main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Rewriting the Prequels...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by swrescripted, Jan 23, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Jedi should all have blue sabers instead of having blue and green sabers.

Define who Maul is more. It seemed like one minute the Trade Federation didn't know who he was and the next he was part of the Trade Federation leadership.

2. BretHart

BretHart Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 29, 2015
    I sent that way too early. That was written on notepad and I realized all the mistakes i made in that draft once i re-read it. I already wrote a much more polished version which I can send ppl soon for those interested...

But, for those who did read it - you can pretty much get the general idea of what I'm going for in my rewrite. I'm glad sonny, you enjoyed the read and I appreciate taking the time to check it out - but that was a very rough draft and I can make it work better...but you get the gist of what kind of story and characters I'm doing. Newer draft I replaced with a new Sith Lord. As much as I felt Darth Maul was the BEST thing about the prequel trilogy - sadly, I realized if I want anyone to read my prequel trilogy - I must be stay as far away from Lucas PT as possible, which means not use anything he came up with in the PT. If re-writes use Qui Gon, Darth Maul, Dooku characters - people are going to still feel its not different enough than whats out there right now and be turned off.

D_arblay - of course I have new characters. What I meant was I got rid of every Lucas PT new characters. No Qui Gon, etc, etc.

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    But doesn't Luke have the green Lightsaber in ROTJ? So it was already established they could be that colour.

4. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    I remember years ago I did a rewrite of The Phantom Menace and posted it on here, but mostly I kept the actual story the same (I wasn't clever enough to think of anything new) but made Obi-Wan the central character rather than Qui-Gon, had Nute Gunray more of a Tarkin type figure and plotting to sell Darth Sidious out to the Jedi, gave Darth Maul a bit more to do, I made Anakin slightly order (I can't remember if he was 12 or 13), also I had him more of an actual slave, Watto was a bit more of a nasty character, Palpatine was more obviously evil and manipulative, Padme was a bit more kick ass, both Panaka and Bibble died saving her during the final battle, Jar Jar was an actual criminal, I replaced TC14 with C3PO, with the idea being that as both him and R2 were a cut above other droids, he ended up helping the Jedi because he had developed a sense of morality against what the Trade Federation were doing, and I had Qui-Gon on the verge of working the whole conspiracy all out. I mean, it was all nonsense, but it was good fun to try it. Looking back at it now, and the films themselves, I think the prequels biggest problem is that it's such a hard story to tell, as ultimately it's about how the best person in the universe becomes the worst person in the universe, so in a sense, despite my problems with the prequels (although I do like quite a lot of things about them), I can sympathise with George as it would be such a difficult story to write, and also, a weird one for the audience to relate to.

5. Darth Anakin Amidala

Darth Anakin Amidala Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2015
    I think one of the only changes I'd make to the prequels would be putting more focus on Anakin's slavery and the effects it had on him later on. George Lucas pretty much dropped most of it, which I thought was a bad move since his origins in slavery add so much to his character, motivations, and thought process.

I'm the first to admit to being a sucker for origin stories and tragic characters, so I'm completely fine with starting out the PT with Anakin as a child. I just wish there was more about the slavery and overall slave culture of Tatooine in Star Wars, doesn't have to be the PT specifically. After all, there is only so much you can put into a movie about a culture without people crying out about boredom.

Just, more about the characters we saw on Tatooine in TPM: Shmi, Kitster, and Watto. We see Shmi and Watto one more time in AOTC, and Shmi still gets a reference and significant role in ROTS (her death and it's effects on Anakin and his decisions) But we never see Kitster again. I don't know, I know it's more of a personal preference that doesn't actually contribute anything the the overall storyline of the PT, but I would have liked to see Kitster at least once more, see how he turns out or something.

6. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    Why assume your new characters would relate any better? What would you do differently? Do you think the problems some people had with these characters were purely on the page? Personally, I wouldn't accept that. Fundamentally, the characters are all archetypal, just as they were in the OT.

As I said, please PM me your stuff. Would be happy to offer feedback.

