted by the way the people are treated. He is delighted to see Padme, during the war they have taken every chance to be together and loved has blossomed. They return to Coruscant, in hopes of getting the Jedi Order's permission to marry.
    Obi-Wan and Bail are in trouble at the front. Their ships are reeling against the Mandalore and his squire Boba Fett. They are on a massive flagship with a secret weapon.
    Anakin reports to Palpatine and reports on the refugee situation. Palpatine asks Anakin if they brought this on themselves, for being weak. The Galaxy responds to power. Even Anakin responds to power, for he joined the Jedi Order and harnessed the power of the entire galaxy. Anakin responds that he will use that power to help the weak. Palpatine states that the whole suffers if we coddle the weak and only strength will ensure peace. Palpatine has turned the Republic strong again after the Clone Wars started. It was the weakness of the Republic that allowed Dooku to think he could win. Anakin muses on this and thanks Palpatine for the ideas. It is implied that they have the sparring matches often.
    Anakin rallies a force to help rescue Obi-Wan and the Senator. Padme comes too as an observer. Arriving in the Dark Worlds, he leads his brave men into battle against the Super-commandos. Anakin fights his way onto the Flagship where Obi-Wan and Bail are held prisoner. Anakin is tired, injured and now has to face Mandalore in single combat. He finds himself drawing on his anger and rejoices at the power if gives him. The Dark Side begins to corrupt him, perverting his thoughts. He finally defeats Mandalore, decapitating him. Boba Fett manages to escape.
    Padme gets Obi-Wan and Bail to a ship while Anakin storms the bridge. He finds Dooku there, weak and tired. Scared. Dooku offers anything for his life. Anakin states that he has power and Dooku doesn't. He uses the Force to choke Dooku lifting him up into the air. Anakin activates the secret weapon, a mass driver and uses in on the planet Mandalore- destroying the cloning facilities and killing thousands. The Super-Commandos are no more. Only then does Anakin kill Dooku. He goes to the ship and leaves the flagship, which is destroyed by the Republic fleet. Everyone thinks that Dooku fired the weapon before Anakin could stop him.
    Anakin and Palpatine meet again. Anakin concedes that perhaps power is more important than he initially believed. Palpatine says that is the first step to greatness and he can help Anakin find his way,
    Anakin and Padme are married in a small ceremony with Obi-Wan presiding.

I wrote this all out and totally forgot the droids. Artoo is with Anakin and Threepio is with Padme. There. Again this is very rough, but more of what I would have loved to see.

TooMuchBBQ likes this.
  9. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    I would include something about why exactly the Sith are seeking revenge on the Jedi, considering the prequels kind of make it the driving force for the plot of the saga.

Also, I'd keep Yoda as Obi-Wan's actual Master, and just say that Yoda is too important to go off on missions or something. Have Qui-Gon just be a good friend of Obi-Wan's. Might not be as emotional when he dies, but the OT definitely gives the impression that Yoda was his Master.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Less Anakin-Padme romance, more Palpatine influencing Anakin.

vinsanity, kubricklynch and deadly jp like this.
  11. deadly jp

deadly jp Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2014
    For episode 1 get rid of jar jar binks hes just a Mod edited character that no one likes.
    For episode 2 show more battle scenes republic vs CIS not just for like 1 min and at the end show palpantine trying to turn anakin slowly to the darkside.
    Nothing wrong with episode 3, episode 3 is brilliant well written and the story.

deadly jp Inapproprioate and offensive word.

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    We were told in TPM.

KI-ADI: "Impossible! The Sith have been extinct for a millenium."

MACE WINDU: "I do not believe they could have returned without us knowing."

Yoda was Obi-wan's Master. He trained him for thirteen years in the ways of the Force. Then Qui-gon taught him how to be an active Jedi. We see in AOTC that Yoda trained the Younglings.

This...

[​IMG]

leads to this.

[​IMG]

Andy Wylde and FRAGWAGON like this.
  13. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    That exchange does not tell us why they want revenge.

