main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Rewriting the Prequels...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by swrescripted, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Jedi dress in robes simply because Obi-Wan did on Tatooine and the look was applied to everyone else surely without much thought just to associate Jedi with Kenobi's appearance in A New Hope.
    One sensible observation made by Plinkett was about those robes.
    I use to think the Tatooine stuff in EPISODE ONE could have been shortened and instilled with a sense of urgency had Maul's probe droid or Maul himself found everyone while the podrace was happening. Cut between Anakin racing and Qui-Gon trying to get Padme to safety. The departure from home by Anakin would be more urgent although I never put much thought into how the freeing from slavery and leaving home could have been integrated into that. Change one thing and everything else about Anakin and his living situation has to follow. At the root is Anakin's youth, the time span between I and II, and what makes the Clone Wars clone wars. The whole thing of leaving his mother there and as a slave to never be freed is a big problem. I just wish I had the time and mind I did when I was young and could just get the toys and play out whatever I wanted.
    Jake Lloyd seems to have been trained to be a loud little happy kid in TV commercials. His acting style fit Jingle All the Way but it appears Lucas sought to choose someone who seemed as unlikely to become the Darth Vader persona as possible.

2. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    [​IMG]

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I have a whole bunch of ideas how to write the PT. I'm actually a writer myself and have published two books (in german).

Episode 1:
    Owen and Anakin are teenagers. Owen is stubborn and conservativ, Anakin lusts for recognition (he has self esteem issues because of slavery) and is adventurous.
    They are brothers and live as slaves like their parents. Anakins father is a cynic who has given up his dreams of freedom a long time ago. He is still a good man, though. Owen and Anakin love each other but they are also rivals. One day, forces of the CIS arrive, a military power that has overtaken systems just outside the boarders of the republic. Its head is Count Dooku (not a Sith, only a politician). They collect slaves everywhere to build a slave army. They also grow a lot of clones at Kamino. Anakins parents hide their kids from their slave masters. They themselves are sold to the CIS. Anakin and Owen watch helplessly as their parents are taken from them.
    Later they both vow to free their parents and somehow escape their master. They track the CIS forces until they meet a Jedi called Obi-Wan Kenobi and his soldiers who are tasked to drive the CIS away from the planet. But they are too late. The CIS leaves Tatooine for some other planet. With the help of Anakin and Owen, Obi-Wan can plant a tracking device. They follow to some planet with giant space stations, where the slaves are kept for shipping to planets where they will receive soldier training. Obi-Wan is appalled. The republic wasn't yet aware of the plans of the CIS. He returns to Coruscant immediately, takes Anakin and Owen with him.
    On Coruscant, it is determined that Anakin is strong in the force. They tell him he could become a Jedi if trained and since Obi-Wan has no pupil... On Coruscant, Anakin also meets a young lady politician: Padmé Amidala from Alderaan. He's impressed by her idealism and her willingness to help people. She gives him the feeling of importance, which he likes a lot (low self esteem and all that). What nobody knows: She is the daughter of Count Dooku > twist for later episodes. The political situation is complicated. There is a party of political hardliners led by a senator Palpatine that pushes for war. Others want to negotiate first. They have a voting on what to do about the CIS situation. Palpatine wins. The republic prepares for battle.
    Owen is less impressed by Coruscants glamour. He simply wants to help his parents, that is all. He warns Anakin not to get too involved with galactic politics.
    Anakin begins the first steps of his jedi training.
    The republic engages the CIS and boards the space stations full of slaves. There, the Jedi, who fight alongside the republic forces, meet Darth Maul for the first time. Maul proves to be quite the killer. There's a lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan and Maul but neither wins because an explosion forces them to flee. Anakin and Owen manage to find their parents, but they are dead...
    The battle is won, Maul flees but the CIS is far from beat.
    They all return to Coruscant where a distrust Owen wants to return to Tatooine. Anakin can't understand. Why could he leave now? Didn't he care that his parents were killed? Owen simply answers that revenge won't bring them back. He always dreamed of being a farmer and that's what he is going to do. The two brothers are estranged when they need each others the most. But Padmé, she is there for Anakin.
    In the end, Obi-Wan also remarks that some of the best Jedi in the history of the order have become the best Jedi.