7. BretHart

Aug 29, 2015
    D_arblay - The new characters in Lucas trilogy offered no depth at all. They were just merely created to keep the plot moving. "well i need an organization that Sidious is controlling" - so he creates Nute Gunray. "well i need a comic relief" - so he creates jar jar. "well i need a reason that sets up anakin goes to dark side" - so he creates Shmi , the mother of Anakin. None of his characters had any type of character arc at all.. They were only created to keep the plot moving to get Vader in the suit. If you're a hardcore fan of the PT, then its probably hard for you to see that. But EVERY single new character created was exactly the same when the PT began and when the PT ended. There are no development with any of them. You could argue Padme had a character arc, but not really, imo.

As I already stated, I have been writing drafts for a long time, and the one I sent out was an older draft I wrote up and I took some time to actually polish the story up. So its not ready to be sent out yet. And I'm not posting it public so PT fans can selective read it. I'm sending it for feedback to the right ppl who will offer feedback.

8. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Doesn't every story create characters to move the plot forward?

You could say the same thing of the OT.

9. BretHart

Aug 29, 2015
    But you can create characters that have character arcs WHILE moving plot along.... Lucas just only wrote them for the plot only.

What was Nute Gunray's character arc ? Was Jar Jar a clumsy idiot in the beginning and how did he develop in Ep.2 ? I believe he elected Palpatine all power to become a dictator because Jar Jar was a clumsy idiot. What was Mace Windu's character arc ? How did he change from Ep.1 to Ep.3 ? And standing up from your chair on the counsil and whipping out a lightsaber doesn't could as a character arc...... What about Qui Gon ? What kind of change did his character make in Ep.1 from the beginning of the movie being a stern, rebellious Jedi ?

Lets take a look at CT... Han Solo - beginning was a selfish bit arrogant hot shot pilot only for the needs of himself. End of trilogy - Han was fighting for other people as his character developed. Lando - beginning was a lying traitor that would sell his friends out to the Empire...End of trilogy - he would sacrafice himself for his friends. Luke - do you really need me to explain Luke ? He has the biggest arc of all SW. Leia was a rebellious princess that had only one goal - to lead the attack on the Empire and have no personal distractions...end of movie - she fell in love with Han Solo and had new goals and interests..... I could go on and on.

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Just like Windu has a purple saber. One Jedi != all Jedi.

11. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    In a rebooted prequel trilogy I always thought of a battle station like the Death Star floating around which instead can destroy planets instead is a massive clone factory that serves to invade entire planets or perhaps once was a device used to restored the destroyed life forms of a forgotten world. It falls into the wrong hands and instead serves as a weapon instead.

Years before the Clone Wars the Jedi have created a large ship used to restore life on destroy planets. It's systems go haywire and fall out of their control. Being automated ship, it randomly jumps from one system to the other in light speed delivering spores that become forces of a clone army that devours the resources of entire planets. It's random nature strikes fear in the heart of the galaxy.

12. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Eh, any other ideas besides battle stations?

First there was the Death Star, then the Second Death Star, now

It looks like there's going to be another Death Star-like superweapon in TFA

Andy Wylde likes this.
  13. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    1,000 years before the Clone Wars the Republic and the warrior Mandalorian Empire engaged in a destructive galactic war which ended in attrition. The Mandalorian Empire fragmented into a loose piece of space controlled by warlords.

Recently, Mandalorian space has been reunited under a mysterious new leader many hope will restore the old monarchy to its former glory. This causes an arms build up between the Republic and the renewed Mandalorian Empire. Many oppose this new type of militarization. An interstellar incident sparks war between the Republic and the Mandalorians. The Mando forces find an ancient weapon to create the largest army in the galaxy out of clones and unleash them on the Republic.

The Republic conscripts its own army of stormtroopers, mostly humans, to fight back against the invasion led by the Jedi. Eventually in a silent cou, the secular army has the Jedi compromised and wiped out in a surprise attack. The Mandalorians are blamed for their destruction. Mandalore is eventually conquered and defeated, but the Galactic Empire forms out of the militarism used against them in the Clone Wars. This also explains the distrust of aliens by the Empire.

