main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Rewriting the Prequels...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by swrescripted, Jan 23, 2013.

1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Would be rather problematic given that they all died before ROTS in the timeline.

2. Hurricanejedi

Hurricanejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2013
    I just realised my timing. haha. I should of put a little more detail on that, i only thought ROTS because Dooku dies, Quilan Vos is a great character we see a little in TCW but his turn to the dark side would of been something cool to see. DarthBoba

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    If you haven't seen my post from earlier (page 5) I did a version of TPM that took from what most of you on these boards wanted. Now I have Attack of the Clones! I'm keeping this titile as well, but opening with Clone Wars in full throttle.

I. S

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  4. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Episode II

I. Span down!! Enter Clone Wars battle over Coruscant. Show Anakin fighting Ventress's elite droid fighters over the planet.
    Palpatine's office: Palpatine accepts the Clone Creation while Dooku is over-ruled in Senate to govern the clones. He is then killed by Anikan who finds him out after the battle in a secret Mission kept from the Jedi. He was not chosen to investigate Utapau and face General Grevious, so instead went to Dooku's Seperatist warship. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Warship?file=NebulonBfrigate-TCWBRBD2.png

The rest I would keep in step with Revenge of the Sith. Most of movie would have Anikan's dissaproval with the Jedi and him sneaking behind their backs for Palpatine. More ground battles on Kashyyyk and air battles on Utapau would be shown. Grevious doesn't hunch over, and does not use four arms. He does fight using other Jedi's lightsabers. He is defeated ending the Clone Wars at the end. Obi Wan then searches for Anikan at end while he is pledging his allegiance to Palpatine. Mace Windu is defeated by Anikan and the Jedi are ruled traitors at end. Obi Wan vs. Anikan will take place in Ep. III .
    Once Dooku and Grevious are killed, Passell Argente allies himself with Sidious/Mandalorians (Pre Viszla introduced) and attacked the Jedi with their droid armies. (They battled the clones in many great battles during the clone wars shown in this movie). Anikan is becoming strong enough in dark side to save Padme (so he thinks), and is sent to destroy Argente and what's left of the Seperatist army. He engages Ventress on

5. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Not much of a writer. Thinking more of how the film as it stands can be improved with some tweaking and some reshoots. I'd try and retain as much as George shot as possible but reorder it and place little Annie in a prologue or prelude to the main story.

Keep Qui-Gon meeting Anakin and Shmi's farewell. The best 20 minutes of the TPM Tatooine scenes. You keep Jake Lloyd but as the prelude to the larger story. Have the prelude end with Obi-Wan being introduced to little Annie aboard the Queen's ship as they leave Tatooine....pan up, fade, cue Lucasfilm logo...a long time ago SW title and opening scroll.

That's how I would maybe start Episode One.

But leave the essence of what Lucas envisioned intact.

Opening scroll informs us it's now Jedi Padawan Anakin Skywalker and Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi fighting in the Clone Wars.

6. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    (Continued from above..library kicked me off).... He engages Ventress on Bos Pity. There they meet Quinlan Vos who helps Anikan in the duel. After a long duel, Anikan kills Ventress but is given lip service by Vos who is most upset with Anikan and his use of "force choke" (darkside) powers.
    Before Vos can escape with the horrible news, Anikan completes his turn by letting go of the good, becoming Vader and dueling Vos with a suprise attack. He beheads him thus Vos becomes second in Jedi Purge (Mace). When Mace and Jedi go to arrest the Chancelor, the other jedi last much longer!!. Order 66 is issued. Vader returns to Coruscant to be with Padme, who is scared and after conversation with him, runs off to have the babies without him. Clones are turning on Jedi all over galaxy, killing many prominent Jedi. Twins are born. End of episode II.

Episode III Revenge of the Sith (two years later)
    Opens with Empire forming its look and giving wrath to many other star sytems. Vader is hunting down many jedi in a rage since he cannot find Padme. Obi Wan, Yoda and Padme are with the newly formed Rebellion army. Mon Mothma has more a prominent role. Twins are two years old. Most of movie is spent with rebels on the run. They are successful in gaining support from other star systems. Yoda has duel with Emperor while Obi Wan goes to Mustafar to duel Vader. Rest is like end of ROTS except twins are older, and Padme is the one who sneaks on ship. When Vader see's her he is upset with both and force choke's her. Then the duel begins. Obi Wan wins, Vader is put into suit. The End

7. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I've been part of many of these "Make the PT better" threads and I post the same thing every time. Keep in mind I like the PT.
    The biggest thing I would change is TPM, get rid of it; it's not the story that needs to be told. Episode I should've been AOTC, Episode II should've taken place during the Clone Wars, and Episode III left the way it is.
    TPM and AOTC should be combined. Anakin, who is about 15, gets found in AOTC by Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Darth Maul kills Qui-Gon at the end and Maul remains the villain throughout the trilogy and we never see Dooku. In the next one during the Clone Wars we see Anakin get Knighted, finally showing us how a Jedi gets knighted. Anakin and Padme get married at the end. ROTS is left the way it is.