So, Episode II plot I'll write sometime. This is time absorbing. I think, one day I'll really write a fanfiction about it. This idea, it buzzes around in my brain and it won't leave.

BookExogorth likes this.
  4. Darth Auron

Darth Auron Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2013
    These are my ideas for Prequel rewrite. Praises and criticism are very welcome. :)

My titles Episode I: The Prodigal Knight Episode II: The Clone Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Keep original)

Things I would DO AWAY WITH:

1) Jar Jar Binks. I don't mind Gungans, just hate him.
    2) Midichlorians. Keep it simple, all we need is The Force.
    3) The Chose one Prophecy.

This is just a preview of the things that I wished had taken place in the 1st episode.

1) The Saga starts off with Obi-Wan as a newly promoted knight. Qui-Gon is his very good friend who is older and like a brother figure. He showed Obi-wan the ropes after he was trained by Yoda Personally
    2) Obi-Wan discovers 16 year Anakin Skywalker on a mission to Tatooine with Qui-Gon.
    3) Anakin is not born from the force and has a normal father who passed away already. His mother remarries and they become part of the Lars family but Anakin keeps his Skywalker last name in memory of his real father. Him and his step brother Owen are always getting into arguments because Owen is a simple moisture farmer and Anakin is an adventurous rebel.
    4)Anakin seeks to travel the galaxy and become part of something bigger. Obi-wan meets Anakin after one of his podraces (yes I'm keeping podraces) and senses the force is incredibly strong in him. Obi-wan wants to train his first apprentice and Anakin wants to travel the galaxy. The 2 young men hit it off and Anakin decides to join Obi-Wan.
    5) Anakin's family is heart broken that he wants to leave but his parents understand his destiny lies elsewhere. Owen tries to persuade Anakin to stay and tells him not to get involved with the Jedi and their problems.

I have much more that I want to write. If any of you are interested in my version of the prequels please let me know. I am really considering writing my own Prequel scripts and sharing it with all my fellow Star Wars fans. I would greatly appreciated your support. Please leave positive comments. May the Force be with You.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. Darth Auron

Darth Auron Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2013

6. Darth Inferna

Darth Inferna Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2012
    These are all good points everyone! Criticisms are welcomed!

For me, I would keep Episode I the same, except:

-- Anakin is 13-16 years old, because at this age, he's an adolescent/teenager and it's at this time in a person's life that their personality is being forged, the "clay" that is their character is being molded as well as the fact that at this age a person learns how to handle and deal with their emotions in ways that are appropriate. Shown through his trouble expressing any emotions because his slave owners prefer their slaves to be more like mindless droids. The main emotions that he has troubles with are anger, sorrow and his desperation for he and his mother to live a better life.

-- Obi-Wan Kenobi as well as Qui-Gon Jin duel Darth Maul and Count Dooku (even though he escapes mid-way and leaves the fight to it's original combatants). Darth Maul kills Qui-Gon and escapes as well, but not with out leaving Obi-Wan with a special "parting gift" as a reminder. I was thinking of an injury that would require the young Jedi to have something like a pacemaker (this would come in handy plot-wise in Ep. III).

-- Recovering from his injury, Obi-Wan is visited by Anakin and bond. Establishing a friendship where the latter can pull his walls down and have a meaningful talk with the Jedi whereas his life as a slave has left him guarded, having built many walls around himself. Seeing this new side of the teenager, Obi-Wan believes that by training him under the Jedi Code it can help him become a stronger person and speaks to Shmi if it would be alright if Anakin went on to be his Padawan. Anakin initially refuses for he fears for his mother's life but she assures him that everything will be alright and to leave Tatooine.

-- At the end of the film, Anakin arrives at the Jedi Temple and is discovered to the Chosen One.

7. Darth Inferna

Darth Inferna Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2012
    Here's a continuation of my rewrite of the prequels.

Episode II - Attack of the Clones:

-- Anakin's age is anywhere between 19/20 - 24/25, why you might ask? Because I feel as though, our society makes it seem as though once you reach your early to mid-twenties you should have your future laid out like map no matter how detailed or vague it may be. And yet, we all know that, that isn't always the case with people we know or ourselves. Which is why at this point in time, Anakin doesn't what he wants and begins showing signs of disobedience as well as becoming more inquisitive in questioning the Jedi Code.

