main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Rewriting the Prequels...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by swrescripted, Jan 23, 2013.

1. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    What if the prequels had been an anthology film about character such as Darth Vader?

Obi-Wan and his apprentice are already master and apprentice during the Clone Wars. They rescue a beautiful senator from the clutches of the evil clone army and are welcomed back as heroes. Anakin is smitten with his girl and begins to fall in love with her. Obi-Wan is soon assigned to pursue the Clone army another direction. Anakin and Padme end up spending more time together until they make love. Eventually, Obi-Wan is captured, Anakin has to rescue him from the clone army. Anakin falls into a molten pit during the battle because of his master's recklessness and is scarred. There is no duel between the two. Obi-Wan mourns for his apprentice. Padme finds out she is pregnant, which she reveals to Obi-Wan after this loss and must keep a secret.

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Namely, I would have rather that the fall of the Republic, and the rise of the Empire (and the rise of Palpatine), followed a more end of the Roman Republic route. Palpatine could have been a very successful and popular military leader (though still secretly a Sith Lord) that used the popularity he gained fighting enemies of the Republic in the Outer Rim, coupled with other political shenanigans, to justify invading Coruscant, taking over the Senate, and establishing dictatorial rule. In that context, Anakin and Obi-wan could have been key soldiers in Palpatine's army. Anakin sticks with Palpatine after he "crosses the Rubicon," so to speak, due to his belief in strong leadership (and perhaps his belief that Palpatine could help him find a cure for death), while Obi-wan does not, and they part ways.

So yeah, a story paralleling the rise of Caesar, and the Roman Empire, could have made for a more thrilling trilogy (while also including plenty of politics).

3. Antpocalypse

Antpocalypse Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2016
    Maybe it has been said many times by other fans, but I wouldn't change a thing. I love the PT movies as they are, for me they are perfect. :)

Deliveranze likes this.
  4. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I would like to have seen more Palpatine and Ian Mcdiarmid. His performance was world class in the PT.

And of course, no Jar Jar! [face_not_talking]

5. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    If technology had allowed it, I would've changed all of the Clone Wars to the Droid Wars.

Palpatine secretly creates a massive army of droids from an ancient weapon used during a war thousands of years before. He invades the Republic and wipes out all of the Jedi and what remains of the Republic military. Using his new droid army, rules the Galactic Empire with an iron fist. The Rebel Alliance forms out of whatever remains of the Republic's once grand military.

ShaneP likes this.
  6. BretHart

BretHart Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 29, 2015
    [​IMG]

trying to get more people to give me feedback and bring more attention to my prequel rewrite so I can post Episode III for those who want to read it.

Link to my story is in my signature.

Jcuk likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Just post your Episode 3.

Holding a story hostage for reviews is bad form imo.

Those that want to read it, will read it. If people don't, oh well. Their loss.

Big Boss_92 likes this.
  8. Big Boss_92

Big Boss_92 Jedi Master

Dec 1, 2013
    Exactly. There will be probably more people than you think that read your prequels, what happens is that you cannot expect that everyone to leave a comment.

Seagoat and Force Smuggler like this.
  9. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I really can't grant you enough kudos for the first two episodes. Terrific.

10. BretHart

Aug 29, 2015
    I appreciate that.

11. BretHart

Aug 29, 2015
    I should be posting Episode III - Rise of the Sith in July. The story is done, has to go through my editor. The ones who read it and checked it out are very interested in reading it, so as usual, would love their feedback. Have no idea how to get people to check out the first two stories !

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    No "Darth" as a title. Instead, Sheev simply uses "Sidious" as an alias to control the Trade Federation.

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    What if instead of the Trade Federation invading Naboo, the people of Naboo are attacked by Gungans who have joined the Separatists?

14. Carlandrea

Carlandrea Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2016
    Don't change anything at all

Deliveranze likes this.
  15. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

depends. Need more info and context in which this happens. How does it come about?

And one other crucial bit: are the gungans the same design? I'm not sure I could take a bunch of amphibious jack rabbit eared aliens seriously.

16. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Episode I would be Attack of the Clones. It would mostly be the same except:
    Anakin and Owen would be brothers
    Anakin and Obi Wan are closer
    Anakin is in his mid-late 20s
    Naboo is Alderaan
    Padme is Queen while Bail is Senator

Episode II would be Revenge of the Sith. Mostly the same except:
    Anakin is still older
    Dooku escapes, commands the Separatists on Utapah
    No Grievous
    Mace Windu is sent to fight Dooku, dies
    Obi Wan accompanies Yoda on Kashyyyk
    Padme survives childbirth, Palpatine lies to Vader
    Both twins are taken to Padme's home planet Alderaan

17. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Episode III: Quell of the Light:

Directed by: Irvin Kershner

Starring:
    Natalie Portman
    Joel Edgerton
    Ian McDiarmid
    David Prowse
    Jimmy Smits
    Christopher Lee
    Ewan McGregor
    Anthony Daniels
    Kenny Baker

About five years after ROTS
    Opens with Vader in Outer Rim, on a mission to kill Jedi
    Dooku is leading the remaining Separatists on Utapah
    Darth Vader senses that Palpatine was lying about Padme's death
    Padme is still the Queen of Alderaan, Bail is Senator
    Luke and Leia are five years old
    Palpatine hires Boba Fett to get rid of Padme, attempt fails
    Padme goes to Tatooine, gets Owen to help her bring Anakin back.
    Dooku wants Vader to join Separatists, lures Padme and Owen into a trap
    Vader goes to Utapah, defeats Dooku in lightsaber duel
    Padme brings Anakin back to the light side
    Anakin (still in suit) attempts to kill Palpatine on Courscant, is tortured into submission
    Vader kills Padme, destroying the light in him, but spares Owen (unbeknownst to Palpatine)
    Bail raises Leia, Owen takes Luke to Tatooine
    Obi Wan appears briefly at the end, with Qui Gon's ghost

18. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Emperor Ferus

I'm not going to warn you again. Continued double posting will result in a ban

19. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    Padme lives, escapes to Alderaan, but dies a few years after Revenge of the Sith. This way, in Return of the Jedi when Luke asks Leia, "Do you remember your mother...your real mother?" It makes sense.

I also would have added a scene mirroring ROTJ Yoda and Luke scene, but with Padme and Leia. Padme would be on her death bed, when she calls for young Leia to say her goodbyes. Then the last thing she tells her is "You have a brother." but then she dies.

I would have created that scene because Leia tells Luke, "I've known, somehow, I've always known."

Huttese 101 and Tosche_Station like this.
  20. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013

Prowse would have never been cast. there was bad blood Between lucas and he since the end of the OT Steming from Prowse leaking plot details of both empire And jedi to reporters and also a Dispute as Over money. Prowse claims he had a back end deal and was Cheated Out of money by hollywood accounting practices. Also his arthitis was so bad that by 2001 he had Lost the use of one of his arms.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Prowse

21. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Ok, that's true. I guess christensen would do it then.

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Anakin: What is a Sith?
    Qui-Gon: (the Sith origin story seen in the TPM novelization)

23. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Interesting idea, still I like the character of Anakin just as he is, not interested on Sith at all. But I‘d like to hear some story about that in the movies also.

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I think TC-14 should have a bigger role. Have her stick by Gunray's side throughout the trilogy. It would be a fun parallel to 3PO sticking by the heroes' side throughout the OT.

PCCViking likes this.
  25. MyDarkstar

MyDarkstar Jedi Master star 1

Nov 8, 2014
    I'm guessing this has been asked on these forums already. I would be interested to hear fans' versions on what they feel would have been a better storyline for the Prequels.

I know the very core of the story can't be changed because it's a given :

• Yoda was Obi-Wan's master (He may or may not have had a different master at one time. Qui-Gon is never mentioned in the OT)
    • Anakin was somebody who had incredible power with the Force.
    • Anakin was trained by Obi-Wan and became a Jedi and the best star pilot in the galaxy
    • He fought in the Clone Wars with Obi-Wan
    • Palpatine seduced him using the Dark Side and turned him on the Jedi and he helped wipe them out.
    • Obi-Wan was Anakin's master during the last time they met before the events of EpIV
    • For some reason he needed to wear an outfit which functioned as a life-support system (it was never specified exactly why he needed it in the OT. It may or may not have come from a battle with Obi-Wan)
    • Somehow he lost his blue light saber and Obi-Wan got it
    • His children were taken from him. (it was never specified who exactly was the mother in the OT)
    I think those are the only elements which are specified in the OT and cannot be changed. It is never specified how Anakin was discovered, or how old he was when discovered. It is never specified how exactly Palpatine managed to come to power.

So, how would you have re-written the story in order to improve it ? I've heard some versions by other fans (most of which were completely different than the actual script). I'd be very interested to hear others.

Thank you.

whostheBossk likes this.