14. SeventySeven

SeventySeven Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    I can't believe this is still going on - another RLM graduate.

Qui Gon is quite a subtle character - I will give you that, but he is meant to be. He is the link to the past, his cool hippy unflapable ways give you a hint of the peace and security of the past - when a Jedi's job was tough, demanding, but not about stopping the entire Republic from collapsing from within. Even his death reinforces this role. His burning body reminds us of Luke burning Anakin, and we realise that Luke was carrying out a traditional Jedi rite that possibly goes back for millenia. That past ends with Qui-Gons death, but not before he learns a few last lessons...

At the start of the movie notice how he is quite stern towards Kenobi, starting the traditional theme of wise master versus headstrong padawan. He starts the mission fairly bored because it's just the Trade Federation. He soon changes though when he sniffs the "something more behind this.." and things take off quickly when he gets a whiff of 'the chosen one' and the appearence of the Sith. He's quite excited by all this - but a wiser master then him - Yoda - ticks him off, so suddenly his wild fantasies are curtailed - he is even shocked that his 'you won't believe what I have found' trip has cold water poured on it.
    It reveals that behind his cool facade - he's pretty full of himself and actually has probably had ideas 'above his station' like this in the past.

All of what he has experienced on this routine mission gone weird changes him, and he even see's that Kenobi is actually a good student - he actually says "a wiser man than me", as he refelects on both his getting carried away about the boy, and perhaps his over sterness with Kenobi.

Shame it's a bit late but at least he gets to say his goodbye, but on his 'deathbed' he still can't let go of the fact that he is onto something with Anakin and his arrogance comes through by asking Obi-wan to train him - a pretty tall order to pass onto a padawan. But that's part of Qui Gon's character as well - he does, or at least obviously did think highly of himself, and it took most of the movie before he took himself down a peg enough to actually give his Blessing to Obi-wan - just in time.

Now tell me about Jabba the Hutt's experiential metamorphosis...

Andy Wylde and mes520 like this.
  15. BretHart

Aug 29, 2015
    You are really reaching.....There was never a scene where Qui Gon never thought Obi Wan was a good student. He never went through that change, you made that up. The things you talk about, you are really stretching the facts of what was on screen. None of the subject matter you said had any scenes that expressed it to the audience and made them feel anything. Qui Gon was a boring character and he was subtle in the beginning and subtle in the end. He liked Obi Wan in the beginning, he liked him in the end. He argued with council in the beginning, he did the same thing in the end. There was absolutely no character development or character arc. You're telling me what he did in the plot. "He senses danger with trade fed"..."He gave Obi Wan his blessing". This is not a character arc. I'm a film student and have studied this endlessly. A character arc is a change a character goes through that makes him different in the end of the movie. Qui Gon had none. He was a boring stern lifeless character in the beginning. And then he died the same way. He didn't learn anything. He felt the same thing he did in the beginning. That is why no one cares about him. Its the same thing if a boring joe schmo finds a million dollars and then dies from heart attack. That isn't a character change. He just found something. Finding a kid with high mid-chlorian count (i swear im not laughing at that horrible lazy writing moment in the film) does not change your character. Its just something that happens to him. A character must CHANGE. Now if some joe schmo a-hole finds a million dollars and becomes a good guy and gives money away and then dies of heart attack - the audience would have felt something and that is a character arc. There is a differenct... Qui Gon finding Anakin did not do anything to his character, no matter HOW badly you try to spin it. It was bad awful writing. Lucas = One Draft kinda guy.

And to answer the Jabba comment, the character arcs and character changes are usually characters the audience roots for and cheers for. The Jabba scenes were part of Leia's development of showing the audience that she is strong with the force and developing as a character from a 'Princess' to someone that could be a Jedi.

You seriously can't even put Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, Obi Wan against Qui Gon, Windu, Padme, Anakin. Its no contest. The audience will MUCH more sympathize and root for the CT characters because they are better written and have better character arcs.

16. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Not to play backseat mod, but this seems to be derailing from PT rewrites to flat out PT criticisms....