-- Padme is introduced and is the same age as Anakin, but unlike our tortured hero, she is much more grounded and while she does her dealings in practicality she also very passionate and after meeting her for the first time at a meeting, Anakin instantly becomes smitten with her.

-- Anakin is also having dreams of his mother and tries to speak to Yoda and Obi-Wan about this, seeking guidance. But both Jedi Masters tell him something along the lines of "the dreams are a way of your conscious telling him that you miss your mother which is why you subconsciously conjure up dreams about them" and tries to do what they say and ignore the dreams. But when they get worse and actually depict his mother in pain, he takes matters into his own hands (i.e Tusken Raiders Massacre).

-- After the Tusken Raiders Massacre, Anakin goes on a secret assassination to kill a Separatist Leader with Obi-Wan accompanied by Padme who serves as the decoy to lure the leader out. While on the mission they talk and get close to one another (but he doesn't reveal that he killed the Tuskens) but Anakin does reveal that he has some misgivings of her being a decoy who could get hurt in the line of fire and becomes increasingly worried for her safety.

-- The Separatist Leader they were assigned to kill actually leads them to Darth Maul and Count Dooku. In battle, Anakin and Obi-Wan come up with a plan but after an unexpected attack on Padme by Dooku, Anakin strays away and attempts to fight the Sith Lord on his own. In the fight, Dooku cuts Anakin's arm off and escapes once again leaving Darth Maul to Obi-Wan. Except this time Obi-Wan defeats Darth Maul.

Paparazzo likes this.
  8. swrescripted

swrescripted Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2013
    I haven't checked up on this page for a while, It's gone a lot farther than I thought it would! Darth Auron, I would very much enjoy reading your version of the prequels, you're got some really good ideas. Darth Inferna, you've got some good ideas too. I'm also curious to see what Darth_Pevra has to say about Episode II.

My goal for my rendition of the prequels is to not only make them more faithful to the original trilogy, but I want to derive the outline the story from the actual prequels. I want to show that with a bit more thought, George could have made some great films with a lot of potential. For example, Episode I starts off with the blockade around Alderaan (replacing Naboo), but the Jedi are already on the planet. Maybe when the camera pans down from the opening crawl it reveals a fleet of the ships flying towards the planet. Then it cuts to Padme looking out the window watching one land in the city or something. Two Jedi who happen to be on the planet (for yet undetermined reasons) dash in and try to help the queen escape from the planet. They manage to get to the hangar only to find it filled with battle droids. I was thinking in the hangar maybe Obi-wan damages his lightsaber. So after escaping the hangar they're running around the city when they come across a young freighter pilot by the name of Anakin Skywalker, who agrees to take them with him to his next stop, which happens to be his home planet of Tatooine. Qui-gon questions putting their trust in some pilot to get off the planet, but Obi-wan senses something in Anakin and convinces Qui-gon to go along with it. Demonstrating his amazing piloting skills, Anakin manages to escape the planet and evade the blockade. Little do they know a ship emerges from one fo the flagships surrounding Alderaan and starts following them (It's Maul's ship). While on the ship, Obi-wan is in a meditative state and is repairing his lightsaber with the force. Anakin walks in on this and is fascinated; he's never seen anything like it. (The Jedi and all their abilities aren't as well known in my version for continuity's sake with the OT). This triggers a conversation between the two, the first step in a strong friendship. I'm a little farther story-wise but I'm not as happy with it as I am with what I've typed above, I feel like it could be refined.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002

Darth maul is back in the clone wars series guys! He never died!!!

10. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Does TCW count as canon?

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's T canon- "lesser" than the movies and material in the novels & radio plays that comes direct from Lucas, "greater" than everything else.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  12. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    It should because I own it and it is created and produced by George Lucas. Just watch the credit scenes when each episode of the clone wars ends!

13. pleasedtomeetme

pleasedtomeetme Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2013
    here is my re-write of the prequels. Do you think they're any good?