KilroyMcFadden and whostheBossk like this.
  8. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Very close to what I had written above. Again, I took the "majority" from everyone on the boards and combined a few twists here and there (Qui Gon in league with Dooku, who was not a Sith). If TPM and AOTC could be cobined without being rushed or jammed too much, it would have been great. It was ok to have droids, but have Mandalorians battle the Jedi in the big battles. Have the Clone Wars start, and Anikan and Padme get married at end of EP. I and then in EP. II have it be about "The Clone Wars", have Anikan knighted as a Jedi, and the twins could be born. Ep. III similiar to what it is except Anikan has already turned at beginning , and then hunts down the jedi (particularly Kenobi) throughout rest of movie.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    No Jar Jar, make Anakin older, have Bail Organa have a larger role, Obi-Wan finds Anakin, have Delegation of 2000 scenes from ROTS. Show the Clone Wars. Anakin goes undercover and has Vader codename.

10. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

I would rather stick with Lucas' version, thank you very much. I don't need any such drastic changes. I don't see any improvements whatsoever in any suggestions I have read.

Andy Wylde and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  11. Tala Que

Tala Que Jedi Knight

Mar 15, 2013
    What I would do is eliminate TPM and make AOTC episode I and ROTS episode II and then make episode III tie into episode IV more. Of course I would make a few changes in the movies to tie it all together such as make Padme live long enough for Leia to actually have some memory of her. I would also make Anakin into more of a likable guy and a hero, because lets face it, that's what he was described as in the OT.

whostheBossk and KilroyMcFadden like this.
  12. man of steel

man of steel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    Drush thank you for stating my sentiments

Andy Wylde and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  13. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    Ok so this is the official rewrite thread ...............I have found it at last !!!

14. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    Now I shall commence with my short verison of a Prequel rewrite containing within the events of all three films.............(in number seq of how it would appear on screen)
    The Phantom Menace Episode 1 !!