He's aware of that. When he said actual master, he probably meant in the way Obi-Wan was master to Anakin and Luke and Yoda to Luke when he said ACTUAL master.

kubricklynch likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Keep Jar Jar, but ditch midichorians. Force-sensitivity shouldn't be something that you have to be born with.

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    In conjunction with Palpatine saying that the Sith will rule once again and Mace saying that their oppression will never return.

I don't know what he's aware of, but Lucas didn't contradict himself.

Why?

Andy Wylde likes this.
  16. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    The question is what the Sith want REVENGE for. That Palpatine wants to rule the galaxy we know from OT, didn't need the whole Sith concept for that.

I don't know what he's aware of, but Lucas didn't contradict himself.[/quote]

Obi-Wan brought it up when he compares himself too Luke. I think baby Obi-Wan did not have the eagerness and knowitall attidute that Luke had when they respectively started their training.

kubricklynch likes this.
  17. kubricklynch

Dec 10, 2012
    That is incredibly vague. The Sith used to rule the galaxy... that still doesn't explain what they want revenge for. We can assume that the Jedi were responsible for their downfall, but I would like to have more(really any) details.

And "We were told in TPM.

KI-ADI: "Impossible! The Sith have been extinct for a millenium."

MACE WINDU: "I do not believe they could have returned without us knowing.""

This is not explaining why they want revenge. The Sith went extinct. Why? How?

Yes I am fully aware of this. I watched AOTC. I still stand by my original statement.

18. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    PALPATINE: "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy and we shall have peace."

MACE: "The oppression of the Sith will never return."

It isn't rocket science.

No, but Obi-wan was that way when he was around eleven or twelve.

It's fairly obvious that the Jedi killed them.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  19. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    I thought we had already decided that, because Vader and the Emperor had issues, every Sith Master must have killed a Sith too? So the thing they want revenge for is that thing they do themselves anyway?

Which is when Yoda decided to get rid of him and pawn the brat of on the Jedi Master least likely to come visit he knew according to you. The ghost Obi-Wan dialogue implies the opposite, that Yoda was able to correct that attidute in him and would do the same for Luke.

kubricklynch likes this.
  20. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    That is still possible. There is no assurance that Qui-Gon was Obi-Wan's first and only 'actual' master.

We already knew from ROTJ that high Force potential ran in the Skywalker bloodline - that Leia was guaranteed to be strong in the Force due to her relation to Luke. Midichlorians are just the details of this. Also, the importance attributed to Luke in TESB as potential destroyer of the Sith seems out of place if in fact everyone has equal Force potential. In the film Luke's parentage is specifically cited in that context.

21. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    He was Qui-Gon's padawan and that's the student/master relationship the prequels focus on that parallels Yoda/Lukr, Obi-Wan/Luke. Whatever Obi-Wan and Yoda had is a background detail. Personally I'm fine with it, Qui-Gon was a great addition, his presence made the less admirable qualities that would turn Anakin against the council stand out, him defying the council in taking on Anakin allowed for parallels to be struck with Luke, gave context to Yoda keeping his own council on whose ready in Empire, his dying wish paved the way for Anakin's Jedi training to get off too a bad start while still bein able to portray Anakin as a decent kid (something the subsequent prequels rather struggled with). But I do feel it's a retcon.

22. kubricklynch

Dec 10, 2012

Yes, but obviously they weren't even extinct, so they are getting revenge for something that didn't even happen? Regardless, oh they killed a bunch of Sith or whatever isn't that deep of an explanation. I'd like something a little more detailed than that. Like what were they fighting over, what exactly were their disagreements besides the Jedi are good and Sith are evil.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  23. Deltron3030

Deltron3030 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2014

And some actual training like Luke in ESB

24. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Yeah, I know. But like I said, we don't know that Qui-Gon was his first master, people just assume that.

25. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The films don't go into that, but as Lucas said, the Jedi exploited that which is why they want revenge.

Uh, no. That's just the way the Jedi Order works. Yoda trained all Younglings and then passes them on to other Masters. Obi-wan was not the only Padawan to be reckless and filled with anger in 800 years of Yoda training Jedi.

Andy Wylde likes this.