Episode I
    Basically follows AOTC plot, with some small changes.
    • On Tattooine, Anakin reveals to Padme that this is his home and that he was a slave. Says that Obi-
    Wan found him, knew his potential and encouraged him to leave and become a Jedi. Comments that
    Obi-Wan made him leave his mother, which still bothers him.
    • Obi-Wan captured on Geonosis by a mysterious character named Maul, who works with Dooku. He has
    Sith training, but doesn’t reveal it to Obi-Wan.
    • Ki-Adi Mundi & Aayla Secura are given more screentime in the arena and Geonosis battle. They are our
    ‘side-kick’ Jedi throughout the prequels.
    • Instead of Jango Fett, this is a 20 year-old Boba Fett. He kills many Jedi in the arena by using
    deception and trickery. Mace sees this and targets Boba, but he manages to escape by flying away
    with his jetpack.
    • In the Genosis battle, Maul leads the droids and Yoda leads the clones. The Clone War has begun.
    • Jedi believe they have found the Master Sith in Dooku, but still are looking for the apprentice.

Episode II
    • Battle at Alderaan with Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace, Ki-Adi Mundi & Aayla Secura on the ground. This is a
    major battle because Alderaan is such an important system. They collaborate with Bail Organa to
    strategize their plan.
    • We are introducted to Tarkin, who is an admiral for the seperatists and is leading them in their attack
    on Alderaan. Tarkin ends up winning, forcing the Jedi to retreat and regroup on Coruscant.
    • Palpatine’s continuing hold on his executive powers.
    • Anakin & Padme reunite.
    • Seperatists (led to Maul on the orders of Sidious) also take Naboo. Sidious orders this knowing Anakin's attachment to Padme.
    • Council assign Anakin & Obi-Wan to Naboo because of Anakin's knowledge of the planet.
    • Anakin protects Padme and her family in the Battle for Naboo. His heroics win over Padme's family, who were skeptical of their relationship at first.
    • Obi-Wan encounters Maul on Naboo. Finally, Maul reveals his Sith training. (fight between Maul & Obi-Wan is very similar to the one on Tattoine v. Qui-Gon. Short and mysterious.)
    • Obi-Wan reports to council that he has found the Sith apprentice. He is assigned to track Maul down and kill him. Obi-Wan tracks Maul to Utapau and defeats him in an intense lightsaber battle. (basically the Grievous plot in ROTS, except Grievous is replaced by Maul)

• Anakin & Obi-Wan return to Coruscant and report back to the council. Seperatists build on their victory at Alderaan by attacking Coruscant and "kidnapping" the chancellor.
    Battle over Coruscant that we see at the beginning of ROTS (this is the climatic battle of the film, with Anakin v. Dooku the main lightsaber battle in the film)
    • With Dooku & Maul dead, the council believes they have destroyed the Sith. However, Maul is a
    deception. He has Sith training, but is not an actual Sith Lord. He was used by Sidious to deceive the
    Jedi into thinking that Dooku was the master and Maul the apprentice.
    • Tarkin steps up to lead the seperatists after the death of Dooku & Maul.

Episode III
    • Tarkin leads the Seperatists and takes over Kashyyk. They enslave the Wookies and use the planet as their main base. Boba Fett kidnaps Padme on the orders of Sidious and takes her to Kashyyk. (this information is in the scroll at the beginning of the film)
    • Anakin & Obi-Wan are assigned to Kashyyk to fight the Seperatists & free Padme.
    • Ki-Adi Mundi and Aayla Secura are on other lands suppressing the remaining seperatist strongholds.
    • Mace Windu & Yoda remain on Coruscant to keep an eye on Palpatine, who has gained more executive powers since the Coruscant battle.
    • Anakin channels his dark side again to kill Padme’s captors and free her. Once again, he sees how the
    dark side can help him achieve his goals.
    • Obi-Wan & Anakin lead clones to victory on Kashykk.
    • The defeat on Kashyyk is a crushing blow for the Seperatists in the war. Sidious orders Tarkin to take
    seperatists to Mustafar to regroup.
    • Anakin fears greatly for Padme’s life after her kidnapping.