1.) After Opening Crawl of TPM would feature Darth Maul contacting the Trade Federation and telling them to tighten the blockcade.
    2.) The Republic would send a full Jedi Obi-Wan to investigate this Blockcade, Palpatine would already be surpreme leader sparing us all the needless politics.
    3.) Yoda would not be seen in the TPM at all, Mace Windu would lead up the Jedi Council on Corustant.
    4.) Q-Gon would be a wise Jedi on the Council, counciling Obi-Wan who would be viewed as a Rebel by the Council, (This would go along with his statement to Yoda in ESB, that he was Wreckless too if he remembered.)
    5.) Obi-Wan would be assaulted by the Trade Federation once they discovered his was a Jedi but he would fight his way though droids, highjack a ship and blast his way off the control ship and hit hypership but his ship would be damaged and he would be forced to crashland on Tatooine.
    6.) Meanwhile Queen Padme on Naboo would be personally leading a planet-wide rebellion against the Trade Federation, we would see thousands of battle droids landing on the planet, and Darth Sidious would appear at this point and tell Maul to track and kill the Jedi that fled before he can return to Corustant.
    7.) Back on Corustant, Q-Gon would sense a great distrubence in the living force but the other Council Members would fail to see it and Mace Windu would censor Q-Gon.
    8.) On Naboo The Queen would meet a creature named Jar Jar Binks who would take her to the Gungan city to meet with his king and gather reinforcements against the invasion.
    9.) On Tatooine, Obi-Wan would land his ship on the Outskirts of Mos Epsa and himself feel the great movement in the force like he has never felt before, he would then strike out to the city taking with him only a lone astromech droid who was formerly the maintaince droid on his highjacked ship.........R2D2.
    10.) Reaching the City, Obi-Wan would be astonished to discover most of the population fevelishly running to attend a local pod-race, He hides himself amongst the crowd of citizens and goes to the Race himself.
    11.) Cut back to Corustant and Q-Gon contacts the Queen and discusses the fate of Naboo, it does not look good as thousands of Naboo citizens have already been displaced or killed and the Senate & Jedi Council is hamstrung and powerless to act.
    12.) Back to Tattooine as we see Darth Mauls Ship arrive on the Dark side of the Planet and his sends out his probe droids ..........
    13.) At the Pod-Race, Obi-Wan is stunned to learn the Champion is a human kid, and his name is Anakin Skywalker, but he is a slave to the Hutt Clan. Obi-Wan has never seen a Human with the reflexes and agility to be able to race pods.
    14.) the Race is won by Anakin again to a wide cheer by the mostly Alien crowd in the Arena, we see the Hutts greedily collecting the winnings. Anakin salutes the crowd and a few Hutt Guards rush over to take him away
    15.) Obi-Wan follows them staying just out of sight all the way up to the Hutt Chambers, once inside, One Hutt Jabba Angerily tells Anakin that he gets no cut of the winnings because he damaged the pod in the race, then Obi-Wan lowers his hood and greets the Hutt Clan stepping to the center of the room.
    16.) Obi-Wan demands that he is a agent of the republic and that he would pay handsomely for this humans freedom, at which all the Hutts laugh.
    17.) Obi-Wan then uses a Jedi-Mind trick telling the Hutts that it would be in their best interest to take his payment and release the boy to him so he could torture him using the most cruel methods they could imagine, It WORKS, even on Jabba, because they have never wittness Jedi mind powers before, (explains why Jabba was resistant to Luke in ROTJ.)
    18.) Obi-wan swiftly pulls Anakin out of the room ( he is a 15 yr old teenager in this rewrite) just as Jabba realizes they have been decieved and orders the guards in pursuit.
    19.) Obi-Wan and Anakin narrowily escape on speeders, only to be pursued by the Probe Droids and then Darth Maul ambushes them at Obi-Wans ship, There is a brief lightsaber clash but R2 helps Anakin fly aboard the ship and fires it up, taking off and hoovering low, Obi-Wan and Maul both jump on the landing platform , and R2 rushes back using his electro shock device to disengage the landing dock, saving Obi-Wan and dumping Maul back to the ground as the ship takes off......We see Maul looking up in the sky disengageing his lightsaber...........All in All, this is about a 20 minute uninterupted Action Scene.
    20.) Once Safely away in Space , Obi-Wan and Anakin have their 1st moment of greetings and Obi-Wan explains that his hyperdrive has been disabled and that he saved him because he senses that the boy is very strong in the Force. Anakin reacts gratefully at being freed form the cruel hutts but expresses regret about his mother, who he has not seen in years. Obi-Wan concerned by this new Dark Warrior tells Anakin to be patient and let go of his fear, The Force will take care of everything else. (It is a talk very simlar to the one he had with Luke in ANH.)
    21.) Suddenily we see another ship emerge form Hyperspace, it is a republic vessel with Q-Gon on Broad , he defiled the Council and came to get Obi-Wan but he is stunned to meet Anakin who he instantly senses has great power in the Force.
    22.) Back on Naboo, the Queen leads a combined force of her own troops and Gungans in a attempt to capture back her throne form Viceroy Gunray and the Trade Federation, Darth Sidious appears to Gunray and tells him that the Republic will not interfer with his blockcader and to destroy this meddeling queen, He also tells him that his apprentice Darth Maul will soon be with him.
    23.) Q-Gon, Obi-Wan and Anakin talk to the Council via hologram in which Mace Windu forbids Obi-Wan form training the Boy because he is too old, and there is great fear and confusion in him, Obi-Wan protest in vain telling Windu that he is ready for a apprentice, Q-Gon calms Obi-Wan down and tells him they have more pressing matters to attend too and Mace Windu orders them to Naboo after telling them that SC Palpatine has the senate in lockdown and will take no action on Naboo so the Jedi must.
    24.) The Queen is captured by the Trade Federation and taken to the palace throne room, her forces are shattered and in retreat. Viceroy Gunray demands that she sign authority of the system over to the Trade Federation making his invasion legal. She refuses and they strap her to a electro shock table for torture.
    25.) The Jedi and Anakin arrive on Naboo landing right in the hanger bay of the palace itself, after the big battle they slipped in undetected. Q-Gon cautions Anakin but allows him to go with him senseing his strength in the living force .
    26.) The Jedi quickly fight their way to the throne room and cut into the sealed door with their lightsabers. Anakin takes out many droids himself with a blaster rifle and also manages to disable 2 sheilded droids while the Jedi blocked their shots.
    27.) Once in the Throne room, the Queen meets and is freed by Anakin and she gives Anakin a gold protocol droid C3P0 as a gift to Anakin, meanwhile the Jedi sense great darkness.
    28.) While exiting Darth Maul ambushes them, Anakin takes the Queen to Safety while Obi-Wan and Q-Gon engage the Sith, The Battle is Quick and Maul shows off his skill by separtating the Two Jedi and slaying Q-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan enraged and drawing upon the Dark Side Himself rushes Darth Maul, and after a struggle, Cuts Maul in half watching him fall down a reactor shaft. Q-Gon tells Obi-Wan to Train the Boy and that he will always be with him as he dissappeares into the Force.