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

17. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    Not true. Jar Jar has an arc for one. Obi-Wan certainly has an arc. Padme also. Strictly speaking, hardly any of the central characters in the PT were "new". Only really Padme, Qui-Gon, Dooku, Mace Windu and Jar-Jar. The rest are all either filler or background no different to those featured in the OT, i.e. Wedge, Piett, Jabba, Boba Fett etc. Where are the character arcs there exactly?

I would actually argue that Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda and Palpatine were new characters in that they had to be established and fleshed out like never before. And fleshed out they were. Yoda also has an arc created solely within the PT. He starts out quite arrogant and self-assured, and ends humbled, defeated and in a state of disillusionment. Obi-Wan grows and matures much like Han did in the OT.

Jar Jar was created to get Vader in the suit? Watto was created to get Vader in the suit? Sio Bibble was created to get Vader in the suit?

Which I'll gladly do. Personally I think it would be useful for a PT fan to offer insight rather than the folk already on your side who will most likely think "anything is better than what Lucas gave us".

Andy Wylde, Seagoat and darskpine10 like this.
  18. BretHart

Aug 29, 2015
    Which I'll gladly do. Personally I think it would be useful for a PT fan to offer insight rather than the folk already on your side who will most likely think "anything is better than what Lucas gave us".[/quote]

I wont reply to each point about PT - because like the other poster said , I dont want this thread to turn into a PT debate. If you want to debate PT character arcs, you can PM me at any time.....

I will be glad to send you the draft I'm working on right now for feedback. You can criticize it all you want, but the fact is every feedback comments are important. Most fans just type out one draft , come up with idea - but if not getting paid for it, they dont invest a lot of time and energy to a rewrite. I continue to try to improve my story and come up with an entertaining story because of a self goal. Nothing to do with getting the story popular or everyone loving it. And to answer you, I would want EVERYONE to read it. I dont care if you love PT , hate PT, dont even like SW.

19. SeventySeven

SeventySeven Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    BretHart

None of the subject matter you said had any scenes that expressed it to the audience and made them feel anything.

Well two important scenes are the contrast between the scene on Tatooine where Qui-Gon in holding Shmi by the shoulders as they look over Anakin starting up his pod - where Qui-gon is almost in a religous rapture - the music swells nicely to underline this - and the moment in the temple when he exclaims "no?" while similarly holding Anakin before Yoda. You could cut from one two the other using a needle pushed off a record effect, and it would be quite funny.

If you hate the film and everything about it these scenes, will make you feel nothing but an obsessive contempt - if you are in sync with Qui-gons character they will make you feel something, so they are there.

I'm a film student and have studied this endlessly.

I will give you an A+ if you come back with the Citizen Kane reference in the first Clone Wars cartoon - the one released in the cinema. It's not on google, but quite funny for advanced students.

A character must CHANGE. character, no matter HOW badly you try to spin it. It was bad awful writing.

Was this a 101 ? Is this what they told you - all characters MUST change? Even if they did, did they say all changes should be an obvious dog leg, like Han suddenly returning to help Luke, or would they allow an arc cut from a greater circle, perhaps reflecting the personality of that character?

(that's enough...sorry missed you post about not wanting to further this debate on here...)

Andy Wylde likes this.
  20. BretHart

Aug 29, 2015
    I just wrote a better outline and broke my story outline scene by scene for each Episode.... It should be ready for review for those interested, just PM me. I'm going to spend some $$$ getting this thing out there for views and feedback. It will take a bit of time and work. I'm not saying I wrote the best SW PT of all time, I'm no professional by any means. But I certainly will say the story is better than most fan fiction that is currently out there. I didn't so much 'correct the PT' as I just started from scratch and did my own story with my own characters. And its challenging making three story outline that all have to be consistent with each other, stray away from the PT that Lucas wrote not using any of his ideas, and have it match the greatest trilogy of movies ever made. Its not an easy task at hand and that is why a lot of the fan fiction out there is not that good, just plot, plot, plot....