Basically ROTS from here onwards except intercut Order 66 with Vader's assault on the Jedi temple. Show Yoda at the temple evacuating some Jedi before he must leave. Also, when Vader kills the Seperatists, he leaves Tarkin alive and invites him to join the Emperor as his Chief Admiral. Also add some dialogue at the end when Vader is looking at the Death Star with the Emperor. Have Vader note that not all the Jedi were killed in the attack. The Emperor comments that Vader will hunt them down in time.

Paparazzo and whostheBossk like this.
  14. Klingon Padawan

Klingon Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2013
    I would've shown more organic life-forms in the Seperatist army.

The deleted scenes with Padme's family would be re-inserted.

I would mostly change the duel on Mustafar. Here's why. In the OT duels, there was dialogue and emotional things going on, and not just emotionless choreography scenes. Anakin and Obi wan went for almost 6 minutes without talking to each other during their fight, a far cry from the duels between Luke and Vader. It should have been like the ROTS video game, where Obi Wan tries to redeem Anakin, but Anakin rejects his offer.

Oh, and that video game wasn't so overboard with lightsaber choreography. Just like in the OT, the lightsaber fighting in the video game looked raw, emotional, and angry.

kubricklynch likes this.
  15. Orochi Oni

Orochi Oni Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 8, 2013
    I think it would have been a lot better if Lucas had figured out exactly what he wanted to happen in Episode III and worked backwards. As it stands, it's clear he was making it up as he went along. He did the same with the original trilogy, of course, but unfortunately, lightning didn't strike twice.

It would be good if Dooku was in Episode I. He could have been vocal about his displeasure with the Jedi Order. It would have been great to see Qui-Gon speaking highly of Obi-Wan to Dooku, as was mentioned in AOTC. The death of his former apprentice could have been the final straw that caused Dooku to leave the Jedi Order.

General Grievous is another character I wish we'd seen more of. He should have been in Episode II. We could have seen Grievous in his Jedi-killing prime, before he was in the mechanical body. He could have been severely wounded by the Jedi in the battle on Geonosis, causing him to need the mechanical suit. He would then have been screaming for revenge in Episode III.

I know that Grievous needed the mechanical body because he was injured in a crash, but that could have been changed.

Those are just a couple of things I think would have made the prequels better.

Oh, and no Midi-chlorians. :p

16. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    After doing some in-depth reading from everyone on this and other similiar topics, I finally have been wanting to do some re-writing myself. Let me first say George Lucas did a great job and I am happy with all the movies and fortunate to be alive during this era. I will always watch the movies no matter what. So here is the first of three installments, hope you find some interesting views. Feel free to post what you think, but I did spend a lot of time and energy to bring this about, so enjoy!

--The Phantom Menace (title is fine by me)
    I. Characters are: Anikan (little older at 15yrs, star pilot, slave), Obi Wan (23yrs, Jedi Knight) Padme (16yrs, Queen of Alderaan) R2D2 (Alderaan Republic property, C3PO (in his AOTC outfit, owned by Cpt. Antilles), Qui Gon (48yrs, Jedi Master) Yoda (790yrs or so, Jedi Master/teacher of high Council), Jedi Council (Same as TPM except substitute Billipba, Poof, Yaddle for Trebor, Shaak Ti, and Dooku-who just left before TPM), Senator Palpatine (58yrs, Senator of Naboo,same wily, coniving villian/Sith Lord), Asajj Ventress (25yrs, Sith believed to be Master) to..,Darth Maul (24yrs, Sith Apprentice), Count Dooku (62yrs, was on council, part of Lost 20, Secretly starting Seperatist movement with)...,
    Sifo Dyas (40 yrs old, Lost 20, Jedi Master, Seperatist Co-Leader). Others: TPM characters Panaka, Save Valorum, Jar Jar (small part/death scene), Master Vos, Gungans, Neimodians, Mandalorians (Pre Vizsla), Bail Organa, Passell Argente, Boss Nass, Sebulba, Sio Bibble, Shmi, Watto, Jabba, Sly Moore, Mas Amedda, etc.

I. Act 1
    A. Scroll states the unrest in the galaxy. The Republic senate has grown corrupt and some feel a need to start anew. These star systems have begun building droid armies to prepare for the conflic that lies ahead, lead by former Jedi's Dooku and Dyas. The Jedi, leaders of peace and justice in the galaxy, have been sent to investigate.......