The End scenes show the great celebration on Naboo as the Republic fleet finally arrives, as does the Palpatine and the Jedi Council. Palpatine greets both Padme expressing his regrets, and Anakin, with a devious smile on his face. Meanwhile Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Argue about Anakin and his training, Obi-Wan tells Mace that he gave Q-Gon his word, then Mace says that he must see the head of the order Yoda to resolve this matter. Then Yoda appears via hologram from the wookie world of Kyyshakk, AND SAYS YOUR APPENTRINCE SKYWALKER WILL BE The camera pans up to the Naboo skyline and we see fireworks and fighers flying by (Similar to ROTJ ending) John Williams Force theme hits and .................................CUT TO END CREDITS..........

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    Episode 2 : Attack of the Clones arrives........and the After Opening Crawl we pan up to a solar sailor and on it count Dooku, it lands gracefully on the Waterily world of Kamino, (it is 5 years after the events of Episode One.)

1.) Count Dooku emerges from his craft and walks in the rain up to the landing bay door and is greeted by alien Kama Su, who says that the Army is nearly prepared. Dooku says excellent, and asked if he can see them, Kama Su guides him to the huge cloning vault and he sees thousands of clones at different development levels busy training in the arts of war.
    2.) Cut to The Jedi Council Chambers, Mace Windu and the others discuss Count Dooku and the fact that he has served ties and left the Jedi Order, he is now considered one of the lost 20. One Jedi says that he was trained by Master Yoda, and he must be stopped only by Master Yoda. with that Yoda walks into the Council chambers having arrived form Kyyshakk moments before
    3.) Cut to Anakin and Obi-Wan going to meet Senator Padme, who is the former Queen of Naboo, Anakin is now a little older, (played by the same actor) and Obi-Wan has a full beard, and markings of a Jedi Master. It is clear they have developed a strong friendship and when Anakin sees the Queen he says nothing but his looks do the talking, Obi-Wan cant help but notice the attraction between them.
    4.) Cut back to Count Dooku, talking to a Bounty Hunter named Jango Fett. Dooku gives this Bounty Hunter specfic instructions to bring the Jedi Obi-Wan Kieobi to him alive and unharmed. Dooku then gets on the holoscreen and addresses the Systems of the Republic, claiming that the Republic has lost its way, and that the Jedi Order as well as the senate has been corrupted by dark forces and he has no choice but to withdraw his system and others from the Republic, the world separtist is heard for the 1st time, Cut to the Senate Chambers which is in a uproar at Dookus announcement, SC Palpatine quiets the Crowd and makes a announcement of his own, He says that he will not allow Dooku to withdraw systems from the Republic and calls for War against Dooku and his supporters, at this many groups leave the senate chambers in protest, to suceed from the Republic, the Clone Wars officially begins.
    5.) The Jedi attempt to interven and change Palpatines mind about going to war so rashly with a former Jedi Master who has somehow gained control of hundreds of star systems, in this meeting are the entire Jedi Council, inculding Yoda, and Palpatine and his closest advisors. the Loyalist committee also arrives lead by Senator Bail Organa and Padme. Palaptine agrees to send the Jedi Council lead by Mace Windu to a netural system to discuss a truce with Dooku and bring him back to the Republic.
    6.) Meanwhile Anakin and Obi-Wan get into a dissagreement over the true nature of the Force as Padme summons them to her, they arrive to hear that Palpatine has word of a assasination threat on her life, clearly put in place by the Trade Federation over the events on Naboo 5 years earlier, Yoda Assigns Obi-wan and Anakin to personallly oversee Padmes safety.
    7.) cut to night on Courastant, Padme is in her chambers well protected by guards and Anakin and Obi-Wan, when the building is raided by two bounty hunters, Jango Fett and Zam Wessell, they cut though Padmes guards with ease, taking the Jedi by surpise somewhat, even though Anakin sensed danger moments before, this leads to the speeder car chase though the skyline, and Jango Fett kidnaps Senator Padme and makes good his escape, Anakin and Obi-Wan catch Zam but she is wounded and dies before giving up any info.
    Anakin and Obi-Wan then get into a major disagreement, Obi-wan urges caution and patience and Anakin urges Action to save Padme.

continued...

16. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    8.) Meanwhile the Jedi team arrive at the selected netural meeting spot to discuss a truce with Count Dooku, it is the planet Geonosis, Dooku has arranged for the group to meet in a abandoned old arena away form any major population. Mace Windu has with him 20 other Jedi, Dooku is alone. Mace Windu expresses regret that Dooku has choose this Path, Dooku expresses regret that the Jedi Council allowed his apprentrice Q-Gon Jinn to be killed, Mace Says nothing can change that now, Dooku responds that he is sick and tired of the games the Senate plays with the lifes of his people and that his separation form the Republic is the only option, motioning with his hands Dooku summons thousands of bug-like Creatures, natives of Geonosis who arrive and surround the Jedi, lightsabers drawn.
    9.) Yoda dispatches Obi-Wan and Anakin off to find young Padme and save her form the Bounty Hunter, telling Obi-Wan that more is at work than meets the eye. Anakin rushes to leave.
    10.) The Jedi surrender to Dooku, and are taken into Captivity. Dooku then announces that he has proof of a Jedi Conspiracy to overthrow the Republic, and claims that his captives are the ones behind it. Obi-Wan and Anakin track the Bounty Hunter Jango Fett to Kamino, and the Cloning planet which is not shown on any of their maps.

17. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    11.) Anakin and Obi-Wan split up in their search, Anakin is assaulted by a group of well armed soldiers in white armor, the 1st version of the stormtrooper but he kills them all but with a little difficultly for a Jedi, Obi-Wan meanwhile reaches the main Cloning vaults and beholds the millions of clones being readied for War. Anakin makes his way to the top of a spire in the city and spys Padme being held outside a Firespray class ship on a landing platform, she is tied up and out in a position to be seen. Anakin makes use of his jedi skills to reach the landing platform in short order, Jango Fett realizes he has attracted the wrong Jedi with his bait.

18. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I don't really like this idea -- if it's played straight. One of the things I always loved about Star Wars was that it never played the damsel-in-distress (DID) trope straight. It always either subverted it or played with it.

For example, Padmé in Episode I is not a DID and in Episode II, she gets herself out of trouble well enough. Plus, Lucas does a good job playing with the trope. Padmé herself suggests that she should be used as bait to lure out her attacker. Then, in the droid factory, it's not Anakin that helps her, but R2 instead. In the arena, she takes care of herself. Ironically, in Episode III, it's the fact that Anakin believes that she falls into this category that causes her to die.

Then, in the OT, Leia is a prisoner in ANH, but she also quickly takes charge. In ESB, too, Luke goes to save her -- but she ends up saving him just as much (if not more). Then, in ROTJ, when Luke and Han go to "rescue" her in the Ewok village, she's perfectly alright and they're the ones in trouble.

19. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    12.) Anakin engages Fett and smashes his jetpack with his lightsaber, Fett retreats into his ship and blast away firing at Anakin with the turbolasers of his ship as he flees, Anakin reaches Padme and pulls her to safey just as Obi-Wan arrives and tells them both about the Clones, The Jedi contront Luma Su who informs them that the clones are made out of Jango Fett Template. So in essence the Bounty Hunter is the Father to Count Dookus great Army. the Three contact Yoda who is with a Jedi strike team on the way to attempt to rescue Mace Windu and his company. Yoda tells Obi-Wan and Anakin to be cautious and careful, and that they should accompany them to Geonosis to find and deal with Count Dooku in hopes of stopping this War that is about to engulf the Galaxy.

20. butlerd

butlerd Jedi Master star 1

Dec 31, 2008
    AOTC should have been the first movie, a movie along the lines of "Labyrinth of Evil" should've been EP 2, and ROTS should remain mostly the same. TPM could have been covered as a book/multimedia presentation a la Shadows of the Empire IMHO

21. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    This would have worked much better than what we got for sure...............

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  22. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    TPM should have been the first movie. AOTC the second and ROTS the third

....oh wait!

23. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    All these rewrites are based purely on action, older Anakin, the Clone wars and so on.
    The thing is, there's no psychological development inside Anakin that would lead him to the dark side. That should be the basis where to start from and then incorporate Kenobi, Maul, the Clone wars, Palpy...

Andy Wylde likes this.
  24. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Whiney kid to whiney jerk teen to jerk adult = psychological development. [face_rofl]

25. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I thought starwars2015 (nice title) did a good job at getting right to the action. The Prequels definitely could have used more of that plus humor and funny lines. Many of the same stories and characters are used, which is ok, but I would like to see more use of cooler back ground characters while still establishing Anakin/Obi Wan relationship.

Check out my Re-Writes from last month and tell me what you think?