Basically the main character development of Anakin Skywalker
    Episode I - Anakin discovers who he is
    Episode II - Now he knows who he is, Anakin discovers what he wants
    Episode III - Now he knows what he wants , what will he do

What challenges and inner struggles with the main character face ? What kind of temptations, choices will he be in his pathway ? Who are the characters that help him, who are the characters that hinder him ? What type of adventure do the main characters go through ? Who is the main villain ? What is his goals and desires ? Who are the Jedi & Sith ?

Less is More. I have various action sequences, but limited lightsaber clashes. There is only one MAIN lightsaber battle per film. Yoda is not weilding a lightsaber. Is Yoda even in this ? Should he be ? If so - what role does he play ? These are all questions i asked myself when getting into the story and character development.

As a hardcore film buff and a huge Star Wars fan, I have no doubt this is a fun side project for me to do for some feedback. I could fail completely, but it doesn't matter. Each feedback will help me for my hobby of writing.

21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    May I ask, what's the reference to Citizen Kane?

22. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

don't close this thread yet. :p

I still never posted my rewrites. >_>

I think it would be cool there could be an alternate PT that could be released under the star wars legends banner.

23. nickrington

nickrington Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2015

Yes I agree with all of these!!!

Additionally I think introduce Dooku in Ep 1 - as a political leader as a posed to a jedi come political leader in Ep2...

I will say I do enjoy the prequels to a certain extent (especially Ep3 - I am always talking up Ep3 to my mates so I am doing my bit!) but I do think there some changes such as developing Maul, introducing Alderaan and showing a young Darth Vader (in costume) in action - would have lifted the trilogy up a bit. In the end George needed some help with the scripts plain and simple.

PS I am new to this.. I am only really getting back into SW for the first time since finishing reading the New Jedi Order! Getting pumped for Ep7 even if it means my precious New Jedi Order is now non-canon)

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. TheMandalorian

TheMandalorian Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2015
    Thought I'd add my fair share of the improvements to the PT. As a massive fan of the OT trilogy (or Harmy's Despecialized Ed. lately) I am appalled to see how easily GL sacrificed the plot, significance and mythology of the OT for loads of CGI and (though breathtaking) action scenes.

TPM
    1. The Phantom Menace - that's the title? I'm still trying to figure out what it means. Feels like GL was so exhausted after filming pod racing that he had to come up with a catchy title that reveals nothing at all.

2. Jake Lloyd and Anakin's childhood - I, personally, would get rid of Jake Lloyd, because he brings nothing to the role of Anakin, apart from being a whiny and annoying little boy (much like Christensen to be fair). My suggestion would be to get an actor in his 20 and instead of showing his entire childhood, just put in a conversation or a moment of deep conversation between Anakin and Obi Wan (or other Jedi). It would fit nicely with the whole created by Force (one of the few mythological additions that actually made sense), slavery etc. You don't see Luke whining about his childhood, how he missed his father etc. A few sentence would suffice I reckon. I think GL focused on implying what's important to be explicit and showing explicitly what could be simply implied.

3. Darth Maul - make him appear in TPM and half of ATOC - I like the character, he was everything I would expect from a Sith.

4. Droid Army - in order to fit in with the rest of the saga, why on earth do you fill the entire movie with pseudo intelligent droids that communicate with each other but pose no threat to noone whatsoever (apart from the destroyers). Create a solid opposition movement with a proper army (much like the fight on Geonosis).

5. Midichlorians - I would completely get rid off them, bear in mind they never appeared after TPM. Just a stupid simplification of what had a deeper meaning to a majority of SW fans. Stick to the Force itself, Vader didn't need to check Luke's midichlorians in ANH to state that 'the Force is strong with this one'.

6. Jar Jar Binks - not sure what the purpose of the character was? Like a clumsy Chewbacca? Probably to fill the quota of characters suitable for 'a kids movie'. The fact that he was behind the creation of the Empire is a double slap. Even if you were to leave the Gungans, just let them be or make Jar Jar more 'invisible' much like Wicket in ROTJ.