-Pan down
    B. Alderaan
    Has been cut off trade from the orbiting Seperatist starships. Red Republic cruiser shown flying to Trade Federation Battle ship outside planet. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battleship
    Jedi Qui Gon Jinn and apprentice Obi Wan meet with Count Dooku and Sifo Dyas. They explain the corruption in Senate and that they sense the darkside at work. The jedi are skeptical acting like they would've known. Qui Gon asks the former jedi to come back and help be a part of the jedi again. They decline saying it is too late. Then show the jedi a hologram they intercepted a little while ago...Sidious appears but to them he is just hooded figure having a conversation with an unknown senator. Qui Gon and Obi Wan now are tempted to join, but do not, staying on their moral code and hoping to repair the Republic and find out about this hooded villian. The Jedi are told to talk to the Queen of Alderaan to help settle the conflict between them and the seperatist. They simply want them to join or help in any way they can, otherwise no trading between them and their star systems (banking clan, corporate alliance, etc.)
    They leave and go to Alderaan where they meet Senator Bail Organa and Cpt. Antilles (Tantive IV in background) and tell him the news. Young Queen of Naboo greets them and after both state their sides for Peace, the Queen agrees to settle the dispute on Naboo (where they are facing far worse casualties because of no trade and where she feels more obligated to help, its here home planet and where she gained support from the senators their). the jedi decide to go with her for help. Panaka is pilot. Queen says goodbye to her fellow senators, she will return.

Act II
    a. The Queen's Ship is attacked on way to Naboo! (Maul's sith infilitrator http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Scimitar) Ship must land and get repairs/parts. Their they meet young Anakin (dark music is played). Everything is like TPM except much shorter Pod Race showing Anakin win them the money for parts. Qui Gon takes notice and frees him.
    After celebration, Anakin must leave his mother. On way to ship with new parts, Darth Maul attacks Qui Gon and Obi Wan (Padme protects Anakin, but he tries to fight). Fight takes place outside in desert but goes into Mos Espa Hangar. Meanwhile Panak's troops fight Sith Droids- http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/EG_droid , while Qui Gon and Obi Wan duel Maul. Qui Gon is killed. Instead of Obi Wan fighting Maul, he escapes into desert but is rescued and flees with Queen. He promises Qui Gon he will train Anakin.
    Act III
    From here I had 2 options to take: One to finish like TPM- they go to Naboo, find Sith droid armies, meet Jar Jar (who doesn't say much), tehn go to Coruscant, inform senate and Jedi Council, then go back to Naboo for climatic battles. Gungans help against droids, Anikan flies star fighter and does destroy Droid control ship (no kiddie lines). Asajj Ventress flies her starship in space and almost kills Anakin. She does take out many known Jedi knights. Maul returns to fight Obi Wan, knocks off ledge, then Count Dooku and Sifo Dyas come in at end to kill Maul. (Ventress escapes and council is concerned)
    Two fast forward 3 years (I know this was NEVER done in Star Wars but is needed here to show discovery and progress of Anikan which mojority wanted to see). Open in space battle above Alderaan and Naboo as Republic (fighting sith droids and mandalorian army fighter ships -http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Meteor-class_Q-Carrier ) has been in wars for 3 years. Each prominent jedi has their own star fighter. Anikan is a star fighter pilot with a legendary 3 year history as jedi knight.
    Meanwhile...Obi Wan, now a master, discovers the creation of a clone army for the Republic and traces it to Kamino. Padme is now a Senator in Alderaan who argues for peace in Senate while Palpatine gets elected Chancelor by controlling the senate and using the growing Sith droids/mandolorian army and seperatist army as fear to Republic.
    Jedi defeat droids in space and on ground using the help from clones, now found to be created by ex-jedi, Sifo Dyas, Count Dooku and .....Spoiler Qui Gon!!! Obi Wan is torn as jedi and even after victory, the jedi do not want the help from the seperatist and clones. Asaj Ventress escaped ground battle on Geonosis (she's substituted for Dooku) and ends up in hangar. She shows extreme power and skill cutting Obi Wans arm and leg, then when Anikan arrives (he spent last few days returning to Alderaan to be with Padme whom he's falling in love with and is now late helping Obi Wan on Geonosis) He fights Ventress. She first tries to sedduce him, telling him she knows of his love of Padme. The jedi believe Asajj is the other Sith lord. This was done on purpose by Palpatine so no one would suspect him. Asajj then fights Anakin in great duel, but is about to defeat him until Yoda and Plo Koon enter and she has duel with them for a few minutes. Then she flees in her ship.
    Council (Yoda) state "Clone wars have begun". Anikan is shown marrying Padme on Naboo at end.

Let me know which option would work?, obviously it would be hard to squeeze everything in one movie but there it is! I will release AOTC next.

17. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I would change absolutely nothing about the PT. Maybe add a little more story into AOTC, but I love them the way they are.

Andy Wylde and WatTamborWoo like this.
  18. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Anakin's arc is much more operatic in the real version. The "angry little boy" Anakin wouldn't be a surprise if he became a baddie.

Andy Wylde and WatTamborWoo like this.
  19. localriot

localriot Jedi Padawan

Mar 8, 2013
    Anakin and Obi both the same age, apprentices under the same master and great friends. We get to see them develop together. Then the clone wars start. No need to go into why anakin should be trained or balance to the force crap.
    Events in the close wars drive anakin to the darkside. Anakin turns vader halfway through ep 3. Obi still senses the good in him, tries to turn him back but fails.

20. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I feel like it was more of Anakin's secret love and his passion that drove him to the dark side.

21. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Oh, and I forgot to include the "host" for the clone troopers could still be a bounty hunter that Dooku and Sifo Dyas both knew. Mention Jango Fett but never see him, just the Mandalorian army.

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I think making Anakin the same age as Padme would have worked just fine, and it also would have enhanced the love affair between the two. Now, the whole thing between them just seems weird.

23. Swarley

Swarley Jedi Knight

May 15, 2013
    1. Don't kill off Darth Maul in Episode 1. Such an awesome character, and with him killing Qui-Gon, him vs. Obi-Wan could have been an interesting thing to see progress through multiple films.
    2. Don't make Jar-Jar a clumsy, annoying idiot.
    3. No Jango Fett. The awesomeness of Boba for me was b/c he was so mysterious. The stuff from the PT just kind of ruins that for me.
    4. More Mace Windu. Why not showcase that character more?
    5. Anakin needs to be the same actor throughout the trilogy (not a huge fan of Hayden Christiansen either).
    6. More Clone Wars.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    It is true his love and passion were at the root of his fall. But they are best described as his attachments. It is these that ultimately destroy him and everyone around him.
    It is developed very well in the CW. There is a webdoc where the writers at the end of Padawan Lost show Anakin and Ahsoka walk away and Yoda is happy because he believes that Anakin is letting go of his atachments (he has accepted Ahsoka's independence. Indeed that is why he was given a Padawan in the first place to help him learn to develop a relationship and then let it go as a Jedi must. However by the end of Season 5 he still cannot get over his own feelings. When Ahsoka leaves the Jedi order he can only think about his own feelings. He says: "I understand wanting to leave the Jedi order" not "I understand why YOU want to leave". It is the same in AOTC - when his mother dies, Cliegg Lars gives a eulogy about Shmi (her qualities) and Anakin gives a eulogy about himself (his feelings).

25. Hurricanejedi

Hurricanejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2013
    One thing i really think that the EU created which i think should of been explored in ROTS is the Dark Acolytes. I mean dooku gets his own little army to hunt down Jedi inc Asajj Ventress from TCW. Imagine after Dooku's death, they launch an attack on the Jedi Temple (similar to what they did in the cinematic for The Old republic) I mean we have never had that on the big screen. I think it would be great, the jedi would of prevailed with windu and yoda and OBW/anakin leading the way but the people of Coruscant would of lost some faith in the jedi. It would help set up the destruction of Jedi Order.

I felt in ROTS it just was rushed the whole downfall of the Jedi etc.

I would love to hear thoughts...

" 65% of internet quotes are made up" Shakespeare.