7. Qui-Gon - as much as I like Qui-Gon, his character puts the entire Obi Wan - Anakin connection in jeopardy and gives Anakin a reason to dislike Obi Wan (he suggested that Qui Gon shouldn't take him on as a padawan). That's why I would take him out of Part I for that matter and focus on establishing that Obi Wan and Anakin were actually good friends from the start. I find it surprising that Anakin is all smiles after him and Qui Gon form a bond and he never reflects on his saviour and former master anyway.

ATOC

1. Introduction - that's where I would insert Qui Gon's character, young Obi Wan perhaps, Sifo Dyas and Dooku situation. It tells us the history of Obi Wan, who Count Dooku is etc. Instead, I had to search who Sifo Dyas was and just kind of ruined my perception of the movie.

2. The Clone Wars - I realise that GL had a deeper interest in signing a deal with Cartoon Network and then with Disney to fill the void between ATOC and ROTJ. It leaves out so much ambiguity and freedom for the writers, it's a small pot of gold hence the revival of Darth Maul in the series. But I would have loved him to actually show us the wars since they were really important for the Galaxy (as mentioned by Obi Wan in ANH). It could only serve for the better - Anakin's growing anger, Anakin missing Padme, Anakin and Obi Wan bonding, Anakins' piloting skills (I feel like inly ROTS does Obi Wan justice with what he says about Anakin's skills in ANH). Get rid of Grievous and just mix up Darth Maul and Count Dooku in between the plots to show the growing threat from the Sith.

2. Anakin's and Padme's romance - I'm sorry but I just can't deal with how badly that was performed. We've had the picturesque example of what romance on screen should look like in OT. Why not show it step by step? Instead we have Anakin not seeing Padme for 10 years coming in madly in love, throwing in lines from a really bad Harlequin. Moreover, some of the lines just don't make sense. One scene is him revealing his feelings for Padme, next is the resentment towards Obi Wan (out of nowhere!). Imagine Anakin is 10 years older in TPM, meets Padme and then we can see how they fall in love throughout all three movies. Also, I'd make Padme slightly younger because I presume there's a solid 20 years between them which is kind of weird, especially for the Chosen One.

3. Owen & Beru - if I'm not mistaken, they have met C3PO and R2D2 in ATOC so how on earth they failed to recognise them in ANH? Also, how does Owen make remarks about Luke's father when he knows his good side (Anakin fought and brought in his father's wife?). Let Anakin build C3PO on his own once he's a Padawan or something.

4. Count Dooku - although I like the character, I kind of feel like the force lightning should be reserved to the Emperor.

ROTS
    1. Anakin - I feel like GL was running out of ideas how to make Anakin be lured to the dark side. I do understand he was afraid to lose the one he loved, but then once she's gone apart from a small scene of anger he doesn't do anything. Again, just show the growing anger and hatred from Part I when he's older.

2. Leia's Birth - so Leia saw her mother when she was a child, but then Padme died during birth? Let Padme and Leia escape from Vader, make him grow his anger and resentment for anyone else apart from his new ally - The Emperor.

3. Yoda - I just don't see how Yoda has failed, couple years before you see him almost defeating Dooku and now he falls from a platform and he's willing to sacrifice the fate of the entire Republic? The one that had to guard it? Come on fellow, give us at least one more round.

25. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    I keep trying to type out a story outline but it just feels so boring when you just try to summarise everything you know? I wish I could draw concept art of each scene, explain all the symbolism, and give detailed explanations of all the characters and their motives and all that but that'd take ages. but oh man is it good got some nice twists and everything.

probably the biggest change is that obi-wan is the main protagonist and has a lot more depth. he struggles with the dark side and it is him who the sith are initially interested in turning. obi-wan is an experimental clone from jedi dna created by the jedi to fulfil the prophecy of the force (which obi wan ignores and is proven to be meaningless later) which angers him. I toyed with the idea of him having a love interest who is actually a villain as well. yet he finds meaningful purpose in his life and after all that, it is anakin who ends up turning.

everything else is just a slightly altered version or reimagining of what lucas already has minus the dumb stuff lol.